Likelihood to Recommend
Our main goals were to drive value by focusing on adoption by all, increased visibility in spend, and compliance. Coupa is very easy to use and does not feel like an ERP. Our end users like the easy to use, intuitive interface. A side benefit that we have experienced is that we were able to get rid of a shadow system that our IT department was using to track spending. They are able to use Coupa to track committed and actual spend and reconcile it their budgets and forecasts.
ProcurementExpress.com works well for simple budget tracking (under 100~ different budget areas). Their customer service is phenomenal, which allows for quick turnarounds on questions regarding a process or a capability. This setup works well for smaller companies that aren't bound by some of the more restrictive reporting tools. Most of the issues come from non-finance and non-purchasing employees who may not understand the needs of the company.
- Ease of use. No IT support is needed. As the procurement manager, I'm also the Coupa administrator. I have the ability to configure, correct, manipulate, etc., the system to our needs.
- No on-going training. The system, both P2P and Sourcing are incredibly intuitive. Many SAAS modules change dramatically with each new version and require additional training. Coupa does a great job of putting updated, searchable documents on-line to augment any additional training employees may need.
- Rock solid stability. Coupa is never down, they far exceed the SLAs we have in place with them. I've never had a catastrophic failure or outage with them.
- SOX compliancy. Need I say more? My internal and external audit teams have given the tool more than a passing grade.
- Thought leadership. The tool is constantly evolving to live up to the high expectations of its user base. The Coupa Community has skin-in-the-game and Coupa listens to our needs/wants as well as adding their own cutting edge touches to the tool.
- The software is extremely easy to use and since I was a first time user I was able to load my PO's easily.
- There are not a lot of things you need to go through before being able to work on the platform which makes it simple to use.
- It saves me a lot of time by tracking my spent/income without me having to do any major calculations - Very accurate!
- Implementation using a third-party consultant was a mistake. Maybe we had the wrong consultants assigned to us but make sure you understand who is doing the implementation. Implementation is costly but extremely important.
- We often can have small issues with approval chains and they are hard to figure out. If there was more information on how to understand approval chains without reaching out to support, it would help.
- Creating reports.
- Have options on the input section with more details.
- Exclude the remaining budget section of the email sent with PDF of PO.
No answers yet
No answers on this topic
Based on 24 answers
Great program for any small business in my opinion. I use it daily and recommend it for anyone who is having trouble with keeping track of outgoing purchase money. They make it easy for someone like me who is busy on all ends to have one less thing to worry about running a company.
Concur was a lot easier and more user friendly for employees doing expense reports on their phone. That is not the case with Coupa. You must use your laptop to do expenses and our managers don't always have enough time to do that while out in the field working. This has caused some issues.
I was not the person to select ProcurementExpress but my company has been using it for all 5 years I have been here. We all love it and find it very easy to use and navigate. All 250 plus people use it and use it very often as we order on our own.
Return on Investment
- The easy internal process to find. Given this is the same for all teams, I'd guess there is a positive impact from our Finance Team as they only have one tool they have to manage, pull reporting from, etc.
- Frustrating process, as mentioned at times this can be a frustrating tool to use, which I think causes a lot of employees (who are not on the Finance Team) to direct undue frustration towards the Finance Team, creating avoidable tensions.
- I think our CEO will be able to provide a good answer to this.
- As a Creative Director, I focus on simply keeping projects on a budget, in an effective way.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Coupa Editions & Modules
Additional Pricing Details—
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
ProcurementExpress.com Editions & Modules
- per user, per month