Quite a cup of Coupa
November 09, 2016
Quite a cup of Coupa
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Coupa Unified Spend Suite
Sprouts is currently using Coupa's P2P and Sourcing modules and strongly considering the T&E and Contract modules based on the success we've had with our existing models. The P2P is used primarily in new store development as the purchasing platform for indirect spend, typically fixtures, equipment, and store supplies. We are in the process of rolling it out to all stores as a hosted catalog as a one-stop shop to order all supplies from. The Sourcing module is used by my strategic sourcing team to conduct all RFxs/Reverse Auctions. The tool is extremely flexible, reliable, and configurable to any type of sourcing need. We've had great success in gaining cost transparency resulting in lower costs for the business. The P2P module is very stable and easy to use, we've spent very little time training my team on it. If you've ever bought something on Amazon, you'll figure Coupa out in about five minutes.
- Ease of use. No IT support is needed. As the procurement manager, I'm also the Coupa administrator. I have the ability to configure, correct, manipulate, etc., the system to our needs.
- No on-going training. The system, both P2P and Sourcing are incredibly intuitive. Many SAAS modules change dramatically with each new version and require additional training. Coupa does a great job of putting updated, searchable documents on-line to augment any additional training employees may need.
- Rock solid stability. Coupa is never down, they far exceed the SLAs we have in place with them. I've never had a catastrophic failure or outage with them.
- SOX compliancy. Need I say more? My internal and external audit teams have given the tool more than a passing grade.
- Thought leadership. The tool is constantly evolving to live up to the high expectations of its user base. The Coupa Community has skin-in-the-game and Coupa listens to our needs/wants as well as adding their own cutting edge touches to the tool.
- Support Team - A little slow in responding. I think the tool is so configurable that they struggle with figuring out what is causing certain issues that are being submitted on the portal.
- I'd love for the Sourcing Module to be able to support larger events. There seems to be a limit on the number of lines each event can support and as a growing retailer, our store count dictates we have room to grow and that each store is represented in the bid process.
- Would like to see the ability to issue multiple POs for a single item to multiple locations. The tool may do this but I know I can't and it may be due to how we interface with our ERP.
- The Sourcing Module has returned our investment 23 times on an annualized basis.
- We're now SOX compliant and as a public company, that's keeping us compliant with our corporate charter.
- Having one central invoicing location has reduced our AP calls significantly. Our suppliers now have visibility into where their invoice is in the payment cycle. We also have a much higher invoice-to-pay cycle.
We looked at a number of solutions. Due to retail's high turnover rate I needed a stable tool that was extremely intuitive that store level employees would find easy (and maybe fun) to use. Coupa is so configurable I can set up each store with different spend authorizations to help manage spend at that level.
This tool is so incredibly affordable even the smallest of companies should be using it. You can easily pay for the system with successful sourcing events. The system is so configurable I'm not sure there is an industry it wouldn’t be successful in. From a retail perspective, I love the hosted catalog, sourcing, and P2P modules, they're exactly what I need.