NETGEAR Ethernet Switches

Netgear Good value for connections.

February 24, 2022

NETGEAR Business Class Switch Review

April 30, 2021

Netgear SOHO Switch Review

February 23, 2018

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of NETGEAR Ethernet Switches, and make your voice heard!

What is NETGEAR Ethernet Switches?

NETGEAR offers Ethernet Switches.

What is NETGEAR Ethernet Switches?

NETGEAR offers Ethernet Switches.

NETGEAR Ethernet Switches Technical Details

Compare with

Kevin Ray | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use them in locations where we need more connections than we have available from the built-in connectors. Like in a lab full of devices that only has one or two wall connections to the network. They are great for allowing more connections in an area or room that needs those direct connections.
  • Manage extra connections in a switched network.
  • Provide good throughput for those extra connections.
  • Easy to add into an existing network environment.
  • Nothing really comes to mind.
We have had a multitude of different back-end network switch equipment and the Netgear switches always are compatible in the traffic pattern and packet transmission with the back-end gear.
Wien Dai | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use different models of NETGEAR switches in different environments. From the managed GS308T in a small office just to add several data ports, to the GS752TX in a campus environment. They served well to our business goal which is providing stable and scalable network connections with inexpensive cost.

I have in the past used some older models too and will use the PoE model GS752TXP.
  • Small to medium size office in which the network environment is not very complicated.
  • NETGEAR switches can form a network with decent performance/bandwidth and relative lost cost.
  • It's very easy to manage NETGEAR switches. The GUI is straight forward to use.
  • NETGEAR switches provides high performance, scalability and reliability.
  • NETGEAR doesn't provide the CLI commands. The troubleshooting capabilities are fairly limited.
  • I always use Layer 2 features of the switches. Never used Layer 3 routing.
  • NETGEAR doesn't provide powerful access control.
I give a 9 because it's a good price/performance ratio, scalability and easy management. In the past, I've never experienced a switch went bad. The tech support is good. VLAN management is easy.

The reason I don't give it a full 10 is because it would be nice if it had more debugging capabilities.
We currently make use of two NETGEAR switches for our internal servers. The switches are connected to our proxy server. Through the use of VLANs, we can route traffic through the switches to our services on the servers or to the DMZ. We also have a switch that is on a separate VLAN that allows us to connect the machines in the office physically to our network. Giving us a larger number or hardwired connected devices to our network.
  • Traffic Management
  • VLANs
  • Reliable
  • Gigabit ports
  • Management UI
  • Power controls
  • Port checks
Make use of ethernet switches if you have a large number of machines that you want to connect to the network physically. I would recommend NETGEAR switches for the reliability and easy set up.
Currently we have a legacy datacenter deployed. We needed a low cost solution to have the ability to access HP ilo ports remotely. We simply bought the NETGEAR Rackmount switches deployed them to each of our server racks and was able to provide a remote access service to our infrastructure engineers.
  • Low Cost
  • Low Latency
  • 1u Rackmount Design
  • Fan Noise
  • mixed mode gbic and ethernet ports
  • option for dual power supply on low end models
NETGEAR switches should be used when you want to deploy quality network gear at a low cost. The application is best suited for Offices or Branch Offices but could also be used in the Datacenter for the right purpose.
Steve Davis | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have used Netgear switches in a smaller environment. The majority of anyone I support that utilize Netgear switches are users in a SOHO environment who are looking to get the job done without breaking the bank.
  • Gigabit speed is consistent and reliable
  • Cost is low
  • Easy to install
  • Better advertisement about advanced enterprise features. My experience is with smaller switches and not with the fully managed switches.
  • Additional management tools to monitor multiple switches in the environment. Similar to Cisco Network Assistant.
Most companies have warranty contracts or prefer a specific type of equipment to match their current environment. Smaller environments that don't have a policy for a specific device, or someone looking for a good switch with a low cost would be where I have currently utilized these switches. I don't see why these switches couldn't be used in a larger environment, although I have not tested them in a corporate environment. In home or small office environments, these have worked very well.