Workday Human Capital Management
Workday is our organization's Human Resources application. We perform all the HR activities such as Personal Information view and update, …
Used for payment type election, request time off to apply PTOs, etc, or even to update goals and employment details or profiles, …
Workday [Human Capital Management] is being used across the entire organization for employees to manage a plethora of internal information …
This platform is used across our organization to manage our resources and assets. It has developed excellent infrastructure that tracks …
Our entire organization uses Workday [Human Capital Management] to manage goal plans and achievement, hour tracking, pay stub information, …
In any organization, a HCM software is required to track and manage its workforce. Unlike other HCM software, Workday is much more capable …
We use Workday in our entire organization, fulfilling, new hires, I-9, managing day to day employee requests including paid time off, …
I currently use Workday for several reasons in my current organization. On a personal level, it is where my personal employment …
We use Workday Human Capital Management across our global organization. It addresses a number of problems including data management, …
Workday [Human Capital Management] is used across our entire organization. It is used for multiple purposes. I specifically use Workday …
We use HCM across our entire organization globally. It provides a user friendly way to access information about employees and the …
Workday Human Capital Management is being used by the entire organization across all departments. It serves as the core HR system for our …
Workday HCM is currently being utilized to streamline and automate current manual processes as well as provide an ability to track our …
We use Workday Human Capital Management to manage our performance reviews, job profiles, career development, org structure, everything HR …
Workday HCM is used across the entire organization and has also been used at one of my previous jobs with another company. This software …
Update personal information (76)
Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc. (73)
Employment history (74)
Job profiles and administration (76)
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Workday HCM, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
70 people want pricing too
Workday Human Capital Management is built as a single system with a single source of data, single security model, and single user experience. Workday offers organizations a cloud-based system that evolves to meet changing business needs today and into the future. The user-friendly, global system also ensures that customers are always on the latest version with up-to-date capabilities, whether they’re using Workday on a browser or mobile device. Workday HCM is part of a single system with other Workday products including Workday Financial Management, Workday Payroll (for the U.S., Canada, France, and the UK), Workday Recruiting, Workday Learning, Workday Planning, and more.
Key product areas:
Key product areas:
- Human Resource Management
- Organization Management
- Business Process Management
- Reporting and Analytics
- Employee and Manager Self-Service
- Absence Management
- Benefits Administration
- ACA Management
- Compensation Management
- Performance and Goal Management
- Talent Management
- Survey Framework
- Contingent Labor Management
- Supported: Employee demographic data
- Supported: Employment history
- Supported: Job profiles and administration
- Supported: Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc.
- Supported: Benefits information
- Supported: Organizational charting
- Supported: Organization and location management
- Supported: Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.)
- Supported: Pay calculation
- Supported: Support for external payroll vendors
- Supported: Off-cycle/On-Demand payment
- Supported: Payroll history for each employee
- Supported: Benefit plan administration
- Supported: Direct deposit files
- Supported: Payroll tracking and auditing
- Supported: Salary revision and increment management
- Supported: Reimbursement management
- Supported: Statutory form management
- Supported: Approval workflow
- Supported: Email notifications
- Supported: Balance details
- Supported: Travel absence management
- Supported: Annual carry-forward and encashment
- Supported: Employee login
- Supported: View and generate pay and benefit information
- Supported: Update personal information
- Supported: Request time off
- Supported: View job history
- Supported: View company policy documentation
- Supported: View company news and information
- Supported: Employee recognition
- Supported: Tracking of all physical assets
- Supported: Report builder
- Supported: Pre-built reports
- Supported: Ability to combine HR data with external data
- Supported: Additional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by same vendor
- Supported: Additional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by different vendor
- Supported: Performance plans
- Supported: Performance improvement plans
- Supported: Review status tracking
- Supported: Review reminders
- Supported: Multiple review frequency
- Supported: Create succession plans/pools
- Supported: Candidate ranking
- Supported: Candidate search
- Supported: Candidate development
- Supported: New hire portal
- Supported: Manager tracking tools
- Supported: Corporate goal setting
- Supported: Individual goal setting
- Supported: Line-of sight-visibility
- Supported: Performance tracking
- Supported: Job Requisition Management
- Supported: Company Website Posting
- Supported: Publish to Social Media
- Supported: Job Search Site Posting
- Supported: Duplicate Candidate Prevention
- Supported: Applicant Tracking
- Supported: Notifications and Alerts
- Supported: Reorganization Management
- Supported: Workforce Planning
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android|
Workday Human Capital Management is built as a cloud-based system with global consistency in user experience. Workday HCM is part of a broader system with other Workday products.
Reviewers rate Publish to Social Media highest, with a score of 9.7.
The most common users of Workday HCM are from Enterprises (1,001+ employees) and the Computer Software industry.
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
- Detailed Functionalities for HR Activities
- In-app and email Notifications for activities pending
- SSO logins for employees
- Neat looking UI
- Absence Management is very well defined
- Search option is really difficult for some fields LOVs
- Errors are not very clear sometimes and not easily understood how to resolve the same
- No back button on pages are really a letdown
- Notifications kept showing even after read (for weeks)
- Leave management
- Employee details management
- User interface can be modernized.
- Allows managers and employees to provide feedback to one another
- Workday [Human Capital Management] is a great storage of payroll and paystub information
- [It] allows companies to upload mandatory training modules
- Some of its interface is not very intuitive
- It takes several clicks and digging to get to some basic info
- Its layout is outdated compared to other internal websites
- Management of resources.
- Management of our records database.
- I have not experienced any area where it needs improvement.
- Makes it easy to charge specific work orders when tracking time.
- Accurately creates report for year-end reviews and goal tracking.
- Allows users to comment on ongoing work tasks that can be seen by management.
- Can use software to see how much time is left in vacation or sick banks.
- Allows users to quickly elect benefits for the next calendar year, with controls to prevent inadvertent benefit selection. Summarizes total premium cost.
- Sometimes time charge errors are hard to uncover, particularly when multiple hour submittals have not been saved.
- Adding, editing and deleting performance tasks can be difficult to manage.
- The mobile app can be easier to use than the web browser version.
- Workday is easy-to-use for end-users due to its simple interface.
- Workday can be unlimitely configure by the Workday team in order to meet the critical business needs (e.g. approval flows, business rules, validations, etc.)
- Easily and accurately track and maintain employee data.
- Easily allow the HR team to pull data and information through report writer.
- Workday Studio allows Workday to be integrated with other platforms, leading to automation and time-savings using Workday as the main source of truth.
- Even though Workday is easy-to-use for end-user, negative feedback on Workday generally revolve around the interface that doesn't look modern.
- Even through Workday allows unlimited configuration, learning one Workday module can take up to 2 years. Workday configuration is not as simple as other HCM softwares.
- Even though Workday provides learning course, it is extremely expensive.
- Even though Workday has Workday Support to support errors, issues, and bugs on Workday, Workda Supports tend to be kind of slow when compared to other softwares support.
- Workday is extremely expensive when compared to other HCM softwares.
- Manage Time Off requests.
- Requisitions for new hires.
- Promotions and pay increase.
- The requisition and candidate flow can take a bit to get used to, there are some arrows to go to the next candidate that aren't in the best place for workflow.
- For our hourly employees that work in multi-departments where a rate change is required, there isn't a way to make that change in the inbox module. It would be great if this functionality was added for a more productive flow.
- Instant access to information, such as PTO, performance, role, etc.
- Can access reports filtered for specific data points or fields.
- Easy to use.
- One central database location for all personnel information.
- Secure and limited access is given on a need to know basis.
- Certain information can not be accessed and/or updated by the own individual. For example, for a name change, an individual would need to contact HR directly for updates or changes to information.
- Lack of notification emails when updates are done or if pending items are awaiting responses. The employee needs to log in to find out if anything is pending or not. It would ideal if automatic email notifications go out if anything is still pending updates or changes have been made.
- Effective dating not available for all changes in generates reports. For example, if a change was made to a certain field, the report generated does not display the effective date of the change.
- Customized detailed reporting
- Absence management
- Business processes and transactions
- Accurate and real time data
- Effective dated custom fields
- Importing data
- Streamlined platform that is useful across multiple business units
- User-friendly dashboard
- Excellent integration for financial and human resources-related tasks
- The search tool could always use improvement
- Time off balance can be confusing
- More integrations could be useful
- Groups employees in management hierarchies and creates Org Charts that are easy to navigate and allow for visualizing management chains regardless of employee locations
- Intuitive and easy to use. The Workday search functionality works very much like Google; one can search for anything that they have access to in the database and drill down into the various details. All information is connected through hyperlinks and users can easily keep digging into the details for as far as their security access would take them.
- Tasks such as to do, review or approve items are sent to the user's Workday Inbox, very much resembling email. Notifications about outstanding "to do" items are also sent to each the user's work email address on a daily basis.
- Language translations of custom data fields and business processes across different modules are not available and each client has to maintain these on their own. This can significantly challenge system adoption and utilization, in countries where English is a second language.
- Limited ability to customize system generated error messages (often heavy of technical jargon) leads to inability for the end user to self-service in resolving simple transactional issues and causes a high volume of escalations to the system support team.
- Inability for the system to handle multiple transactions with the same effective date and determine what would be the most up to date information based on the timestamp of each transaction. This creates a constant need for data corrections, cancellations or rescinding of transactions to accommodate entry of additional information effective dated on the same day or users have to future date transactions to avoid conflict.
- Act as Proxy feature is really cool and helps function as an admin effectively
- Benefits module is good
- Overall look and feel is good. Easy to use
- Reporting capability is very limited
- Many Fonts and text editing features are missing while providing feedback
- Reporting. There seems to be a virtually limitless way to report on hundreds of different data points
- Performance Management capabilities have gone from manual pen and paper to online and fully automated with built-in routing and workflows
- Payroll services have been enhanced and pay changes have been streamlined and made more efficient
- Reporting. Can be very messy if the user does not know what they're doing
- Roles in Workday need more configuration capabilities
- HR process workflows
- Mobile app is pretty good
- Less emails, more notifications are good, especially the way it bundles the notifications
- The web interface is awful
- Terrible, terrible, UI. No modern features like auto-save. I can't count the times I have lost work.
- Their UX team (if it even exists) must be aliens, because I can't see how humans would have come up with the UI conventions they have.
- Who creates a website application where you can't open stuff in multiple browser windows and tabs easily?
- Performance Tracking
- Time Off
- User Friendly
- Clean Design
- It's only useful if your manager and other co-workers adopt it too, otherwise, it'll be lacking data/functionality.
- Sometimes some forms or information isn't where you'd think it is, intuitively, so you have to go on a bit of a hunt for it.
- I frequently get errors or have access issues with small things that are frustrating. You might reload the page and it'll work which is a bit annoying.
- Organize People Data
- Scale with the company
- Grow internationally
- Expansive use cases
- It's complex to build, which can lead to downstream complications as you continue to build.
- The performance module was not customizable in a way to perfectly fit our needs.
- Various integrations add increased complexity.
- Flexibility in building Business Processes.
- Highly configurable.
- Always on and available anywhere from cloud.
- More easy, it is almost too good at what it does, that it is sometimes cumbersome to do actions.
- Less downtime, already great, but would be nice to have zero downtime.
- Better implementation of client's brainstorm ideas into the product releases.
- Human Resource Management
- Reporting and Analytics
- Benefits Administration
- Workforce/Labor Management
- Talent Optimization
- Compliance Monitoring
- Employee Interface
- Time and Attendance
- It's really easy to see my pay and how much I have been paid over time and where the different parts of my paycheck are going in regards to taxes, social security, 401k, etc.
- Easy to give feedback to colleagues within the platform.
- The search functionality is pretty bad. I'd love to be able to search for specific documents and have the search functionality bring them up (W2, April 2020 payslips). But it doesn't currently seem to recognize almost any search query
- Its really hard to tell how the categories were created. For example if I want to find my W2 why is it hidden under Pay -> Tax documents but its not hidden under personal information -> worker documents. If your search functionality worked this would be less annoying.
- The way you choose to collapse certain items is odd. Like in "personal information" there are 5 items shown up front and then it says "More (2)." The items are small, there is no reason to cut them off after only 5.
- The UI is clean and easy to navigate.
- It has neat integration features to support L&D and compliance tasks.
- Workday HCM has come a LONG WAY, it used to be terrible!
- There are times when it's not obvious how to perform a task, or to accidentally do the wrong thing (aka, not as intuitive as it could be).
- Time tracking
- More user-friendly for employees
- PTO requests and viewing is very quick and easy.
- Useful to see where people sit in our organization and to find someone's manager if necessary,
- Workday also contains useful contact info like cell phone if you need that in an emergency.
- We use separate systems for pay stubs / benefit allocation as well as managing HR plans. Would be great if Workday could handle all of these things well.
- This may be our setup, but I am unable to pull useful reports which I want to use to analyze headcount & capacity. This may be just how we set up access.
- Massive scale. Uber is huge and being able to access Uber employee information across teams and regions is super helpful.
- Easy-to-use interface. I really like the ability to easily pull user information needed to provide insight into my programming.
- Trusted source. I've never been let down by the partnership and consistency across the board!
- Access to all user information. Sometimes I've found some inconsistencies in reports I've pulled through Workday. This could be bad data or the system, unsure of the origin.
- Ease of use
- Cool user interface
- Customization based on your requirements
- Accessibility from all kinds/types of devices
- Could have more graphical interface in the UI
- Advanced options are hard to navigate
- Could have a tutorial on how to use
- Promotions and increases.
- Tracking of the employee life cycle.
- Tax forms - want to be able to house state tax forms for employees to fill out at the same time as FWT - W4, without having to purchase the payroll module.
- PTO - ability to grant time over 10 months and prorate time-based on hire date.
- Be more user-friendly. Example direct deposit set up is extremely burdensome. The system is not intuitive.
- PTO - be able to see your entire direct reports and their reports time for the year at a glance!