SEO PowerSuite Reviews

Jeff Smith | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 18, 2020

An SEO toolset well worth considering

SEO Powersuite is one of the two core SEO tools that we use, SEMRush being the other. It is being used across the entire organization. PowerSuite is used for all areas of SEO. Keyword research, keyword rank or position tracking, website auditing, competitive intelligence and of course, link building. SEO PowerSuite has a few features that are not found in the other bigger SEO platforms. The two major areas are the number of keywords that can be tracked and the number of competitors you can have set up in relation to the site you are tracking. Though there might not seem like that big of an issue, it really is. Especially the tracking of the keywords. Even with the SEMRush Guru account, you can only track 1500 keywords. With the Enterprise level of SEO PowerSuite, keyword tracking is unlimited. This keeps us from having to go to a 3rd party to track keywords. This feature of SEO PowerSuite by itself is quite valuable. And then the competitors, SEO PowerSuite let you track up to 40 competitors, which is huge, especially in a very competitive local market when doing local SEO.
  • The ability to track Unlimited Keywords is priceless. Along with tracking Google, SEO PowerSuite can track Bing and Yahoo as well as several other search engines. You can also track by geolocation as well as desktop and mobile. I do not know of any other SEO platform that allows for unlimited keywords.
  • Being able to track up to 40 competitors against the site you are working to rank is really helpful. I find this especially helpful for Local SEO in markets that have a lot of competition.
  • Unlike most of the other high-end SEO platforms, SEO PowerSuite is not an integrated platform. PowerSuite is a suite of four individual tools. This can make learning the workflow a bit daunting. They do have the training, However, I think it could be better
  • The SEO PowerSuite set of tools are desktop applications as opposed to being a web-based platform. Depending on your machine this does take some computing power. The applications are pretty efficient but it is something to be aware of.
Of all the higher-end SEO tools out there, SEO PowerSuite is priced under the competition. This makes SEO PowerSuite a good choice when just starting out. It is quite capable of doing everything needed to maintain a site quite well. Once you have used it for a while and really learn your way around the set of tools then it is a really nice SEO tool. It is perfect if you are a freelance SEO or a smaller agency. For a larger agency, it makes a great complementary tool to some of the other tools like SEMRush. Especially if you need to track a lot of keywords.

There is a free version of SEO PowerSuite. It is limited, but if you are a site owner that works on your own SEO this would be a great choice.
Read Jeff Smith's full review
Eamonn Kelly | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 05, 2019

SEO PowerSuite review

We used SEO PowerSuite tools Rank Tracker to track keyword positions. Other tools don't have the [same] level of detail, competitor analysis and keyword volume as SEO PowerSuite. Link Assistant is a powerful tool that allows many more links to be tracked than competitors and SEO Spyglass gives a deep insight into competitors.
  • Rank Tracker allows multiple competitors to be tracked
  • Excellent user experience and clean design
  • High level of detail in Link Assistant
  • Expensive subscription cost
  • Greater level of reporting detail
[SEO PowerSuite is well suited for] Tracking competitors' rankings which is something SEO PowerSuite does much better than competitors. All 4 tools are useful and getting the entire package in one subscription is convenient.
Read Eamonn Kelly's full review
Dragan Nikolic | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 11, 2018

SEO PowerSuite (a unique SEO Software that lives on your computer)

SEO PoweSuite has 5 modules:
  1. Website Auditor
  2. SEO SpyGlass
  3. Link Assistant
  4. Buzz Bundle
  5. Rank Tracker

Our company uses just 2 of them - Website Auditor and SEO SpyGlass. Website Auditor is an excellent tool for crawling your website and finding onsite and technical errors. SEO SpyGlass is a great tool for offsite SEO optimization and competitor research.
  • Website auditing and fixing the foundation of your websites.
  • Offsite optimization.
  • Competition research.
  • Rank tracking
  • Runs on your computer under Java so it's not fast.
  • Uses too much system memory and can slow down your computer significantly.
  • Doesn't have a vast link index, like Ahrefs or SEMrush...
SEO PowerSuite offers tools for a complete SEO (technical, onsite and offsite). It's a good tool set with good support and regular updates.

If you're a one-man show, you can use their Professional license and if you're an agency, there's an Enterprise license with white-label reports and cloud storage for all your 400 clients (which is their limit).
Read Dragan Nikolic's full review
Brandon Stark | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 24, 2015

Worth trying it

I started using SEO PowerSuite tools two years ago. I had a small project that I needed to monitor and was searching for a tool to help me automate my tasks. So, it all started with Rank Tracker but I found great value in the tools so decided to switch for the whole SEO PowerSuite pack. No I am using all four tools, mostly to schedule my SEO activities.
  • I love their report customization possibilities. The new reports are really great and fully customizable. I am able to provide my clients with different sorts of data arranged in the way I like it, makes my reports unique.
  • What really impresses me is the number of different features you can find in SEO Powersuite tools. This software kind of combines all necessary features under one roof so I mostly do not need to use other SEO tools at all.
  • Possibility to check rankings from different locations. This is really great, since my customers come from different regions, so I can provide country-specific results for every client.
  • The software is not strong with processing large amounts of data. So, it is really good for small and medium size businesses, but can be cumbersome for large projects.
  • Due to large number of settings it takes time to learn it.
  • Need to purchase proxies or captcha solution. I think those can be provides as part of the package already.
The software is not quite suitable for e-commerce, yet is powerful for gaining organic results.
Read Brandon Stark's full review
Crystal Dickerson | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 14, 2014

Kind of Suite, but Kind of Sour

We decided to implement SEO PowerSuite to help us determine stratigic POA for our web content, Search Engine Optimization, and even our social strategy. SEO PowerSuite helped us determine how we were performing against other players in the industry. The information we found on competitor backlinks, company page strength, and keyword strength in the Google space allowed us to identify areas that needed improvement and implement a strategy based on our findings. With the information we gathered from this software, we were able to see our company's web performance skyrocket in the Google space in under a year. This product was only being utilized by the marketing department.
  • The product was easy to use. I had no problems understanding how to use the product or setting it up.
  • SEO PowerSuite gave clear concise charts that were easy to read and helped upper level management better understand our strengths and weaknesses
  • I could pull new information about keyword rankings everyday if I needed to.
  • I would have preferred all of the (separate) platforms to be housed in one platform. I did not like having to open different applications for each function.
  • The pricing structure was not consistent. I did not like paying large sums of money for this platform. I prefer a monthly pricing structure with automatic withdrawls
  • Lots of updates. Was having to download newer versions of the software all the time. It would have been better if the program was web-based and I did not need to make updates manually
The product is definitely better for small to mid-sized companies. The platform is not streamlined enough for larger companies. I would give a different recommendation for a larger company.
Read Crystal Dickerson's full review

Keyword analysis (3)
Backlink management (3)
SERP ranking tracking (3)
Page grader (3)
Competitive analysis (3)
Site audit / diagnostics (3)
Site recommendations (3)
Local SEO (2)
10.0
Social SEO (2)
Mobile SEO (3)
Global SEO (3)
Multi-domain support (2)
Integration with web analytics tools (3)
9.7