Overall Satisfaction with 8x8
We purchased 3 Cisco SPA-122 devices and 1 Cisco SPA-8000 device from 8x8 to test out 5 new fax lines (3 incoming and 2 outgoing) vs. using local Charter numbers with GFI Faxmaker 14. We started our test back in January and February 2014. We did this to compare cost, QoS and overall network overhead against hosting and running GFI Faxmaker 14 internally. Initially, we encountered no issues purchasing or setting up the Cisco SPA-122 and SPA-8000 devices and we were happy because it was cheaper to go with 8x8 than GFI Faxmaker 14. However, about a month into the test, we started to encounter frequent line congestion/noise and disconnect with the Cisco SPA-122 and Cisco-8000 devices and we eventually had to restart the devices every day during non-business hours in order to reset the device and purge out pending faxes. For 3 weeks, we tried to get replacement devices from 8x8 but they wouldn't send us any because we were considered residential customers and defective equipment for residential customers wasn't covered under warranty replacement. Finally, after 2 weeks of contact from support and lack of concern from 8x8, we cancelled our service with 8x8 and went back to using Charter and GFI Faxmaker.
- No issues purchasing the Cisco SPA-122 and SPA-8000 devices.
- No issues setting up the Cisco SPA-122 and SPA-8000 devices.
- Cheaper to go with 8x8 service and the Cisco SPA-122 or Cisco SPA-8000 devices than hosting GFI Faxmaker 14 yourself.
- Frequent line congestion/noise and disconnect with the Cisco SPA-122 and Cisco-8000 devices which require you to restart the devices daily
- Lack of concern from Customer Support
- Defective equipment for residential customers isn't covered under warranty replacement.
- 8x8 Customer Service was awful. We received no ROI or valuable knowledge from them.
- 8x8 saved us about $80 a month in the 2 months we used them.
- Fax Support was less stringent and overall IT overhead was reduced as we didn't have to check out a Faxmaker server or service every couple of hours.
GFI Faxmaker/Mail Essentials 14 is more reliable and has better customer support than using the Cisco SPA-122 and Cisco SPA-8000 devices with 8x8, when you send out 200-500 faxes daily. 8x8 costs significantly less than GFI Faxmaker/Mail Essentials 14.
Based on their poor customer service and lack of warranty replacement, I would not recommend or use 8x8.