<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>Score 8.4 out of 100
Based on 47 reviews and ratings
Likelihood to Recommend
Guru is an exceptional tool for any Sales and Customer Success organization. How many times have you gone to a Google Doc, or Confluence page and wondered is this content the most up-to-date, or when was the last time this was edited. Well Guru solves for that and so much more. We have been using this tool on our team for over two years now and each new employee that joins our team says how much they wish this tool had been around at their old job.
- Organization - This is really a two-fold strength. Yes, GURU provides organization for overall knowledge, but the tool itself is also extremely flexible with how that organization can be attained. We, at present, have 6 distinct collections of knowledge for everyone in the company to access with nearly 1200 cards of specialized knowledge which are easy to access and locate. There are still more cards to create and I have no fear that it will clutter and mucky-up GURU to a point where it becomes unwieldy. GURU is designed in such a way to make that difficult to do.
- Chrome Extension - The mere existence of a Chrome extension is bewilderingly amazing. Rather than needing to launch a separate tab in Chrome, the extension offers a mini search bar with top results in about 2 seconds. This makes using GURU too easy. I do not want to increase the amount of tabs I have open in Chrome (Chrome is memory intensive) and I do not have to with this extension.
- Automatic Verification System - It is pretty fantastic that with this high level of organization comes a huge responsibility to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the body of knowledge. The good news is that its automated at your discretion. We have many cards set up to require re-verification every quarter (things change fast in our world) which is extremely helpful. Otherwise, new employees might learn from incorrect information and existing employees may have incorrect information reinforced. With the verification system, we don't have to worry about that
Employee in Research & DevelopmentInternet Company, 201-500 employees
- There is no notion of "drafts" (yet). This can be difficult when you want to write something in Guru but you're not necessarily ready to share with the world yet.
- There is no way to add default search filters. As an administrator of the tool, this means I have to choose between restricting the information that certain users may not need on a daily basis or allowing said information to dilute search results simply because it might be useful to them at some point.
- My users occasionally complain of slow performance, and of losing in-progress cards entirely if their browser crashes.
Based on 18 answers
I never actually required contacting the Guru support team. That could be because creating new Guru cards or editing existing ones was very intuitive. One issue I did have was that when it came time to export all of the content in Guru it was very difficult and cumbersome so I would recommend making that an easier, cleaner process.
Guru is a much simpler tool than the typical content management system. In some cases you can consider it as a complementary tool, but in my previous two companies we felt we were not big enough to warrant a full blown CMS. Guru can be implemented and start being used in two days vs the typical 2 months of other tools.
Director in MarketingInformation Technology and Services Company, 201-500 employees
Return on Investment
- Our ticket resolution times went from over 8 hours to just over 2 hours.
- We no longer have a continuous conversation between support and developers allowing developers to focus on developing.
- Having the same information across teams has proven helpful too.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?