LogMeIn Rescue from the company LogMeIn in Boston, MA is remote administration software for IT management and support.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/i0/zi/4BZ9VSZ1DI3O.JPEGNot a bad Choice, this tool will get you out of trouble fast!Last Time I used LogMeIn it was a very helpful tool, it indeed helped me to connect and remotely support many computerd inside an organization. It gave me accurate reports of my PCs health and status. I used to work with LogMeIn everyday to provide support to my external clients, it was quick and easy to use.,Conectivity over internet. Status of computers and alerts. Dashboard to quickly find an asset.,If you do not have internet you are doomed. A bad connection can be a pain to work with. Sometimes needs a restart to start working.,7,Completely positive this was used to connect to the stakeholders computers.,NetSupport Manager,NetSupport Manager, Zoom, GoToMeetingOne of the easiest to use Software products in the IndustryWe used LogMeIn across our entire company for web conferencing meetings and conference calls with clients. It was extremely useful as a quick way to connect with our clients without them having to download any software. Ease of use for our clients and for our employees is a top priority for our company.,Easy to use. No time wasted training employees or coaching customers through logging in No software downloads required. No confusion for the customer or employees. Great user interface. Nothing is hidden, there are buttons and icons for everything that you would need to do while on the call.,Call quality is sometimes an issue when using VOIP Premium country numbers tend to be a little more expensive than on the open market The Customer service was a little slow to respond when there were issues with the call quality,9,LogMeIn has created a positive ROI for us in both a financial and a time-savings sense It has helped us easily communicate with our clients and close more deals It has reduced our ramp time for sales and customer service reps,GoToAssist, ConnectWise Control (formerly ScreenConnect), Zoom and WebEx MeetingsLogMeIn Rescue - great for rescuing customers in a pinch.LogMeIn Rescue is a great tool that our organization uses to support our various customers all over the world. It allows us to remotely access their computer and provide them with A+ support by showing them and walking them through issues, training, and more. In addition, because our software requires multiple screens, LMI Rescue gives us the ability to see all of their screens (individually or all at the same time). Finally, LMI Rescue gives us the ability to gather information about the user's computer as well as setup times to access it when no one is available to allow us in. It works great.,Sharing sessions between team members. Allowing direct URL links to be pre-programmed for common issues that you can just send the user to on their browser. Supporting multiple screen outputs for troubleshooting issues.,LMI's customer support is not as good as some other companies. The price is one of the highest in the industry for the features. The end-users process of connecting takes multiple steps and dialog windows which can delay getting connected or frustrate the end-user.,8,LMI has allowed our Customer Support Team to be more clear and efficient when helping customers. LMI has also allowed us to remotely access shared company computers when working remotely.,TeamViewer,Magento, Slack, LiveAgentLogMeIn Rescues Off Site UsersThis is used by our information technology department, specifically our help desk. We use it to connect to users outside of the building to help better solve their issues by being able to view their computer as well as send them files and view resources from within the application. We also use it to access computers that are not currently logged in.,The option to use unattended access so you don't have to go through the connection process each time. It has a really nice file sharing function that makes sending files easy. The alternate connection methods are helpful (email and link).,The UI is outdated. The re-connection after a reboot is a little hit or miss. There is no indication when you're viewing one screen that something you've opened is opening on another monitor you aren't viewing.,9,The ability to connect to users without having to go through the set up each time cuts down on troubleshooting immensely. The ability to transfer files allows us to avoid logging into remote desktop or vpn services. Being able to review certain system info via the application cuts down on time searching for these things in control panel.,GoToAssist and ConnectWise Control (formerly ScreenConnect),iMIS, Skype for Business, MalwarebytesRescue Your Resources With LogMeIn Rescue!We use LogMeIn to access various devices around multiple locations, mostly in a support function for other employees but also on the odd occasion for our partners. It is mostly used by the support and development teams. Key problems which are addressed are the ability to allow more technologically-astute colleagues to be able to assist remotely with specific technical queries.,The ability to be able to login to any device without the need for pre-installed software is a real time-saver and makes the initial process so much smoother. With multiple devices across multiple locations, the listing and categorisation of these makes it a lot easier to manage. The software on our local devices takes up minimal resources, meaning we can remotely access another device, whilst continuing to work on our own projects without any effect on the performance.,Just keep adding more mobile devices to the list!,9,It certainly is a time-saver, and allows jobs to be completely without wasting resources, such as travel time, or lengthy phone calls.,Google Drive, Microsoft Office 365, Slack, Guru, Chrome DevTools, Planday, LiveAgent, LiveChat, Desk.com
LogMeIn Rescue

LogMeIn Rescue Reviews

LogMeIn Rescue
Top Rated Award
Filter 112 vetted LogMeIn Rescue reviews and ratings
Miguel Nuñez profile photo
October 15, 2018

LogMeIn Rescue Review: "Not a bad Choice, this tool will get you out of trouble fast!"

• Conectivity over internet.
  • Status of computers and alerts.
  • Dashboard to quickly find an asset.
  • If you do not have internet you are doomed.
  • A bad connection can be a pain to work with.
  • Sometimes needs a restart to start working.
LogMeIn is well-suited to reach computers outside your network, and provide support to computers that are in home offices, or people traveling that need quick support to their computers.

Also if you are a support company with no way to conecto your clients this migth be the conectivity tool for you.
Read Miguel Nuñez's full review
Greg Larsen profile photo
June 11, 2018

LogMeIn Rescue Review: "One of the easiest to use Software products in the Industry"

• Easy to use. No time wasted training employees or coaching customers through logging in
  • No software downloads required. No confusion for the customer or employees.
  • Great user interface. Nothing is hidden, there are buttons and icons for everything that you would need to do while on the call.
  • Call quality is sometimes an issue when using VOIP
  • Premium country numbers tend to be a little more expensive than on the open market
  • The Customer service was a little slow to respond when there were issues with the call quality
LogMeIn is suited for a growing company that needs screenshare software in order to demo their products to potential clients. It is also well suited for a company that is going to use its other products in conjunction with the screenshare software as a bundled package. Having the ability to sync with Active Directory and take advantage of their Last Pass product as well, helped our team streamline all of our software credentials into one system.
Read Greg Larsen's full review
Aaron West, CTS profile photo
November 16, 2017

Review: "LogMeIn Rescue - great for rescuing customers in a pinch."

• Sharing sessions between team members.
  • Allowing direct URL links to be pre-programmed for common issues that you can just send the user to on their browser.
  • Supporting multiple screen outputs for troubleshooting issues.
  • LMI's customer support is not as good as some other companies.
  • The price is one of the highest in the industry for the features.
  • The end-users process of connecting takes multiple steps and dialog windows which can delay getting connected or frustrate the end-user.
LMI is great for almost all scenarios. It is a useful tool for helping customers or even accessing your own computers remotely. The multi-screen support is one of the biggest things for us and it can provide us great information and feedback as we are working with the user. However, if you have a less-than-technical user, getting connected can sometimes be a chore (share the number, download the file, run the file, click on multiple prompts, click again, now I can control your computer).
Read Aaron West, CTS's full review
Sam Bryant profile photo
November 14, 2017

User Review: "LogMeIn Rescues Off Site Users"

• The option to use unattended access so you don't have to go through the connection process each time.
  • It has a really nice file sharing function that makes sending files easy.
  • The alternate connection methods are helpful (email and link).
  • The UI is outdated.
  • The re-connection after a reboot is a little hit or miss.
  • There is no indication when you're viewing one screen that something you've opened is opening on another monitor you aren't viewing.
This is great for a small number of users, especially users that are frequently off-site. This is great for keeping a group of users that you can connect with without using the connection website each time. The alternate means of connecting like link and email also makes it easier to guide non-savvy users into a session with you.
Read Sam Bryant's full review
Faisal Hussain profile photo
July 18, 2017

Review: "Rescue Your Resources With LogMeIn Rescue!"

• The ability to be able to login to any device without the need for pre-installed software is a real time-saver and makes the initial process so much smoother.
  • With multiple devices across multiple locations, the listing and categorisation of these makes it a lot easier to manage.
  • The software on our local devices takes up minimal resources, meaning we can remotely access another device, whilst continuing to work on our own projects without any effect on the performance.
  • Just keep adding more mobile devices to the list!
It is perfectly suited to scenarios where full access is required to a device, allowing the operator to carry out a support task to any level without the requirement for any further permissions or access. We have also used it to monitor audio / video from other users' screens and the quality has been perfect.
Read Faisal Hussain's full review
November 20, 2017

LogMeIn Rescue Review: "Rescued by LogMeIn"

LogMeIn is used across my whole organization as a response to the challenges involved with memorizing and safe-keeping of multiple passwords. Because we deal with sensitive student data, it is important that our passwords are complicated and secure. Yet, that causes a challenge for teachers who may have a different password for multiple sites. We've recently moved to a Single Sign-On approach through Microsoft, but I still use LogMeIn to store passwords to dozens of websites.
  • I like the fact that the software asks me if I'd like to store a password
  • I like that there is a dropdown menu so that I can select a different password if needed
  • I like that my passwords are secure and encrypted, and I can't even see them
  • I did find it challenging to change passwords if I ignored the software's initial prompt to change. Sometimes I hit "no" too quickly and then could never figure out how to go back and edit a password.
I would recommend this for banking, education, or healthcare where there are lots of sensitive bits of data to protect. I don't see it being necessary for a personal account, because most browsers save passwords, but I certainly don't think it would hurt anyone to have.
Travis Oneal profile photo
October 09, 2015

LogMeIn Rescue Review: "Greatly improved our customer relations!"

I use logmeinrescue in order to connect to clients computers in order to troubleshoot issues with many of our programs that we use internally. I also use logmeinrescue in order to troubleshoot in-office computer issues while I'm traveling or at home working. It's such a great tool for the commuter! You can do nearly all of your work from home as an IT professional. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a solid remote support platform.
  • File Transferring
  • User Interface
  • Ease of connection
  • The ability to send a confirmation message to the users screen after the support session is ended. Maybe a survey link or something along those lines. "How was your support session today?"
I'd recommend this product's premium version if you find yourself needing to connect to several computers a week. The regular logmein client will suffice if you're simply connecting to a computer occasionally, but not very often. It's also great if you are the primary IT technician for your company, as you can manage all of your companies computers from your desktop.
Read Travis Oneal's full review
Jermaine Rodriguez profile photo
October 06, 2015

Review: "LogMeIn Rescue - has saved me & my truck a lot of wear and tear"

LogMeIn Rescue has saved me a ton of money on gas and time. I used to waste so much time driving instead of invoicing, that I was limiting my income potential. Once I got started, my productivity skyrocketed as I was able to knock out 5 minute support sessions and work on multiple tasks at the same time.
  • Easy login instructions.
  • Software works on practically any platform.
  • LogMeIn has been around for a long time and I trust their level of security.
  • The Rescue product is expensive.
  • Getting connected to a client can be a little confusing to the client, there is a lot of 'Allow' and 'OK' to get through before I can control their PC.
  • Maybe offer a per use pricing model or tiered memberships.
LogMeIn Rescue product is very handy for remote troubleshooting, typically it is just to show me an error on the screen or set up an email account real quick. In the random sessions that last several hours and multiple reboots, this tool is great. Some people have asked to use it to remotely access their PC, but the regular LogMeIn Remote product is a much better match.
Read Jermaine Rodriguez's full review
Scott Howard profile photo
September 30, 2015

LogMeIn Rescue Review: "Like I'm sitting right next to my clients."

Our company uses LogMeIn Rescue for software support and training of our software members. I use LogMeIn Rescue daily when training our business owners and managers how to use our software. I share screens with our members and teach them how to use our software. Our support staff uses it to login to our members’ computers to troubleshoot problems they may be having.
  • LogMeIn Rescue allows me to get connected quickly to a client's computer.
  • LogMeIn Rescue allows me to do file transfers easily when necessary.
  • LogMeIn Rescue allows me to switch screens if my client has multiple screens.
  • I would like to be able to easily record both video and audio of my training sessions with my clients.
I like every aspect of it pretty well. It runs seamlessly.
Read Scott Howard's full review
Andrew Seavey profile photo
March 18, 2015

Review: "LogMeIn Rescue is a savior for remote support"

LogMeIn Rescue is used to support remote employees with IT related issues. The IT department is the sole user of the program but it's used to support employees in all departments. LogMeIn Rescue allows us to be very flexible with our support options and support people without worrying about geographic restrictions or a specific OS.
  • The software is very easy to use. Sending someone a LogMeIn Rescue link to provide support is very straightforward.
  • The software compatibility is great. It supports a wide array of browsers and operating systems allowing us to support more people.
  • The software uses a low amount of bandwidth so it's great for people with mobile data or slow connections.
  • The software could use a UI refresh. Some of the buttons and menus seem a bit outdated, but this doesn't impact the usability.
  • I wish there were more automated actions that could be performed by the software. There could be built in tools for system restore, boot issues, etc.
There are a great deal of remote connectivity options, including some that are free. I think LogMeIn Rescue comes off as a professional product that is well maintained. I can count on this program efficiently support employees throughout the company. I think this product is primarily geared towards supporting employees with non-company equipment. For example, we use LogMeIn Pro on all of our work computers so I rarely use LogMeIn Rescue for any of these devices (as I can initiate a remote connection through LogMeIn Pro without user input.)
Read Andrew Seavey's full review
Eric and Candace Strickler profile photo
February 04, 2014

Review: "Logmein Rescue - Robust, Feature-rich, Scalable, Affordable"

I am a co-owner of a formerly Break-Fix model computer repair business. We have a strong focus on customer service and support. Our business is currently undergoing a conversion as an emerging MSP. We have reliably used Logmein Rescue since it was pre-beta. We have seen many iterations through the years and over all, have been pleased with the robust and mature product it is today. We took advantage of their in-house rebranding, and found it easy to integrate into our website, and to install on customers' machines.

The very good things about Logmein Rescue mostly overshadow the few shortcomings. The light-weight app requires very little resources to run either on the technician side or the consumer's end. The technician app can be run from a browser via a plug-in, or via a small installation package that can install a more permanent version of the desktop rescue technician console. Distinguishing between either the browser base or desktop is slight, especially if the browser is running in full screen. The benefits to this type of flexibility enable me to on the fly help a customer, even if I find my self off-site, without my own computers, but near a machine that has internet. The System Info tab is an excellent quick click when first connecting to a remote session. This very detailed snap shot can give the technician and incredible amount of useful data in under a second. This can help immediately explain slow computers when it turns out the have a pentium 3 cpu and 512mb of ram.

A fundamental feature that should not be overlooked is the Logmein Rescue Calling Card. This small customizable app can be generated from the web-based account login. An installation package is created on the fly, that has a technician defined preset group of behaviors. i.e. Run on start up, always check for updates, etc. Any time a session is initiated with a client - the technician has the option to push an install of the logmein calling card - which generally takes under 9 seconds to download and install on the customer's machine.

Technicians can generate sessions via a hyper-link that can be pushed or emailed, by creating a portal on your website, or through the logmeinrescue calling card left on a customers computer. There is a chat component that can be used while in session, or can be used as a stand alone "Contact Us" api embedded on your website.

The console features an intuitive layout with Customers listed by name across the top, and in-session clients organized below on tabs. The tabs can be "torn-away" like most web-browser today, which allows the tech to "alt-tab" between open sessions. The console has the main windows which facilitate remote desktop viewing and controlling, in addition allows for cycling through multiple monitor or even showing all monitors at once in the event there are more than one on the customer's machine. There is an excellent and nimble file transfer component that allows for 2-way file transfers and folder creation on the client's machine. Technicians have the ability to create and maintain a host of scripts that can be pushed an ran silently through the console.

For Access techs have the ability to reboot machines and reconnect - even in safemode w/ networking. There are also options to set unattended access for a specific or indefinite amount of time. We find the capture credentials feature useful for our more paranoid customer who do not want to give up their windows login creds. This allows the customer to enter their own login info.

We really like the history tab - as it allows us to view a pretty good timeline of events and logged notes by yourself or previous techs.

Finally, you can use the console to control and push to mobile devices. As mobile devices begin to push out PCs in the consumer market this feature will be more important than ever.

We run the the app as a system service when connecting for remote support sessions. This eliminates the frustrating situation of having the customer click next etc. However this is also where the trouble starts. Installing the app on the customer's end requires them, in most cases to download and run an installation package, which they then need to click run again as the called in package is delivered and installed. Then an "ok", "yes", "next" and "allow access / unblock and allow", and "continue" is required. This can be overwhelming to elderly or non-savvy users. I am not kidding you - I have been on the phone for up to 1 hour, just trying to get someone through the prompts to get connected.

For this reason we are having to use Team Viewer as our on the fly remote connection support console. We still deploy the Rescue calling card on customer's desktops as a backup, but for initiating new support sessions where there is no calling card - we have to go with TV. There is very little prompting or answering questions on the part of the customer.

The only other issue we have is the following: About 1 out of every 10 sessions, where the user has their DPI set high so everything is larger on the screen, the console will only display a small portion of the customer's desktop. We have never found a fix for this despite putting out to LMI's tech team. Now when it happens we use the LMIRescure file transfer to push them a TV install.

Overall the app is solid and Way more affordable than most competing products. It is scalable and customizable through rebranding to fit your business needs and marketing integration aspirations. It works great for PC,Mac, and Most mobile devices. There are a few persistent bugs - but mostly they do not interfere with the vast number of supports sessions we conduct using the software.

We will continue to use this product for at least the next 24 months as we transition our business model from the Break-Fix to MSP.
  • Light weight - requires very little resources on either the customer side or technician side
  • Works in either a desktop app install or a portable app installation via browser plugin
  • Customers can self initiate sessions through Logmein Rescue Calling Card, or user defined web portal
  • Technicians can push or email links to support sessions, or direct users to their own web portal, or the LMI web portal and give the customer a session code generated from the console
  • Resources and display options are provided to maximize band width and deal with multiple monitors
  • Quick fix tools are available for infinite customization through scripting "Click 2 Fix"
  • Works on PC / Mac / Mobile
  • "System Info" tab can quickly offer a snap shot of customer's machine and log files
  • File manager is a nimble and quick 2-way feature that even allows for creation of folder / trees on customer's machine
  • Tear away tabs and the chat features allow for an organized display of current engaged sessions, and those on hold
  • Ability to manage techs and their sessions by reviewing and live monitoring of support session
  • Ability to transfer sessions to different technicians
  • Customer Prompting is way too complex. Requires too much of the average user to initiate a clean session.
  • Buggy issue for High DPI desktop settings and / or weir resolution settings
  • Sometimes chat windows becomes unusable and this also kills the ability to enter notes - need a way to edit notes after a session has ended.
Well suited for emerging MSP, and break fix model repair organizations. Also internal help desk support to large organizations with Tiered or hierarchical arrays of technicians that need the ability to transfer and monitor sessions for training or escalating support issues. Seats are purchased based on number of different tech that will be logged in simultaneously.
Read Eric and Candace Strickler's full review
Jason Segale profile photo
February 01, 2014

Review: "Why LogMeIn Rescue solves Help Desk issues quickly and effectively!"

At WTS we use the LogMeIn Rescue tool to assist our clients remotely and resolve issues that increase not only our clients productivity but our productivity as well. It is a very well laid out platform for performing emergency and critical support services for both Server and Workstation levels. It provides us and the client peace of mind as the connections are established via encrypted sessions and really stands out with customizable features for rebranding, calling cards, unattended access and more. This is a tool for seeing and working in a fashion that allows the technician to see inside the system in a simple graphical and data centric way that cuts through issues quickly and definitely is highly recommended by WTS for any Service Management need internally or externally of the business organization or managed service provider. A+++
  • Rebranding and Customizable features to truly make this your platform
  • Intuitive Design and Simple Data Feeds with pertinent information
  • Unattended access controls that can be revoked by users as needed
  • Web based version is identical to Software installed version
  • There is no easily identifiable buttons for accessing the Computers section
  • The pull down menu bar sometimes interferes with the session windows if the size of the remote screen is smaller than 1024x768
  • Mac User support is not at the same level as the PC side
The interface is quite good but you have to back out of the desktop area to gain access to the additional support features...would be a major improvement to have them as modules that overlay the desktop mode area. Having to duck in and out is cumbersome at times and requires the technician to have to recall from memory or go back and retrieve the information then back again.
Read Jason Segale's full review
Elvis Williams profile photo
February 08, 2014

LogMeIn Rescue Review: "Easy to use, Easy to learn and Great"

LogMeIn Rescue is used to provide support for our users. We scheduled restarts that would allow us to log right back in without having to install additional software. It resolved the issue of having to take an extended period of time to teach a user how to install any other remote desktop program, by allowing us to guide them to a single site, click, type, and allow us control and we are in. We are an organization supporting more than 40 local and non-local companies, so naturally we would want to get in get out remotely as quick as possible to ensure we are fully utilizing our time to provide customers Elite Customer Support.
  • Easy set up, quick and painless for both parties
  • Allows you to re initiate control upon restart, just in case the local user stepped away.
  • Efficient and fast
  • The one thing that bothered me when I first started using it, was the understanding that I needed to have UAC on the remote user's side allowed or temporarily disabled so I could do all I needed without error.
It is most useful when you have a user that knows little about the working of computers and you need to get in and support them. I have had users who did not know what they were doing and I had to give them specific details in the past for other remote desktop programs, but with LogMeIn Rescue I was able to avoid the hassle and save time.
Read Elvis Williams's full review
Kevin Moody profile photo
February 01, 2014

Review: "LogMeIn Rescue works well for remote support!"

I utilized LogMeIn Rescue to support a few managed services clients. This tool would be appropriate also for SMB to Enterprise level IT organizations to support their user base or to provide support for remote users. I especially appreciated the excellent support for mobile devices at the time. I rarely had connectivity or any issues with the product.
  • Mobile Remote Support
  • Remote User Support
  • Remote Server or Application Support
  • Pricing is higher per year than some alternatives
  • More management of support staff and roles could be added - only necessary for larger IT support organizations - test for your needs
  • Sometimes the process for the user doesn't work smoothly to get connected - but this is common in this application space
Supporting small to midsize business sales organizations with their heavy use of multiple BYOD is a strength for this product. I was happy with my use.
Read Kevin Moody's full review
Donald Redd profile photo
February 01, 2014

Review: "Systems Engineer\Frequent User of Logmein Rescue"

Logmein Rescue is being used primarily as an emergency means of remotely accessing computer that are not available via the standard Logmein or on machines that are not on our domain. It is used by any member of our IT team that supports over 300 remote users. The issues addressed are primarily desktop troubleshooting related but we do have computers that control mission critical systems and we leverage Logmein Rescue to address these fairly consistently.
  • Remotely Controlling a PC that is used by a non-technical user is paramount to getting this users issues resolved and allowing them to get back to their daily task.
  • Being able to manage files on a remote PC is a huge time-saving tool. Through Logmein Rescue you can push multiple file to a remote pc without disturbing the user productivity.
  • Even with non-technical users, Logmein rescue make it very straight forward for the user to grant and start a remote session.
  • It would be nice to have the option to start a remote session (installs and permissions ) without end user interaction.
  • I would like to see the ability to resume a session if internet connection is lost.
  • It would be nice to be able to customize a url for an enterprise to get to the logmein rescue site.
My experience has revealed that logmein rescue is best suited for emergencies where it is the only means to remote access and enterprise-owned device.
Read Donald Redd's full review
Nathan Polsky profile photo

"LogMeIn Rescue Review!"

I've used LogMeIn Rescue to remote into customer's computers for troubleshooting. The steps are very easy to follow for those without technical skills.
  • Very easy to walk non-technical users through the process of sharing their screen.
  • Can't think of any.
Does your organization already have a remote tool?
Read Nathan Polsky's full review
Andre Wee-Tom profile photo
January 29, 2014

LogMeIn Rescue Review: "Best Remote Software."

To remotely support, configure and manage devices.
  • Manage clients
  • transfer sessions
  • multiple connections in single console.
  • GUI
  • More user friendly
  • quicker remote screen display
It is well suited for home users and travelling business professionals.
Read Andre Wee-Tom's full review
Aleks Malone profile photo
January 28, 2014

LogMeIn Rescue Review: "Log Me In Rescue works for me"

Our entire company uses LMI rescue. We use Log Me in Rescue for several reasons. For example, to assist end users with computer issue s, such as Outlook configuration and other software related problems. We troubleshoot server side issues using LMI Rescue. Check event logs and diagnose. LMI Rescue makes it easy to manage several different clients' networks remotely.
  • Remote desktop assistance
  • File transfer
  • Allows you to take control and troubleshoot issues on remote computers
  • I think that LMI rescue works perfectly for the jobs I use it for
It works well for remote computer management.
Read Aleks Malone's full review
September 30, 2015

Review: "LogMeIn Rescue is the most reliable option on the market."

LogMeIn Rescue is used to provide end user support for not only our end users but also clients. It is a well secure and known application suite. It allows us to remote in to all versions of Windows and Mac OS and support a wide range of computer issues.
  • Ability to use a whiteboard to show clients where particular items are located
  • Ability to limit remote CPU usage for slower systems
  • Ability to boot in to all environments of windows with ease and quick adaptation/support for newer operating systems as they come out.
  • With Windows 8/10 users - a lot of them are using PIN codes to log in in lieu of a regular password for the local/Microsoft account. The ability to capture PIN codes to authenticate on reboot would be great.
  • An ability to have the remote user lower the resolution from what we see on our end when working with less-than-ideal internet situations like clients with satellite internet.
If the end user is using Windows or Mac OS, it is the easiest and most lightweight application out there to support end users. Linux/ChromeOS support would be nice but it is not something that I run in to needing to support remotely on any consistent basis.
November 26, 2014

LogMeIn Rescue Review: "LogMeIn to the Rescue!"

LogMeIn Rescue is utilized by several of our business technicians. We provide tech support for several small businesses and LogMeIn Rescue is a key tool we use to support our customers remotely. It allows us to quickly log into a users machine and fix any problems they might have.
  • It allows the remote technician to run programs that require admin privileges.
  • Provides clipboard sync, reboot into safe mode with networking, and unattended access.
  • Completely secure encrypted connection.
  • Requires the user to go to a website, which can be difficult to initiate over the phone.
  • User Account Control prompts sometimes pop up in the background during the initial connection, confusing the user.
  • When running as a system service, it sometimes launches 2 separate windows.
This product is perfect for any technician providing technical support remotely. There are free alternatives, but none of them are as reliable as LogMeIn Rescue. More specifically, this is a great tool for anyone doing remote virus removals, configurations, tutorials, and server configurations, because it allows the technician to share the screen with the user.
February 13, 2014

User Review: "Logmein Rescue- Easy to Use"

Logmein Rescue is currently being used across multiple departments. The support department can connect with current customers to view IT issues with the software. The sales department can to perform and install demonstrations to potential customers. We are able to use Logmein Rescue across different departments and share screens to stay in communication.
  • Easy of Use- You can get installed and trained with in a matter of minutes. Buttons and areas of the program are self explanatory and easily understood.
  • Sharing between technicians- Technicians are able to share sessions in order to collaborate on an issue. There is no need for moving around the office or huddle around one computer screen.
  • Connection Issues- computers will not connect or there will be a lag period if customers have a slower internet speed.
  • There can be issues getting connected to computers through the website. It is difficult for customers who are computer illiterate with all the pop up questions to confirm connection.
It works well for a business that has multiple people that need to connect with customers. It has easy sharing and file transfers within the company.
January 31, 2014

LogMeIn Rescue Review: "Remote Support Simplicity"

Our organization in my previous role, mostly used LogMeIn Rescue to support the various university departments. It allowed us technicians to easily remote-in and assist any user who is having issues. The biggest advantage for our use was we could remote to a client who was off-campus. Those clients who are recruiters for the university, often went without support beforehand. Now they are given full support.
  • Remote assistance without the worry of port security on user computers.
  • Practically no learning curve.
  • They include features such as chat and file transfer.
  • Connections were not always reliable.
  • Remote support on mobile devices.
For a large university with many departments in other buildings and recruiters that are off-campus, LogMeIn Rescue really is a quality product to use. While nothing beats an in-person visit, LogMeIn Rescue is a great solution for quick fixes. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who has off-campus clients.
January 28, 2014

LogMeIn Rescue Review: "Fantastic product used for customers and employees."

It is used across multiple departments both for consumer products as well as in-house asset support. R&D and tech support utilizes the software to assist in remote customer support on our windows-based devices and IT uses it for employee machine support. It makes in house support and product support easier and there is less cross training needed.
  • Seamless integration between remote and host hardware and software.
  • Provides a multifaceted solution that goes beyond just a remote desktop connection.
  • Has plenty of useful extras like chat, file transfer, storing machine names.
  • Mobile remote control.
  • FTP support.
I would say maybe if it's a smaller company where the budget isn't is flexible you may want to go with a cost-free solution. In an environment where you will have many people using the software across the company (IT teams or tech support) it makes sense to go with a large volume licensing product like logme in.

Screen sharing (8)
File transfer (8)
Instant message (7)
Secure remote access with Smart Card authentication (2)
Access to sleeping/powered-off computers (4)
Over-the-Internet remote session (9)
9.2
Initiate remote control from mobile (4)
9.4
Remote management of servers & workstations (5)
Remote Active Directory® management (3)
10.0
Centralized management dashboard (6)
Session record (5)
Annotations (5)
Monitoring and Alerts (4)
Multi-platform remote control (7)
9.2