Zerto to the rescue
Updated January 29, 2020
Zerto to the rescue
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Zerto
We use Zerto as our disaster recovery tool for our critical tier 0/1 applications and systems. It is used by the whole of our IT Storage and Virtualization team, along with other tools, to protect our infrastructure and data.
- Zerto does really well at keeping the data in-sync and giving us incredible RTO/RPO times.
- The testing capabilities of Zerto make it really simple to verify that our strategy works.
- The reporting functionality gives us the necessary outputs to satisfy both our internal and external audits.
- Zerto recently added a "long term" storage functionality to act as a backup, if you will. If they could provide a true backup system, Zerto would be one of those "ultimate" software systems that everyone needs to have!
- For us, there really was no ROI to calculate when purchasing and implementing Zerto. We had no DR in place. We needed DR so we spun up a project, did some research, and found Zerto. It has had a positive impact on the business due to the fact that we can now pass our audit.
We use VMware vSphere Replication as our disaster recovery tool for our Tier 2/3 systems. This was chosen as it saves us costs for our less critical, but still needed systems that keep our company running. Putting everything on Zerto would be great, but with this combination, we can cover our whole infrastructure and know that we can meet all the SLA's we have established.
Zerto support has been very good in our dealings with them. From handling issues to assisting with upgrades, Zerto support has been there to make sure we succeed. Since we have been using Zerto for over four years, we have had a long engagement with their support. We have made recommendations that have been accepted, and support has offered us hints to make our lives easier. It has been a great relationship.
Do you think Zerto delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Zerto's feature set?
Did Zerto live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Zerto go as expected?
Would you buy Zerto again?
Zerto is highly suited in environments where you need to get your tier 0/1 systems up and running as quickly and easily as possible. With the low RTO/RPO times, the ease of administration and fail-over, and also the overall functionality of how Zerto's runbook works. Not many applications can do what Zerto does and give you that warm and fuzzy feeling when it comes to DR.