Performance is exactly as required. I couldn't be happier with the systems. Pricing is a challenge at times, but with alternatives like Proxmox/XCP-NG as alternatives where we need to have the backend knowledge to resolve things ourselves, this is …
We run both VMWare and HC3 virtual servers. We are currently running our SQL Server and two terminal servers on our HC3 system. I was reluctant to move the SQL server to a virtual environment due to lag-time issues, but there hasn't been a noticeable lag in our SQL Server. We run all of our …
Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Scale Computing Platform, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
- Tech Details
According to the vendor, key features and benefits include:
- Install in less than an hour
- Deploy new VMs in minutes
- Built-in Browser-based Management
- Software-defined, hybrid storage system with automated tiering
- Fully integrated, cluster-wide resource utilization and alerts
- Single vendor support experience, no disparate systems to integrate
- Integrated all-in-one appliance
- Scale-out Architecture
- Mix and match new nodes
- Incremental resources improve performance of existing workloads
- Fast and easy to expand, no downtime required
- No additional licensing required
- Start small and grow as your business grows
- No forklift upgrades
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, Unix|
- SC//Platform is a platform for running applications at the edge, with all of the software, hardware, and services needed. Regardless of the user's hardware requirements, the same innovative software, SC//HyperCore, and SC//Fleet Manager help to run infrastructure efficiently at scale
- Scale Computing HyperCore saves resources because its software, servers, and storage are in a fully integrated platform that power infrastructure regardless of the hardware configuration.
- Scale Computing Fleet Manager is a cloud-hosted monitoring and management tool built for hyperconverged edge computing infrastructure at scale. It can be used to monitor and manage an entire fleet of clusters running Scale Computing HyperCore. For IT Managers with multiple clusters, maintenance time can be reduced.
- This document describes the technology, concepts and operating theory behind the Scale Computing HyperCore OS that powers it, including the SCRIBE (Scale Computing Reliable Independent Block Engine) storage layer.
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||20%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||70%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||10%|
- Possible move to more virtual desktops for remote users
- Video surveillance projects.
- I can see using it to upgrade some of our older systems to new windows servers without having to worry about losing information
- they have virtual desktop capabilities
- More virtualization
- Replication using old nodes. Hyperconverged is great but having seperate replicated nodes is better.
- The ability to "grow" our server storage as we need to
- More Server Virtualization
- Full VDI environment
- zero touch remote site deployments across hundreds of locations
- We are looking to build a disaster recovery solution utilizing additional scale nodes
- We are considering an expansion of storage so that we can increase the limits currently placed on user storage on the USER VM's
- Increased Remote worker support
- Higher availabity
- Easily scalable as business needs expand.
- It will help in better managing what we copy to our offsite backups.
- Multiple DC's within a given location.
- Multiple RDS servers for different use-cases and users.
- we plan on moving our servers from the cloud, and placing them in our own !
- Backup and recovery!!
- We are currently testing a new Windows 2016 domain setup
- I hope to one day host the Football Operations Video services on the same system. Football Coaches use a dedicated system currently.
- Right now in my internal office (My Node cluster is at a Data Center), I have a WD NAS for a shared device between all of my staff members. I am looking at creating an FTP on the Node Cluster to be able to remove 1 more device from my infrastructure.
- Currently I also configure computers every time we need a new one for additional hires. I am looking into different versions of Thin Clients and would like to see if this is something I can set up on the Scale Computing HC3 to give me easier management of computers.
- Desktop virtualization
- Virtualize the heavy processor desktop users. Allowing Scale to absorb the process and ram costs of high demand applications will keep future IT users costs to a minimum.