Too Good to be TRUE
January 24, 2020
Too Good to be TRUE
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Viewpoint Spectrum
Viewpoint Spectrum is used across our whole organization. It is the primary software for all of our business needs. We make sure that whatever software we are examining to use will be compatible with Viewpoint Spectrum. Viewpoint Spectrum solves our project managing, job costing, accounting, dispatching, and field support. We have been using Spectrum for over 25 years and it continues to support our needs.
- Job Costing - Viewpoint Spectrum handles job costing per project, per work order, per site, and gives us an up to date analysis of the project.
- HR - helps to keep all of the training certifications and HR incidents in a consistent and manageable order for all Managers to use.
- Work Order could use a vamping of functionality. It could be more field oriented and easier to master.
- Cash Management is difficult to understand and master also. The adjustments seem to be the most complicated to understand and teach.
- Viewpoint Spectrum has allowed us the opportunity to be proactive in analyzing the costs for a project in time to make a difference in the outcome of the project. It has allowed us defense in supporting our communications with the project owners.
- Viewpoint Spectrum has allowed us to become more productive with its accounting software and the cohesion between the modules. It has definitely streamlined the processing necessary to account for the business.
Support has always been top notch at Viewpoint Spectrum. I have never had a situation where support did not work with me until the situation was abated. In my opinion, they have the best support of any software company I have been associated. I cannot say enough good things about the professionalism and knowledge base of the support staff.
Since I have been with Spectrum for a number of years, I think back on the early days of integration and it was somewhat tedious and complicated. Recently, my experience has been totally opposite. The new instruments they use to integrate other software with Spectrum is fairly easy.
I investigated Sage, Timberline, ConMast, and Quickbooks some 25 years ago. Viewpoint Spectrum was the best overall in most coverage and flexibility, ease of use, and mastery. I do not have any knowledge on other software currently.
Viewpoint Spectrum is well suited for accounting, job costing, project management, service department. It is less appropriate for estimating, payroll on-boarding, time collection in the field for construction jobs and document imaging for the entire company. The scenarios where Viewpoint Spectrum is not appropriate for what we are trying to accomplish, we outsource and import into our Viewpoint Spectrum software.