LogMeIn Rescue Reviews

Mike Narumiya | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 23, 2019

LogMeIn is a count on me product.

It is used by the support team to provide support to application issues, and various desktop/workstation based issues. A great, well known easy to use option. Easy to train support staff on its use, easy roll out. A well known product that many people are already familiar with. Website is great and clear. A great decision for many.
  • Easy to use. Very little training necessary.
  • Established brand identify, so user acceptance is high.
  • Can't think of many things. Works, easy to use.
When supporting remote users/clients, it's a fast, simple to use way to remotely access workstations or to share documents. Requires very little to no training as it is a super easy, straight forward application. Lightweight, and reliable. A solid tool to provide to staff, that works when it is needed. Being a well known brand is a great selling point for buy in.
Read Mike Narumiya's full review
February 10, 2020

LogMeIn Rescue is a solid choice for those with basic remote support needs

We use LogMeIn Rescue as a company to better remotely support our workforce. Although it's initial intent was to be used for those workers not on site, we have found it convenient enough to begin using the tool even in lieu of walks to different parts of the building. The main issue it resolved for us is efficiently diagnosing and resolving helpdesk tickets opened by remote users.
  • Remote desktop access.
  • Remote file access.
  • Pricing is always an issue, costs do matter and there is competition in this space.
  • There is no asset management.
I feel that if you have relatively few remote users and are not looking for a complete remote management and monitoring suite that LogMeIn rescue is a fine choice. That said, there is competition in this space so there are a lot of options at all price points. Those who have more of a remote workforce and are looking to automate patching and get a higher level of reporting should be looking at a more comprehensive piece of software than LogMeIn Rescue.
May 19, 2020

Bottom line!

It addresses remote support of our staff on the weekends and sometimes during the week's work. Saves us a trip at times to locations because we could just call the client and set up a session on LogMeIn Rescue. Minor to no issues with the software so far. Recommend to any company that does support.
  • Remote assistance in guiding people.
  • Remote screen recordings to record the entire session.
  • Keeping track of your sessions from when you started one to when you ended.
  • Sometimes keyboard might stop working for a remote user.
  • Maybe another software to mirror desktop without having to have user grant permission to keyboard and mouse.
  • Better reboot in remote session or reconnect.
I had this person who was experiencing issues with a profile corruption and I had to reboot his PC in the process of clearing out his profile. Thanks to LogMeIn Rescue, I was able to do so without having to stress the client by asking them to allow me access again. In my experience with other remote software, a reboot wipes the connection clear.
Chip Berg | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 18, 2019

How LogMeIn has made my business better

We are a Xerox dealer and LogMeIn allows me to correct issues that used to require me to get in a company car and drive sometimes up to 2 hours to fix issues; it now gives me the ability to correct the issues within a matter of minutes. It saves us thousands of dollars each year and helps me keep my customers happy.
  • Fast access to their network.
  • Ability to see for myself what issues they are having.
  • Allows me the ability to quickly correct their issues.
  • It allows me to reboot their computers and automatically reconnects after the restart.
  • I believe the yearly price is high.
  • I have some customers who have trouble getting to the logmein123.com website. They try to do a search for the site and it comes up with hundreds of choices.
  • After the customers download the installer the questions the installer asks scares them, as if we could cause harm to their system.
It's well suited for any IT Support organization. Tech support to repair computers. Support role for driver issues such as a printer, scanner, and other hardware. Helping to maintain corporate end-users. Maintaining a sales force that is on the road and not easily accessible. We use it to make firmware updates to copiers, set up drivers for printing, configuring email, and scan-to-folder.
Read Chip Berg's full review
Matt Van Winkle | TrustRadius Reviewer

How LogMeIn Rescue has made our company better

We are an IT consulting company and use it to remotely access client workstations and servers. It allows us to handle many troubleshooting scenarios remotely rather than traveling on site. The Rescue Agent is great for installing updates and being able to work on a remote computer without requiring the end user to be at their desk.
  • Unattended Remote Access.
  • Quickly get a new user/computer to connect. We typically use the 6 digit code method and direct users to logmein123.com.
  • Gather statistics on a remote computer such as services installed and running, disk space, and other metrics.
  • Better support for servers with unattended access. The unattended access works well, but occasionally will get disabled or uninstalled on servers and needs to be reconfigured.
LogMeIn Rescue works great when providing technical support to end-users. We are a software consulting company that supports many end-users who are not always tech-savvy. I have used other remote access tools in the past which were cumbersome or complicated to get non-tech users to connect. LogMeIn Rescue works every time and is simple and easy to use.

When installing updates on remote computers, it can sometimes take several hours and you often need to restart the computer. The unattended access feature works great in allowing the end user to not need to be present at their desk while we do our work.
Read Matt Van Winkle's full review
Kellie Myers | TrustRadius Reviewer

Tech Company's Use of LogMeIn

It is being used across our whole organization.
It addresses all business problems by allowing us to log in to our business clients' computers anywhere in the country, and be able to remotely address their issues. This program has become an asset to our company by allowing us to have this mobility.
  • Providing Log In Keys - Allows us to ensure the customer will be connected with us as a technician each time.
  • Providing Chat Services - To communicate with the client/person we're remote connecting with to ensure they are involved in each step of the process.
  • Unattended Access - Helps us address the customer's concerns anytime of the day, without needing login assistance.
LogMeIn comes in handy at all times. We would recommend this to any person who needs a remote software that they can use to be a reliable connection between their company's and their clients' computers.
The LogMeIn unattended access has come in handy when businesses have problems during off hours, and we are easily able to remote in and assist.
The chat feature has come in handy when communicating with clients as well.
Read Kellie Myers's full review
David Geller | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 18, 2019

Couldn't run my consulting end of business as well without LogMeIn Rescue

I am exclusive to helping retail jewelers with Quickbooks desktop. Also each jeweler has a point of sale program that exports into Quickbooks. I help jewelers with both. I MUST be at THEIR computer 90% of the time to help and answer questions. I have tied the logmein123.com site to a special webpage my customers go to in order to connect. Perfect.
  • On a scale of 1 to 10 for my customers to get connected, I'd give it an 8.
  • Once I connect I see their whole screen as if it were mine. I've used two other connecting softwares, theirs are not that way.
  • Dragging a file from their computer to mine is easy as dragging a document from one to folder to another on your own computer, easy peasy.
  • Although I only help one company at a time, I can connect to many of their workstations at a time. Each workstation is a tab, it works just like tabs on an internet browser.
  • Two questions to ask to connect confuses customers, A LOT. A few times I've needed administrator rights and it occasionally has required a Windows username and password from MY USER. 75% don't know it.
  • It's the most expensive in the marketplace but for me it's worth it.
If a spouse needs to help a spouse with their computer at home occasionally and that's all you need, this is not the product, Pro would be better suited.
Read David Geller's full review
Jesse Joswick | TrustRadius Reviewer

LMI Rescue works every time

We use LMI Rescue to make quick and easy connections to customers that we do not have persistent connections with. Rescue is quick, and easy to use and establish a link with for users of all skill levels. It is used by all of our technical staff which are the majority of our employees.
  • Error free install of the client, it works every time.
  • Remote control offers all the features we need including automatic reconnect after reboot.
  • Install is simple and easy to talk users with limited ability through the steps.
We use LMI Rescue to establish connections to computers without our full LMI Central package installed. It is less appropriate when we have the persistent LMI connection ready to go.
Read Jesse Joswick's full review
Jonathan Ayers | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 16, 2019

LogMeIn Rescue - Best remote tool I've ever used

LogMeIn Rescue is used to support General Electric (our customer) both on-site and with remote users. It is used by technicians across the enterprise to connect to and troubleshoot user computers. This tool addresses a primary business problem: having an employee who cannot use their computer, thereby not being able to accomplish assigned tasks associated with their job.
  • It allows connections to users both on site and at remote locations.
  • It does not require the users to be connected to the domain. It can support users who are connected to any internet connection.
  • It has interactive features that allow for dynamic control of a user device (shutdown, restart, etc.).
  • It can be bandwidth intensive (although this can be partially relieved by switching to a black and white color scheme.
  • It requires users to authorize the connection (some users are unable to understand how to authorize the connection, could be clearer).
  • The chat function can be hard to use, the dialog box it provides is small.
LogMeIn Rescue is well suited in enterprises that require 24/7 user functionality. It allows end-user support on-site and at remote locations through any type of internet connection (domain authentication not required). It is less suited for issues related to device hardware/BIOS as these issues are often diagnosed through on-board diagnostic tools.
Read Jonathan Ayers's full review
Lochan Kalicharan | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 27, 2019

Excellent Remote Application

The software allows us to easily connect with users that are not nearby or close enough for us to quickly access them in order to provide support. Since our business has multiple locations LogMeIn Rescue makes it simple to connect with all of our users in a quick and efficient manner.
  • Quickly connect to the user with minimal wait time.
  • Simple interface, easy to understand and navigate.
  • The initial download for the user can be confusing when it comes to downloading and running the applet. It can vary across platforms such as MAC vs PC.
LogMeIn works great when we are not able to leave or if we need to multitask and work with a few users at a time. Remotely accessing these users is also very important and this is why LogMeIn is great in that aspect. I am able to fix nearly every issue encountered unless it's a hardware fix.
Read Lochan Kalicharan's full review
David McIntyre | TrustRadius Reviewer

Love LogMeIn Rescue - Saves me money & time

We use it to remotely log in with customers and help them over the phone. Our entire company uses the program.
  • Remains connected on logout/safe mode/reboot very well.
  • File Transfer works flawlessly.
  • Working with multiple computers at once works great.
  • Would love to see a way to mirror multiple screens better. For example, we log in to a customer that has 2 screens and we have two screens on our workstation. I would like to see both screens at the same time in full-screen mode (this is very common).
  • Would like the ability to save the "Computers" that we have unattended access to.
Great for accessing customer computers. I wish the process was a little simpler for customers. As of right now, they have to click on an Icon on our site, then OK to allow UAC, then OK again for connection and then OK again once we start it on our end. That's a lot.
Read David McIntyre's full review
Kay Wetzel | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 15, 2019

Rescue has been a business saver!

LogMeIn Rescue is being used every day in our business to support our clients in their computer and security needs.
  • File Transfer - simple and fast.
  • Unattended access - simple to set up, just works, and is less hassle to clients as they don't have to walk through the connection process for repeat sessions.
  • Screen capture - a great tool to save errors, etc. You can save these in client records for history/billing purposes.
  • History/Notes - helpful for billing purposes. Can also be saved in client records for historical lookups.
  • Unattended access service seems to fail and/or not start at times.
  • After Windows updates, sometimes remote session does not reconnect after rebooting to install updates.
  • Sometimes a session that is having trouble connecting will get "stuck" in the session list showing "connecting" and there is nothing you can do to end it or try to restart it.
It is very well suited to supporting end users and business users in computer issues, updates, and any software related problems. Even hardware updates can be done in most cases, and the session reconnects fairly well. It's less appropriate on a smaller scale such as a small office that wants to access work PC's from home.
Read Kay Wetzel's full review
John Hughes | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 14, 2019

Great Remote Tool

I use LogMeIn Rescue every day to support clients, update software and troubleshoot issues on Windows PCs. I update my database software remotely for customers. I troubleshoot a variety of problems from resetting passwords to installing and uninstalling software to running malware scans. I support Windows servers for several customers including managing users, rights and updating software.
  • One of my favorite features in unattended access. Particularly for servers this feature allows me to keep updates and policies current without disrupting customers daily use.
  • As long as my customers have good internet, copying files back and forth to troubleshoot data problems is a snap.
  • When I need to roll out updates I can make changes once and update multiple computers quickly.
  • I wish Windows server access didn't require entering a password multiple times.
  • Troubleshooting hardware problems is more difficult than it should be.
  • I work a lot with dot matrix printers, it would be nice to be able to update printer settings remotely. This is a joke because you need to touch the printer to change firmware settings.
I often work with tech support at another vendor while accessing a client's system. This usually works very well. Troubleshooting network issues while accessing multiple computers at the same time works well. LogMeIn Rescue does not work well when trying to diagnose printer issues.
Read John Hughes's full review
Jacob Bell | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 22, 2019

Solid remote assist solution

We utilize Rescue for both onsite and offsite user support. It is primarily used by IT. It allows instantaneous access to computers that are otherwise difficult to physically get to.
  • Fast connection
  • WIde range of tools (remote control, file transfer, etc.).
  • Complicated interface.
  • Advanced features are hard to turn on and off. For example, Rescue will occasionally log me into the user's computer with the credentials I'm using to open Rescue. I still don't know how to disable this feature.
LogMeIn Rescue is a solid choice for remote assist. I've had a lot of trouble reliably using Rescue to deploy software or other commands, so it may not be as well suited for that.
Read Jacob Bell's full review
Scott Robinson | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 18, 2019

Great product, have to deal with salesmen.

It is used by several departments for remote support and provides an easy and customizable way to connect support agents with clients.
  • Support desk intigration
  • Mobile support
  • Custom scripting
  • Sales processes are salesman driven. I get it for new customers but constantly having to deal with sales representatives and fighting higher pricing is a pain.
  • We occasionally need to bring a competitor into the mix in order to maintain pricing.
Great for daily use as a remote support tool, bad for occasional remote support since there is no pricing model to support those users.
Read Scott Robinson's full review
Joe Santella | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 13, 2019

Great tool for supporting remote users

I use LogMeIn Rescue daily to assist local or remote users. It is very easy for me to use and simple for clients to use also. We have over 48,000 staff in the medical center and with off-site users, this makes support much easier.
  • I am deskside support tech at a major medical center, and with many locations and remote users, I can assist when users are off-site or even out of the country.
  • I can assist users that are not able to remote into their office and can correct issues on their home PCs to allow remote work.
  • I can see user's errors directly on the screen when they are off-site.
  • It would be nice to be able to transfer files to users when assisting them.
It is so simple to use and allows me to connect to multiple users at the same time and toggle between stations while assisting them.
Read Joe Santella's full review
Karthik Verma Narmeta | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 20, 2019

I Recommend LogMeIn

We use LogMeIn to support users who are remotely based for IT issues.
  • Remote access from any machine to any machine with internet connectivity.
  • Unattended access.
  • Team collaboration.
  • Running the app is a bit slow at times
LogMeIn is highly recommended as I worked for a couple of global companies and it has been used in the majority of those companies.
Read Karthik Verma Narmeta's full review
Jason Ferguson | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 19, 2019

LogMeIn Rescue Review

Remote support for INSITE software.
  • Accessibility.
  • File management.
  • Good screen resolution.
  • Speed in connecting.
  • Applet retrieval to patch thru.
  • Chat box remaining live and accessible after a reboot occurs.
Allows us to remote in and do software support of INSITE quickly and efficiently. The six-digit PIN code access is really great!
Read Jason Ferguson's full review

LogMeIn does the job

We use LogMeIn Rescue in all departments of our business. We use it to troubleshoot customer issues, install software on client machines, and demo solutions to clients.
  • File transfers.
  • Saving support.
  • Back-end controls.
  • Managing connections.
  • I have experienced some slowing.
  • Occasionally, I need to restart the software.
  • Saving a connection can be difficult.
It helps when connecting to customers and troubleshooting software issues. Also, when installing new software solutions remotely.

I provide most of my support remotely, with LogMeIn I can place a shortcut on the client's desktop and instruct them to open this shortcut to begin the process of troubleshooting their issue. After this, I just give them the 6 digit code and we are on our way.
November 18, 2019

LogMeIn Rescue is an easy to use, solid-performing product for remote management

We use LogMeIn Rescue to support our customer's POS workstations across our entire system. It is being used by many of our departments internally including IT, Operations and Finance. This product allows us to service our customers more quickly and efficiently and get them back to seeing their customers faster.
  • Ease of use.
  • Continuously improving their products.
  • Pricing is very competitive.
If you have a need to support remote customers' desktops or mobile, this is a great product to help you do that.
November 11, 2019

LogMeIn Rescue Review

LogMeIn Rescue is being used to support clients worldwide by our technical support department. Clients call in and we log in to troubleshoot problems with their pc and the software we provide for them. I believe that the application is being used across a number of departments within our company, but not the whole organization. This allows us to only remote into client computers when assistance is needed.
  • Providing additional information, such as pc specifications, allowing us to understand hardware specifications and potential problems.
  • Remote reboot with login privileges so the client is not always required to be there to log in.
  • Security settings to allow/deny UAC to prevent certain actions.
  • The hassle of always having to verbalize a code to log in.
  • The status of computers does not always update (rebooting, on hold, connecting).
Scenarios where LogMeIn is well suited would be when technicians can only log into the user's pc with permission. For example, only when assistance is needed, as there is other information that may be private for the client acting as a security feature. Overall, I believe it is more suited for client-based access.
It may be less suited to corporate/internal IT departments, as some may require 24/7 access in case of an emergency.
November 07, 2019

Great tool for the job!

Currently, LogMeIn Rescue is used across the organization as a remote support tool for IT. We have several analysts and technicians that use this specifically for remoting into a workstation to assist and end user with support. This varies for each situation as we may use to assist with a problem or to walk through a process with an end user.
  • Ease of access for end user.
  • UAC bypass.
  • Prompts for security access.
  • Simplifying the security prompts.
  • Short URL that's easier to use.
  • WebUI remote connection.
It's great for nearly all troubleshooting aspects because it has the function to get past UAC on a Windows machine. Normally on screen-sharing applications, you'll get stopped by the UAC prompt (since the end user may not know what to do and it might confuse them or they get nervous). But using the application is fairly simple after you've used it a few times.
July 09, 2019

Great remote management without the hurdles other products present

As far as I am aware, we use LogMeIn for most of our IT Operations. We use it primarily to support end users that are remote. This includes any type of troubleshooting we may need to perform from email issues, application support and troubleshooting, OS updgrades, software installation, file shares and web application support. This is our primary tool for anything we may not be able to do in person. I would say I use this product at least a couple times a day.
  • Easy to use with our end users. Setting up the connection is relatively simple for the most part.
  • Doesnt seem to be a whole lot of lag, except when connecting to users that are on a VPN. (Expected behavior)
  • The file transfer tool is really easy to use and its only failed a couple of times.
  • Seems some functionality is removed from the OS when connecting. We sometimes have troubles performing software installations
  • The connection will sometimes drop mid session and we have to create a new one and reconnect
  • Adding other technicians mid session doesnt always work and sometimes causes the connection to fail
For the most part LogMeIn works as it should for basic troubleshooting. With application support, it gets a bit more tricky. Sometimes functionality is lost when trying to do things that are more involved such as registry changes or application install. I'm sure these things are to be expected with tools like this and doesn't necessarily make it a bad product.
June 19, 2019

Good product with potential to be great!!

Our company has recently switched to using LogMeIn Rescue to provide support to our customer base with their technical issues. The entire Technical and application support personnel are using it. The major advantage of LogMeIn is that it provides multi monitor support as well as reconnection after a remote reboot without going through the authorization procedure done in the beginning. The customers being served are also satisfied knowing that they give the authority to access their system to only known people by acknowledging it at each instance.
  • The customer at the other end is in control of giving access to their system. It is not a free anytime access to their system even if you have connected before.
  • The technician, after getting access, can switch between monitors on the remote system to access windows popping in different monitors.
  • You can perform a remote reboot and still connect without the customer intervention once the authorization has been given. This is helpful when you are doing a remote software installation that requires multiple system reboot.
  • You can get the remote system configuration information without invoking the command window on their side.
  • The most important feature that is missing is its ability to schedule a meeting ahead of time and integrating it with the office mail systems.
  • Their is no integration of voice so you have to resort to other calling app or phone to have a verbal interaction with the client.
  • In some cases it would be nice to set up a secured unattended remote access feature. This is particularly useful in big organizations where the remote systems are not always accessible quickly by the clients. So, if a mutually agreed secure link will help.
Situations where you need to reconnect with the remote system after a remote reboot, LogMeIn Rescue is very helpful. It helps both the parties by not tying up another computer through which you will have to otherwise do the remote control. LogMeIn Rescue becomes inconvenient when it cannot be scheduled for a future meeting and send reminders to both parties. Currently, we have to resort to other reminder systems or call to connect.
August 20, 2019

LogMeIn Rescue: does one thing and does it really well.

We use LogMeIn Rescue (LMI) to provide remote support to customers. The customer would call in and, if required, the Service Desk Analyst would use LogMeIn to remotely take control of the customer's computer and troubleshoot remotely. This means that most of the issues could be resolved quickly and remotely, before a technician could even physically get to the customer.
LogMeIn is in a pretty crowded space, as there are many tools out there that do similar things. However, I consider LogMeIn to be a full feature remote support tool because it has a lot of strong features, such as:
  • Granular backend administration console.
  • Transfer session between technicians.
  • Share session between technicians.
  • Restart and resume control without any further customer intervention.
  • Control of mobile devices.
  • It's easy to guide the customer to set up the initial connection.
  • Transfer/share control between technicians.
  • It's a very good built-in tool to administer account permission and license.
  • It's trouble-free, and works as it is supposed to. We never spent any effort to troubleshoot or fix anything. The tool is pretty much set and forget.
  • Strong administration features: Email alerting for when you are running out of concurrent license. Useful reporting usage statistics.
  • The tool works so well so it is very hard to identify an area that could improve significantly.
  • One area could be how licensing is counted. Maybe count license usage based on the number of concurrent remote control session instead of the number of technicians currently logged in. This might not seem like a big deal, but if you have a lot of technicians, they could all sign in and hold up licenses without actually using any remote control sessions.
LogMeIn Rescue is a great tool for providing remote support on any major platform: windows, mac, android, etc... It is not meant to do anything else as far as I am aware, so it is not fair to consider other scenarios. Bottom line: it is a tool for remote support and it is great at it.

Screen sharing (72)
9.6
File transfer (67)
Instant message (68)
Secure remote access with Smart Card authentication (19)
Access to sleeping/powered-off computers (30)
Over-the-Internet remote session (72)
Initiate remote control from mobile (33)
Remote management of servers & workstations (53)
Remote Active Directory® management (25)
Centralized management dashboard (37)
Session record (50)
Annotations (35)
Monitoring and Alerts (30)
Multi-platform remote control (47)

About LogMeIn Rescue

LogMeIn Rescue from the company LogMeIn in Boston, MA is remote administration software for IT management and support.