Overall Satisfaction with NETGEAR Ethernet Switches
I have used Netgear switches in a smaller environment. The majority of anyone I support that utilize Netgear switches are users in a SOHO environment who are looking to get the job done without breaking the bank.
- Gigabit speed is consistent and reliable
- Cost is low
- Easy to install
- Better advertisement about advanced enterprise features. My experience is with smaller switches and not with the fully managed switches.
- Additional management tools to monitor multiple switches in the environment. Similar to Cisco Network Assistant.
- Rarely need to reboot or troubleshoot the SOHO switches.
- Low cost for the functionality. For example, 8 port GB switches for $20 is a no brainer for a home environment that doesn't need vlans or more enterprise type features.
- No negative impact on any environment I am aware of, however have not tested in a larger environment with multiple switches.
Most companies have warranty contracts or prefer a specific type of equipment to match their current environment. Smaller environments that don't have a policy for a specific device, or someone looking for a good switch with a low cost would be where I have currently utilized these switches. I don't see why these switches couldn't be used in a larger environment, although I have not tested them in a corporate environment. In home or small office environments, these have worked very well.