Overall Satisfaction with WatchGuard Network Security
We currently use WatchGuard at all four of our sites. We use the BOVPN to create a network for all the sites to use and share data encrypted and safe across the sites. We also utilise the Basic security sweet and its webblocker abilities to keep our employees safe online. We also utilise WatchGuard AuthPoint to provide secure working from home with Covid19.
- Comes with a variety of Security packages to suit business needs.
- Built in SD-WAN can be utilised.
- Provides outstanding network security from the www.
- Web blocker and the SSL striping could be a lot simpler to roll out.
- The single pain of glass management could be made simpler.
- Ability to deploy VPN clients automatically as an msi.
- Easier to roll out that MPLS network with SD WAN and BOVPN.
- Cost effective for our size of business with competitors a few grand higher.
- Having them through out the group means that we can go to any site and understand the configs and the functions.
We worked with Galtec Solutions as our partner, they helped us spec the right Firebox for all our separate sites and then help us pick the right license to put on them to allow them to preform the best for what we need them for. They also helped us configure the more advance features to help us protect our network.
You can have a working firewall with 20 mins of opening the box, you can set up more advance policies later on but you can get secure internet access quite quickly. The FireCluster is also simple to set up, a single patch cable and a quick step by step wizard and you are up and running.
We always have 2 appliances at each site and they are packaged extremely well with out any waste materials. The look of the packaging is simple but effective. We also have higher license that what it comes with off the shelf and we have never had any issues when setting up the serial number and feature key are easy to get hold of from the online service WatchGuard provides.
We tried alternative products towards our upcoming renewal, we tried the Sophos alternative, although Sophos are a market leader as a team we preferred the WatchGuards, it might be because we have all used them for a long time. We felt that they were easier to use and navigate through the setup. We have also recently moved from Sophos AV to move to WatchGuard AV (Panda).
An absolutely amazing product that looks good in the rack. The use of the WatchGuard is simple and can be done two ways, one for more advance users and one for more "fresh" users. I would recommend having a FireCluster set up at each site which is amazing, as upgrading the Firmware is a lot simpler and quicker to do.