MindManager is a mind mapping tool that aims to boost the user's productivity. It helps with planning of any type of project.https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/G0/tH/IK72TUPKZR3A.JPEGBrainstorming and Collaboration becomes easyMindManager is my "go to" brainstorming tool. Love organizing my thoughts, strategies, and projects as they expand out from the center goal. The visual definitely promotes my thought creativity. It is a personal tool, as I share it with others, but we have not yet used it as an enterprise tool in our small house non-profit.,Strategic Planning Brainstorming Process Mapping Project Planning,Structural organization of thought Easy to share complex ideas with others when visualized and aligned to the center goal Captures brainstorming in the best way for continued use in later planning sessions,Controlling the object spacing on the page Works well as is for our current use,1 to 10,10,Communication between people with differing objectives increased Clarity of thought comes very quickly and is captured for future action Presentation allows others to join the thought process and follow the connected activities or projects,Most of our use is in brainstorming, project planning, and goal alignment. This makes it my first tool in strategic planning or cross-functional projects, as team members need to see where their focus fits into the whole. For example, we focus on human services and care systems, but MindManager gives me a tool to validate and connect other key business objectives that support and sustain our primary mission, and team buy-in is key.,The best software you did not know you neededI use MindManager to brainstorm ideas, manage projects and track activities within the company. It helps to visualise the ideas/projects and mostly keeps the team engaged and focused on the goals.,Brainstorming Process Mapping Knowledge Management Meeting Management Problem Solving Task and Project Management Project Planning,MindManager is great for setting up work dashboards, so you can easily track various projects/processes & keep the team involved. This process really helps to free up mind space to work on more taxing processes. Brainstorming is wonderful with MindManager, the team get involved especially if you have it up on a large screen, Ideas start to flow & before you know it you have a set of solutions/ideas that can then be further examined. Project Management is very well looked after in MindManager from integrating all the brainstorming process through to doing work Breakdown structure and right through the project life cycle. The Gantt chart function is pretty good although the Enterprise version is far better & apart from very large projects you can track projects all in one piece of software (I do miss enterprise & wish there could be single license).,Enterprise Gantt features would be a good start. Gantt features being refined such as being able to add name convention to taskbars, some more format options. I have only recently had the new & very much improved MM 2019 & a lot of features I was looking for have been added.,1 to 10,10,It has a streamlined work process and freed up a huge amount of capacity.,I have set up work dashboards and process diagrams via flowcharts and as they can be modified as improvements are found or changes happen then this is very easily dealt with keeping the whole documentation relevant.,MindJet is a Versitile Note Taking/Brainstorming/Visual Outlining Jack of All TradesMy team uses Mindjet to collect and organize notes during discovery, gap analysis and other systems architecture-related meetings in order to best organize and present summaries of discussions, document features lists and next steps It's also used to document proposed system specifications, org charts and occasionally process timelines,Brainstorming Process Mapping Education & Training Knowledge Management Meeting Management Problem Solving Task and Project Management Project Planning,Presents outlines in an easy-to-digest format Can reveal structure and relationships that other tools (IE: Excel, Word, Visio) cannot Takes large problems and logically breaks them down into less-intimidating bite-sized tasks,Mindjet for MacOS is relatively slow and buggy compared with its Windows big brother - which is too bad. Our organization (medical school; medical research) is largely Mac-based - educators and business communications professionals are largely Mac users. A feature-identical client for MacOS would be welcome. I would be able to install 20 seats if this product were in the $50 - $80/seat range - where it is priced (even for education) right now I am able to maintain 3-4 seats.,I’m not sure,9,Improved business communications - mindjet is a visual outliner that can present lots of information in a compact format perfect for consumption by business peers & senior leadership Better note taker: items in meetings often come out incomplete, disjointed and unorganized. grabbing everything in Mindjet and then taking time later to organize into groups/hierarchies and make notes of relationships, add in links to external resources (etc.) is something I haven't been able to do in any other single tool,(already described in detail previously) Mindjet is great for documenting business systems, business process steps at the checklist/SOP level, cataloging related information and then rearranging later.,OneNote, Microsoft Visio and OmniGraffleMind Manager is the catalyst for rapid course design and developmentI use MindManager to plan all my courses. MindManager facilitates non linear thinking (which in reality is how most courses get built.). This means that I can jump in and out of different courses that are at different stages of development. Mind maps are the main type of diagram that I produce. The ability to collect information in different forms against the various parts of the diagram is invaluable to the data collection and prioritization part of course development. I also use MindManager to build concept maps and onion diagrams or venn diagrams when necessary. The ability to publish my mind map as an html page without writing a single line of code is also another great feature. This gives me maximum flexibility when disseminating information to my team. I also use the direct to word document and power point presentation quite frequently. Finally the other hidden gem in MindManager is that there is a template for querying your desktop outlook. If you get a lot of email then this is a tool for you, to boost your productivity. We currently use MindManager in one department but others have taken interest. I highly recommend MindManager !,Strategic Planning Brainstorming Process Mapping Education & Training Enterprise Collaboration Knowledge Management Meeting Management Problem Solving Task and Project Management Project Planning,Planning and Data Collection. - You can attach multiple types of documents, links and pictures to the various parts of your diagrams. Brainstorming - You can follow your mind wherever it needs to go with the flexibility of the diagrams that Mind Manager contains alongside the Brainstorming wizard that it contains. Publishing - MindManager's ability to publish into a variety of commonly used formats is unparalleled.,You should be able to connect to Sharepoint from the desktop version. Currently this only exists for those organizations that use the Enterprise version. Mind manager should be able to connect to GIS software directly. It would be great to link geo - enabled content to my Mind Maps and Concept maps. Start with establishing business relationships to ESRI Canada and Boundless. Please add auto bibliography capability.,1 to 10,10,Saved time. Improved quality. Improved accessibility of information. Vastly improved data collection and visualization.,It has enabled me to rapidly communicate my thoughts about the design of a course to other colleagues. It also enables us to hammer out a skeleton design for a course in as little as an hour. The real strength is the ability it gives you to maximize the data collection between two or more people within the precious half hour or hour that has been set aside for that week's meeting.,researcher/phd studentI used it personally for brain storming, recording notes, and research project management.,Brainstorming Education & Training Knowledge Management Problem Solving Task and Project Management,It offers a clear - quick way to create Mindmaps. The windows version - with the addition of properties and calculations - offers a visually clear way to work with numeric values.,Better Mac compatibility. Need to implement a Buzan's style map where data sits on curved colorful lines. Simpler way of dealing with numeric data.,I’m not sure,8,As a researcher i have found it great for working through Notty conceptual problems.,As an interdisciplinary researcher, I have found MindManager very helpful for thinking through how different research methodologies can work with each other.,XmindUniversity Researcher's ReviewI am part of a research group at The University of Texas at Dallas, under the supervision of Prof. Chadwin Young. We purchased MindManager for our group to track our projects, put together brainstorm ideas, and schedule our testing plans. It allows everyone to see the big picture of a project as well as keep track of its tasks.,Strategic Planning Brainstorming Process Mapping Task and Project Management Project Planning,Visually helps understand how each tasks depends on another. Provides a project timelines for all project members to follow. Allows major ideas/tasks/deliverables to be all in one place.,Allow for more flexibility with adding topic lines to anywhere on a topic box. Provide more flexibility with color coding topic boxes, lines, etc. Provide the ability to collapse/expand all subtopics at once.,1 to 10,10,Saved time. Accessibility of information. Improved quality.,We have been able to visually show our project ideas/timeline/tasks in a very structured manner. For example, our projects have certain deliverables and we are able to easily track them using MindManager.MindManager ReviewMindManager is being used by our Operations team to construct visually compelling project diagrams. These diagrams will assist both technical and non-technical employees understand the goals and requirements of complex systems. Our Human Resources team is preparing to recreate cumbersome corporate organizational charts developed in Microsoft Word to MindManager.,Brainstorming Project Planning,Ease of use creating compelling visualizations Easy to deploy for IT Both PC and Mac compatibility,Gant charts missing from Mac version Mobile support Cost,1 to 10,9,Saved time creating Saved time understanding/explaining complex systems Improved information gathering,We are still new with utilizing all of the features of MindManager.,Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office 365Go to solution for initial High Level project brainstorming.I, as project manager use MindManager to capture the initial high level scope of a new project, demonstrate the high level use case and design of proposed solution.,Brainstorming Process Mapping Problem Solving Task and Project Management,Provides a great visual to full team including stakeholders of the high level look and feel of solution. Expansion and contraction of stories are simple to follow. Connecting arrows help see interaction between actors in a project.,More Agile development friendly, example quick way to set project management streams for Backlog, in Progress, Done or Blocking. More variation in template options. Good for conceptual views but could improve on implementation options of project planning.,I’m not sure,8,Enable stakeholders to visualize the project use cases. Quickly identify any areas that needed prioritizing in project. Good reference doc to return to during project development.,I have used MindManager to develop Use case stories and also for high level design and process flow diagrams. Great for keeping notes and linking relevant attachments such as webs pages to user story bullet points. Acting as an initial point of reference for all stakeholders and project team members.,MindManager for Successful Project ManagementMindManager is a quick way to brainstorm how tasks will be organized. I use it in my current project to provide a visual of how items will move through various systems within the company. I love the fact that it is very intuitive and attendees of a meeting are not preoccupied or confused by the application, but ready to provide input to see where the ideas will take us. I really appreciate the way the notes feature is constructed; it allows me to add quite a bit of information for each item.,Strategic Planning Brainstorming Process Mapping Knowledge Management Problem Solving Task and Project Management Project Planning,The tool is intuitive and flexible. When you open multiple saved pages, they appear as multiple tabs instead of as separate documents. This makes it much easier to manage if you are sharing your screen during a meeting. MindManager has worked to build our process flows via brainstorming sessions; it is very easy to then utilize the outcome to track ongoing processes. For project management, it is useful because it allows us to document deliverables in a clear and concise manner.,I have not found any needed improvements thus far.,I’m not sure,10,Track Objectives Improved Quality,I have used it to visualize and track processes and documents. The team does not have to revisit the changes that have occurred as the project progresses, because the map clearly identifies those changes. They can review the notes if they have questions about any item in the diagram.,Well-structured presentation using MindManager.I was using MindManager for my school subject in my DNP program with Arizona State University. I was using it also as part of my job at work. Mostly I was using MindManager to help me in my leadership role as a nurse.,Task and Project Management,It is able to show difficult or connecting links between factors in a project management. It allows connecting links between several factors and not just only simple connections but several links could be attributed. Presentation is better compared to simple connections with Power Point.,Too much emphasis on links sometimes confuses the reader. There should be a better presentation done in a simpler manner.,1 to 10,10,It is able to improved accessibility or better access to information.,Ideas are well presented and help users identify some roles or factors to be presented in a better structure.,MindManager user for 11 years, and it keeps getting better every yearMindManager is being used as a data collection tool in our brainstorming sessions with consulting clients where thoughts are quickly gathered. MindManager allows us to collate and sort our ideas into a visual structure that then we can develop the strategy for the client. The software allows us to share in multiple platforms with the ability for revision and continuous feedback.,Strategic Planning Brainstorming Process Mapping Meeting Management Problem Solving,Visual display Collaboration Template library,Inking,1 to 10,10,It's our goto visual tool for brainstorming Improved our meetings' efficiencyMindManager Makes Managing MindfulCurrently, due to the size and nature of our nonprofit, I am the sole user. I plan to develop other users. I use it for brainstorming, organizing projects and creating flowcharts/organizational charts. I am a huge fan of the ability to grab and move items easily to create up-to-the-minute work flows.,Strategic Planning Brainstorming Process Mapping Problem Solving Task and Project Management Project Planning,Organizational Charts - more flexible than other programs and allows for easy movement between areas. Venn Diagrams - Super as a training/explanation tool for teaching or educating donors and staff. SWOT and Matrix - allows us to drill down on issues - link to other maps and documents.,Swim Lanes - very important style for process management.,1 to 10,10,Saved time and stress trying to get a different program to do what MindManager does out of the box.,Our clients are classified in three groups, but often overlap into another group - the VENN diagram allowed my staff to understand this visually and then were able to be more comfortable in determining classification without worry that it may be "slightly off". Rolled out an organization structure redesign - Org Chart and Workflow documents provided dynamic and visually strong training materials.,Microsoft VisioMindManager Manages Your MindMindManager is being used by key personnel in a lab group to keep track of the status of several ongoing research experiments. It allowed us to access relevant data and keep tabs on the progress.,Strategic Planning Process Mapping Task and Project Management Project Planning,MindManager is well suited for project management for someone who is juggling multiple tasks. It allows for visual organization, status checks, and attachments of pertinent files to specific tasks for easier accessibility. MindManager maps can also be shared with other people who have MindManager, allowing for collaboration within a group or company. is great for creating flow charts to visualize organizational flow. MindManager helps me keep my tasks organized and keep track of the status of certain projects. A great feature is that MindManager allows attachments of files on my computer to specific task points, making it easier to find relevant data for a project.,MindManager is not very user-friendly and can be difficult to learn how to utilize the entire program. The interface appears outdated compared to other mind mapping programs out there. MindManager is still a little pricey for what it is.,1 to 10,5,MindManager has improved accessibility of information. MindManager has improved collaboration within my group with it's sharing abilities. MindManager has improved my project management.,At one point, I was juggling nine different projects and supervising training and other projects for twelve other personnel. MindManager allowed me to keep track of the status of my personnel's training and projects, as well as the status of my own projects. I was able to visually organize everything onto my map. My favorite feature was the ability to attach files from my computer to specific tasks on my map, making these files easily accessible.,Google DriveMindManager makes you be a better manager!MindManager has been used within the program portfolio, with more than 20 projects running simultaneously. The projects are being implemented by a team of more than 100 people in a multidisciplinary team. Besides being the repository of official information to be reported to donors, it keeps track of daily activities since we use its maps functionality for this matter. It also serves as a repository of administrative processes and operational activities.,Strategic Planning Process Mapping Enterprise Collaboration Knowledge Management Meeting Management Problem Solving Task and Project Management Project Planning,Efficient collaboration tool and document version tracking. Mindjet keeps track of all the versions edited by users, so you can tell who was the last editing the document. The way maps and flowcharts are created so easily. The templates library is very handy and helps you organize your ideas in a proper way. Helps to organize and prioritize tasks within a medium sized team,Download documents without the need to open each of the documents Copy-paste folders and their contents into another location The server went off several times this year,101 to 500,9,Reduce reporting time by 25% A tracking system for documentation of learned lessons The team can overview their participation within the portfolio,MindManager definitely helped us organize within a complex reporting system, where in most of the cases the reporting deadlines overlapped because of the nature of the projects. The tool helped to structure the work and tasks so users can visualize their complete annual planning. The processing time was reduced because of the option to "open' and "close" access to folders. The maps helped form task forces, when needed and immediate action was required. This way when the meeting was necessary, we could have the full picture of where we were and what was left to be done, and could establish specific actions.,,Yes,10,No,Yes, we asked for the payment invoice in advance this year due to the financial end of the year closure and they did the best they could to grant us this option. So, we were able to anticipate the next year's payment. Besides that, they let us know about the recurrent payments so we can include them in the invoice and pay for them too. We were also able to pay for extra licenses.MindManager is an excellent tool to plan, develop and implement your organization's ideas, concepts and projects.Used by my Department for budget planning and visual project management. MindManager is excellent for visual planning and for presentation to stake holders. I use both the Mac and Windows version. I would like to see an iOS version that would work on the iPad with close to full parity of function with the Windows version. The Mac version is getting closer to feature parity with the Windows version but is missing key features, which makes it frustrating for users.,Strategic Planning Brainstorming Process Mapping Task and Project Management Project Planning,Provides an excellent way to visualize your projects and timelines. Allows full integration of Excel spreadsheet data (Windows only). Allows searching and filtering of complex maps. Allows effective icon and task management elements to your map. Excellent starter templates and map types.,MacOS and iOS fully functionality and feature set. Most important request. Allow a more integrated and incremental update process. A lot of the time I need to call Mindjet support to get the correct upgrade version. Allow integration with cloud services such as AWS, iCloud and IBM.,11 to 50,9,Allows us to more actually plan and share business ideas and concepts. To quickly map out an idea or process for discussion. Excellent document and web asset management features.,Improved our budget planning and tracking.Visual layout complex and time dependent projects.Effectively communicate ideas and concepts both internally and externally.Effective archival and storage of previous ideas and plans.,Use of MindManager for College Course Design and DeliveryI've used MindManager for over a decade now, mostly as an organizational tool to develop courses and my own writing projects. I don't know much about its competitors but MindManager, especially in the last few years has really hit a home run with its ability to quickly and easily publish maps. I have delivered course content in many different ways over the years. But providing students with a simple map rather than a website has been a game changer for me. I am what I describe as a technophilic Luddite, that is someone who digs technology but keenly aware that as cool as it is it can actually be a major distraction, especially to students focused on a subject like philosophy, and in my case medical ethics. Throwing out a map with nothing there but the map tree is perfect for doing everything I need to do with my students online. Student reports are glowing. One thing I especially appreciate is how easy it is to modify everything about the map, to insert links, to provide an assignment portal, to connect with our course blog, etc. While I've always liked MindManger, I now can't work without it.,Education & Training,Biggest feature is the ability to quickly publish a map for use in collaborations with students. It is also possible to directly collaborate on maps with others, though the capabilities of that feature are somewhat limited. Very easy to organize every dimension of one's ideas. Throw everything out there and then hook stuff up. That's the best way, for me, to write or organize virtually any project.,Only one... There should be an easy way to quickly backup up to the local drive all maps in the online mindjet map depository. An easy add for your brilliant engineers, I'm sure. :),11 to 50,10,Changed the way I teach. That says a lot.,I use it to structure and distribute everything associated with my courses.We use it all the time in meetings at workIt was being used almost daily in status meetings and brainstorming sessions. It was mostly just used by the engineers. We had templates set up to help meetings go smoothly. I also used it personally to keep track of all the things I was working on throughout the week. It addresses the need for a clear simple useful tool to convey ideas.,Strategic Planning Brainstorming Meeting Management Problem Solving Task and Project Management Project Planning,I like how there is no limit to page size or levels of ideas that you are able to create. I like how the program easily creates nice clean PDFs. I like that you can automatically balance the mind map so that the objects are evenly spaced.,For new people some of the key combinations could be hard to remember for shortcuts. Maybe there could be some sort of one page explanation on how to get the most of out of the program. Reminders on how to use certain features could be useful every once in a while.,11 to 50,7,It keeps meetings on track daily. It has improved clarity and communication between management and workers. It increases efficiency because employees have a useful tool they can rely on to do parts of their work.,It is mostly useful for us in meeting because it allows everyone to see more visually what is being presented. It is easy to edit mind maps on the go so that feedback in meetings can be immediately incorporated into certain diagrams. Brainstorming meetings can benefit in particular from this tool.,MindManager is great for managing "Agile" projectsAt my location, Mindmanager is used only in the engineering department to manage engineering projects. As far as I know no other departments are using this software. I believe other locations use it but I don't know for what purpose or to what extent. The business problem it addresses is the setup, control and monitoring of project activities. Mindmanager is the tool that provides an easy and efficient way to manage short and medium range "agile" type projects while at the same time serves as a repository of key project related information.,Process Mapping Problem Solving Task and Project Management Project Planning,Easy to setup project templates with the typical steps or activities required, including typical responsibilities and activity duration. Very flexible and easy to use. Adding, eliminating and modifying activities is a breeze. Completed projects contain links to as much key information as required related to the project. This facilitates project evaluation at completion and auditing.,When I create a project template that includes links to other template files, for example published review check off lists, there is a manual process required to open the template, save it in another location and re-link the final file. I wish there was an automatic way of doing this. I wish there was a way to make changes to the relationship between activities through the Gantt chart.,1 to 10,10,Saves time, by allowing setting up projects quickly from established templates, by allowing quick changes on activities and by allowing the user to easily spot timing issues during all phases of the project. Saves money, by reducing the need to react to unexpected situations or unforeseen issues. Unplanned reactive actions result on higher resource utilization compared to proactive actions. Improved greatly the access to information. Documents that are considered the backbone of the project, SOPs, for example are linked in the templates. So user's can access them quickly. New documentation that is generated can easily be linked. Both of this actions are critical during ISO 9001 and similar audits.,Before using MindManager we would rely on memory or simpler aids to start and keep track of projects or similar activities. Relying on memory or too simple aids to keep track of projects resulted on non-uniform results across the team. Some people are better than others to keep track of the tasks they need to do. The degree of experience also plays an important role. By using MindManager, we as a team, have established templates by visually looking at the necessary activities' required from beginning to end. Once the templates are used to reflect real projects, it is easy to see timing issues and it is easy for to monitor progress. The Gantt chart is an example of an invaluable visual aid, it shows in real time in an objective manner, where at the project we really are.,Using MindManager in academic researchI run an academic research lab. I use it to plan my days, weeks and quarters e.g. I have a map called "Today" that keeps me on track along with a new map for each week that tracks more goals. I also have maps for the overall lab goals. I often use maps to help brainstorm and outline new grants and papers that I'm writing.,Brainstorming Process Mapping Task and Project Management Project Planning,I use it often to brainstorm and then arrange the topics into an outline. It's a very easy, graphical and flexible way to setup a to do list for both short and long term projects. I have also started using the flowchart capabilities to details experimental plans.,I would like to be able to select several topics and group them, then color them as a group. Right when I select a set of topics and select Boundary, each topic gets its own boundary. I would like an easier process to customize my maps e.g. with specific fonts, colors, etc. I know that this can be done, but I would like it to be easier. In the latest version I'm having trouble linking to Outlook emails. This may be due to a change in outlook, but it is a capability that I really miss.,1 to 10,9,It definitely helps me efficiently manage and track my projects and tasks. During meetings, I often generate maps rather than to do lists which adds some valuable structure. These maps then help my students and post-docs design and execute new experiments. Mindmaps have been an invaluable way to keep track of notes and ideas - much better than documents or pieces of paper that get lost in a pile. I have very little need for post-it notes to stick around my office when I can add brief notes & ideas to my dashboard map.,When I am writing a grant or paper, I often start by brainstorming ideas onto a map. This eventually turns into an outline which lets me then open up a Word document with a clear direction. The ability to move things around is very important and a clear advantage over generating an outline within a word processing program.,14 years in my toolset and still countingMindManager is being used by the department. I asked to work with it when I started my position at GJC and we bought licenses for everyone in the team (9). I use it to brainstorm, organise ideas and have a conversation with the same vision. At the beginning of a project, I use it to group tasks by subject and to make sure everyone agrees. I also used it to manage projects before we switch to another tool.,Brainstorming Project Planning,The export in HTML allows me to share a nice and navigable version of the mindmap with people who don't have MindManager. A mindmap is intuitive for everyone, no need to explain when first use. MindManager is easy to learn because it shares a lot with MS Office in the way to use it. MindManager has great templates to start with.,The dependency arrows don't snap at the best place on a topic. I always move them at the end of a topic, for both ends. They are easier to see like this. The icon style (e.g. emoji) could be nicer. In the last version, the map theme editor got great improvement with the easy editor, however, there should be a way to get it even easier.,1 to 10,9,Get everyone on the same page.,I use MindManager to visualize and structure information every time I start working on something new. It helps me to get the whole picture before digging in the subject. For example, I was asked to create a management dashboard with a lot of indicators and measures. I used MindManager with the director in order to get all the requirements, to group and sort them. Finally, she prioritized the important ones knowing what was left to wait.MindManager transformed our processes.MindManager is great, it allows our teams to do value stream mapping easily. It also is able to be used for making network maps of our corporate infrastructure. I would recommend this product to anyone - it was a great move to make switching from Visio to MindManager. This has made our team more effective and productive.,Strategic Planning Brainstorming Process Mapping Enterprise Collaboration,Value stream mapping Easy to use Easy to deploy from an it level Great service,Slightly high priced,11 to 50,9,Save time Save cost on production Generate revenue,We have used this to create flow charts to help customer service.,Microsoft VisioMindManager: Good for Business, Good For YouMindManager is being used by our CEO and his direct reports for idea building and brainstorming.,Strategic Planning Brainstorming Process Mapping Meeting Management,MindManager handles brainstorming very well. MindManager handles concept maps very well MindManager handles problem solving analysis very well,MindManager could use some better features around onboarding for newer users,11 to 50,8,MindManager has saved us time in the idea formulation stage,We have benefited from the ability to add structure to mainline ideas. Being able to visualize this information helps team members gain a better understanding of the underlying concepts.,MindManager - Best in the businessI currently use it to track thought processes and team discussions as well as forecast work initiatives. Today it is used by select groups in my org and there are features missing that I wish it had.,Strategic Planning Process Mapping Knowledge Management Project Planning,Grouping ideas and concepts Categorization of prioritized tasks Plays nice with other tools (web browser, and ms word etc),I am really missing the capabilities to do timelines and customize shapes of flow charts. There is not a large selection of templates in the app to use.,I’m not sure,9,I have deffinately saved time It has really helped me organize my thoughts and comments from others,I use it to break out rally features outside of the tool and add notes and comments for later review. It also is a great tool for knowledge transfers and webinars in tracking discussion points.,This product has helped Manage my Mind for more than 15 yearsMindManager is used mainly by me to brainstorm problems, outline presentations and diagram certain organizational issues. I have not found my coworkers, over the years, to readily adopt it themselves and thus have not used the collaborative tools.,Strategic Planning Brainstorming Process Mapping Problem Solving,Outlining oral or written presentations: the ability to throw ideas onto the map and then organize and reorganize them is really efficient. Brainstorming complicated problems, process improvement: the ability to capture large numbers of pain points, ideas, questions and categorize and prioritize them is very effective for us. Process tracking: have used the gantt chart functionality to track process improvement efforts.,At this point, I do not have any suggestions.,I’m not sure,10,Although I think MindManager is especially suited to individuals who think "visually," and this does not describe a large fraction of my colleagues, I do believe that the ability to map issues out in a visual presentation has improved communication across the organization. There is no question that my own individual use of MindManager to map out problems and propose and prioritize solutions has saved time, improved efficiency and allowed process improvement within the organization.,We have used MindManager to capture several Lean process improvement projects from start to finish, including prioritizing tasks and tracking progress. I believe it is particularly suited to this brainstorm-dependent exercise.,Short and sweetWe use mainly for our planning sessions to define workflows in our business. We have used it at R&D sessions to validate few ideas. Also as checklist for onboarding program.,Strategic Planning Brainstorming Education & Training Knowledge Management Meeting Management Project Planning,Easy to use and edit existing mindmaps which attracts many new users to signup. Ability to share across HTML and embed in SharePoint is great feature. The use of checklist option for our onboarding program is quite useful.,Web version still not very stable. Good use more Online training and webinars. More technical savvy sales team.,1 to 10,9,Great for communicating workflows. Training Strategic planning.,
Windows, Mac

Do you use this product? Write a Review
Dan DeSaegher, CFRE profile photo

Brainstorming and Collaboration becomes easy

• Structural organization of thought
  • Easy to share complex ideas with others when visualized and aligned to the center goal
  • Captures brainstorming in the best way for continued use in later planning sessions
  • Controlling the object spacing on the page
  • Works well as is for our current use
Excellent for personal or team brainstorming. The simple method of organizing and projects and activities as spider chart of connected thoughts ensures better alignment for both myself and for a team. It gives everyone input, while challenging the root need of alignment with the higher level goals. Powerful in its simplicity and ease of use.
Read Dan DeSaegher, CFRE's full review
Sean Cannon profile photo
November 23, 2018

The best software you did not know you needed

• MindManager is great for setting up work dashboards, so you can easily track various projects/processes & keep the team involved.
  • This process really helps to free up mind space to work on more taxing processes.
  • Brainstorming is wonderful with MindManager, the team get involved especially if you have it up on a large screen, Ideas start to flow & before you know it you have a set of solutions/ideas that can then be further examined.
  • Project Management is very well looked after in MindManager from integrating all the brainstorming process through to doing work Breakdown structure and right through the project life cycle.
  • The Gantt chart function is pretty good although the Enterprise version is far better & apart from very large projects you can track projects all in one piece of software (I do miss enterprise & wish there could be single license).
  • Enterprise Gantt features would be a good start.
  • Gantt features being refined such as being able to add name convention to taskbars, some more format options.
  • I have only recently had the new & very much improved MM 2019 & a lot of features I was looking for have been added.
It is so well suited to our process and I would find it hard to think where it would not be useful/productive and such a fun programme to use. About the biggest problem you are likely to face (myself included) is how best utilise the many features. There are so many good combinations/options, but so far as with any creative work you just have to start putting in on-screen and before you know you have achieved an amazing amount of work.
Read Sean Cannon's full review
Paul Thompson profile photo
November 23, 2018

• Presents outlines in an easy-to-digest format
  • Can reveal structure and relationships that other tools (IE: Excel, Word, Visio) cannot
  • Takes large problems and logically breaks them down into less-intimidating bite-sized tasks
  • Mindjet for MacOS is relatively slow and buggy compared with its Windows big brother - which is too bad. Our organization (medical school; medical research) is largely Mac-based - educators and business communications professionals are largely Mac users. A feature-identical client for MacOS would be welcome.
  • I would be able to install 20 seats if this product were in the $50 - $80/seat range - where it is priced (even for education) right now I am able to maintain 3-4 seats.
Appropriate: brainstorming; gathering unstructured information to organize into visual outlines; illustrating systems + hierarchy + relationships

Inappropriate: workflows, timelines (use Visio)
Read Paul Thompson's full review
Kevin Crichlow profile photo
November 16, 2018

Mind Manager is the catalyst for rapid course design and development

We currently use MindManager in one department but others have taken interest.

I highly recommend MindManager !
  • Planning and Data Collection. - You can attach multiple types of documents, links and pictures to the various parts of your diagrams.
  • Brainstorming - You can follow your mind wherever it needs to go with the flexibility of the diagrams that Mind Manager contains alongside the Brainstorming wizard that it contains.
  • Publishing - MindManager's ability to publish into a variety of commonly used formats is unparalleled.
  • You should be able to connect to Sharepoint from the desktop version. Currently this only exists for those organizations that use the Enterprise version.
  • Mind manager should be able to connect to GIS software directly. It would be great to link geo - enabled content to my Mind Maps and Concept maps. Start with establishing business relationships to ESRI Canada and Boundless.
  • Please add auto bibliography capability.
Information exchange as well as problem decomposition and visualization.
Read Kevin Crichlow's full review
Immanuel Koks profile photo

researcher/phd student

• It offers a clear - quick way to create Mindmaps.
  • The windows version - with the addition of properties and calculations - offers a visually clear way to work with numeric values.
  • Better Mac compatibility.
  • Need to implement a Buzan's style map where data sits on curved colorful lines.
  • Simpler way of dealing with numeric data.
Not recommended if the person uses apple.

I would recommend it to researchers / graduate and post-graduate students. Particularly for conceptual work.
Read Immanuel Koks's full review
Pavel Bolshakov profile photo

University Researcher's Review

• Visually helps understand how each tasks depends on another.
  • Provides a project timelines for all project members to follow.
  • Allows major ideas/tasks/deliverables to be all in one place.
  • Allow for more flexibility with adding topic lines to anywhere on a topic box.
  • Provide more flexibility with color coding topic boxes, lines, etc.
  • Provide the ability to collapse/expand all subtopics at once.
It is well suited for project planning, testing scheduling, and brainstorming.

It is not well suited for meeting notes/minutes.
Read Pavel Bolshakov's full review
Wayne Pavao profile photo

MindManager Review

• Ease of use creating compelling visualizations
  • Easy to deploy for IT
  • Both PC and Mac compatibility
  • Gant charts missing from Mac version
  • Mobile support
  • Cost
MindManager is well suited for our project brainstorming requirements. Ideas are developed and visualized with great efficiency.
Read Wayne Pavao's full review
Aidan Gallagher profile photo
November 30, 2018

Go to solution for initial High Level project brainstorming.

• Provides a great visual to full team including stakeholders of the high level look and feel of solution.
  • Expansion and contraction of stories are simple to follow.
  • Connecting arrows help see interaction between actors in a project.
  • More Agile development friendly, example quick way to set project management streams for Backlog, in Progress, Done or Blocking.
  • More variation in template options.
  • Good for conceptual views but could improve on implementation options of project planning.
Good for initial project kick off and showing use case and high level design. Not so good for implementation management.
Read Aidan Gallagher's full review
Darla Ladd profile photo

MindManager for Successful Project Management

• The tool is intuitive and flexible. When you open multiple saved pages, they appear as multiple tabs instead of as separate documents. This makes it much easier to manage if you are sharing your screen during a meeting.
  • MindManager has worked to build our process flows via brainstorming sessions; it is very easy to then utilize the outcome to track ongoing processes.
  • For project management, it is useful because it allows us to document deliverables in a clear and concise manner.
  • I have not found any needed improvements thus far.
This is a great tool for people who work in complex organizations that require a team to strategically maneuver through various roadblocks in order to accomplish a body of work.
Read Darla Ladd's full review
Vic Lachica profile photo
November 26, 2018

Well-structured presentation using MindManager.

• It is able to show difficult or connecting links between factors in a project management.
  • It allows connecting links between several factors and not just only simple connections but several links could be attributed.
  • Presentation is better compared to simple connections with Power Point.
  • Too much emphasis on links sometimes confuses the reader. There should be a better presentation done in a simpler manner.
Well suited for presentation if you are to present several link factors but less appropriate for mind boggling or confusing links.
Read Vic Lachica's full review
Dietmar Dyck profile photo

MindManager user for 11 years, and it keeps getting better every year

• Visual display
  • Collaboration
  • Template library
  • Inking
MindManager is particularly powerful in the initial data gathering stages of an engagement. It allows us to build a data map of ideas and concepts that we can then manipulate to form a framework around the client's scope of work.
Read Dietmar Dyck's full review
Wendy Johnson profile photo

MindManager Makes Managing Mindful

• Organizational Charts - more flexible than other programs and allows for easy movement between areas.
  • Venn Diagrams - Super as a training/explanation tool for teaching or educating donors and staff.
  • SWOT and Matrix - allows us to drill down on issues - link to other maps and documents.
  • Swim Lanes - very important style for process management.
In early project development it allows for brainstorming without a lot of formatting issues - can move items around easily and add notes.

I haven't been able to do a swimlane process diagram.
Read Wendy Johnson's full review

MindManager Manages Your Mind

• MindManager is well suited for project management for someone who is juggling multiple tasks. It allows for visual organization, status checks, and attachments of pertinent files to specific tasks for easier accessibility. MindManager maps can also be shared with other people who have MindManager, allowing for collaboration within a group or company.
  • is great for creating flow charts to visualize organizational flow.
  • MindManager helps me keep my tasks organized and keep track of the status of certain projects.
  • A great feature is that MindManager allows attachments of files on my computer to specific task points, making it easier to find relevant data for a project.
  • MindManager is not very user-friendly and can be difficult to learn how to utilize the entire program.
  • The interface appears outdated compared to other mind mapping programs out there.
  • MindManager is still a little pricey for what it is.
December 22, 2018

MindManager makes you be a better manager!

• Efficient collaboration tool and document version tracking.
  • Mindjet keeps track of all the versions edited by users, so you can tell who was the last editing the document.
  • The way maps and flowcharts are created so easily. The templates library is very handy and helps you organize your ideas in a proper way.
  • Helps to organize and prioritize tasks within a medium sized team
  • Download documents without the need to open each of the documents
  • Copy-paste folders and their contents into another location
  • The server went off several times this year
Well suited
  • Organizing workload
  • Determine specific tasks for specific people and seeing the overall progress in a Gantt chart
  • MS Office integration so you can easily export to whatever format you need
  • Annual planning tool
Less appropriate
  • Not a substitution for your PC filing system
  • Not a backup tool (some users may be able to erase files, but there is an option for the admin to recover them)
December 03, 2018

• Provides an excellent way to visualize your projects and timelines.
  • Allows full integration of Excel spreadsheet data (Windows only).
  • Allows searching and filtering of complex maps.
  • Allows effective icon and task management elements to your map.
  • Excellent starter templates and map types.
  • MacOS and iOS fully functionality and feature set. Most important request.
  • Allow a more integrated and incremental update process. A lot of the time I need to call Mindjet support to get the correct upgrade version.
  • Allow integration with cloud services such as AWS, iCloud and IBM.
  • Visual planning and tracking.
  • Integration of spreadsheet data.
  • Excellent HTML 5 export.
  • Less effective with accessing and updating external databases and cloud services.

Use of MindManager for College Course Design and Delivery

• Biggest feature is the ability to quickly publish a map for use in collaborations with students.
  • It is also possible to directly collaborate on maps with others, though the capabilities of that feature are somewhat limited.
  • Very easy to organize every dimension of one's ideas. Throw everything out there and then hook stuff up. That's the best way, for me, to write or organize virtually any project.
  • Only one... There should be an easy way to quickly backup up to the local drive all maps in the online mindjet map depository. An easy add for your brilliant engineers, I'm sure. :)
As I say, as the central means for delivering all course content it is the best.
December 01, 2018

We use it all the time in meetings at work

• I like how there is no limit to page size or levels of ideas that you are able to create.
  • I like how the program easily creates nice clean PDFs.
  • I like that you can automatically balance the mind map so that the objects are evenly spaced.
  • For new people some of the key combinations could be hard to remember for shortcuts.
  • Maybe there could be some sort of one page explanation on how to get the most of out of the program.
  • Reminders on how to use certain features could be useful every once in a while.
It is definitely well suited in meetings of all kinds. Whether the person running the meeting uses their own mind maps to keep things on track, or whether someone in the meeting is using the program to keep track of meeting minutes, it really is a good solution.
November 30, 2018

MindManager is great for managing "Agile" projects

• Easy to setup project templates with the typical steps or activities required, including typical responsibilities and activity duration.
  • Very flexible and easy to use. Adding, eliminating and modifying activities is a breeze.
  • Completed projects contain links to as much key information as required related to the project. This facilitates project evaluation at completion and auditing.
  • When I create a project template that includes links to other template files, for example published review check off lists, there is a manual process required to open the template, save it in another location and re-link the final file. I wish there was an automatic way of doing this.
  • I wish there was a way to make changes to the relationship between activities through the Gantt chart.
It is my opinion that this is a great product for handling agile type projects. Other project management tools that I have tried are too cumbersome and formal for this type of process. I have tried to use it for flowcharts but it wasn't as easy as I was expecting.
November 27, 2018

Using MindManager in academic research

• I use it often to brainstorm and then arrange the topics into an outline.
  • It's a very easy, graphical and flexible way to setup a to do list for both short and long term projects.
  • I have also started using the flowchart capabilities to details experimental plans.
  • I would like to be able to select several topics and group them, then color them as a group.
  • Right when I select a set of topics and select Boundary, each topic gets its own boundary.
  • I would like an easier process to customize my maps e.g. with specific fonts, colors, etc. I know that this can be done, but I would like it to be easier.
  • In the latest version I'm having trouble linking to Outlook emails. This may be due to a change in outlook, but it is a capability that I really miss.
I think it is clearly the best way to make a to-do list. My weekly list is essentially my dashboard for the week. Every Monday morning I spend a few minutes updating the previous map and it gets me on track for the coming week.

I've not found the Gantt chart functions very user-friendly. It would be great to improve this.

14 years in my toolset and still counting

• The export in HTML allows me to share a nice and navigable version of the mindmap with people who don't have MindManager.
  • A mindmap is intuitive for everyone, no need to explain when first use.
  • MindManager is easy to learn because it shares a lot with MS Office in the way to use it.
  • MindManager has great templates to start with.
  • The dependency arrows don't snap at the best place on a topic. I always move them at the end of a topic, for both ends. They are easier to see like this.
  • The icon style (e.g. emoji) could be nicer.
  • In the last version, the map theme editor got great improvement with the easy editor, however, there should be a way to get it even easier.
MindManager is perfect for project planning. Start with a brainstorm of everything that has to be done. Then group tasks in a meaningful way. Finally prioritize the activities. All this can be done with other people and everyone can easily contribute.
November 16, 2018

MindManager transformed our processes.

• Value stream mapping
  • Easy to deploy from an it level
  • Great service
  • Slightly high priced
Manufacturing and process mapping is the best use case we have for this product. It is so easy to use and does a great job. We are extremely satisfied.
November 27, 2018

MindManager: Good for Business, Good For You

• MindManager handles brainstorming very well.
  • MindManager handles concept maps very well
  • MindManager handles problem solving analysis very well
  • MindManager could use some better features around onboarding for newer users
MindManger is well suited for process mapping, idea formulation and brainstorming.

MindManager - Best in the business

• Grouping ideas and concepts
  • Categorization of prioritized tasks
  • Plays nice with other tools (web browser, and ms word etc)
  • I am really missing the capabilities to do timelines and customize shapes of flow charts.
  • There is not a large selection of templates in the app to use.
With my aforementioned comments it's still a rock solid app for the purposes I use it for. My colleagues would definitely find value in [utilizing] it. Being able to track work in a tree-based structure really helps me visualize what done and what's not.

This product has helped Manage my Mind for more than 15 years

• Outlining oral or written presentations: the ability to throw ideas onto the map and then organize and reorganize them is really efficient.
  • Brainstorming complicated problems, process improvement: the ability to capture large numbers of pain points, ideas, questions and categorize and prioritize them is very effective for us.
  • Process tracking: have used the gantt chart functionality to track process improvement efforts.
  • At this point, I do not have any suggestions.
In my experience as a solver of complex problems, MindManager is very well suited to analyzing and developing approaches to such problems.

Short and sweet

• Easy to use and edit existing mindmaps which attracts many new users to signup.
  • Ability to share across HTML and embed in SharePoint is great feature.
  • The use of checklist option for our onboarding program is quite useful.
  • Web version still not very stable.
  • Good use more Online training and webinars.
  • More technical savvy sales team.
I think is great mind map program but not for document control. I could see it competing with Prezi at some point.

About MindManager

MindManager helps individuals, teams and enterprises do the right work, faster and better, by simplifying the way they capture, process and share information. Transforming unstructured ideas and data into dynamic visual maps, MindManager says it gives people a clearer understanding of and greater control over their time, work and world.

The vendor says that MindManager’s flexible, intuitive design supports freeform thinking, fluid organization and holistic understanding; its cross-platform functionality and third-party integrations enable a more streamlined, seamless work experience. Millions of users across thousands of global organizations brainstorm ideas creatively, plan and execute projects efficiently, communicate knowledge effectively, and drive more positive, profitable business outcomes with MindManager.

Key capabilities and benefits include:

- Creativity & Problem Solving

Has featureInformation Presentation
Has featureKnowledge Management

MindManager Screenshots

MindManager Video

Uncover possibilities, unite teams and unleash productivity with MindManager 2019. Empower yourself or your team with the most robust, customizable visualization software available, FREE for 30 days at www.mindmanager.com/MyFreeTrial

MindManager Downloadables