Overall Satisfaction with Function Point Productivity Software
Function Point was implemented in our organization as an integrated project management and financial system. Function Point integrates with QuickBooks Desktop AND Online, and our accounting manager found this very appealing. Project Managers use the system to schedule and manage projects. Creatives use it to manage projects and input time against projects. I used it to provide consolidated financial and performance information.
- Function Point will help you manage your marketing and advertising projects, and will give you insights and data that are actionable.
- Function Point has some of the best customer support agents I've ever worked with.
- Function Point will work with you to implement your software, and are patient as you grasp new concepts.
- Function Point often provided reports that were inaccurate due to bad calculations. The support team would work with us to troubleshoot these issues, but the fact remained that calculations were wrong.
- Function Point was purchased by a new parent company that increased prices over their nearest, superior, competitor, pricing themselves out of the market.
- Function Point's interface is dated, as is its code base.
- New features are being implemented not as software revisions or upgrades, but as new for-pay features.
- Function Point helped us move from separate systems into one semi-integrated system, proving that integration was efficient and important.
- Function Point was so bug-riddled that it cost us days and weeks in lost productivity.
Function Point is a semi-integrated systems that plays well with QuickBooks as a standard. It is more difficult to implement than FreshBooks and Teamwork, but more robust and feature rich. Its interface is a decade or more behind these tools however. Function Point does much more than Basecamp, which is a simple project management tool.
The support team is one of the friendliest and most responsive I've ever worked with. They are hobbled, however, by a software implementation backlog, buggy software, and a pricing structure that will drive you away.
Do you think Function Point Productivity Software delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Function Point Productivity Software's feature set?
Did Function Point Productivity Software live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Function Point Productivity Software go as expected?
Would you buy Function Point Productivity Software again?
At this time I can make no recommendations for Function Point. Unless the owners invest in updating and upgrading the platform, and revisit its current pricing structure, there is no reason to choose this software. UNLESS you are dedicated to QuickBooks. Then there may be a case to use the system.