Act-On is a Class Act
October 09, 2014
Act-On is a Class Act
Director of Marketing Communications
Life Sciences Trainers & Educators Network (LTEN)Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Act-On
We are currently using Act-On as an organization-wide solution for our email, marketing automation and lead generation and lead warming. The email capabilities alone have been worth the investment - the ability to segment, visibility into the engagement, trend spotting, A/B testing capabilities, and the like are making all the difference in how we connect with our current and prospective members. The platform is easy to use and set-up and allows me to quickly see current campaign activities and also generate reports and dive deeper into the data. The platform integrates with much our existing marketing channels (social channels, Google Words and Google Shortener, SalesForce, GoToMeeting, etc) and allows us to tie our efforts to actual event registrations, page views, email opens/clicks, etc. We use their custom forms to help capture leads and roll them into relevant marketing campaigns. I can also set up drip campaigns to help target those most interested in our member services and groups. And we use the data we get from Act-On to isolate and troubleshoot inactive members.
- The email building, delivery and reporting is a terrific tool. I can build, test, modify and send email all from within one easy platform and see engagement stats (and act upon those stats and segments) with a few clicks. So quick and easy.
- Their forms are indispensable. We have opted to create many of our campaign forms through Act-On because integrating those contacts into relevant marketing messages is so easy. There's no doubt that we'd be missing these leads otherwise.
- I really appreciate the subscription tools and the visibility into bounces and opt-outs. This has given our audience and us more choices in terms of what types of messages they view.
- The integration with other platforms (SalesForce, Outlook, webinars, social media channels, etc) is a huge plus. Instead of managing several platforms, we can work from within the Act-On platform or outside of it and our efforts are reflected within the Act-On tool without very much effort.
- I would love to see them do more with their social tools. Currently, this is one area where they have good basic functionality but not nearly enough to make me stop using Hootsuite which has the ability to batch schedule and integrates with online searches through their web widget.
- They have the ability to A/B test and we can set up multivariate test but would love to have the ability to more easily test different days and time of days less manually.
- It has allowed us to capture and nurture leads in a way we've never been able to do before.
- We can create more robust and segmented/tailored messages which was something we could not do previously.
- We can now track our efforts and compare campaigns and efforts to help us to continuously improve communications.
These features are the right-size for us. Period. End. We could go cheap and go back to how we use to "market" but that wasn't engagement and we didn't know what our members were seeing and interested in. Through Act-On we have an affordable and easy platform that hits nearly every one of our needs.
I use Act-On every day and can hardly image a time before Act-On. We use it as one of our main communication tools and monitor our marketing activities. Again, I don't tend to use its social media schedule and insight tools mostly because Hootsuite has filled in that space nicely. I can't honestly think of any circumstances in which I wouldn't use Act-On generally. I wouldn't use their tools for blog pages but could conceivably create a micro site if needed. We also don't use them as an event registration because we have a membership platform that we have to tie into and so have not as yet explored that option but might in the future.