Skip to main content
HPE Networking Switches

HPE Networking Switches

What is HPE Networking Switches?

HPE Networking Switches (formerly branded HP ProCurve) is Hewlett-Packard Enterprise's network / LAN switching option.

TrustRadius Insights

HP switches are widely used across various locations, including data centers, remote offices, and manufacturing equipment, making them a …

What is HPE Networking Switches?

HPE Networking Switches Technical Details

Attribute Ratings

Incentivized
  • Well priced. There's something for all budgets.
  • Choice of managed and unmanaged models. Not all of our customers require (or want to pay for) managed switches, but many do.
  • Tons of features on the higher end models.
  • I'd love to see some form of command-line access and management be introduced to the lower-end models. That's pretty much goes for all manufacturers, to be fair.
  • Some of the models with fans can be quite loud. This won't be much of a problem if it's tucked away in a server room with other equipment, but you should do some research if you want something for the office.
  • Multiple product lines and large variety of models can lead to some overlap in product choice. This isn't a bad thing as such, but if you mix product lines you lose some of the benefits of having unified management tools, etc.
Incentivized
  • They have a great warranty, and we rarely need to use it.
  • Always been professional class even on the lower end models. Giving us the management and control we wanted.
  • Ease of management. The combination of GUI, and command menu, made learning to manage HP switches easy.
  • The Enterprise management software always seemed less intuitive than the default software.
  • More of the parts could be supported across a wider variety of models.
  • Add-on modules should be cheaper than buying a new switch with modules already installed. So they could really do to serve their customers better with pricing options.
Thayer Ramahi | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • L2/L3 switches
  • Easy to configure using Command line, GUI or cloud
  • Lifetime support on all components
  • Excellent local technical support
  • Reasonable prices
  • No compatibility issues with Cisco or Meraki
  • Amazing low fan noise
  • Nothing we can think of, except I wish they had the stacking cable done on the back of the switches.
Jeff Allen | TrustRadius Reviewer
Incentivized
  • Quality: The HP switches are built very well. In the 12 years that I have been working with Procurve, I have deployed them in challenging environments. Some of these environments include manufacturing plants, rooms where ventilation is somewhat poor, causing the switch to work at warmer temps, and inside of control panels for various engineering projects located in hot deserts. These switches have lasted me for 10+ years. 6-Months ago I had to replace a switch for a friend that was installed in 2010. The switch was still working when we pulled it from the rack, we just needed to move to a POE model.
  • Dependability: Working with HP switches, I have never had issues with lockups, unknown transmission, dead ports, or firmware updates. Once you put one in, it stays up until you are ready to replace it.
  • Affordable: My motivation of going with HP is because I don't care for the cost of Cisco or the need for a proprietary training. I am a big fan of the open platform. This means that we are able to deploy these quicker, save money on the expense, and have a greater range of support. We get everything we need from a modern switch, without breaking the bank.
  • The product itself is great! Where I would like to see a major improvement is the HP web site. The ability to find firmware images or other resources could be a lot easier.
  • Would love a software or tools that streamlined the upgrade of the firmware. Not that it is hard now, but something that would work in the middle for getting the new firmware, and then pushing it to the switch.