Overall Satisfaction with Act-On
We have implemented Act-On (after a failed attempt with another marketing automation program) to help us automate our sales and marketing process throughout the lead life cycle. Act-On is used by our sales and marketing team to prospect new leads and to nurture new, non-responsive or previously unqualified leads.
- Salesforce integration. I'm able to accomplish everything that I need to accomplish seamlessly between Act-On and Salesforce.
- Support. Our use of Act-On is probably fairly unique but every question or issue I throw at my customer success manager (Scott S., who is AMAZING) is always met with a convenient and innovative solution.
- Automation. The automated programs are very intuitive and easy to set up, monitor and use.
- Website Prospector. I've used other tools that are far more sophisticated in matching visitors with companies (instead of ISPs, which Prospector does more often than not) and in preserving a visitor's identity throughout their entire process (such as, linking an identity to an anonymous user once that user is identified via a form). I think it is probably heading in the right direction but at this point I think it's the feature that needs the most attention.
- E-mail Templates. Templates are created through stationery, which while it would be very easy to use for a company sending out multiple identically-designed e-mails, is a bit cumbersome for more design-focused HTML e-mails. I'd love more flexibility with HTML and WYSIWYG HTML editing.
- Increased lead conversion efficiency
- Increased output of marketing e-mails
- Flawless integration with sales CRM; no mis-matched information or confusing leads for our Sales team
Compared to SharpSpring, Act-On has it's act together. SharpSpring is obviously a value tool in comparison. Our major issue with SharpSpring was Salesforce integration; we constantly had issues with leads being re-uploaded, data changing or not changing when it was supposed to, or many other syncing issues that caused many headaches and a lot of clean-up time. I did prefer SharpSpring's anonymous visitor tracking and e-mail creation, but it simply wasn't worth the discounted price to deal with the headaches. The ease of setting up automation and integrating it with Salesforce made Act-On 100% worth the upgrade, and I wish we hadn't spent a few months trying to make something else work for us.
Act-On is a fantastic marketing automation solution if you are using Salesforce - for our needs, we chose it over Salesforce's own marketing automation program because of the flexibility of the two-way syncing. I would say if your company regularly needs to use marketing e-mails that are heavily HTML-focused that the editor may not have the flexibility you are looking for and may be cumbersome. I would strongly suggest a product demo to walk through the content editors, the prospecting and the automation setup to fully see the capabilities yourself. Most of the features are head and shoulders above other options we researched for our use.