Overall Satisfaction with Zerto Virtual Replication
We currently use Zerto to provide real-time replication to our Disaster Recovery site. It is being used by the IT department only but the servers that it protects are used by the entire organization. It gives us the ability to recover gracefully from any unexpected business emergencies with an RPO that is within 5 minutes or less. Thus reducing any down time our customers may experience.
- The recovery time objectives can be within seconds and not minutes, thus your data loss is minimal if at all.
- The setup and configuration of Zerto is extremely easy and can be done with little exposure to it beforehand.
- The actual process of doing a failover is a one button click process.
- The ability to do multi-site replication cannot be restricted to a selected few virtual machines. It is an all or nothing approach.
- The minimum amount of virtual machines that you can initially start out with is higher than 5. This would not be feasible for small organizations.
- The license packs for the number of virtual machines that will be replicated are somewhat large and are not ideal for small organizations.
- So far it has saved us from experiencing extended downtime with one of our most crucial systems which saved us a lot of money.
We used to use Veeam for our replication solution but due to the snapshot issues that we used to experience with our larger virtual machines, i.e we would encounter some lost of connectivity. We were told by two of our partners that Zerto would solve our needs and we did our research and used the trial and were so impressed that we purchased it.
If you have to initiate a failure to your Disaster Recovery site in case of inclement weather or just keeping your doing a once a year fail over to your DR site then this process will be easy to achieve and carry out. Also if you experienced an attack of ransomware you can use Zerto to do a file level recovery to restore only those file(s) that have been affected.