Reviews (1-6 of 6)
February 12, 2020
Score 9 out of 10
Function Point is utilized by our entire organization. It allows all departments to collaborate and traffic jobs/projects through the same system which almost completely eliminates errors, mistakes and/or items being missed during the job closing process at the end of each quarter. Previously we were using much more labor-intensive processes so this system has also greatly reduced the amount of time needed to project management and provides efficiency in that regard.
- Project management- from project conception to completion, this is THE system to have.
- Estimates & budgets- allows real-time insight into hours logged per job and if we are going to exceed estimated hours for each project's budget.
- Reporting- FP offers many pre-loaded reporting functions but sometimes all of this amounts to our job summaries and not specifics.
- Employee calendar/scheduling- FP does a lot for us and streamlines our processes but one of the main aspects it's lacking is the ability to use the system for employee management like PTO requests, Out of Office, Working Elsewhere, etc.
Read this authenticated review
Well suited in:
- Project management from estimate creation to final billing.
- Time tracking per job.
- Delegating tasks internally (and externally if choosing to use this feature).
- Creative agency environments where jobs have many moving parts and employees working on.
- Customer contact information management.
- Internal creative collaboration (brainstorming).
- Management oversight allowing team leads to review hours logged per employee to each job.
September 18, 2019
Score 2 out of 10
Function Point was implemented in our organization as an integrated project management and financial system. Function Point integrates with QuickBooks Desktop AND Online, and our accounting manager found this very appealing. Project Managers use the system to schedule and manage projects. Creatives use it to manage projects and input time against projects. I used it to provide consolidated financial and performance information.
- Function Point will help you manage your marketing and advertising projects, and will give you insights and data that are actionable.
- Function Point has some of the best customer support agents I've ever worked with.
- Function Point will work with you to implement your software, and are patient as you grasp new concepts.
- Function Point often provided reports that were inaccurate due to bad calculations. The support team would work with us to troubleshoot these issues, but the fact remained that calculations were wrong.
- Function Point was purchased by a new parent company that increased prices over their nearest, superior, competitor, pricing themselves out of the market.
- Function Point's interface is dated, as is its code base.
- New features are being implemented not as software revisions or upgrades, but as new for-pay features.
Read Scott Millen's full review
At this time I can make no recommendations for Function Point. Unless the owners invest in updating and upgrading the platform, and revisit its current pricing structure, there is no reason to choose this software. UNLESS you are dedicated to QuickBooks. Then there may be a case to use the system.
August 17, 2019
Score 8 out of 10
Our agency uses Function Point for a variety of purposes and across the entire organization. It is how we manage projects, enter time and estimate projects. We have it integrated with QuickBooks for billing and use it for in-depth analysis of profitability, forecasting and resource allocation. It is highly intuitive and provides us with the advanced analysis abilities that we were lacking with our previous solution.
- Financial analysis and reporting is one of the tool's primary differentiators
- Function Point has tremendous support and is very helpful when we have questions or issues
- Time tracking and project management is also very solid
- Estimating, statements of work and new project setup is very easy
- While it includes a CRM of sorts, the functionality is not what you would get from a stand alone CRM like Salesforce, or even Hubspot CRM
- It would be nice if it had more out of the box integrations, specifically for marketing automation platforms
- While it is easy to use, it requires a lot of training and there is definitely a learning curve
Read this authenticated review
Function Point is well suited for marketing, digital and advertising agencies, including small, medium and large. It has a lot of features that are useful and you can "grow into" some of the features that you may not use right away. It is probably more than is needed for a really small agency of less than 10 people.
We implemented FunctionPoint company-wide in February 2019. After approximately 3 months, we are satisfied with the resulting intel—cross-departmental clarity of resource allocation and clear project paths. As we move forward into the billing integration phase, I am very hopeful that the ability to track expenses with the jobs and enter all fees and estimates will streamline our month-end process considerably.
Read Adrienne Mansfield Straub's full review
For small to medium-sized agencies, it works great. We are particularly fast turn, so we needed something nimble and simple to keep things moving. Given the alternatives we tested, the front-end setup on jobs is streamlined and efficient, allowing for clarity on the full scope of the project, without slowing down the process of getting jobs into the creative queue.
October 11, 2017
Score 10 out of 10
With our agency growing, we were looking for a project management software that would allow our agency to manage internal tasks for clients, better estimate projects and track project spending/budgets, and to track and manage billable time. We found that Function Point was one of the only options that gave us everything we needed without being overwhelming for the team to learn. It is used by our whole company.
Read Julia Gould's full review
I think Function Point would be suitable for any organization of any size looking to get a better handle on their internal tasks to get a better idea of who is working on what. It is very effective and easy to use for project estimating and budgeting. I don't think it is a great program for lead management. We've been trying to use it for that but are having some issues.
August 30, 2016
Score 9 out of 10
FunctionPoint is used company wide to create estimates, translate estimates into jobs and schedules and eventually into individual tasks. Our sales team uses it to create statements of work for clients, and every employee uses it to track time every day. FunctionPoint provides a solution to the gaps between sales and execution of work for our organization. As an agency, tracking time is everything. FunctionPoint makes it easy for every employee to make sure that the right amount of time is tracked to the right place and billed at the right time.
- Time tracking - like several time tracking solutions, FP uses a clock that will track in real time so that you do not need to remember how long you worked on a project to input later.
- Dashboards - I love FP's dashboards that let me track my personal utilization, the utilization of my team members and all of my open tasks.
- Reporting - FP's reports provide insight organization-wide into how we are doing and where we (as an organization) are spending our time. As with any reporting, though, it is important to manage the cleanliness of your data to make the reporting useful.
- Project based billing - when a project is fixed bid, the only way for us to track this accurately in FP dollars is to bill the number of hours equal to the dollar amount which may inflate or under-represent the number of actual hours worked.
- Kanban - FP lacks a Kanban board for moving tasks through a workflow in a visually meaningful way.
- Shared tasks - sometimes two people need to work on the same task at the same time. FP makes this difficult because each task can only be owned by one person at a time, so it needs to be passed back and forth.
Read this authenticated review
FunctionPoint (FP) is great for agencies performing any type of task oriented work. If your workflow cannot be broken down into a set of outlined and easy to define tasks (even if the output of the task is abstract) then FunctionPoint would be difficult to implement. FunctionPoint is fantastic at defining scope in an engagement and forcing those who execute the work to stay within that scope if tasks are well-defined. If your work requires a lot of group collaboration and sharing of tasks, you may struggle with FunctionPoint's inability to share a single task simultaneously.
Function Point Productivity Software Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Function Point Productivity Software
Function Point is a project management software built specifically for ad agencies, design studios, and marketing departments.
Categories: Project Management
Function Point Productivity Software Technical Details