What users are saying about
Likelihood to Recommend
Well suited for most application development. Most business cases do not need the extreme optimization of an unmanaged development and therefore .NET is more than suitable
- Provides an extremely robust layer on top of the OS.
- Allows for multiple languages to compile into equivalent intermediary language.
- Incredible suite of methods and built in functionality for getting an application up and running.
- Sometimes can be difficult traversing exceptions to find root causes.
- Null references can sometimes feel annoying and unnecessary, although the latest .NET has improvements here.
We evaluated Java as a platform for custom development. There were many advantages to using Java like - Java is portable, so you can choose whatever operating system you need to build your app or website. Object-relational support is better, and Java calls the database less often, keeping everything in domain objects.But possible security breaches are the main concern when it comes to Java, because such issues occur more often in platform-agnostic solutions. On top of that, Scala functions don’t work well with Groovy, requiring advanced software developing skills. Also, some developers claim that Java can be slower than other languages because of its multi-platform nature.
Employee in Information TechnologySemiconductors Company, 5001-10,000 employees
Return on Investment
- Extremely positive - can no longer imagine coding without it.
- Robust framework that saves untold man hours of coding.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?