<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>Score 7.4 out of 100
Based on 161 reviews and ratings
Likelihood to Recommend
Appian is very well suited for complex business processes. If implementing using traditional methods is daunting, then Appian would be a good alternative. It follows that simpler business processes would be a breeze. Also, it's well suited for situations where sharing data across processes/applications is likely. There's no need to "integrate" from Appian app to Appian app, so sharing data within the platform is trivial from a technical implementation perspective. Appian may not be as well suited for dealing with very large datasets (tens of thousands of records), it seems too much data may start taxing the system.
Director in Research & DevelopmentPharmaceuticals Company, 10,001+ employees
Feature Rating Comparison
Platform User Management
- I have observed after version 17.1 we have a lot of good features in Appian that improve usability (UX). This adds real value in this competitive Digital space.
- You can understand business use case and convert it to a logical process automation.
- Process Modeller has improved a lot and providing smart services use adds more value.
- Service integration helps us to seamlessly integrate with third-party systems
- Appian is continually improving the product but having to learn new features every 3 months (upgrade schedule) can be a challenge.
- Graphical user interface could use some additional improvements but it has come a long way already.
- Sites could use some additional modifications. Currently, the News Feed is not available on a site.
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 16 answers
We recently renewed our license with Appian. We are convinced that its flexibility, relative ease of use, the support they provide, there mobile advancements and their general willingness and desire to see us succeed all contributed to our reason to renew our agreement with Appian
Based on 32 answers
The interface is as difficult to use as you make it. We like to follow the KISS principle and automate the mundane so that our staff can concentrate on their day job and not have to worry about what happens next.
Based on 55 answers
We have Appian support here full time who are always helpful and understand both the products and our needs. They help guide the product to help it stay stable.On the odd occasion we need to call Appian themselves, they have always been responsive and genuinely want to help us solve the issue.Recently I've needed to send in quite a few support tickets for various issues, none of them were critical and 2 or 3 of them were just questions. Each time I got a response very quickly and each time the help was what was needed.
Analyst in Information TechnologyFinancial Services Company, 501-1000 employees
Based on 3 answers
It was really seamless. SaaS in the true definition of the word. We logged on and started using the product. Very easy.
The main advantage of Appian is the cost structure that is more suitable for starting a test-project to see how develop in Appian and most of all how Appian is accepted inside the company. In few weeks you can show the first results and start the journey on digitalization.
Project Manager in OtherBanking Company, 201-500 employees
Return on Investment
- Our objective to reduce customer effort when dealing with government by 25% was exceeded. In the process of applying for an alcohol licence renewal alone, we saw approximately 80% reduction in time and effort for the business customer - and that was just a prototype! Imagine the possibilities when this is taken into a live environment!
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?