Overall Satisfaction with Coupa
Coupa is being used at our national office. We are in the planning process of rolling it out to our chapters through the United States, then we will roll it out to our chapters in Canada. We had aging software. Processes were very manual. Process was lengthy and prone to errors. Invoices were getting lost. There is a lack of coordination and transparency of spend with many chapters going out finding the same type of suppliers and buying the same type of merchandise for their special events. Some of the larger areas of our procurement are centralized, however, there are thousands of smaller suppliers that the chapters use that we need to get our arms around to better manage. We needed to redesign the entire function. So we took the opportunity to reevaluate our processes. We needed a simple and intuitive answer.
- Coupa is easy to use, however, we had to teach our end users about procurement. They are not used to conducting an RFP, onboarding a supplier, or preparing a PO. This is the change management that our employees had to be prepared to understand. The Shelby Group helped us with the implementation.
- The hardest part was the integration between NetSuite and Coupa. We wanted to have a dynamic tight integration between the two solutions. If we adjusted the chart of accounts or added a new supplier we wanted it to be able to done in both systems and be available immediately in both systems. We used a partner called SuiteSkies to accomplish this dynamic integration.
- We’ve been able to manage the implementation and maintenance with a very lean IT group.
- Coupa supports flat file integration out of the box, but we wanted dynamic integration with NetSuite. This was not easily accomplished and we needed to hire another company called SuiteSkies to handle this real time integration.
- Coupa was missing the ability self service supplier maintenance and onboarding. Coupa was willing to listen to me and several other customers. They asked me to join a Customer Advisory Board that helped provide feedback and ideas on how to deliver a new module called Supplier Information Management.
- Coupa is an extension of our ERP. It has provided value by delivering visibility and transparency in our spend management.
- The adoption by all is a key deliverable for us. In order to take advantage of the visibility, we need all spend under management in Coupa. We are moving in this direction with very positive feedback from our end users.
- We will drive savings by being able to negotiate with our suppliers with the analytics that Coupa provides. Coupa allows us to track supplier performance and manage the relationship in real time.
Coupa fits within our desire to have best of breed systems delivering value to our organization. We generally work with true cloud providers that are available anytime, anywhere for our mobile workforce. We are pleased that Coupa is in our lineup of service solutions.
Our main goals were to drive value by focusing on adoption by all, increased visibility in spend, and compliance. Coupa is very easy to use and does not feel like an ERP. Our end users like the easy to use, intuitive interface. A side benefit that we have experienced is that we were able to get rid of a shadow system that our IT department was using to track spending. They are able to use Coupa to track committed and actual spend and reconcile it their budgets and forecasts.