Zuora- Dependable and Adaptable products
July 08, 2016

Zuora- Dependable and Adaptable products

Jodilane Hamilton | TrustRadius Reviewer

Overall Satisfaction with Zuora

Zuora is used by our accounting/finance department. We use it to record customer accounts, products associated with these accounts, and to generate invoices for these accounts.

Pros

• Zuora offers many built-in customer notifications. These are a great tool to reach out to customers and notify them of their account status.
  • We have customers who need invoices billed separately to their corporate account. Zuora enables us to set up accounts at the broker dealer level and have these accounts assigned to a corporate parent account for invoicing.
  • It is a great way to track individual accounts, yet offer our customers the flexibility of one invoice going to the corporate office.
  • Zuora sends informative updates about any new releases or changes to the product. It is beneficial to know how the product is continually adapting to our changing environment.

Cons

• Customers constantly want a statement that lists their balance with recent transactions. The version of Zuora we are using doesn't allow us to easily provide customers with account detail. Currently, we have to download information into Excel and create our own statement to sent to the customer.
  • I have a hard time getting information out of Zuora sometimes. The reporting feature needs more work.
  • Amending subscriptions in Zuora is complicated.
  • We have old subscriptions in our tenant that we are unable to cancel due to our accounting periods being closed. We need the ability to cancel subs that aren't renewing even if the accounting period is closed.
Zuora is so much more reliable than our old billing system. Because we have a large customer base, our old billing system would crash in the middle of invoice generation. We were unable to be in the system while invoices were being generated. Zuora is dependable. The product rarely is down, even for software updates.
Zuora is well suited for an environment where there is little need to modify customer's subscriptions on a monthly basis.

Comments

• Christina Porter | TrustRadius Reviewer
    Hello Jodilane, Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for being a valued Zuora customer. Smarsh is a great company! Happy to hear that the solution is meeting your needs and enabling your business growth. It is especially great to hear you are able to use the packaging features to price your products how your customers want! Regarding your need for statements, I want to update you and share that this is a priority under consideration. Our community has the latest updates and you can see one of the more recent posts here once you login: http://community.zuora.com/t5/Subscription-Management-Ideas/Customer-Statements/idi-p/4873 Additionally, we announced a new reporting platform and hope that you have had a chance to connect with the community to see it in action. If not, check it out here: http://community.zuora.com/t5/Zuora-Announcements/Reporting-Makes-a-Breakthrough/ba-p/8817 If you have any trouble getting the details you are looking for, feel free to contact me and I will connect you! For your accounting close/subscription cancellation need, have you already logged this as an enhancement in the community as well? It's a forum where other customers can vote up your suggestion for consideration. I am the head of our customer and executive programs and run the Zuora Epic Stories Team, a showcase for the accomplishments and successes in our community. I am delighted to hear we have earned a high mark from you and will share your feedback with the company! Please do consider me as your advocate and connect with me: c@zuora.com. I am happy to help with your Zuora related needs in the future! Thank you again for your review. Christina Porter Head of Customer and Executive Programs