Overall Satisfaction with Zerto Virtual Replication
We use Zerto as part of our Managed Service offerings in our cloud data center for Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS). We also use, on premise, Zerto projects for our customers.
- It is very easy to install.
- The replication is great. The journal based approach gives perfect recovery point options.
- The orchestration helps in case of a disaster to get all applications running again in an orderly way.
- The administration is very self explanatory.
- Zerto needs a lot of open tcp ports between the different components. Especially in a cloud setup this is sometimes cumbersome. Less communications ports would be an improvement.
- To streamline the implementation of a disaster site, it would be great if Zerto could also offer some kind of layer 2 LAN extender to connect recovery site and production LAN.
- Zerto has given us the opportunity to add a very important service to our cloud offerings.