https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/8Q/b9/W47TSZK0C41J.PNGHidden Gem For Education CTOsWe initially purchased Scale H3 to shrink our physical footprint on servers and allow for affordable expansion across the entire district. This has allowed us to to lower maintenance costs as well as increase our server count to more evenly disperse services resulting in faster operations. We have also been able to create a reliable and ultra fast disaster recovery plan will little to no data loss.,Customer Support - A level of service that all vendors should strive to reach. Their customer service is equally fast and reliable as the product. In the two years of having the HC3, we experienced one hard drive failure. The support team was assisting us within minutes, had the drive replaced in less than 24 hours, and had our node fully functional with no disruption in service nor any data loss. Migration - One of the quickest and easiest among all VM solutions. Older Windows operating systems had compatibility issues, but all servers running Windows Server 2003 and higher migrated within minutes with two simply clicks. Reliability - The HC3 manages to work seamlessly in real-time with no indication from the end user during maintenance, recovery, or making changes to the VMs. In two years, we have had only one hard drive issue and no software issues. Simplicity - The HC3 has the best of both worlds. It's simpler than the free Hyper-V and includes most tools one needs within VMware, yet the installation, operation, and recovery is leaps and bounds easier to manipulate.,The only negative is the maintenance support costs. What a dilemma Scale has as they produced a robust and reliable product yet the support costs for a 3 node system is almost $6000. After paying this for 2 years and only having one hard drive failure, I have spent $12,000 on one support ticket and three software updates. It defeats the maintenance cost savings.,10,10,Scale allowed us to load balance our services. Rather than have one application server supplying antivirus protection, print services, and windows updates I now have three separate VMs that run more efficient resulting in faster service.,If I were to remove the annual support, Scale is a tremendous cost savings to our infrastructure. However, that annual support removes any savings.,,23,,Disaster recovery is noninvasive, simple, and accurate. It is a large part of our disaster recovery plan in the event of an incident. Smaller physical footprint allows for possible maintenance cost savings. The simplicity, reliability, and speed allow for us to startup and test new services in a fraction of the time. It's a perfect tool for advanced technical courses with students which allow for them to experience multiple operating systems with no additional costs.,Endless ideas of services. Robust testing of disaster scenarios. Integration into advanced technical courses.,Redundancy.,5,Sophos Endpoint Protection,No,Product Usability Product Reputation Third-party Reviews,I would not change anything. The best finds are based on word of mouth and product/company reputation.,Implemented in-house,No,Change management was minimal,We had an older Windows Server that had extensive compatibility issues.,10,Online training,1,10,10,Because I was new to virtual environments and this was my first product, I relied on the help of Scale to help me build those skills.,No - we have not done any customization to the interface,No - we have not done any custom code,None,No,I have only dealt with Scale support once. One of the hard drives failed. I was pleasantly surprised that support answered my call quickly, troubleshooting commenced instantly, and a replacement drive was sent within 24 hours. After installing, I sent an email to the technician notifying which was responded to lightning fast. He remoted into the system and tested to ensure everything was back to functioning order. He surprisingly followed up a week later to ensure everything was still in working order.,Uploading media and mounting within VMs. Backup and recovery. Creation of VMs are simple and lightning fast.,Only when migrating older version of Windows Server. Compatibility issues tend to take time.,10,10,10,10,10,10,No negotiated was needed since they started with a great discount and included support and training.,None.,Yes,Role-based access controls.,None,No,NoScale Computing - MagnificentWe use Scale Computing in our North America location. It addresses the problems and limitations of using VMware. Scale Computing allows for a better set up of virtual server environments.,It has the best platform for virtual server management. Upgrading memory and disk space was a breeze. Customer support is fantastic.,The setup is still a bit new to some people, so offsite data centers are a bit unfamiliar with it.,10,10,One of the many applications we run on Scale is our companies' ERP system. It requires a lot of memory and disk space to run, but it handles it with no problems.,The most important impact was that it didn't require as much money to get it started. We started small with two server nodes and expanded from there.,,4,2,We use scale for all sever needs. Setting up new virtual environments. Segregation of large software items.,One great use is creating clone environments of our large ERP system.,It will help in better managing what we copy to our offsite backups.,10,Aruba Networks Wireless LAN (WLAN), Cisco Webex Teams (formerly Cisco Spark), Miradore Online, Rise Vision, Ubiquiti Networks UniFi, Spiceworks,Yes,Price Product Features Product Usability Product Reputation Vendor Reputation,If we had it to do all over again I firmly believe we would make the same decision. If we did not make the same decision then we would regret our decision. We love Scale Computing and the products we use from them.,Implemented in-house,No,Change management was minimal,We did not have any issues. It was seamless.,10,No,No,We upgraded the memory in 3 Scale servers. We used Scale support to upgrade to firmware while we had them down to upgrade memory. Scale stayed on the line with us through the whole process and made it absolutely seamless in the process. We kept the same support rep through the whole process which made it even better.,Creating new VM's Cloning VM's Monitoring RAM and Disc usage.,Have not found one yet in comparison to other brands.,10Simply Amazing, the Node Cluster that can't be beat!We use the Scale Computing HC3 across our whole organization to supply our Staff and customers with our software application. This infrastructure solves the issue we had with stability and redundancy when using servers in the past. Since purchasing and upgrading to this node cluster, we have never been happier or more confident in our solution to support our staff and clients.,Hardware redundancy. Although I haven't had a need to use it yet, I know that all main failure points of any hardware has a redundant secondary to pick up in any failures. Easy upgrade; to update the Hyper visor or installing a new node is simple and easy to do. The configuration is a simple step by step process that even a non Techy person can follow. Automatic Snapshots; with the latest update for automatic Snapshots & Backups, I can control what backup schedule I want and mange my snap shots with ease VM Creation. I am constantly creating new Virtual machines for my programmers. With the easy to use tools provided by Scale, I can have a new VM up and running in seconds.,Automatic Exports. Although they have the ability to create scheduled snap shots, I am waiting on the tool to allow us to automatically create exporting schedules to a 3rd party NAS Historical Reports, the Hypervisor allows us to see real-time reports of our cluster, but it would be nice to have detailed historical reports of this data to look for patterns in our software resources,10,10,Currently I have run the following applications critical to my business: Exchange 2013 & 2016, Active Directory 2008 & 2016, Sage CRM, Sage Accounting, LDAPs, Custom Applications, Sharepoint and many more. All applications I've installed have worked flawlessly on the Scale Computer HC3. Thanks to the assistance of their Support, I was even able to receive assistance in some of the install when I had questions about different drivers.,We have ended up saving money due to less hardware purchases from the capacity given to us during the initial purchase of Scale Computing. We went from 6 servers and 2 NAS down to a 4 Node Cluster with a single NAS for off site replication. This has dropped our Power capacity by 1/4 saving us costs with our Data Center We are able to mange the Cluster from a single portal. This has cut our management time in half and allowed us to work on other items and less worrying about our Node Cluster.,,3,1,All of my use cases are the same, Our entire network expect external backups reside on the Scale Computing HC3 cluster. Our web application is 24/7 to clients. If it goes down at any point; I can guarantee I will be getting a call from a client in seconds. With the Scale Computing HC3 cluster, we have had 0 down time due to Hardware or internal infrastructure,At this moment the only unexpected item we do with this Node Cluster is the automatic Exports to a NAS based off of using the Tag line. This is not currently a feature on the Scale Computing HC3, so their support team was able to assist me in creating what I was looking for.,Right now in my internal office (My Node cluster is at a Data Center), I have a WD NAS for a shared device between all of my staff members. I am looking at creating an FTP on the Node Cluster to be able to remove 1 more device from my infrastructure. Currently I also configure computers every time we need a new one for additional hires. I am looking into different versions of Thin Clients and would like to see if this is something I can set up on the Scale Computing HC3 to give me easier management of computers.,10,Microsoft Exchange, Sage 50 Accounting, Pivotal Tracker, Microsoft Visual Studio Team System, Team Foundation Server,Creating a Virtual Machine. Simply fill out the size and specs for what you want and click Create. It is as simple as that Media Management. Simply upload what you need and it is ready to use Snapshots. Creating a schedule is simple to do. After that, simply edit your VM and select which schedule you want it to back up on.,Historical usage reports unfortunately do not exist yet. This would be a nice to have in the future. Feature for automatic Exporting does not exist yet,10I love our Scale[It's being used] To host most corporate servers including AD, file, print, CCTV and app servers.,Ease of use Superb value compared to traditional competitors,The time between order and delivery seems slow.,10,7,We currently host: - Active Directory - File Servers - Print Servers - Security Camera system & storage - Stadium concession systems (critical game-day system) - Stadium 50-50 system (critical game-day system). Our 50-50's are a huge deal in this part of the world.,Hewlett Packard,,2,Active Directory File & Print services Security Camera system & data storage Stadium Concession system Satdium 50-50 draw system,We are currently testing a new Windows 2016 domain setup I hope to one day host the Football Operations Video services on the same system. Football Coaches use a dedicated system currently.,10,Windows Server, VMware ESXi, Microsoft Office 365,Creating a new VM Adding OS Media Creating VM snapshots,I wish I could change the size of disk volumes easily.,No,9Review of our Scale HC3 systemWe use the Scale Computing HC3 platform across our whole organization. With its ease of use, we are able to obtain 99.9% uptime as well as a full DR site with 100% of our data. It solves the need by not requiring complicated switching equipment, advanced networks, etc. All of the systems are essentially self-contained and require near 0 maintenance.,DR - Scale does DR really well. With a few clicks, you can have a (or more) multiple DR sites. Ease of use - The system is extremely easy to use through it's GUI. With a few clicks, you're able to spin a VM up and have it set up snapshots and replication to other sites.,Ability to share or use dynamic memory.,10,10,We run our entire environment on the HC3 system. Primary & Backup domain controllers, application servers, file servers and most importantly our terminal servers. I have been blown away by the ease of use, performance and redundancy with the system.,To be honest - It's still a bit early to accurately tell our ROI -- But so far, we are happy.,VMware ESXi and XenServer,Deploying new VMs,Some back-end changes or console configuration changes.,No,10Scale Computing HC3 is a no brainerIt is being used across the whole organization and we have migrated most of our servers to run virtually within HC3. We should be finalizing all the movements this year.,Ease of use Great support Uptime is great,10,10,Right now we run everything from active directory, file and printer servers, HR software, and 4 to 5 different databases without issue.,Less hardware to manage Lower energy cost Less time to deployment,Nutanix,Deploying new servers Managing virtual images and moving them from node to node Easy to use and understand dashboard,None,10
Windows, Linux, Unix
Scale Computing HC3

Scale Computing HC3 Reviews

Scale Computing HC3

Showing 6 of 240 Scale Computing HC3 ratings and reviews.

Do you use this product? Write a Review

About Scale Computing HC3

Scale Computing offers edge computing, virtualization, and hyperconverged solutions for customers around the globe. Scale Computing HC3® software promises to eliminate traditional virtualization software, disaster recovery software, servers, and shared storage, replacing these with a fully integrated, highly available system for running applications. The vendor says that, using patented HyperCore™ technology, the HC3 self-healing platform automatically identifies, mitigates, and corrects problems in the infrastructure in real-time, enabling applications to achieve maximum uptime even when local IT resources and staff are scarce. The vendor says ease-of-use, high availability, and TCO are key differentiators. The product works for distributed enterprises, global retailers, and SMBs alike.

According to the vendor, key features and benefits include:

• Install in less than an hour
  • Deploy new VMs in minutes
  • Built-in Browser-based Management
  • Software-defined, hybrid storage system with automated tiering
  • Fully integrated, cluster-wide resource utilization and alerts
  • Single vendor support experience, no disparate systems to integrate
  • Integrated all-in-one appliance
  • Scale-out Architecture
  • Mix and match new nodes
  • Incremental resources improve performance of existing workloads
  • Fast and easy to expand, no downtime required
  • No additional licensing required
  • Start small and grow as your business grows
  • No forklift upgrades

Scale Computing HC3 Features

Has featureSimplicity
Has featureHigh Availability
Has featureScalability

Scale Computing HC3 Integrations

Leostream, Cloud Unity - Google

Scale Computing HC3 Competitors

VMware vCenter Server, VMware ESXi, Nutanix, Hyper-V, HPE SimpliVity (formerly OmniCube)

Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
HC12008,500Per Node
HC1250D15,170Per Node
HC12509,665Per Node
HC1250DF16,750Per Node
HC5250D25,700Per Node

Pricing shown in U.S. Dollar. Pricing for other regions available on request.

Scale Computing HC3 Customer Size Distribution