Likelihood to Recommend
Revinate is very appropriate for any business that monitors, answers and utilizes guest or customer reviews on a daily basis. It assists with drilling down to core areas that a business either excels in or the opposite: does poorly. It is a great tool to track your scores and what people are saying about your product and service. Adversely, it is not appropriate for businesses that do not need the ability to track guest reviews and scores.
- Filters all guests reviews into one place.
- Allows us to respond to guest reviews easily.
- Revinate has a multitude of reporting options and functionality that allow us to dig down to key areas of interest.
- Streamline how we answer reviews further. I feel like we should not have to log into Revinate and log into third party sites to answer reviews. Revinate would have partnerships with these third parties to streamline the review answering process.
- I also don't like how Revinate will not give direct access to Wyndham franchise users. We have to log into a MyPortal account and then into Revinate using the MyPortal link. It would be more efficient to have direct access and capabilities.
- Make your report creation area user-friendly. You don't offer much training or help assistance in learning to create reports.
Survey Monkey pales in comparison to Revinate because of the depths Revinate has to offer. Survey Monkey is good for surface level tallying if you can get your client to fill out the surveys. But again, it is a simple survey tool wheres Revinate offers in depth analysis.
Return on Investment
- I would not know this financial information directly.
- I can tell you that Revinate is a vital tool in tracking all the possible reviews being sent in my our guests. We receive over 600 reviews per month from outlets all over the web and this program helps us monitor all of them in one place.
- We receive data from all over (i.e. booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, WynReview, TripAdvisor, Google, etc.)
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?