MindManager Reviews

Immanuel Koks | TrustRadius Reviewer
I used it personally for brain storming, recording notes, and research project management.
  • It offers a clear - quick way to create Mindmaps.
  • The windows version - with the addition of properties and calculations - offers a visually clear way to work with numeric values.
  • Better Mac compatibility.
  • Need to implement a Buzan's style map where data sits on curved colorful lines.
  • Simpler way of dealing with numeric data.
Not recommended if the person uses apple.

I would recommend it to researchers / graduate and post-graduate students. Particularly for conceptual work.
As an interdisciplinary researcher, I have found MindManager very helpful for thinking through how different research methodologies can work with each other.
Read Immanuel Koks's full review
Pavel Bolshakov | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am part of a research group at The University of Texas at Dallas, under the supervision of Prof. Chadwin Young. We purchased MindManager for our group to track our projects, put together brainstorm ideas, and schedule our testing plans. It allows everyone to see the big picture of a project as well as keep track of its tasks.
  • Visually helps understand how each tasks depends on another.
  • Provides a project timelines for all project members to follow.
  • Allows major ideas/tasks/deliverables to be all in one place.
  • Allow for more flexibility with adding topic lines to anywhere on a topic box.
  • Provide more flexibility with color coding topic boxes, lines, etc.
  • Provide the ability to collapse/expand all subtopics at once.
It is well suited for project planning, testing scheduling, and brainstorming.

It is not well suited for meeting notes/minutes.
We have been able to visually show our project ideas/timeline/tasks in a very structured manner.

For example, our projects have certain deliverables and we are able to easily track them using MindManager.
Read Pavel Bolshakov's full review
Wayne Pavao | TrustRadius Reviewer
MindManager is being used by our Operations team to construct visually compelling project diagrams. These diagrams will assist both technical and non-technical employees understand the goals and requirements of complex systems. Our Human Resources team is preparing to recreate cumbersome corporate organizational charts developed in Microsoft Word to MindManager.
  • Ease of use creating compelling visualizations
  • Easy to deploy for IT
  • Both PC and Mac compatibility
  • Gant charts missing from Mac version
  • Mobile support
  • Cost
MindManager is well suited for our project brainstorming requirements. Ideas are developed and visualized with great efficiency.
We are still new with utilizing all of the features of MindManager.
Read Wayne Pavao's full review
Aidan Gallagher | TrustRadius Reviewer
I, as project manager use MindManager to capture the initial high level scope of a new project, demonstrate the high level use case and design of proposed solution.
  • Provides a great visual to full team including stakeholders of the high level look and feel of solution.
  • Expansion and contraction of stories are simple to follow.
  • Connecting arrows help see interaction between actors in a project.
  • More Agile development friendly, example quick way to set project management streams for Backlog, in Progress, Done or Blocking.
  • More variation in template options.
  • Good for conceptual views but could improve on implementation options of project planning.
Good for initial project kick off and showing use case and high level design. Not so good for implementation management.
I have used MindManager to develop Use case stories and also for high level design and process flow diagrams. Great for keeping notes and linking relevant attachments such as webs pages to user story bullet points. Acting as an initial point of reference for all stakeholders and project team members.
Read Aidan Gallagher's full review
Darla Ladd | TrustRadius Reviewer
MindManager is a quick way to brainstorm how tasks will be organized. I use it in my current project to provide a visual of how items will move through various systems within the company. I love the fact that it is very intuitive and attendees of a meeting are not preoccupied or confused by the application, but ready to provide input to see where the ideas will take us. I really appreciate the way the notes feature is constructed; it allows me to add quite a bit of information for each item.
  • The tool is intuitive and flexible. When you open multiple saved pages, they appear as multiple tabs instead of as separate documents. This makes it much easier to manage if you are sharing your screen during a meeting.
  • MindManager has worked to build our process flows via brainstorming sessions; it is very easy to then utilize the outcome to track ongoing processes.
  • For project management, it is useful because it allows us to document deliverables in a clear and concise manner.
  • I have not found any needed improvements thus far.
This is a great tool for people who work in complex organizations that require a team to strategically maneuver through various roadblocks in order to accomplish a body of work.
I have used it to visualize and track processes and documents. The team does not have to revisit the changes that have occurred as the project progresses, because the map clearly identifies those changes. They can review the notes if they have questions about any item in the diagram.
Read Darla Ladd's full review
November 26, 2018
Vic Lachica | TrustRadius Reviewer
I was using MindManager for my school subject in my DNP program with Arizona State University. I was using it also as part of my job at work. Mostly I was using MindManager to help me in my leadership role as a nurse.
  • It is able to show difficult or connecting links between factors in a project management.
  • It allows connecting links between several factors and not just only simple connections but several links could be attributed.
  • Presentation is better compared to simple connections with Power Point.
  • Too much emphasis on links sometimes confuses the reader. There should be a better presentation done in a simpler manner.
Well suited for presentation if you are to present several link factors but less appropriate for mind boggling or confusing links.
Ideas are well presented and help users identify some roles or factors to be presented in a better structure.
Read Vic Lachica's full review
November 23, 2018
Dietmar Dyck | TrustRadius Reviewer
MindManager is being used as a data collection tool in our brainstorming sessions with consulting clients where thoughts are quickly gathered. MindManager allows us to collate and sort our ideas into a visual structure that then we can develop the strategy for the client. The software allows us to share in multiple platforms with the ability for revision and continuous feedback.
  • Visual display
  • Collaboration
  • Template library
  • Inking
MindManager is particularly powerful in the initial data gathering stages of an engagement. It allows us to build a data map of ideas and concepts that we can then manipulate to form a framework around the client's scope of work.
Read Dietmar Dyck's full review
Wendy Johnson | TrustRadius Reviewer
Currently, due to the size and nature of our nonprofit, I am the sole user. I plan to develop other users.

I use it for brainstorming, organizing projects and creating flowcharts/organizational charts. I am a huge fan of the ability to grab and move items easily to create up-to-the-minute work flows.
  • Organizational Charts - more flexible than other programs and allows for easy movement between areas.
  • Venn Diagrams - Super as a training/explanation tool for teaching or educating donors and staff.
  • SWOT and Matrix - allows us to drill down on issues - link to other maps and documents.
  • Swim Lanes - very important style for process management.
In early project development it allows for brainstorming without a lot of formatting issues - can move items around easily and add notes.

I haven't been able to do a swimlane process diagram.
Our clients are classified in three groups, but often overlap into another group - the VENN diagram allowed my staff to understand this visually and then were able to be more comfortable in determining classification without worry that it may be "slightly off".

Rolled out an organization structure redesign - Org Chart and Workflow documents provided dynamic and visually strong training materials.
Read Wendy Johnson's full review
December 18, 2017
Jack Rosenfield | TrustRadius Reviewer
I purchased my own copy of Mindjet for my personal and work use. At work, since I don't have others at work using the product, I cannot use the project management features. I use it as an amazing knowledge/documentation store.

We recently lost our accounting employee so I built a map itemizing all the responsibilities (day to day, monthly, special) with appropriate sub-topics with appropriate notes and attachment documents and videos explaining how to do each task.

For certain periodic tasks, I create a map showing the high-level workflow with notes and attached sample reports. The consumer gets the high-level view plus the details required to accomplish the task are just a click away. I export the map with HTML5, store the links in SharePoint so that the user always has access to the latest documentation (i.e. Sharepoint documents can change and the map reflects the latest changes).

This documentation helps the individuals understand their roles and gives them an aid in executing their responsibilities. Training a new Accounting staff member becomes much easier as their role is all laid out for them.

• It's a great place to hide details but have them accessible with a click.
  • There is so much visual feedback possible with the use of intelligent icons (can click on icons to show project on a task), conditional formatting, image insertion, relationship lines, tags
  • The use of filters permits seeing various aspects of your map (e.g. show only the portion of a map for a particular resource, or a particular ranking, or conditional color).
  • Ability to add properties to the map topics, adds to the calculating ability.
  • Automatic task rollup means that progress at lower levels in tasks can roll up to higher level progress icons. Same with calculations rolling up to higher levels.
  • Full project development capabilities, with task defined, resources and appropirate visual feedback. Gantt chart etc.
  • The flowchart capabilities are good but rather basic in terms of availability of flowchart shapes. Swim Lane Diagrams are available but adjusting the number of lanes takes more work than it should.
  • There's a program language available (looks kind of like VBA) but there isn't a getting started manual to describe it. There is a user who is thinking of developing a course and and some pre-course download material but at this point nothing formal for explaining the capabilities of the integrated scripting language.
  • Can't say anything else negative because I'd need to play more with the features I haven't yet used to comment.
Well suited
  1. Knowledge base
  2. Documentation base
  3. Project Management
  4. Project Development (including Agile)
Less appropriate
  1. More sophisticated flowcharts
Read Jack Rosenfield's full review
December 01, 2018
MindManager is being used by key personnel in a lab group to keep track of the status of several ongoing research experiments. It allowed us to access relevant data and keep tabs on the progress.
  • MindManager is well suited for project management for someone who is juggling multiple tasks. It allows for visual organization, status checks, and attachments of pertinent files to specific tasks for easier accessibility. MindManager maps can also be shared with other people who have MindManager, allowing for collaboration within a group or company.
  • is great for creating flow charts to visualize organizational flow.
  • MindManager helps me keep my tasks organized and keep track of the status of certain projects.
  • A great feature is that MindManager allows attachments of files on my computer to specific task points, making it easier to find relevant data for a project.
  • MindManager is not very user-friendly and can be difficult to learn how to utilize the entire program.
  • The interface appears outdated compared to other mind mapping programs out there.
  • MindManager is still a little pricey for what it is.
At one point, I was juggling nine different projects and supervising training and other projects for twelve other personnel. MindManager allowed me to keep track of the status of my personnel's training and projects, as well as the status of my own projects. I was able to visually organize everything onto my map. My favorite feature was the ability to attach files from my computer to specific tasks on my map, making these files easily accessible.
September 30, 2015
Christine Hehre | TrustRadius Reviewer
I currently use MindJet for both personal and professional use. At work, its used for taking meeting notes, making agendas, and mapping out websites. Personally, I use MindJet to take notes in class and map out content so I can see the relationship between ideas and concepts in my grad school classes.

MindJet allows me to see all the items relevant to a topic in one screen and map out the solution or organize the content to make sense for the particular application.
  • Provides an easy way to visualize all relevant aspects of a topic.
  • Ease of editing and moving "ideas" around.
  • Great toolbox for noting differences (colors and fonts, icons) and relationships (groups and relationship lines).
  • Cross-platform compatibility (desktop and tablet/mobile versions) that all work WELL.
  • Formatting can get a little "wonky" at times; colors are sometimes hard to apply.
  • Option for "layered" files (notebooks with each map being a "note") would be nice.
  • Better process for saving templates based on previous maps.
Some applications where it would be well suited include:

1. Well suited for taking a "data dump" and organizing it more coherently
  2. Shows visual hierarchy well (data that needs to show relationships)
  3. Making notes on a topic quickly that may not follow sequentially (MindJet allows entries to easily be added in any order using a "branched" approach)
Read Christine Hehre's full review
December 23, 2015
Greg Cimmarrusti, PMP | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have used MindJet MindManager since 1997 with version 3.0 of the software. I am in project management and it is a trusted tool in my toolbox. I use it for writing meeting notes, presentations, brain storming, and even developing a project plan. It thinks the way that I do and it is very easy for people to follow along either on a projector on on a WebEx.
  • Note taking on very complex subjects. Think of typical meetings that can dart from one topic to another and back again, with traditional note taking this is very hard to do, with MindJet it all part of the process. I particularly like exporting my notes out to MS Word with the MindMap on the cover and a Table of Contents and then a full display of my notes in a hierarchy.
  • Brain storming . . . nothing comes close. Get a room with a projector and your team and you are ready to go without the hassle of some software and since it is visual it is easier for others to make additional associations.
  • Project Planning. Yes you could build out a full project plan and then visually see the Gantt chart created. Work with the teams to do a Work breakdown structure (WBS) and then assign tasks and duration and resources. For small 100 or so line projects, it works great.
  • In version 5 of the software, it integrated with the tasks in MS Outlook. I would create a weekly task list by project and then sync this with Outlook. In version 6 it lost this capability.
  • I am sorry, but I do not see any other weaknesses of the product. Each version has added additional functionality and I plan on upgrading to the latest version shortly.
There are so many uses for MindJet MindManager, but I have to say it makes its home nicely in project management. When comparing against other products of its caliber, I would confirm the easy import/export and sync capability with standard MS products. Also, make sure that the product works on all the different platforms that you may use (e.g. iPad, PC, MAC, etc.).
One of the best software programs ever. Always my go-to program for most things.
Read Greg Cimmarrusti, PMP's full review
December 22, 2018
MindManager has been used within the program portfolio, with more than 20 projects running simultaneously. The projects are being implemented by a team of more than 100 people in a multidisciplinary team. Besides being the repository of official information to be reported to donors, it keeps track of daily activities since we use its maps functionality for this matter. It also serves as a repository of administrative processes and operational activities.
  • Efficient collaboration tool and document version tracking.
  • Mindjet keeps track of all the versions edited by users, so you can tell who was the last editing the document.
  • The way maps and flowcharts are created so easily. The templates library is very handy and helps you organize your ideas in a proper way.
  • Helps to organize and prioritize tasks within a medium sized team
  • Download documents without the need to open each of the documents
  • Copy-paste folders and their contents into another location
  • The server went off several times this year
Well suited
  • Organizing workload
  • Determine specific tasks for specific people and seeing the overall progress in a Gantt chart
  • MS Office integration so you can easily export to whatever format you need
  • Annual planning tool
Less appropriate
  • Not a substitution for your PC filing system
  • Not a backup tool (some users may be able to erase files, but there is an option for the admin to recover them)
MindManager definitely helped us organize within a complex reporting system, where in most of the cases the reporting deadlines overlapped because of the nature of the projects. The tool helped to structure the work and tasks so users can visualize their complete annual planning. The processing time was reduced because of the option to "open' and "close" access to folders.
The maps helped form task forces, when needed and immediate action was required. This way when the meeting was necessary, we could have the full picture of where we were and what was left to be done, and could establish specific actions.
It is excellent! We always had our problems solved thanks to their help in short time.
December 03, 2018
Used by my Department for budget planning and visual project management. MindManager is excellent for visual planning and for presentation to stake holders. I use both the Mac and Windows version. I would like to see an iOS version that would work on the iPad with close to full parity of function with the Windows version. The Mac version is getting closer to feature parity with the Windows version but is missing key features, which makes it frustrating for users.
  • Provides an excellent way to visualize your projects and timelines.
  • Allows full integration of Excel spreadsheet data (Windows only).
  • Allows searching and filtering of complex maps.
  • Allows effective icon and task management elements to your map.
  • Excellent starter templates and map types.
  • MacOS and iOS fully functionality and feature set. Most important request.
  • Allow a more integrated and incremental update process. A lot of the time I need to call Mindjet support to get the correct upgrade version.
  • Allow integration with cloud services such as AWS, iCloud and IBM.
  • Visual planning and tracking.
  • Integration of spreadsheet data.
  • Excellent HTML 5 export.
  • Less effective with accessing and updating external databases and cloud services.
  • Improved our budget planning and tracking.
  • Visual layout complex and time dependent projects.
  • Effectively communicate ideas and concepts both internally and externally.
  • Effective archival and storage of previous ideas and plans.
December 01, 2018
I've used MindManager for over a decade now, mostly as an organizational tool to develop courses and my own writing projects. I don't know much about its competitors but MindManager, especially in the last few years has really hit a home run with its ability to quickly and easily publish maps. I have delivered course content in many different ways over the years. But providing students with a simple map rather than a website has been a game changer for me. I am what I describe as a technophilic Luddite, that is someone who digs technology but keenly aware that as cool as it is it can actually be a major distraction, especially to students focused on a subject like philosophy, and in my case medical ethics. Throwing out a map with nothing there but the map tree is perfect for doing everything I need to do with my students online. Student reports are glowing. One thing I especially appreciate is how easy it is to modify everything about the map, to insert links, to provide an assignment portal, to connect with our course blog, etc. While I've always liked MindManger, I now can't work without it.
  • Biggest feature is the ability to quickly publish a map for use in collaborations with students.
  • It is also possible to directly collaborate on maps with others, though the capabilities of that feature are somewhat limited.
  • Very easy to organize every dimension of one's ideas. Throw everything out there and then hook stuff up. That's the best way, for me, to write or organize virtually any project.
  • Only one... There should be an easy way to quickly backup up to the local drive all maps in the online mindjet map depository. An easy add for your brilliant engineers, I'm sure. :)
As I say, as the central means for delivering all course content it is the best.
I use it to structure and distribute everything associated with my courses.
December 01, 2018
It was being used almost daily in status meetings and brainstorming sessions. It was mostly just used by the engineers. We had templates set up to help meetings go smoothly. I also used it personally to keep track of all the things I was working on throughout the week. It addresses the need for a clear simple useful tool to convey ideas.
  • I like how there is no limit to page size or levels of ideas that you are able to create.
  • I like how the program easily creates nice clean PDFs.
  • I like that you can automatically balance the mind map so that the objects are evenly spaced.
  • For new people some of the key combinations could be hard to remember for shortcuts.
  • Maybe there could be some sort of one page explanation on how to get the most of out of the program.
  • Reminders on how to use certain features could be useful every once in a while.
It is definitely well suited in meetings of all kinds. Whether the person running the meeting uses their own mind maps to keep things on track, or whether someone in the meeting is using the program to keep track of meeting minutes, it really is a good solution.
It is mostly useful for us in meeting because it allows everyone to see more visually what is being presented. It is easy to edit mind maps on the go so that feedback in meetings can be immediately incorporated into certain diagrams. Brainstorming meetings can benefit in particular from this tool.
November 30, 2018
At my location, Mindmanager is used only in the engineering department to manage engineering projects. As far as I know no other departments are using this software. I believe other locations use it but I don't know for what purpose or to what extent. The business problem it addresses is the setup, control and monitoring of project activities. Mindmanager is the tool that provides an easy and efficient way to manage short and medium range "agile" type projects while at the same time serves as a repository of key project related information.
  • Easy to setup project templates with the typical steps or activities required, including typical responsibilities and activity duration.
  • Very flexible and easy to use. Adding, eliminating and modifying activities is a breeze.
  • Completed projects contain links to as much key information as required related to the project. This facilitates project evaluation at completion and auditing.
  • When I create a project template that includes links to other template files, for example published review check off lists, there is a manual process required to open the template, save it in another location and re-link the final file. I wish there was an automatic way of doing this.
  • I wish there was a way to make changes to the relationship between activities through the Gantt chart.
It is my opinion that this is a great product for handling agile type projects. Other project management tools that I have tried are too cumbersome and formal for this type of process. I have tried to use it for flowcharts but it wasn't as easy as I was expecting.
Before using MindManager we would rely on memory or simpler aids to start and keep track of projects or similar activities. Relying on memory or too simple aids to keep track of projects resulted on non-uniform results across the team. Some people are better than others to keep track of the tasks they need to do. The degree of experience also plays an important role. By using MindManager, we as a team, have established templates by visually looking at the necessary activities' required from beginning to end. Once the templates are used to reflect real projects, it is easy to see timing issues and it is easy for to monitor progress. The Gantt chart is an example of an invaluable visual aid, it shows in real time in an objective manner, where at the project we really are.
November 27, 2018
I run an academic research lab. I use it to plan my days, weeks and quarters e.g. I have a map called "Today" that keeps me on track along with a new map for each week that tracks more goals. I also have maps for the overall lab goals. I often use maps to help brainstorm and outline new grants and papers that I'm writing.
  • I use it often to brainstorm and then arrange the topics into an outline.
  • It's a very easy, graphical and flexible way to setup a to do list for both short and long term projects.
  • I have also started using the flowchart capabilities to details experimental plans.
  • I would like to be able to select several topics and group them, then color them as a group.
  • Right when I select a set of topics and select Boundary, each topic gets its own boundary.
  • I would like an easier process to customize my maps e.g. with specific fonts, colors, etc. I know that this can be done, but I would like it to be easier.
  • In the latest version I'm having trouble linking to Outlook emails. This may be due to a change in outlook, but it is a capability that I really miss.
I think it is clearly the best way to make a to-do list. My weekly list is essentially my dashboard for the week. Every Monday morning I spend a few minutes updating the previous map and it gets me on track for the coming week.

I've not found the Gantt chart functions very user-friendly. It would be great to improve this.
When I am writing a grant or paper, I often start by brainstorming ideas onto a map. This eventually turns into an outline which lets me then open up a Word document with a clear direction. The ability to move things around is very important and a clear advantage over generating an outline within a word processing program.
November 23, 2018
MindManager is being used by the department. I asked to work with it when I started my position at GJC and we bought licenses for everyone in the team (9).

I use it to brainstorm, organise ideas and have a conversation with the same vision. At the beginning of a project, I use it to group tasks by subject and to make sure everyone agrees. I also used it to manage projects before we switch to another tool.
  • The export in HTML allows me to share a nice and navigable version of the mindmap with people who don't have MindManager.
  • A mindmap is intuitive for everyone, no need to explain when first use.
  • MindManager is easy to learn because it shares a lot with MS Office in the way to use it.
  • MindManager has great templates to start with.
  • The dependency arrows don't snap at the best place on a topic. I always move them at the end of a topic, for both ends. They are easier to see like this.
  • The icon style (e.g. emoji) could be nicer.
  • In the last version, the map theme editor got great improvement with the easy editor, however, there should be a way to get it even easier.
MindManager is perfect for project planning. Start with a brainstorm of everything that has to be done. Then group tasks in a meaningful way. Finally prioritize the activities. All this can be done with other people and everyone can easily contribute.
I use MindManager to visualize and structure information every time I start working on something new. It helps me to get the whole picture before digging in the subject.

For example, I was asked to create a management dashboard with a lot of indicators and measures. I used MindManager with the director in order to get all the requirements, to group and sort them. Finally, she prioritized the important ones knowing what was left to wait.
November 16, 2018
MindManager is great, it allows our teams to do value stream mapping easily. It also is able to be used for making network maps of our corporate infrastructure. I would recommend this product to anyone - it was a great move to make switching from Visio to MindManager. This has made our team more effective and productive.
  • Value stream mapping
  • Easy to deploy from an it level
  • Great service
  • Slightly high priced
Manufacturing and process mapping is the best use case we have for this product. It is so easy to use and does a great job. We are extremely satisfied.
We have used this to create flow charts to help customer service.
August 19, 2015
Steven Williams | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use MindManager daily and I am in the process of evangelizing it to other groups and departments. I use it to create project plan drafts, interactive job aides, status dashboards, as well as a way to create graphics for instructional materials. For me, MindManager allows me to quickly organize my thoughts and then turn those thoughts into action plans.
  • First and foremost, it is a great way to brainstorm and bring ideas together in a visual way. You can quickly organize these thoughts and idea, link them, prioritize items if needed and add graphics and call-outs to give more direction on what needs more focus and refinement.
  • As a Manager, I need to be able to report on progress to my internal customers and stakeholders. MindManager lets me create project status reports and dashboards that are well organized and easy to read. The ability to then export to an interactive PDF for delivery via email is a great feature. The person reviewing the PDF doesn't need MindManager, yet they can interact with the elements as you designed them.
  • I have been creating instructional materials for various types of businesses and MindManager is a very good tool for laying out the steps in a business process or showing the process flow of a particular application or software project. MindManager lets me create these steps visually while being able to show relationships and other details. I can then save these as PNG files for use in other documents and web pages.
  • When I first started using MindManager, it was very easy to add main topics to the Central Topic. Floating topics were easy to align and use. With the newer versions, some of that control seems to have been lost. It is harder to align and move your main topics around like before.
  • When you exported to the MindManager Viewer ( interactive PDF ) everything stayed aligned just as you had created it. The Viewer document doesn't seem to keep things as aligned. As you expand items, they jump around forcing you to scroll more.
  • In order to keep up with the times, I would like to see more of an effort to be able to export to something more portable such as HTML5 and JavaScript. While Flash will be around in other fashions, the need to have information on mobile devices is pushing the use of other technologies.
I can't really speak to a scenario where I haven't found a use for MindManager. The flexibility of the tool lends itself to all sorts of creative uses. If you compare it to similar tools, one of the first things you need to ask is "what is the learning curve and how quickly can we get up to speed?" The tool is quick to learn and in many cases, I have seen people up and running with it in just a couple of hours. I have reviewed many products like this and nothing really comes as close to having all the features as MindManager.
Read Steven Williams's full review
November 27, 2018
MindManager is being used by our CEO and his direct reports for idea building and brainstorming.
  • MindManager handles brainstorming very well.
  • MindManager handles concept maps very well
  • MindManager handles problem solving analysis very well
  • MindManager could use some better features around onboarding for newer users
MindManger is well suited for process mapping, idea formulation and brainstorming.
We have benefited from the ability to add structure to mainline ideas. Being able to visualize this information helps team members gain a better understanding of the underlying concepts.
November 16, 2018
I currently use it to track thought processes and team discussions as well as forecast work initiatives. Today it is used by select groups in my org and there are features missing that I wish it had.
  • Grouping ideas and concepts
  • Categorization of prioritized tasks
  • Plays nice with other tools (web browser, and ms word etc)
  • I am really missing the capabilities to do timelines and customize shapes of flow charts.
  • There is not a large selection of templates in the app to use.
With my aforementioned comments it's still a rock solid app for the purposes I use it for. My colleagues would definitely find value in [utilizing] it. Being able to track work in a tree-based structure really helps me visualize what done and what's not.
I use it to break out rally features outside of the tool and add notes and comments for later review. It also is a great tool for knowledge transfers and webinars in tracking discussion points.
November 16, 2018
MindManager is used mainly by me to brainstorm problems, outline presentations and diagram certain organizational issues. I have not found my coworkers, over the years, to readily adopt it themselves and thus have not used the collaborative tools.
  • Outlining oral or written presentations: the ability to throw ideas onto the map and then organize and reorganize them is really efficient.
  • Brainstorming complicated problems, process improvement: the ability to capture large numbers of pain points, ideas, questions and categorize and prioritize them is very effective for us.
  • Process tracking: have used the gantt chart functionality to track process improvement efforts.
  • At this point, I do not have any suggestions.
In my experience as a solver of complex problems, MindManager is very well suited to analyzing and developing approaches to such problems.
We have used MindManager to capture several Lean process improvement projects from start to finish, including prioritizing tasks and tracking progress. I believe it is particularly suited to this brainstorm-dependent exercise.
November 16, 2018
We use mainly for our planning sessions to define workflows in our business. We have used it at R&D sessions to validate few ideas. Also as checklist for onboarding program.
  • Easy to use and edit existing mindmaps which attracts many new users to signup.
  • Ability to share across HTML and embed in SharePoint is great feature.
  • The use of checklist option for our onboarding program is quite useful.
  • Web version still not very stable.
  • Good use more Online training and webinars.
  • More technical savvy sales team.
I think is great mind map program but not for document control. I could see it competing with Prezi at some point.

What is MindManager?

MindManager aims to bring clarity and structure to plans, projects, and processes.

With it, the vendor says users can transform scattered ideas and information into dynamic visual mind maps, flowcharts, concept maps, matrices and other diagrams. They state users can also take control of their work, synthesize vast amounts of data, collaborate and communicate more effectively, and boost productivity to gain a competitive edge.

MindManager is presented as a suite of intuitive visualization products that helps individuals and teams think more clearly, make better decisions, and get on the path to personal and organizational success.

MindManager Features