Great Accounting System for All Non-Profitshttps://www.trustradius.com/accountingMIP Fund Accounting (formerly Abila MIP)Unspecified86191012016-07-13T16:56:44.583Z
Updated January 08, 2018
Great Accounting System for All Non-Profits
Score 10 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Abila MIP Fund Accounting
We use Abila MIP Fund Accounting as our accounting software for the entire organization. It is being used by the accounting department of approximately 5 people, including myself. Since we are solely funded by grants and contributions, it keeps all our sources of funds segregated. It is very easy to use for this purpose.
- Segregation of different types of funds.
- Reporting module very versatile. We have been able to create all different types of reports that our old system could not do.
- Accounts receivable system easy to use and track what's owed to the organization.
- Allocation module is a great tool for allocating out costs across the board.
- The allocation module works off of one account code. If that account does not have activity for the period of the allocation, it will not run and we have to go back in and change it to an account that does have activity for the period.
- Another problem with the allocation module is in one that we have set up for fringe benefits. There is no way to set the fringe benefit rate. The allocation automatically pulls the rate that is entered for our overhead allocation and we need to manually change it to the correct rate.
- There has been a very positive impact of MIP on our organization. We have been able to do more than we could with any other system. We can create and provide reports to management that we would not have been able to in the past.
Yes, we have completely achieved that benefit. We have many different sources of funding as previously noted. We transitioned to this system 9 years ago for this exact purpose.
I was not involved in the choosing of this system, so I cannot comment on this.
Abila MIP fund accounting is well suited for organizations with many different funds that need to be tracked separately. We have a $20 million budget with over 70 active grants at any given time. The software is adept at handling the needs of this type organization. I'm sure it could handle even more volume and would also be good for smaller organizations too.
MIP Fund Accounting Feature Ratings
Using Abila MIP Fund Accounting
Abila MIP Support
JMT Consulting is great and always solves our problems quickly. Abila we have had some issues with getting the support we need.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Yes - Our first resource is JMT Consulting who sold us and set up our system. If they cannot help us, we also have a service agreement with Abila as well.
Most of our support comes from an outside consulting firm.
Using Abila MIP
We find MIP to very user friendly and easy to learn. There are some small issues, but for the most part, it can do everything we need it to.
- Financial Reporting- you can customize most reports to your need
- Accounts receivable
- Journal Entries
- Set up of 1099 vendors has some issues because we have vendors with expenses that require a 1099 and also expenses that don't.
- Imports- these are great, but they are not pre-set. You need to have a support person help you set them up.
- User Set up- You have to set up each and every aspect of the users tasks and sometimes tasks are in areas you wouldn't even think to look at. It would be easier if you could say, yes, give the person all rights to Accounts Payable, rather than having to check each task off. A copy function would also be helpful where you can copy from a previous user.