Overall Satisfaction with Zoom
We use Zoom as a communication tool in European Research Projects of 8 to 10 partners, totaling up to 30 people. Zoom allows us to hold our plenary meetings on a Monthly or bi-Monthly basis. Currently, only the Center for Research in Computing is using Zoom in their projects. Occasionally we use Zoom for other training or administrative sessions.
- Interactive online sessions with screen-sharing.
- Good audio quality.
- Good recording quality.
- Cloud service recordings.
- Intuitive desktop and mobile interfaces.
- Improvements in the mobile interface.
- Improvement in audio quality when video is turned on.
- Options for coupling meeting notifications with calendars (google, icloud, etc.).
- Cost savings.
- Good quality online meetings.
- Provides recording of online meetings.
Zoom has most of the features that GoToMeeting and Webex have, at a significantly better price. The quality is good. It would be extremely beneficial if Zoom were to keep its prices down. Otherwise, we would certainly use more convenient alternatives on the market. To date, the features and price/quality range that Zoom offers are satisfactory.
If your link quality is sub-par, you will probably not benefit from the use of Zoom, since you will not be able to hear/see what is being spoken/presented in the session. Also, mobile connections, especially at high speed (train, bus, car on a motorway) are not recommended -- the session tends to break down.