What users are saying about
Likelihood to Recommend
Help Scout is well suited for teams who have multiple team members managing a single email address (i.e firstname.lastname@example.org). Conversations are easily assigned and escalated within Help Scout and internal notes can be left. I think as companies grow and scale, Help Scout is less appropriate due to the lack of integrations and pretty basic reporting.
Feature Rating Comparison
Organize and prioritize service tickets
Ticket creation and submission
External knowledge base
Internal knowledge base
Help Desk CRM integration
- The interface/UX. Helpscout is extremely easy to learn and use. Getting ramped up on Helpscout takes very little time and it is easy to train new team members on it.
- Support. Any time I have a question or something seems to be acting up in the account (which is pretty rare) I always get a quick response from Help Scout's Support team.
- Workflows. We use this feature a lot to automate certain actions. For example, I have a workflow set up that triggers an email to be sent to me if a bad rating ever comes through for one of the Support Associates on my team. This allows me to quickly follow up with the customer to see what could be done to improve their experience.
- Reporting. The native reports they have are good, but diving into data a little deeper is challenging. You really need custom fields or tags set up from the start to get specific data since Salesforce does not integrate into fields within Helpscout.
- Knowledge Base. I wish there was more room for customization here. The current setup requires there to be Collections and Categories. If an article is uncategorized it is not searchable in the Knowledge Base. I also wish there was a feature so I could add "was this article helpful?" to report on.
- Forwarding to other inboxes - you aren't able to CC the other user's email address (i.e if Support wants to forward something to Billing we are able to forward, but you are not able to CC the billing email address which is confusing to our customers sometimes).
Return on Investment
- We were using spreadsheets for customer development and it caused a lot of extra work & confusion. Saved money & provided clarity.
Vice-President in CorporateInternet Company, 11-50 employees
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?