Reviews (1-3 of 3)
The second use case is as a document repository. Any files we generate, store or reference are to be handled by Nuxeo.
- Performant as a scaled asset repository.
- Customizable with existing technology staff (Java).
- Flexible integration (ReSTful APIs).
- Low-code & No-Code customizations could go deeper.
- Installation can be a bit dicey for new developers.
- Core concepts could be better documented for self learning.
Customizing the document shapes in Nuxeo allows for incredible flexibility in managing metadata to describe assets, granting agility for future-forward discovery of assets as new capabilities are added.
Flexible integration with a wide variety of systems using integration platforms like Apigee or Mulesoft for example, as well as more directly via ReSTful APIs and even out of the box tools like a Salesforce connector for example, make Nuxeo an easy choice for a medium to large enterprise.
I have found Nuxeo to be a strong partner with regards to architecting and designing solutions which leverage their product as a component.
However, for all the benefits, Nuxeo limits the number of technical contacts capable of opening tickets and escalating issues. Keep this in mind. While they have been flexible with our account, your mileage may vary.
I do think developer/engineer experience could be improved significantly. While the APIs are documented well, and the product works well once installed and configured … it's that very setup process which has posed the greatest challenge to our engineers.
Looking holistically at Nuxeo's end-to-end product experience, I remain confident we made the right choice. And would make the came choice again. Improvements to the setup and onboarding processes for the product would only enhance this opinion.
- Complete API options
- Nuxeo Studio helps a lot
- Good documentation
- Good extensions through plugins
- Requires a lot of training for developers
- Cost is really a problem
- Adaptability for our industry of e-learning requieres a lot of work
- Taxonomies and ontologies are really restricted, and not scalable by tenant
If you have extensive document management requirements then I would recommend Nuxeo, but not for simple uses cases
- The platform has Lots of option to protect assets, review and share with the required people.
- It provides a seamless transition from SharePoint which is extremely useful for our business as we have tons of data stored on SharePoint.
- It is a powerful tool, especially for searching - since the indexing is super fast unlike other platforms.
- During a software update - if one issue is fixed, others are broken. Proper regression testing is required.
- Customization is bit difficult in as documentation is not as powerful. This area could be improved.
- It has to enable bulk uploading of documents, it requires Nuxeo support assistance for this feature and this is a paid service.
Nuxeo Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is Nuxeo?
The Nuxeo Platform is a cloud-native Content Services Platform designed to make it easy for large enterprise organizations to build smart content-centric applications that enhance customer experiences, improve decision making, and accelerate products to market.
The vendor states its customers choose Nuxeo because:
- Flexible deployment options: deploy in your cloud, ours, or a hybrid model
- Low-code application development: quickly build robust content-centric applications
- Intelligent scalability: our modular architecture is independently scalable and entirely elastic
- Business-specific AI: easily train custom machine learning models on your content and data for more accurate enrichment, classification, and tagging
- Content federation capabilities: get a 360° view of the information within your organization
- Schema flexible data model: limitless metadata fields, add or remove at any time, complex objects, and more
- Support for any type of content: effectively manage traditional documents (PDFs, Word Docs, etc.) as well as rich media (images, video, 3D, etc.)
Nuxeo Videos (5)
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Optional
Nuxeo Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||0%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||38%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||62%|
Nuxeo Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Nuxeo Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Countries:||North America, Europe, Japan|
|Supported Languages:||English, French, Albanian, Arabic, Basque, Catalan, Chinese, Czech, Dutch, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Serbian, Swedish, Turkish, Vietnamese|