Reviews (1-2 of 2)
In my organization, we have several programs, and one of these is Maya. Depending on each designer or project, one program or another is used. Maya we only use a little, but when we use it, it turns out to be a good program to model and design the pieces. It is generally used to model certain types of products that, due to their complexity or organic shapes, cannot be made so easily in others. We can also make pieces separately, and then make an assembly or a product in one piece.
Read Alan Urbina's full review
At first, it can be a little complex to use or learn how to handle it, but after you have practice, it becomes very easy and simple. Also at the beginning, if you do not know any other program, it can be difficult to remember the different functions, operations, or buttons. You can generate different parts to later assemble without any mishap or problem, or it helps you generate complex and organic shapes in an easier way.
February 20, 2019
Score 10 out of 10
We mainly use Autodesk Maya for creating 3D models(characters, vehicles, props) of varying complexity, sometimes for animation, assembling(layout) 3d assets to scenes for subsequent export to sideFX Houdini.
- The program is a complete product for modeling, animation, shading and rendering 3d assets for static images and animation.
- Maya has one of the best animation tools in 3d industry. It's simple to create/edit complex animation using Time Editor, Graph Editor and etc.
- Well known in the game and film industry. Many studios use it, so there is no problem for just hired employee to settle in.
- It has simple(enough) python API. It's easy to create scripts and plugins. And there are lots of free or paid plugins in the internet to speed up 3d work.
- It has good node-based workflow for procedural creation.
- Right now Maya has no good viewport like Blender 2.8 has. It is good that Maya 2019 devs focused on performance and stability but it's strange to see that mainstream soft aren't on trend in developing really cool and helpful tools.
- Maya LT is very good for artist who don't need complex FX tools. So the devs must add python API to Maya LT.
- Add more helpful tools to modeling section especially for retopology.
Read Miroslav Bobryshev's full review
Autodesk Maya is perfect for the integrated creation of three-dimensional assets: modeling, creating UV, animation, shading and rendering, as well as simulating effects - the strengths of the program. Sculpting and texturing must be done in third-party applications.
Autodesk Maya Scorecard Summary
About Autodesk Maya
Autodesk offers Maya, a 3D animation, modeling, simulation and rendering tool available to artists, animators, and educators.
Autodesk Maya Technical Details