Overall Satisfaction with Zendesk
- A full feature set and the right automation and integration features, enough to support support staff so that the system is used to capture everything. This is a key difference: a product that gains a positive feedback loop versus one that slowly fades out of proper usage.
- Automation and customization settings and user interface.
- Mobile app.
- Email integration - the feature to forward an email into Zendesk and have it pick up the requestor from the FWD is a key enabling feature when used as an internal helpdesk.
- A broad set of integrations.
- Reporting and tracking of metrics.
- The agent user interface is good, but still needs work: there are two versions of the UI - the older version is fairly static and has too many clicks often to get common tasks done. The new interface has "tabs" inside the interface instead of taking advantage of browser tabs, and the back button cannot be used in many situations.
- The knowledge base is good, but not great: the interface is a bit clunky, more so than the other areas of the interface. Also, when using it for an internal helpdesk on a Plus account only "agent" accounts can edit articles, so internal users cannot collaborate well on knowledge-base articles.
- We reduced support requests by 30% in less than 2 years through proactive maintenance, 100% use of Zendesk to capture information, and filling our knowledge base with high quality articles using the Screensteps integration.
- Our support staff are more productive and rate their job as better and less stressful.
- In combination with a full plan for support, customers rated our support as some of the best they have experienced.
We have successfully integrated Zendesk with Active Directory (indirectly via their SSO script), Google Apps (SSO outside the firewall), our internal search engine (The knowledge-base is indexed via the API, and an "app" inside of Zendesk that builds a custom URL), and various iframe integrations inside the knowledge-base.
Zendesk is a great product for our needs for helpdesk. People using it or being supported by staff using it are productive and happy with it. And the maintenance needs are extremely low being a SaaS product that is well integrated to other systems.