Generally speaking, ZenTao is very convenient to use. Our company is using it together which makes our team more convenient in software …
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of ZenTao, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
- Product management: product, story, backlog, plan, release and roadmap
- Project management: project, Sprint, task, build and burndown chart
- Test management: bug, test case, test request and test result
- CI: Jenkins integration, automation testing, ZTF
- Document management: product document library, project document library and customized document library
- Work management: todo management and my task/ bug/ story/ project
- Company management: user, department, group and privileges
- Report: various statistical reports and custom reports
- Search feature: powerful search function helps you find the information you need
- Extensibility: extensible in almost any parts of ZenTao
- API mechanism: flexible for integration with other systems
- Supported: Task Management
- Supported: Resource Management
- Supported: Gantt Charts
- Supported: Scheduling
- Supported: Workflow Automation
- Supported: Team Collaboration
- Supported: Support for Agile Methodology
- Supported: Support for Waterfall Methodology
- Supported: Document Management
- Supported: Email integration
- Supported: Mobile Access
- Supported: Change request and Case Management
|Deployment Types||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android|
- It provides multiple views to track the progress of our projects.
- It allows document and feedback management too.
- it has wonderful collaboration tools.
- It is a flexible project management tool that allows customizations.
- [I feel] they should provide an update.
- It is buggy [in my experience].
- [I believe] its interface needs more improvement and should be less complicated for beginners especially.
- Test management tool.
- Application management tool.
- Email reminder and instant messenger integration.
- Budget management.
My team is a dev team, and I am the tech lead of the team. ZenTao was first being implemented at first inside our team, and it was used across other departments like our HR, and Marketing. Not the whole organization, but almost 80% of our company.
We found it was pretty hard to track our tasks and bugs when collaborating on the same product. We wanted a tool to track sprint and issue. So that was how it came to ZenTao.
- Story could be linked with product, sprint, test case, bug, which makes traceability so great.
- Test module, with test case, case library, test request, test report, very detailed.
- On-Premise available, the package is very small based on LAMPP
- SaaS version even cheaper without your own IT maintenance support.
- Price really affordable.
- API call is easy, so that we could do customizations.
- Mobile app, only a web based, not a real app.
- The UI is a bit boring, for fresh user, the interactive guide is not so good as others.
- There are not so many languages you could choose.
Generally speaking, ZenTao is very convenient to use. Our company is using it together which makes our team more convenient in software development. Although it has some small shortcomings. But many teams we know are using it. It's a very popular product.
ZenTao allows you to create products, projects, and tasks. Projects can be subdivided. Product management and project management can be separated. It has a remark function when creating products, projects, and tasks. When it needs to input, it can mark and assign in it. This is a collaborative solution. Each task can be added (such as documents, images, zip files, videos). ZenTao also has GitHub and SVN integration. Part of the source code is also open.
We use ZenTao for agile development and test projects to track status. After being used by several project managers, the effect is quite remarkable. The tracking method is relatively simple and error-free.
- In ZenTao, there are three key roles, Product Owners, Development teams, and QA teams. The three roles cooperate with each other through stories, representing the Tripartite in project management. Product Owners gather stories; Development teams perform tasks, and QA teams guarantee qualities.
- Agility is a better way to embrace change. It is very suitable for software R &D industry. Different development plans are adopted according to customers' needs and market changes.
- ZenTao is a full life cycle management software. Including product management, project management, task management, bug management.
- The function of ZenTao mobile version is a little weak.
- ZenTao users need to receive training before they start using the software, because for testers, the first use of the software may be a little complicated, and they cannot execute the same test case multiple times in the same test execution process.
- Although there are many reports built in. But if you want to get the data yourself，You have to know how to write SQL to customize your reports, which can a little bit challenging.