<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>Score 9.2 out of 101
Based on 93 reviews and ratings
Likelihood to Recommend
Screaming Frog tracks the crawl level, internal links, outbound links, title tags, and meta descriptions of the pages it crawls. It also adds HTTP status codes, title tag length, meta description length, H1, H2 tags and lengths, and canonical tags. Many of these elements are also broken into their own tabs at the top so that you can easily focus in on problem areas. You can right-click on any URL for many more options. The program is definitely valuable to anyone who is looking to gauge factors regarding SEO. However, if you are not a web designer/admin, you're going to lack an understanding of the information it provides.
Feature Rating Comparison
SERP ranking tracking
Site audit / diagnostics
Integration with web analytics tools
- Effectively and quickly assesses the scale of any problem that can be determined in the HTML source of a web site. Most sites of any age or of sufficient scale have numerous systems interacting to generate the source code. Screaming Frog's filters let you figure out where issues lie, and where they don't -- which can be key to solving for the issue.
- Screaming Frog lets you crawl your site (and others - SHHHH) as Googlebot. If Googlebot can't get everywhere you want it to go, you can fix that.
- Screaming Frog can effectively find duplicate content.
- It's a true SEO crawler. Reliable site-wide analytics on Metadata. You can find your canonicalization issues with this tag.
- It will build XML sitemaps for you. Good ones!
- Updates too frequently and is sometimes unclear on what the update is for. Since I use this on my work desktop primarily, I have to go through our help desk to update. Which turns a quick process into a much more involved, time consuming endeavor.
- An integration with a CMS (Drupal or Wordpress in particular) seems like a great next step.
- Entry level technical SEO is easy to do. More advanced tools and reports can be difficult to find.
Likelihood to Renew
Screaming Frog 10.0
Based on 3 answers
The tool has become integrated into our teams daily workings and I have yet to find a tool other than scremaing frog to replicate all of our use cases for it. It's a great tool and we're sticking with it
Screaming Frog 6.8
Based on 2 answers
Easy for me to use because I have using the product for a long time and understand the ins and outs of it. If I was a newbie, I would be completely lost. It does take some prior knowledge to operate this software and understanding of what a crawl means
Screaming Frog 10.0
Based on 1 answer
I have had very little issues with the software, most of which can be answered with the very extensive online documentation. However the few times I have had to ask for support, they have been nothing but helpful.
Screaming Frog 7.0
Based on 1 answer
If the software was a little easier to use for beginners, there really wouldn't be an issue
Google Search Console is web-based and free. It is slow and has inaccurate data. Screaming Frog provides deeper technical data, which as a technical marketer, is necessary. Although, to be clear, users should use Google Search Console and Screaming Frog in conjunction with one another. They support each other in unique ways.
Return on Investment
- This is just one tool that I use for clients, but the overall impact that it has in saving me so much time doing checks manually, I see it having a positive ROI.
C-Level Executive in MarketingMarketing and Advertising Company, 1-10 employees