Workday helps us work smarter.
Updated January 23, 2015
Workday helps us work smarter.
Score 10 out of 10
- Human Capital Management
Overall Satisfaction with Workday
We use Workday across the whole organization, for 3100+ employees in 12 countries, for employee data management, time and absence management, expenses, talent management, data analysis and more. Workday is a unified global solution that provides increased transparency and consistency in HR processes ,and enables our HR team to spend more time focused on higher value-add contributions to the organization. Our managers and leaders can make better business decisions with more information at their fingertips.
- The user experience is very intuitive and is in line with what people want to see and do with an online application these days. We don't have to spend much time on training employees and managers because they can generally figure out how to do what they need to do on their own. The ease of use and look & feel are some of the reasons we chose Workday to begin with, and it's getting better with age.
- Security. It's flexible so you can allow access to what you want and block what you don't. And it's solid. And you don't have to remember who has access to what when building and delivering reports and chance exposing confidential or sensitive information. If they don't have permission to see it, they don't see it.
- Reporting capabilities are amazing. We're several years in and still feel like we're just scratching the surface. Our executives love the dashboard views and have set them as the standard for other internal dashboard-like reporting.
- Time Tracking in countries with complex work-week and shift schedules is a challenge. I expect we'll continue to see improvements with Workday planned global expansion.
- I would love for Workday to provide in-depth training at no cost for system administrators. We are able to manage the system and our needs independently. Depending on the project, it may take us longer and we may not really be optimizing the process or system if we're missing knowledge and experience that would help us do so.
Onboarding allows us to engage our newest employees early to get them in and using Workday from their first day or before. Managing changes to goals throughout the year is easy and pulling them into a review for an evaluation is a snap. Performance reviews are streamlined and relatively easy to complete. We do not use succession planning yet.
Workday is doing a great job of meeting the needs of all different types and sizes of organizations. The most important questions to ask during the selection process are the areas where your organization does something in a very specific way and change is not an option. The answer (with many vendors) will be "yes, we can do that" but will you really be happy with what it looks like? Or do limitations exist that don't in your current process? Whenever we find ourselves bending and breaking things to make our process fit, we re-evaluate what we're trying to do and how we're trying to do it, and usually we're able to approach it differently for the same or better result.
Workday HCM Feature Ratings
All of them, everyone here uses Workday to maintain personal information, for goals and performance reviews, to track time and time off, for expense reimbursements, for reporting...
4 - We have three non-technical HR employees and one business systems analyst administering the system. The learning curve post go-live is steep, but once you understand the structures and security and business processes, it's very easy to manage.
- Process standardization and transparency for HR, process reviewers/approvers, employees and managers
- Push button reporting, standard views of data for apples to apples comparisons across different managers
- Streamlined processes for scalability with rapid global growth and to enable a more strategic HR focus
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Employee data updates
- Navigating and search
- Employee transfers/manager changes
- Approval routing
- Moving future dated time off requests when an employee moves to a new time off plan (new country, for example)
- As an administrator, learning the business objects and data sources to optimize report performance and get the right data in the right place...it's possible, it's just a steep learning curve.