Overall Satisfaction with VMTurbo Operations Manager
We use VMTurbo Operations Manager on two different Horizon View Clusters comprising 34 total ESX Hosts. One of the clusters uses a VMAX storage backend and we bought VMTurbo initially to try and level out the storage contention and stabilize performance. We also have a McAfee security scan that kicks off every Monday afternoon and wreaks havoc on the environment. VMTurbo Operations Manager has helped to aggressively move the VMs from one host to another to balance out the CPU/RAM loads when everything pings 100% during that 3 hour period. Obviously we need to move to hypervisor scanning eventually but VMTurbo Operations Manager is an excellent bandaid in the meantime :) We also use VMTurbo Operations Manager on our new cluster running on Pure Storage all flash and we use it primarily to resize VMs based on usage. We have a variety of different users and some require more CPU/RAM than others. We no longer have to manually resize these VMs. It's entirely automated and makes my job a whole lot easier :)
- Balances the workload across the cluster.
- Resizes VMs according to usage. Users no longer call us to request that we increase RAM from 3-4GB, etc.
- We use the scheduled reporting quite a bit and the number of built-in reporting templates is awesome.
- I would like to see a bit more information around the reasons why VMTurbo Operations Manager chooses to move a VM from one host to another or one storage LUN to another (especially when it's all FLASH and nowhere near capacity).
- It has essentially replaced the need for 2-3 people on an operations team trying to resize VMs as users complain of performance.