Updated September 30, 2015
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Workfront
The whole organization uses Workfront to track client engagements, hours, and profitability. It's our project management software as well as a landing page for all time off requests, travel requests, and time sheets. Everything basically goes through Workfront.
- Project management - seeing how much of a project is done and what still needs to be accomplished
- Deployment - seeing who is doing what and who is available to help on different projects
- As a manager, I'd like to be able to sign in as different people, to see what they're seeing, and make sure they aren't seeing confidential things.
- I'd like to be able to hide some tasks on my working on page. There are the projects I'm in every day, and the projects I'm in only once or twice a month. I'd like to differentiate between the two.
- I'd like to be able to see the hours assigned to a person within the actual task, on the actual page or in the description, not just by editing the task.
- We're just at the beginning stages of using Workfront to track ROI and profitability in general.