Likelihood to Recommend
It's well suited to be your overall repository of content... especially diverse content. It's less useful for content-in-development as the version control is not what it could be for documents that are being collaborated on by multiple people. But once the thing is done, and you have a final version (at least for now) then Bynder's your best choice.
Cloudinary handles pretty much anything you have related to images. From serving them up efficiently to adding transformations on the fly, there's really little this service doesn't do. Their pricing plans allow you to grow into the right levels and their website dashboards are very helpful. I would easily recommend this for all but the simplest of use cases.
- Searching Imagery: The way imagery is filtered in Bynder is what drew us to the software in the first place. The filters we were able to set up makes finding approved imagery much easier. You're able to use the filters to drill down to very specific images (ie: smiling woman coconut farmer), where that process used to require us to search through several folders on our filing system to find the right photo.
- Metadata/Tagging: This is along the same line as searching but the metadata and tagging in the portal makes it so easy to find exactly what you're looking for.
- User Experience: The ease of use is one of my favorite features. We were able to roll this program out to over 70 people (some who didn't speak English as their first language) with minimal training and even less support needed after launching.
- Downloading Options: We like being able to give our staff several options for downloading whether they need a PSD image for graphic design, a high-resolution print ready image, or just a low-resolution screen-ready image. This allows us to field even less requests for specific sizes or file types.
- Cloudinary is the best in the market for photo and video transformations.
- Cloudinary takes customer's requests for special features and implements them very quickly.
- Bynder Guidelines - not much customization available, looks like a blog but we use it for a different purpose and would like to customize the format.
- Sharing assets - we wish we could share single assets with our entire org (not just those with a login) via a link that is only accessible to those with an org email.
- Duplicate assets - I wish Bynder could detect a duplicate asset that is uploaded.
- Their API does require URLs that can get quite lengthy and not always easy to parse on sight.
- Documentation on how transformations work and what they actually do to your image could be clearer (what does force_strip actually mean?).
- Although a free tier exists and is quite generous, should you need to acquire a premium plan for your needs the pricing at scale can climb quickly.
No answers yet
No answers on this topic
Based on 2 answers
WebDAM and Bynder merged, so we didn't have to choose between them. We found these two had the best templating functions, which was a must have for our clients. Their permissions and user group management also seem to be the most robust. We found their support, including site, documents and staff to be the most responsive
Cloudinary seemed to be the most sophisticated with the most documentation and platform support. Other solutions seemed to be a lot harder to implement, however, due to the good documentation and API samples on their GitHub we were able to implement it nicely. Additionally, they have a lot of really well-known brands using them like Wired, Sky News, and eBay which gave us a lot of confidence that this was a good robust solution to use and to help others with
Analyst in EngineeringInternet Company, 51-200 employees
Return on Investment
- While we don't track exact metrics around our digital assets, I can confidently say that Bynder has cut down on time significantly for our communications team. We no longer spend 20-30 minutes searching for photos or selecting photos for our colleagues -- now we go straight to Bynder to find it, and our colleagues can do the same.
- Images are essential to our product and using Cloudinary has allowed us to serve them up in a cost-effective and efficient way. Not having to worry about your images frees you up to tackle the real challenges for your product.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
Bynder Editions & Modules
|Enterprise Brand Portal||1|
Additional Pricing DetailsThe cost of Bynder depends on the number of users, amount of storage, and the modules you need.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Cloudinary Editions & Modules