LogMeIn Rescue from the company LogMeIn in Boston, MA is remote administration software for IT management and support.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/i0/zi/4BZ9VSZ1DI3O.JPEGAwesome product for accessing remote clientsLogMeIn is currently used by my department to log into our customers' environments. We use this for troubleshooting software problems, transferring files, or installing software. Some of our employees use it in an unattended mode which allows them to access the client's servers when they need to for the duration of a project.,There is virtually no lag when using LogMeIn on a client's workstation. The "start as a service" feature is very helpful for using it while UAC is enabled. It typically requires fewer permissions to run on client workstations than other software.,Error logging can always be improved, like when a customer cannot connect to a session. In additional to error logging, many of my emails to the support address have not received a response.,10,I'm not entirely sure about this but I believe it has been positive because we are able to provide better customer service, which makes happy customers.,TeamViewer,GoToMeetingLogMeIn helps me put my superhero cape on each day.LogMeIn Rescue is being used mostly by two sub-departments under our Information Technology department. The two departments are Desktop Support and Network Engineering. I believe there are a few accounts across other departments, however, these are the two major users. LogMeIn helps us support our users on various issues remotely. This is a great benefit considering that we have campuses spread across the NYC tri-state area. We would not have the manpower to send a desktop tech or a network engineer personally to remedy all the tickets we resolve using LogMeIn.,Log me in is a known and trusted platform. I rarely get any pushback when I ask a client/employee if they would like to start a screen sharing session. One major benefit, is that Logmein allows me to "cut through the fog" quickly in asking the user what the problem is. I can start a remote support session with them and "SEE" what they are experiencing. Logmein makes it extremely easy to start a remote session. The user only needs to go to an easily remembered website URL and enter the pin code that I generate and give them.,LogMeIn works just as I need it. Maybe if there was a way to link our knowledge base to the software, this may be beneficial.,10,I do not have any hard numbers to quote on LogMeIn's ROI, however, I can say that it saves us considerable time resolving issues with clients on and off campus. One of our offices is located in our main building on the 12th floor. To physically travel to a user in the building right next door would take about 5 minutes. We regularly have problem tickets from next door, about 4 per day. In one week's time, this would add up to 120 minutes saved in handling tickets just from our nearest campus.,TeamViewer and ConnectWise Control (formerly ScreenConnect),SolarWinds Log & Event Manager, IBM Netcool Network Management, Aruba ClearPassLogMeIn Rescue: The Best Remote Support Experience You Can Offer Your End-UsersMy Company utilizes LogMeIn Rescue as its primary remote support application. It is used by our front-line software support staff--as well as our developers, testers, trainers, and other roles. The application enables us to provide the best possible level of service to our clients by quickly and easily allowing our technicians to connect to the remote user. Once connected, the support person can see exactly what the remote user is seeing in real-time. Then, the technician can share or transfer the session with/to an escalation point if further assistance or analysis is needed. This high level of collaboration and interactivity helps us address the end user's question or issue as quickly as possible. This makes the user very happy because their request was addressed with minimal downtime or interruption.,Getting an End-User Connected is Extremely Easy: LogMeIn Rescue is, by far, the easiest remote support solution for an end-user...especially if the user is non-technical. The end-user is usually amazed at the ease of connection, and this helps take the anxiety out of the process for them. Their first experience is so favorable that the end-user is usually ready for us to connect on any subsequent calls. It is not uncommon for a user to ask us if we have "a 6-digit code" for them before we've even asked them to connect. Session Connectivity Behavior is Completely Real-Time: I've used other remote support tools and, compared to them, LogMeIn Rescue has the absolute best behavior for the duration of the remote session. With other "solutions", you often see a delay in the action and the screen must "catch-up" to the point where both the technician and the end-user see the same thing. With Rescue, the interaction is completely real-time and both parties see the exact same thing as it is occurring. Additional Tools Provided are Amazing: Compared to any other remote support application, LogMeIn Rescue has the most comprehensive set of standard tools available. You can transfer files, execute scripts, view remote system details, and more right from the Rescue console. Everything is right at your fingertips, and the user interface is very well designed. This makes the ease-of-use extremely high, and there is virtually no ramp-up period needed to use the software at a high-level capacity.,10,Support technicians/other technical staff have a higher level of job satisfaction because they have the best, and most reliable, remote support tool available. Client users are more satisfied because support/other technical staff can address their questions or issues quickly, and with complete transparency. Client organizations (as a whole) can accomplish more (and more quickly) since we can provide their users with the best service possible.,LogMeIn makes technical support a lot easier.The support technicians in my company all use LogMeIn Rescue and it's great. It allows us to assume just as much control as is needed, and everything can be rejected at any time by the user. This is important because we routinely have to log into people's servers, and having the peace of mind that they are in control in many cases is what allows us to convince them to let us in. LogMeIn Rescue is an invaluable tool and I would not want to do my job without it.,LogMeIn Rescue is friendly to the customer because of the six-digit codes. Other offerings have nine digit codes which the customers generally have trouble remembering long enough to enter them. It makes connecting less difficult. The fact that LogMeIn Rescue can remember login credentials without having to ask for their password is invaluable. Once again this goes towards peace of mind, not only for the customer but for us. If a customer's machine falls victim to hacking or spyware, it is good for us to be able to say that we do not know their passwords and thus weren't responsible. The interface is simple and very easy to master. I came into this job from another similar position that used Webex. I still have nightmares about it. Learning LogMeIn was painless and very much more stable and useful.,Throughput could be improved. The biggest problem I have is when the connection slows to a crawl and I have to walk the customer through a complicated procedure because I cannot see their screen. Security management: There are times when UAC or smart screen interferes, and that's to be expected, but even if we're not allowed to click on things we still need to be able to see what they're seeing. Too many times I've had users have to read out huge errors that make no sense to me so I can send them to our dev. The clipboard sharing is unreliable and definitely doesn't work well when you're in a customer's machine that is remoted into another.,9,When customers find out we're willing to do the installation for them via LogMeIn, they are more likely to buy.,Cisco WebEx Room Series (formerly Cisco Spark Room Series),Microsoft Office 365, Apache OpenOffice, GoldMineLogMeIn Rescue is a must have tool for any organization with remote users.Our IT Support Staff utilize LogMeIn Rescue to provide remote support to all of the remote users in our organization. Accessing the remote user's PC to resolve a support request is the most effective way of providing assistance. The end user has a much better experience, and our support staff has an easier time being able to control the remote PC, rather than trying to talk someone through the steps required to resolve their issue.,Being able to run the session as a service allows the remote administrator to perform privileged tasks without being blocked. The ability to automatically reconnect after a required reboot saves time. The performance of the remote control session is fantastic. Even with a modest network connection, there is no lag.,It is sometimes difficult to walk the end user through all of the "accept" and "allow" prompts. If the admin knew exactly the prompt they were going to see, it would make it easier to explain.,10,LogMeIn Rescue allows us to effectively support 150 remote users per Tier 1 Helpdesk resource.,Lansweeper
LogMeIn Rescue

LogMeIn Rescue Reviews

LogMeIn Rescue
Top Rated Award
Filter 144 vetted LogMeIn Rescue reviews and ratings

Amber Lesperance profile photo
December 20, 2018

LogMeIn Rescue Review: "Awesome product for accessing remote clients"

• There is virtually no lag when using LogMeIn on a client's workstation.
  • The "start as a service" feature is very helpful for using it while UAC is enabled.
  • It typically requires fewer permissions to run on client workstations than other software.
  • Error logging can always be improved, like when a customer cannot connect to a session.
  • In additional to error logging, many of my emails to the support address have not received a response.
I use LogMeIn whenever I can for troubleshooting. If I need to control a computer, it is fantastic for that purpose. It is quick and easy to use. However, if I need to present something, it is not the best. I can share my screen, but if I need demo something, I would use another software for that purpose.
Read Amber Lesperance's full review
Lionel Medina profile photo
January 18, 2019

LogMeIn Rescue Review: "LogMeIn helps me put my superhero cape on each day."

• Log me in is a known and trusted platform. I rarely get any pushback when I ask a client/employee if they would like to start a screen sharing session.
  • One major benefit, is that Logmein allows me to "cut through the fog" quickly in asking the user what the problem is. I can start a remote support session with them and "SEE" what they are experiencing.
  • Logmein makes it extremely easy to start a remote session. The user only needs to go to an easily remembered website URL and enter the pin code that I generate and give them.
  • LogMeIn works just as I need it. Maybe if there was a way to link our knowledge base to the software, this may be beneficial.
For me, LogMeIn is best when you have a user who is unsure of the IT terminology and you cannot explain over the phone what their issue is. You can remote into their computer and ask them to show you what they are having problems with. This scenario has played out week after week, and although 90% of the issues were related to user error, LogMeIn has been very helpful in identifying that and resolving it quickly.
Read Lionel Medina's full review
Patrick Kielion profile photo
January 18, 2019

Review: "LogMeIn Rescue: The Best Remote Support Experience You Can Offer Your End-Users"

• Getting an End-User Connected is Extremely Easy: LogMeIn Rescue is, by far, the easiest remote support solution for an end-user...especially if the user is non-technical. The end-user is usually amazed at the ease of connection, and this helps take the anxiety out of the process for them. Their first experience is so favorable that the end-user is usually ready for us to connect on any subsequent calls. It is not uncommon for a user to ask us if we have "a 6-digit code" for them before we've even asked them to connect.
  • Session Connectivity Behavior is Completely Real-Time: I've used other remote support tools and, compared to them, LogMeIn Rescue has the absolute best behavior for the duration of the remote session. With other "solutions", you often see a delay in the action and the screen must "catch-up" to the point where both the technician and the end-user see the same thing. With Rescue, the interaction is completely real-time and both parties see the exact same thing as it is occurring.
  • Additional Tools Provided are Amazing: Compared to any other remote support application, LogMeIn Rescue has the most comprehensive set of standard tools available. You can transfer files, execute scripts, view remote system details, and more right from the Rescue console. Everything is right at your fingertips, and the user interface is very well designed. This makes the ease-of-use extremely high, and there is virtually no ramp-up period needed to use the software at a high-level capacity.
LogMeIn Rescue is the perfect remote support solution, regardless of the level of technician using it. Whether the person is new, or a seasoned support professional, Rescue is completely easy to begin using immediately. New users will appreciate the ease-of-use, and the fact that there is virtually no training required for the application. Intermediate to advanced users will appreciate the ability to share or transfer the session, as well as the additional built-in tools that help them complete their tasks. Above all, the end-user will value how easy it is to connect and it requires absolutely no technical knowledge to do so. LogMeIn Rescue is one of those rare solutions that is a "win" for everyone involved--every time.
Read Patrick Kielion's full review
Daniel Lampkin profile photo
January 18, 2019

LogMeIn Rescue Review: "LogMeIn makes technical support a lot easier."

• LogMeIn Rescue is friendly to the customer because of the six-digit codes. Other offerings have nine digit codes which the customers generally have trouble remembering long enough to enter them. It makes connecting less difficult.
  • The fact that LogMeIn Rescue can remember login credentials without having to ask for their password is invaluable. Once again this goes towards peace of mind, not only for the customer but for us. If a customer's machine falls victim to hacking or spyware, it is good for us to be able to say that we do not know their passwords and thus weren't responsible.
  • The interface is simple and very easy to master. I came into this job from another similar position that used Webex. I still have nightmares about it. Learning LogMeIn was painless and very much more stable and useful.
  • Throughput could be improved. The biggest problem I have is when the connection slows to a crawl and I have to walk the customer through a complicated procedure because I cannot see their screen.
  • Security management: There are times when UAC or smart screen interferes, and that's to be expected, but even if we're not allowed to click on things we still need to be able to see what they're seeing. Too many times I've had users have to read out huge errors that make no sense to me so I can send them to our dev.
  • The clipboard sharing is unreliable and definitely doesn't work well when you're in a customer's machine that is remoted into another.
It is good for software installations, SQL database troubleshooting, SQL configuration, testing new configurations for customers, etc. LogMeIn is really useful and very user friendly for anyone regardless of experience with computers.
Read Daniel Lampkin's full review
Robert Yacullo profile photo
December 21, 2018

Review: "LogMeIn Rescue is a must have tool for any organization with remote users."

• Being able to run the session as a service allows the remote administrator to perform privileged tasks without being blocked.
  • The ability to automatically reconnect after a required reboot saves time.
  • The performance of the remote control session is fantastic. Even with a modest network connection, there is no lag.
  • It is sometimes difficult to walk the end user through all of the "accept" and "allow" prompts. If the admin knew exactly the prompt they were going to see, it would make it easier to explain.
LogMeIn Rescue is extremely well suited for any organization that has remote users. There is no better method of supporting users than a remote control session, and in my opinion, LogMeIn Rescue is the best there is. There are other products available that claim to provide the same functionality, however, none are as refined as LogMeIn Rescue.
Read Robert Yacullo's full review
Jon Fortner profile photo
December 21, 2018

LogMeIn Rescue Review: "LogMeIn is just short of an all-in-one tool for support"

We use it in both our help desk and professional services department to access customer systems remotely. It allows us to gain access quickly without needing a VPN setup or some other obtrusive mechanism. File transfers are made easier, as well. It has replaced GoToMeeting for those activities in which a conference call is not needed.
  • Easily sets up remote access with very little knowledge needed by the customer.
  • Being able to have a centralized location for all connections is a huge win as well. Allows me to better organize my customers.
  • The built-in file transfer is a big help. Too often I run into issues where a customer cannot send me a file due to email restrictions, and their own issue connecting to FTP sites.
  • I would love for it to have VOIP capabilities. That is the one place GoToMeeting holds an edge for support capabilities.
It's great if you need to work on a remote system without much fuss, and has really nice tools for handling file transfers and system reboots without needing the customer there to assist. For sessions where I need the customer present, however, it is still lacking in the VOIP department. Also if more than one tech needs to get involved, it does not handle that very well, either.
Read Jon Fortner's full review
Timothy Campus profile photo
December 20, 2018

LogMeIn Rescue Review: "LogMeIn, A Great Tool for Your Company!"

We use LogMeIn Rescue in order to support our many clients with various hardware and software issues. So far our hardware support department using LogMeIn Rescue. It's a great versatile tool that I proudly support. It addresses the issue of not having a technician onsite for every location that we support, which is over 2000 offices and growing daily. I would highly recommend this application to anyone!
  • File Transfer
  • Process and system information at a glance
  • Multiple ways to connect
  • Ease of use for the client
  • Time it takes to connect for the client.
LogMeIn Rescue is great for remotely supporting clients for many needs. However I believe it's greatly suited for remotely controlling a client's computer. The file transfer function is very easy to use and it well suited for pushing files that are needed for updates, malware/virus scans, etc. Overall, LogMeIn is well suited for a multitude of scenarios.
Read Timothy Campus's full review
Ashley Babiarz profile photo
December 20, 2018

LogMeIn Rescue Review: "LogMeIn Helps Businesses Help Clients"

Our department uses LogMeIn to assist our clients with computer issues. LogMeIn allows us to help walk users through solutions or complete more intricate troubleshooting. LogMeIn saves us time and helps us get our clients back to work in an efficient manner.
  • Ease of use
  • Ability to elevate agent rights
  • Ability to control screen remotely
  • Having the ability to send a user a link for connection would be nice.
  • Have a warning system when another agent is about to kick your session.
LogMeIn is great for assisting users who are not particularly tech savvy or have a complicated issue.
LogMeIn does not work as well for trying to assist users when troubleshooting domain connection issues.
Read Ashley Babiarz's full review
Rob Rotundo profile photo
December 11, 2018

LogMeIn Rescue Review: "LogMeIn: better than most"

We used LogMeIn Rescue to help connect to our clients when they have issues. Our help desk department uses it mostly, more than anyone else in the organization. The best problem this resolves is getting to our clients quickly. Back in the day, we had to roll a tech out to a client to resolve their issues. Now, assuming the end user has internet, we can connect to their machines in seconds.
  • Fast connection to clients
  • Good file transfer
  • Fairly good cost
  • Easier connections
  • Cheaper price
LogMeIn Rescue is well suited for a company looking to quickly be able to connect to the devices and users they support without having to roll a tech out for each issue reported by a client. It helps overall cost as we don't have to pay techs mileage and it saves a lot of time.
Read Rob Rotundo's full review
Swagata Bhattacharyya profile photo
November 30, 2018

LogMeIn Rescue Review: "Work from home made possible"

We use LogMeIn Rescue for one of our clients. The client's servers and database are not accessible outside their network, so we use LogMeIn Rescue to log into their network to access their systems to work on. It is being used across their organization when users work outside the office. It solves the problem of providing accessibility outside the office but at the same time keeping the systems secure by not allowing direct access outside the network.
  • LogMeIn Rescue helps connecting to a remote desktop.
  • It allows file transfer from an external machine to a machine in the secured network
  • Using LogMeIn Rescue the command prompt of the remote system can be accessed
  • I have been using LogMeIn Rescue for the past 2 years and am happy with it. The only scope of improvement I can think of is the speed of connection. I have noticed Windows Remote Desktop connects to the system faster than LogMeIn Rescue.
LogMeIn Rescue is well suited for easy access into a secure network when the user is in a remote location. e.g. if an employee is working from home, they can still access their office computer or servers.
Read Swagata Bhattacharyya's full review
Daniel Cauley profile photo
January 05, 2019

LogMeIn Rescue Review: "Great Enterprise Solution"

It was a fast, well-designed option for us; until we switched to ConnectWise and used their full RMM, but while we had it we used it to service clients on a remote basis if they called in with issues needing help.
  • Fast
  • Easy to connect
  • Low visable compression
  • Price
  • User limits
  • Simulations connections for price.
Larger companies looking to service software they are selling.
Read Daniel Cauley's full review
Mark Yanney profile photo
December 20, 2018

LogMeIn Rescue Review: "LogMeIn - Solid Product but Costly"

LogMeIn Rescue is being used for our department to provide remote support to our customers.
It addresses the following matters:
1) Secure remote control software.
2) Easy to use from a technician perspective.
3) Provides mechanism to re-connect if necessary.
4) File transfer.
  • Fast and Easy File Transfer.
  • Resolution / Display is great (allows dual monitor).
  • Allows user to adjust settings for optimal remote control experience.
  • The end-user experience for downloading and installing LogMeIn Rescue can be improved to provide better instructions.
  • The portal to making changes for technicians is outdated.
  • Reporting for a technician can be improved to provide better and intuitive information by default.
  • Integration with Salesforce can be added.
  • Backend portal/reporting leaves a bit to be desired. Would be nice to get automated emails every week to see how many sessions have been created per week per user and overall.
LogMeIn is great. It provides a great overall experience. However, it is a bit pricey and has not had major updates in a long time.
Read Mark Yanney's full review
Kathy Diclemente profile photo
December 14, 2018

LogMeIn Rescue Review: "ReadMe123"

During our day to day operations with end users and clients it is a simple way to gain access to troubleshooting system issues. Any user can be helped instantly instead of setting up a WebEx.
  • Easy to access.
  • Simple to use no installation or downloading required.
  • Saves time and money.
  • Functionality is adequate
  • Be able to take screenshots would be nice
  • Security issues
Great for helping with simple issues for end users and installing various software.
Read Kathy Diclemente's full review
Miguel Nuñez profile photo
October 15, 2018

LogMeIn Rescue Review: "Not a bad Choice, this tool will get you out of trouble fast!"

Last Time I used LogMeIn it was a very helpful tool, it indeed helped me to connect and remotely support many computerd inside an organization. It gave me accurate reports of my PCs health and status.

I used to work with LogMeIn everyday to provide support to my external clients, it was quick and easy to use.
  • Conectivity over internet.
  • Status of computers and alerts.
  • Dashboard to quickly find an asset.
  • If you do not have internet you are doomed.
  • A bad connection can be a pain to work with.
  • Sometimes needs a restart to start working.
LogMeIn is well-suited to reach computers outside your network, and provide support to computers that are in home offices, or people traveling that need quick support to their computers.

Also if you are a support company with no way to conecto your clients this migth be the conectivity tool for you.
Read Miguel Nuñez's full review
January 16, 2019

LogMeIn Rescue Review: "The best remote access tool for supporting users."

We have been using LogMeIn to provide remote support to our customers for a while now. In some scenarios our support team needs to be able to connect, control and see what is going on at the customer's end. And we use LogMeIn in to accomplish that. Currently my entire team uses this for remote support. The biggest benefit we get from it is that it saves us a lot of time that would otherwise be spent on a phone with a client. Now we can just take the remote control, work on the problem and call the clients back when things are up and running again. It has also led to our customers being happier since they are spending less time on the phone and troubleshooting with us.
  • It is very easy to connect to a remote computer using this even if the user at the other end is not tech savvy.
  • It is reliable. We can't think of too many outages or instances over the last two years where we couldn't use it for an extended period of time. Very little downtime.
  • It works across PCs and Macs.
  • Automatic re-connecting options are excellent. You can reconnect from Safe mode, after a reboot and even after the loss of internet connection.
  • Built-in chat tool is excellent.
  • It is more expensive than some of the other options.
  • Sometimes has issues with admin privileges in Windows PCs.
It is perfect if you need to provide remote support to your users. As long as they have an internet connection. If you support users with internet connectivity issues or limited internet connectivity, this might not be the tool for you.
January 18, 2019

Review: "LogMeIn Rescue is easy to use and lightweight."

It's easy to use across all platforms. It's easy to use the tools to share files and remote into any devices. I love unattended mode, where you can remote in later if needed. I also like that I can share my remote session with another person who is on LogMeIn so we can troubleshoot together. All in all, a great tool for our company.
  • Sharing remote sessions with someone else.
  • Very easy to use.
  • Works across many platforms.
  • Sometimes the session hangs.
  • UAC issues
Well suited for remote sessions to resolve issues. Not suited for sharing screen for conference.
January 05, 2019

LogMeIn Rescue Review: "Great application"

We use LogMeIn to remote into end-user systems and resolve printing issues. I use it daily and use its unattended access feature to access my PC in my office. It is a very useful tool.
  • Unattended access is a great tool, I can remote into my system from anywhere.
  • Can assist end-users without actually being on site in urgent situations.
  • Can always be available with this tool.
  • Logs me out a bunch of times intermittently in sessions.
  • Needs more instructions for the end-user when downloading the rescue app.
This is well suited for the IT industry as I can remotely resolve users' issues within a timely manner as well as have colleagues join my session to assist if needed.
January 05, 2019

LogMeIn Rescue Review: "LogMeIn is a great tool for any IT professional"

Out IT department uses LogMeIn. Our company has 7000 end users most of which are remote users. We use it many times a day assisting people working across the U.S. in many different environments. I have used several remote tools, but LogMeIn is the one I prefer.
  • The ability to work on a machine remotely and be able to restart the computer and reconnect without having to go through the connection process again.
  • The ability to copy files to or from a computer.
  • Being able to watch the end user and evaluate if something they are doing or are not doing could be causing the issue.
  • I would like the ability to be able to lock the end user's keyboard while on the computer. Many times they hit keys or move their mouse which can delay my being able to give the best support possible.
It is very easy to use not just for the technician but for the end user too.
December 11, 2018

User Review: "Why we love LogMeIn Rescue"

LogMeIn Rescue makes it simple to support end users, remotely access resources, and keep tabs on everything in between. We really enjoy the product, as it's made our support interactions with customers much more efficient, both for the techs and the customer. Gaining access is simple for both parties involved.
  • Logmein Recuse makes setting up a support session as simple as hitting that download button.
  • The support tools offered are unmatched. With the ability to gain and maintain remote access we're able to resolve 90% of trouble calls in less than half an hour.
  • The price point is on par with other products with similar features, but their support is amazing.
  • The user interface could use a little improvement. While it's only gotten better over the years, sometimes that one feature you want is just buried.
  • User management is another area for improvement. I'd like to see more granularity on setting tech permissions.
  • The price tag, while comparable to other products, being a consumer I'd like to see this product cost a little bit less.
LogMeIn Rescue us great for gaining and maintaining remote access to end user workstations for tech support. While we've used it to maintain access to servers, there are certainly better products to accomplish this. Another one offered specifically by LogMeIn is Central and it's a great product as well.
January 19, 2019

User Review: "LogMeIn Rescue could be better"

LogMeIn Rescue is being used by the IT department to connect to the organization's employees in order to help solve computer related problems remotely. The organization has many employees who are located off-site or who travel. LogMeIn Rescue enables the IT department to connect to these employees and assist them with computer problems.
  • Helps us connect to users
  • Appears to have no delay
  • Some users have issues with approving the app on their computers.
  • Mac computers need special permissions before being able to use it.
LogMeIn is good when you have a lot of employees who travel or work off-site. LogMeIn is not good when the user you are assisting is sitting right next to you.
December 07, 2018

Review: "LogMeIn Rescue is great for user initiated remote access and support"

We use LogMeIn Rescue in several different client settings for remote access when onsite visits are distance prohibitive.
  • Remote access
  • User initiated
  • Troubleshooting
  • Computer status
  • Cost
  • Printing support
It is well suited for user initiated remote support but isn't suited for 24/7 remote access.
Greg Larsen profile photo
June 11, 2018

LogMeIn Rescue Review: "One of the easiest to use Software products in the Industry"

We used LogMeIn across our entire company for web conferencing meetings and conference calls with clients. It was extremely useful as a quick way to connect with our clients without them having to download any software. Ease of use for our clients and for our employees is a top priority for our company.
  • Easy to use. No time wasted training employees or coaching customers through logging in
  • No software downloads required. No confusion for the customer or employees.
  • Great user interface. Nothing is hidden, there are buttons and icons for everything that you would need to do while on the call.
  • Call quality is sometimes an issue when using VOIP
  • Premium country numbers tend to be a little more expensive than on the open market
  • The Customer service was a little slow to respond when there were issues with the call quality
LogMeIn is suited for a growing company that needs screenshare software in order to demo their products to potential clients. It is also well suited for a company that is going to use its other products in conjunction with the screenshare software as a bundled package. Having the ability to sync with Active Directory and take advantage of their Last Pass product as well, helped our team streamline all of our software credentials into one system.
Read Greg Larsen's full review
Aaron West, CTS profile photo
November 16, 2017

Review: "LogMeIn Rescue - great for rescuing customers in a pinch."

LogMeIn Rescue is a great tool that our organization uses to support our various customers all over the world. It allows us to remotely access their computer and provide them with A+ support by showing them and walking them through issues, training, and more. In addition, because our software requires multiple screens, LMI Rescue gives us the ability to see all of their screens (individually or all at the same time). Finally, LMI Rescue gives us the ability to gather information about the user's computer as well as setup times to access it when no one is available to allow us in. It works great.
  • Sharing sessions between team members.
  • Allowing direct URL links to be pre-programmed for common issues that you can just send the user to on their browser.
  • Supporting multiple screen outputs for troubleshooting issues.
  • LMI's customer support is not as good as some other companies.
  • The price is one of the highest in the industry for the features.
  • The end-users process of connecting takes multiple steps and dialog windows which can delay getting connected or frustrate the end-user.
LMI is great for almost all scenarios. It is a useful tool for helping customers or even accessing your own computers remotely. The multi-screen support is one of the biggest things for us and it can provide us great information and feedback as we are working with the user. However, if you have a less-than-technical user, getting connected can sometimes be a chore (share the number, download the file, run the file, click on multiple prompts, click again, now I can control your computer).
Read Aaron West, CTS's full review
Sam Bryant profile photo
November 14, 2017

User Review: "LogMeIn Rescues Off Site Users"

This is used by our information technology department, specifically our help desk. We use it to connect to users outside of the building to help better solve their issues by being able to view their computer as well as send them files and view resources from within the application. We also use it to access computers that are not currently logged in.
  • The option to use unattended access so you don't have to go through the connection process each time.
  • It has a really nice file sharing function that makes sending files easy.
  • The alternate connection methods are helpful (email and link).
  • The UI is outdated.
  • The re-connection after a reboot is a little hit or miss.
  • There is no indication when you're viewing one screen that something you've opened is opening on another monitor you aren't viewing.
This is great for a small number of users, especially users that are frequently off-site. This is great for keeping a group of users that you can connect with without using the connection website each time. The alternate means of connecting like link and email also makes it easier to guide non-savvy users into a session with you.
Read Sam Bryant's full review
November 20, 2017

LogMeIn Rescue Review: "Rescued by LogMeIn"

LogMeIn is used across my whole organization as a response to the challenges involved with memorizing and safe-keeping of multiple passwords. Because we deal with sensitive student data, it is important that our passwords are complicated and secure. Yet, that causes a challenge for teachers who may have a different password for multiple sites. We've recently moved to a Single Sign-On approach through Microsoft, but I still use LogMeIn to store passwords to dozens of websites.
  • I like the fact that the software asks me if I'd like to store a password
  • I like that there is a dropdown menu so that I can select a different password if needed
  • I like that my passwords are secure and encrypted, and I can't even see them
  • I did find it challenging to change passwords if I ignored the software's initial prompt to change. Sometimes I hit "no" too quickly and then could never figure out how to go back and edit a password.
I would recommend this for banking, education, or healthcare where there are lots of sensitive bits of data to protect. I don't see it being necessary for a personal account, because most browsers save passwords, but I certainly don't think it would hurt anyone to have.

Screen sharing (27)
File transfer (28)
Instant message (24)
Secure remote access with Smart Card authentication (8)
6.3
Access to sleeping/powered-off computers (16)
Over-the-Internet remote session (27)
Initiate remote control from mobile (13)
Remote management of servers & workstations (18)
Remote Active Directory® management (12)
Centralized management dashboard (15)
Session record (17)
Annotations (14)
Monitoring and Alerts (12)
Multi-platform remote control (22)

About LogMeIn Rescue