Overall Satisfaction with WebEx Meetings
WebEx is the deployed global standard for the enterprise. It is a strategic tool for event services, in-house collaboration and client facing communications.
- Global reliability, even in challenging countries
- VOIP access for audio
- Well known interface makes for easy call setup
- Licensing, while better, is a little difficult to navigate
- It is a more expensive solution than other competitive products
- Increase reliability of web conferencing service, especially in those areas of the world where high quality network access is harder to expect.
- The active host model, while more flexible than the named host in our case, still has the possibility of causing an unplanned for cost at the end of term.
All of these offered some pros and cons when compared to each other, as one might expect. For me, WebEx made sense in these key areas:
- The back end infrastructure is more readily suited to supporting user populations in APAC.
- The license model, while more restrictive in some ways, allowed me to present a fixed cost for web conferencing services.
- Globally, many people in and out of our company have already had exposure to the WebEx client experience, so the learning curve is greatly reduced.