Overall Satisfaction with Widen
We use Acquia DAM (Widen) to archive all finished masters of every project we work on. It serves as a catalog library so we can go in and find campaigns by date/client/identification numbers. We also allow other departments to use it to pull masters for presentations as well as their own records. It helps us organize, maintain and share all of our campaigns so we have digital safe keeping as opposed to bins full of hard drives.
- Search functions
- Ability to customize metadata categories
- Ability to download in different formats/smaller size
- The share page appearance isn't the most practical or aesthetically pleasing
- When links are shared, downloaders are only able to download original full-res/not any smaller in the way a Acquia DAM (Widen) user can internally
- More people can directly pull from Acquia DAM (Widen) as opposed to emailing to get access/others to do it for them
- Quicker sharing that speeds projects along
Mainly storage and sharing!
Do you think Acquia DAM (Widen) delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Acquia DAM (Widen)'s feature set?
Did Acquia DAM (Widen) live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Acquia DAM (Widen) go as expected?
Would you buy Acquia DAM (Widen) again?
I would say it's more well suited for sharing full-res files when they are needed to be used by other vendors/clients. Also, when our accounts team needs to put together presentations they can pull directly from the collection without having to store huge files. Overall, the storage, organization, and sharing capabilities of Acquia DAM (Widen) make it extremely helpful.