https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/IO/Hz/EUTIG343OTFM.PNGAgency Overview For SharpSpring Marketing AutomationAll of our team are using SharpSpring across the board, from management who use all features to track incoming sales and opportunities, through to our web designers, who use the CRM and email features to talk with clients and send them updates. Overall, the system is very useful as it keeps all of our important sales and marketing materials in one place, speeding up our working processes and environment.,Having used other marketing automation products in the past, SharpSpring comes in with a fresh and relevant product, packed full of workflow features that help our marketing team and sales team reach their goals. The CRM is well crafted and easier than most other CRMs we have either tried ourselves or worked on for our clients. They are always new features in planning and SharpSpring are very welcoming of new feature requests. The automation and visual workflow system is easy to operate once you have a marketing plan in mind. Once you have something to say, it is easy to say using SharpSpring. GDPR compliance on all aspects is great.,The mobile app is a little basic in terms of full automation access but works well as a CRM when I am traveling. The landing pages are not fully SSL certified, but I understand that is a work in progress from the developers. The opportunities section for managing potential sales is set up for 1-time contract fees or job totals, rather than options for monthly management contracts. The built-in tag system is for automation only, where new clients assume when they see the option, that is for the contact manager and are a little disappointed when it is not a contact searching tool. I understand that is also a work in progress to make better in the future.,10,So far, SharpSpring has been very positive for our ROI, simply as we created our instance to work for our benefit and use it now to strengthen where we were weakest before. Of course, dealing with the transition into a GDPR compliant era with offline systems and several online systems, SharpSpring's approach and commitment to compliance for its customers worldwide solved some problems for our team knowing that we had right to forget options and double opt-in tools at our disposal before the rulings even came into place. It took a lot of work to transition all of our contacts, email templates, media and opportunities from our older CRM, MailChimp and our cloud storage. I would say to anyone considering any marketing automation service to be aware that it takes quite a few weeks, if not months to get fully set up and trained in the systems enough before you start to realise a real ROI.,,Less than 10,000,Both,Dropbox, Google Search Console, Google Analytics, Google Cloud Storage, Insightly,No,9,No,Yes. We had created a specific contact page form using several fields and when live on a campaign, some of the data was not being transferred to our contact manager correctly, so when we reached out for support, 2 members of the support team were on it, inspecting the form, testing the form with dummy data until they figured out a referral field was the issue. Simply altering the form fields solved the problem and the form has worked perfectly ever since.Ideal for agencies and smaller companiesWe are a small agency and we use SharpSpring for all of our clients. Because of the price point, we are able to implement it to greater or lesser degrees based on the services each client requires. For some, we have implemented landing pages with workflows and buyer personas. For others, we use it more like an email platform.,The value is exceptional. There is no way we'd be able to offer the benefits of marketing automation to our clients with any other platform out there now. The people have always been a pleasure to work with. The onboarding was customized to how we were planning to use the platform. At no point were we made to feel that we didn't know marketing at all just because we hadn't yet used a marketing automation platform. They are constantly rolling out new features and capabilities. Really easy to keep our clients up to date with their automatic VisitorID emails and other automation we've set up.,You want to have someone on your team who knows basic HTML. The WYSIWYG editor can be glitchy and it is much easier to just hop into the code. Some features are not totally robust. For example, negative triggers are not available (has not visited the page/has not opened the email/has not viewed the media). However, there are ways to work around that using filters or lists. Roll out and features and capabilities are slightly behind the industry. For example, social media was only integrated in December 2017. That has not been a huge downside for us because, for example, we had been using another platform for social media. Can be glitchy, especially when new features are rolled out. For example, automatic image resizing while maintaining proportions didn't work for a couple of weeks. I did the calculations on my phone until it was working again. The glitches have never been deleted-all-your-contacts level, just a bit annoying.,9,We're front of mind for our customers with the daily or weekly VisitorID emails. Our clients have long sales cycles. We've been much better able to tie marketing activities to sales than we ever have before using the Life of Lead. We've been able to use automation features for our own agency and our clients to save time.,10,000 to 25,000,B2B,Trello, Buffer, Canva,No,Price Product Features Positive Sales Experience with the Vendor Third-party ReviewsSharpSpring review from HollandWe are a Search Marketing Agency and we use SharpSpring as a marketing automation tool for our clients. E-mail marketing is often part of the online marketing strategy we set out. We help set-up/implement SharpSpring, give advice or create the content that is needed, brainstorm overflows and offer support for the client when they have any questions or need help once we have started marketing automation. For our clients, it helps them automate sending e-mails and helps segment their prospects. All with the end goal to drive them towards a conversion.,Onboarding was really good. Tailored to our specific needs and usually very vast replies on questions and answers. It is easy to manage your clients and work in the accounts of your clients. Once you get the hang of using flows, there are a lot of possibilities to work with,The sales process (pipeline) has no automation functionality. It would be great if this could be automated to some extend as well. You can only create triggers on actions that people take. Not on actions people do not take. To create this it often takes a workaround. For example, it is not possible to create a trigger on 'did not open e-mail'. We are a Dutch agency, and the tooling SharpSpring uses for recognizing who visits your website is quite poor in Holland. We do not get a lot of data. Would be great if the could partner up with a Dutch party for this. That would give us a bit more value. Some things could use an update. For example button creation in e-mails, this has limited possibilities. Some things are not adjustable. Like the message people get whet they unsubscribe. We would like to make this a bit more personal / friendlier but this is not possible.,8,For some clients, it price did not weigh up to the benefits Some clients find the system hard because they are used to tools like Mailchimp wich are a bit more designed towards user experience. Because they find SharpSpring hard to grasp or are not quite committed they sometimes have trouble seeing its value. Generating leads that get converted and filtering out which leads to follow-up on. It saves time because you can decide better which leads to follow-up. You can skip not interesting leads so this time can then be used to follow-up quality leads. This makes the sales process more efficient. Hard to put an exact ROI on that.,Active Campaign and HubSpot,10,000 to 25,000,BothMy choice for ad agency business developmentI work with advertising agencies to help them improve their business development program. A marketing automation platform is an essential tool for high-performance business development. If my agency clients do not currently have a platform I help them understand which tool fits their needs best. In most cases, they choose ShaprSpring because it has all the features they need without overwhelming them with the things they don't want and don't want to pay for. It provides them with CRM, EMail, Analytics, Social Media, Automation, Analytics, and Pipeline Management functions all integrated into one easy to use system that can be shared across the organization.,A CRM for all my prospects, partners, press, search consultants, past clients, and colleagues – with a delightfully simple contact page to work with. Business rules automate for various tasks like emails, notifications, reporting, reminders, website, calls and meeting follow-ups, birthdays, anniversaries, the list is endless – the time savings is appreciated An email platform to create, send and track email and click activity – integrated and intelligent so I know what I have sent and what I should do next To schedule and track outreach; introductions, reoccurring emails, nurture campaigns, recontacting and retargeting – I set the triggers and voilà, it happens whether I remember or not A website tracker to see when prospects and new leads pay a visit to my website and what specific content they were interested in – I can follow up with relevant next steps For pipeline management, reporting and forecasting – I know what opportunities are ahead, when and how to work them, and produce sensible forecasting for budgeting, staffing, resources and timing Full visibility into all the processes involved in business development– I feel in control rather than being controlled by the chaos To share my activities with clients and teams, reporting, BD analysis and optimization, win and loss analysis – status reports are so much easier and more meaningful Simple and sensible infographics show me what I want to know at a glance – I see just what I want without sifting through all kinds of stuff I don’t want to know For prospect engagement tracking, lead scoring and prioritization – my best opportunities are always at the top of the list For campaign analytics, email and content ROI tracking – I know what works and what doesn’t and what to invest in and what to avoid,I'd like to see more training videos in each section. Currently, SharpSpring has a unique feature that brings contextually relevant help to every page. I love the videos because my clients can easily learn and troubleshoot on their own. I like to see more I'd like to see more use cases and examples of common business rules automation, short-cuts, lessons learned.,10,It has increased my pipeline yield by 23% It has saved me about 20 hours a week by eliminating countless tasks It has increased my output more than I can measure,Less than 10,000,BothConnects the Dots Between Marketing and SalesWe use it to facilitate leads through our sales funnel. A big challenge for small companies is letting leads fall through the cracks. SharpSpring helps close that gap, with an integrated platform of automated marketing and CRM. It provides insights on what our prospects and customers are doing in terms of visiting our website (what pages, when and for how long) and email communication. It really does bridge the gap between marketing and sales, allowing our clients to get even more value out of the content and messaging campaigns we create and deploy for them.,Easily integrates with your website to give powerful insights on visitor interests and behaviors--and can send automated follow-up messages to return visitors to cultivate the relationship. A powerful CRM platform that shows every step, or "touch point" of the prospect/customer journey with you. A "Visitor ID" feature that can identify business visitors' organizations based upon their IP address--don't think many platforms do that. When I send someone an email, in most cases it can alert me when the recipient opens it. That's powerful. It's constantly improving, based on feedback from users like me.,I would also like to see some improvements on the mobile app--it's too cumbersome to open up and access which prevents me from using it as much as I may otherwise. I would like to see stronger integration with ThriveThemes--which is the conversion-focused platform I use for my WordPress websites and those of my clients. I use LinkedIn exclusively for prospecting, and stronger integration with that platform would be welcome (much of that is on LinkedIn). That said, it does have strong connectivity with all three social media platforms: LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.,9,I produce and deploy messaging campaigns for my clients to help them generate leads. Without the power of SharpSpring, many of those leads would be lost or mismanaged. I've been able to add this to my arsenal of solutions to offer my clients--I'm a small company like many of my clients. Offering SharpSpring at such an affordable price really does make marketing automation an easy call to make. Personally, I have grown professionally and learned SO MUCH in an area that changes every day. SharpSpring keeps up and leads the way.,HubSpot CRM,Less than 10,000,B2B,Dropbox, G Suite, WordPress
SharpSpring

SharpSpring Reviews

SharpSpring
Top Rated Award
Filter 134 vetted SharpSpring reviews and ratings
August 09, 2018

Review: "Agency Overview For SharpSpring Marketing Automation"

• Having used other marketing automation products in the past, SharpSpring comes in with a fresh and relevant product, packed full of workflow features that help our marketing team and sales team reach their goals.
  • The CRM is well crafted and easier than most other CRMs we have either tried ourselves or worked on for our clients.
  • They are always new features in planning and SharpSpring are very welcoming of new feature requests.
  • The automation and visual workflow system is easy to operate once you have a marketing plan in mind. Once you have something to say, it is easy to say using SharpSpring.
  • GDPR compliance on all aspects is great.
  • The mobile app is a little basic in terms of full automation access but works well as a CRM when I am traveling.
  • The landing pages are not fully SSL certified, but I understand that is a work in progress from the developers.
  • The opportunities section for managing potential sales is set up for 1-time contract fees or job totals, rather than options for monthly management contracts.
  • The built-in tag system is for automation only, where new clients assume when they see the option, that is for the contact manager and are a little disappointed when it is not a contact searching tool. I understand that is also a work in progress to make better in the future.
SharpSpring is ideal for companies that have a contact database of 5000 upwards, who email updates and marketing messages 3 - 4 times a month. In comparison to other email systems, it's worth the fees alone for better email management, not to mention the CRM aspects of the system. Everything else is a bonus.

Smaller SME clients, who have a smaller contact database may not get the full value, compared to using free available marketing tools.
Read Tony Burke's full review
July 19, 2018

SharpSpring Review: "Ideal for agencies and smaller companies"

• The value is exceptional. There is no way we'd be able to offer the benefits of marketing automation to our clients with any other platform out there now.
  • The people have always been a pleasure to work with.
  • The onboarding was customized to how we were planning to use the platform. At no point were we made to feel that we didn't know marketing at all just because we hadn't yet used a marketing automation platform.
  • They are constantly rolling out new features and capabilities.
  • Really easy to keep our clients up to date with their automatic VisitorID emails and other automation we've set up.
  • You want to have someone on your team who knows basic HTML. The WYSIWYG editor can be glitchy and it is much easier to just hop into the code.
  • Some features are not totally robust. For example, negative triggers are not available (has not visited the page/has not opened the email/has not viewed the media). However, there are ways to work around that using filters or lists.
  • Roll out and features and capabilities are slightly behind the industry. For example, social media was only integrated in December 2017. That has not been a huge downside for us because, for example, we had been using another platform for social media.
  • Can be glitchy, especially when new features are rolled out. For example, automatic image resizing while maintaining proportions didn't work for a couple of weeks. I did the calculations on my phone until it was working again. The glitches have never been deleted-all-your-contacts level, just a bit annoying.
I would say this is the only choice for agencies, especially for smaller agencies or agencies working with smaller companies. SharpSpring is a platform; it is not a marketing university. So this is for marketing professionals who are going to keep up with best practices and teach themselves how to get the most out of it. This is not for busy founders who want their hand held on how to implement it and how to apply it to their company. This is also great for smaller marketing budgets and/or marketing skeptics who want or need a more gradual rollout of marketing automation features and services.
Read Meghan Pavasaris's full review
March 30, 2018

"SharpSpring review from Holland"

• Onboarding was really good. Tailored to our specific needs and usually very vast replies on questions and answers.
  • It is easy to manage your clients and work in the accounts of your clients.
  • Once you get the hang of using flows, there are a lot of possibilities to work with
  • The sales process (pipeline) has no automation functionality. It would be great if this could be automated to some extend as well.
  • You can only create triggers on actions that people take. Not on actions people do not take. To create this it often takes a workaround. For example, it is not possible to create a trigger on 'did not open e-mail'.
  • We are a Dutch agency, and the tooling SharpSpring uses for recognizing who visits your website is quite poor in Holland. We do not get a lot of data. Would be great if the could partner up with a Dutch party for this. That would give us a bit more value.
  • Some things could use an update. For example button creation in e-mails, this has limited possibilities.
  • Some things are not adjustable. Like the message people get whet they unsubscribe. We would like to make this a bit more personal / friendlier but this is not possible.
If you want to create simple flows and are a small business I think there are less expensive tools that get the same things done. SharpSpring is a bit harder to learn but does offer a bit more functionalities. So if you are a bit larger sized company and have long flows with lots of bit's and but's SharpSpring is a good tool for you.
Read Stéphanie Erné's full review
May 18, 2018

SharpSpring Review: "My choice for ad agency business development"

• A CRM for all my prospects, partners, press, search consultants, past clients, and colleagues – with a delightfully simple contact page to work with.
  • Business rules automate for various tasks like emails, notifications, reporting, reminders, website, calls and meeting follow-ups, birthdays, anniversaries, the list is endless – the time savings is appreciated
  • An email platform to create, send and track email and click activity – integrated and intelligent so I know what I have sent and what I should do next
  • To schedule and track outreach; introductions, reoccurring emails, nurture campaigns, recontacting and retargeting – I set the triggers and voilà, it happens whether I remember or not
  • A website tracker to see when prospects and new leads pay a visit to my website and what specific content they were interested in – I can follow up with relevant next steps
  • For pipeline management, reporting and forecasting – I know what opportunities are ahead, when and how to work them, and produce sensible forecasting for budgeting, staffing, resources and timing
  • Full visibility into all the processes involved in business development– I feel in control rather than being controlled by the chaos
  • To share my activities with clients and teams, reporting, BD analysis and optimization, win and loss analysis – status reports are so much easier and more meaningful
  • Simple and sensible infographics show me what I want to know at a glance – I see just what I want without sifting through all kinds of stuff I don’t want to know
  • For prospect engagement tracking, lead scoring and prioritization – my best opportunities are always at the top of the list
  • For campaign analytics, email and content ROI tracking – I know what works and what doesn’t and what to invest in and what to avoid
  • I'd like to see more training videos in each section. Currently, SharpSpring has a unique feature that brings contextually relevant help to every page. I love the videos because my clients can easily learn and troubleshoot on their own. I like to see more
  • I'd like to see more use cases and examples of common business rules automation, short-cuts, lessons learned.
I haven't come across any scenarios where it isn't applicable. It is priced in a way that makes using some or all its features affordable. I use it for generating new customers across a wide variety of businesses in the most efficient and effective way. It’s a tool to make you smarter and more successful. It represents the best of Salesforce, Hubspot, Leadlander, Campaign Monitor, Social platforms, Google analytics, Post-it Notes and everything else, with a simple, easy to use interface that I call marketing magic. For less than a car payment, it has cleaned up my desk, made me better organized and put me in the driver’s seat of new business.
Read John Heenan's full review
March 01, 2018

SharpSpring Review: "Connects the Dots Between Marketing and Sales"

• Easily integrates with your website to give powerful insights on visitor interests and behaviors--and can send automated follow-up messages to return visitors to cultivate the relationship.
  • A powerful CRM platform that shows every step, or "touch point" of the prospect/customer journey with you.
  • A "Visitor ID" feature that can identify business visitors' organizations based upon their IP address--don't think many platforms do that.
  • When I send someone an email, in most cases it can alert me when the recipient opens it. That's powerful.
  • It's constantly improving, based on feedback from users like me.
  • I would also like to see some improvements on the mobile app--it's too cumbersome to open up and access which prevents me from using it as much as I may otherwise.
  • I would like to see stronger integration with ThriveThemes--which is the conversion-focused platform I use for my WordPress websites and those of my clients.
  • I use LinkedIn exclusively for prospecting, and stronger integration with that platform would be welcome (much of that is on LinkedIn). That said, it does have strong connectivity with all three social media platforms: LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
I speak mostly from a B2B perspective, and that's where I see its value. If you are building long-term business relationships, and you are engaging your prospects online through your website and email messaging (in addition to personal 121 outreach), SharpSpring is a crucial asset to making this go smoothly. I have successfully implemented it an asset recovery company that wants to engage and connect with financial institutions, as just one example. Looking also to deploy for a local coffee company that is re-branding and provides commercial services. If your business is more B2C, and more transaction-focused with little personal engagement, in my opinion, SharpSpring may not be the best choice.
Read Keith Luscher's full review
December 21, 2017

SharpSpring Review: "Ace!! Cost effective, Easy to use and most importantly proves value."

I am an agency and therefore work with multiple clients which requires me to have a full overview of everything at the click of my fingers. Due to set up and ease of use I can do that and be well informed quickly It has made my business a more collaborative one by joining sales and marketing as one and allowing greater visibility overall metrics to prove value to my customers. My main goal was a model that would grow my business and my clients and it has hit on all counts. It comes with the following CRM Marketing automation Full overview of sales and marketing Social integration and publishing Excellent reporting Collaborative working Landing page and form creator customer journey tracking Lead scoring
  • UX and navigation are really easy. The email funnel builder is particularly good.
  • Finally. An automation solution with a good CRM attached to the automation side.
  • Social media integration and touch points through the user journey
  • Excellent Lead scoring capabilities
  • Mobile phone offering
  • Not suitable for Enterprise but wouldn't surprise me if they improved that
Getting a quick and full overview of your client's data and metrics. The reporting is particularly great as the set up is very easy. I just love the user journey tracker. I can really get into the prospects mindset through tracking where he/she is following my brand. Building landing pages to improve your user journey is a must now and SharpSpring have mastered it
Read Phil Wharton's full review
November 06, 2017

Review: "Small Agency Growth with Marketing Automation by SharpSpring"

SharpSpring has been a valuable tool in our digital marketing agency since 2016. We not only use their robust marketing automation tools but also work with our clients to onboard them with SharpSpring. Our agencies biz dev has improved with the use of nurturing campaigns and workflows all implemented in SharpSpring. The ease of use in setting up email campaigns from templates, building out workflows (now in a visual builder) and creating dynamic web content based on buyer personas and lead field information has greatly helped grow our business.

We no longer need to use multiple vendors for email (like MailChimp), A/B testing of landing pages (Unbounce) and other third-party apps and tools. It's all within SharpSpring. And I've been hearing that social integration is coming soon!
  • Dynamic page content - we use this to build a one-to-one landing page for leads that are in our nurture campaigns.
  • VisitorID - know your anonymous page visitors with SharpSprings VisitorID feature. Uncover contacts at businesses that visit your site anonymously. This has been as great tool to enable us to find key decision makers and reach out directly to them.
  • In my option, SharpSpring is still seen as a maturing platform for marketing automation. It's great for the small to mid sized businesses.
  • In the past year I struggled with using the visual email builder. It was a little glitchy in the early stages but seem to have fixed the bugs lately.
SharpSpring is great for building out the whole lead generation path. From initial lead to nurturing, to closing the deal. We also are now finding the email campaigns a great way to share our blog posts, monthly newsletter and build one-to-one emails to convert leads to sales. If you're only looking for a CRM system without all the marketing automation, email, dynamic pages, etc, then SharpSpring is probably not for you. But why just have a basic CRM in the first place??
Read Jeff Tincher's full review
February 09, 2018

User Review: "SharpSpring up and running in one day"

We started with SharpSpring last year to get our sales pipeline under control. We knew we needed a marketing automation platform and wanted CRM functionality built into the solution, not as a bolt on. The CRM side is super easy to setup and we had a functioning pipeline and forecast the same day I started using the platform. Doing so has provided visibility to all our deals and helped us make data driven decisions, not best guesses.
  • Ease of use in getting data into SharpSpring
  • Customer support and on-boarding was second to none
  • Creating leads is super fast: name, email that's it
  • We don't have a dedicated marketing team and therefore the MA side seems a little daunting for us.
  • The mobile experience is adequate, but could have better integrations to my phone.
  • Would love to see a integration with LinkedIn
SharpSpring is very user friendly and the integrations with Google have been amazing. It's best suited for applications which include both CRM and marketing automation. We are currently only using it for CRM but that's not a fault of the tool it's on us.
Read Brady Teter's full review
October 16, 2017

SharpSpring Review: "A great agency tool for marketing automation and CRM"

SharpSpring is being used across our organization- from finance to marketing to sales. As the CEO, I needed on clear dashboard with total transparency, and SharpSpring was able to provide that for me and for each of our team members.
  • SharpSpring is cutting-edge in terms of marketing automation capabilities. As a firm who delivers this level of smart marketing to our clients, we take these capabilities very seriously- and are very impressed with the level of detail and smart coding that have been done, to make our jobs easier and more intelligent.
  • Customer service is top-notch. It's unlimited and personal. We had daily meetings with our onboarding coordinator and she never once tried to charge us. It was truly unlimited. And they have tons of tools and resources so we can quickly find our own answers- and a cool ability to suggest new features to their development team.
  • Their sales and pipeline reporting is the best we've seen. We can create limitless pipelines- so we have a pipeline per product, region and event. It's amazing insight- and just what my finance team was looking for.
  • It's a robust platform and you need to dedicate serious time upfront to learn and roll it out. We have experience in marketing automation but every tool is different- and this has a lot of new functionality as well that's unique to SharpSpring- so each and every week of the 6-week onboarding process was definitely needed and worthwhile.
Great for agencies who provide smart marketing to its clients. Not great for a person looking for a 'fast fix'. You have to commit to it.
Read Jaymie Cutaia's full review
January 16, 2018

SharpSpring Review: "Best value for money and fun to use"

SharpSpring helps us identify leads and conversate with leads on individual basis. The system is used by multiple users.
  • Good support
  • Great value for money
  • Visual workflow does not support all sort of workflows
  • Social integration needs some improvement
The system offers all functionality needed for SME marketing automation. It is pretty straightforward in use; support and documentation are very helpful. The system is flexible which makes it easy to combine and connect with other systems. Great value for money.
Read Rik van Kooten's full review
November 03, 2017

SharpSpring Review: "Marketing Automation Is A Must"

Our agency uses SharpSpring for our own business development and we also implement for our clients to help them develop leads and track ROI through all their marketing activities. Being able to get rid of MailChimp, Woofoo Forms, Leadpages and bring all of our Google and Social Media analytics into one place has made it very easy for us to track marketing activities and simplify and automate our sales pipeline.
  • Very intuitive and easy to use.
  • Great support. SharpSpring has not just been a vendor but a partner that has allowed us to grow our business.
  • SharpSpring has allowed us to give our clients a simple and clear picture of their ROI on all marketing campaigns.
  • The manual data entry is a little clunky.
  • If you have not used marketing automation you need to understand the commitment it takes. You have to be all in and set aside a good amount of time and resources to implement and be committed to use 100%.
If you own a small business and need to automate marketing tasks or integrate all of your marketing activities SharpSpring is a great platform. The same is true if you are an agency and want to help your clients develop leads and track the ROI on leads and conversions, SharpSring will give your agency a distinct advantage over agencies not using marketing automation.
Read Kris Martin's full review
November 02, 2017

SharpSpring Review: "Excellent and affordable solution"

We use SharpSpring as the bottleneck of our Inbound Marketing strategy. All of our campaigns are managed and monitored through SharpSpring. Our sales team are using the CRM functionality for their activities and reporting.
  • It is so easy to build forms and embed them onto your own webpage. Not only static, but also dynamic forms that allows you to gather more and more information about your leads.
  • The timeline is very useful and gives a nice overview of what your leads are doing on your websites.
  • Lead scoring allows you to do dynamic segmentation of leads.
  • The new visual work flow builder allows you to easily build advanced automation.
  • At the moment there is no SoMe integration.
  • Some minor bugs around in the system.
Tracking and monitoring website activity. Converting visitors to leads through dynamic forms. Advanced marketing automation with the visual workflow builder. Dynamic lists based on e.g. lead scoring.
Read Rolf Henrik Bekkstrand's full review
October 27, 2017

SharpSpring Review: "Good for us and our clients"

We use SharpSpring for our marketing automation, email marketing, campaign management and CRM. Our salespeople use the system to manage leads and sales and our marketing people use the email marketing and visitor id to develop leads. We find the system easy to use compared to alternative systems and have built a relationship with clients who use SharpSpring as part of their marketing suite of tools.
  • Ease of use - really easy to set up and use, it's uncomplicated but can be as sophisticated as you wish.
  • Price - vey cost effective especially as a reseller - allows us to resell at a competitive rate as well as support without having to charge all the time.
  • Support - the support is very responsive, sometimes things go wrong but the response time is very quick.
  • The email interface is old fashioned - our technical people have few issues but our designer gets very frustrated with it.
  • No social - it's on the roadmap.
It's not for everyone - depending on the scale of business, number, of leads and clients - ideally you would need to be managing contacts and leads in the 100s (leads) and 1000s for contacts. That said we use the system with small numbers when a client has a large sale value and a long sale cycle, e.g. construction projects.
Read Richard Coen's full review
October 23, 2017

SharpSpring Review: "Super effective, Super Pricing and Super Support!"

We use SharpSpring within our sales and marketing department, our aim was to bring the two teams together, which it has done. With the team working together we are managing to create warmer leads and increase our brand awareness which was an original problem for us. It really helps with our analytics as it covers the marketing activities (for example emails), but also the sales figures and the website tracking! The fact we can do all of that on SharpSpring in one place makes a comparison so much easier to see how we have progressed and perhaps areas that may not be.
  • The Life of the lead is great - a timeline of when the lead first became tracked then when they became a registered lead, the day and time these activities happened are shown, it tells you when the lead owner was assigned and when they were called - the outcome of the call along with emails and what they clicked on if they opened it etc. It holds a lot of detail so you can know exactly when they were last contacted.
  • The email builder is great there are so many layout options and it is completely customizable! It allows you to add dynamic content anywhere you wish! You can design the background and borders to completely match your theme. It gives you the option to text send, View in a pop out screen all to ensure it looks exactly how you wish! If you get a design you really like you can set it as a template so you can save time next time you want that design again instead of starting from scratch!
  • The vast array of analytic choices on SharpSpring appear endless they have several report you can build just on the sales pipeline side which is just one aspect of SharpSpring. you are able to export everything you do in SharpSpring which is really helpful as there is no complicated spreadsheets, on top of this you can schedule and send over reports via email to your colleagues to save more time and keep everything electronic.
  • I would like to be able to access a calendar within SharpSpring to help with planning and booking in Meetings etc.
  • The ability to add manual events/notes to the life of lead not just the notes section.
  • Social Media Scheduling - However I believe this is a new feature coming in the future.
Really suited for all sales and marketing teams looking to really focus on identifying their well-qualified lists and improving engagement with prospects. It works well when you are dealing with one particular person rather than a group of people so having a key contact you can assign all notes and reminders as essential to get the most out of your use.
Read Lucy Greenaway's full review
October 05, 2017

Review: "Your marketing technology stack isn’t complete without SharpSpring"

Parallel Interactive has expanded service to include lead generation, contact management, data-driven sales strategy, and analytics into small and mid-sized clients’ marketing stacks. Automated digital marketing is changing the whole playing field in our business. Robin Hood companies like SharpSpring create a massive bridge to valuable tools, once only available to the largest companies.
  • SharpSpring offers partner-preferred licenses and other agency-exclusive benefits.
  • Agencies are able to custom-build, scale, and efficiently manage a client’s entire or partial digital marketing stack.
  • Helps agencies and digital marketers transition from time-intensive manual reports to easy, integrated reports with charts and graphs - and available in seconds.
  • Don’t jump the starting gate. Build training into your schedule for all marketing and IT staff. Give your team some time to fully integrate before activating services with clients.
  • Transitioning an existing SharpSpring agency client to your agency account can be a hassle.
I am absolutely certain to recommend this to clients looking to layer automated marketing over
current platforms and integrate sales and marketing into one streamlined workflow.
Read Brian Van de Wetering's full review
October 03, 2017

Review: "SharpSpring is the Robin Hood of digital marketing data for agencies"

Our clients are taking a giant leap forward with in-bound marketing tools – including landing pages, email campaigns, sales management, CRM, and more. We are helping clients fully integrate sales and marketing into one seamless, highly effective management tool.
  • Month-to-month billing and open structure make it easy to kick the tires at a fraction of the cost of other services.
  • Agencies are able to open a new client service / revenue channel with ongoing subscriptions that increase a client’s understanding of customer data through the customer lifecycle.
  • This fully integrated use of marketing data gives us an invaluable compass as we help clients plan long-term and real-time sales/marketing strategy based on that data.
  • The only con is if you neglect SharpSpring’s training / onboarding process. It’s quite a time commitment to get ramped up but I’d imagine the most satisfied SharpSpring clients are also the most trained and experienced.
SharpSpring has powerful inbound marketing capabilities and services such as email campaigns, landing pages, CRM, sales management. It also has an Integrated CRM and intuitive dashboard to streamline tracking and reporting. It's well suited for smaller companies and has amazing features that previously could only fit an enterprise-level budget.
Read Steve Saars's full review
September 27, 2017

Review: "SharpSpring just blows others out of the water"

We use Sharpspring throughout our entire organization. The sales team uses Sharpspring as a CRM by logging/tracking calls and emails on an hourly basis. We are easily able to identify duplicate leads in our system (our mistake) and filter them correctly with Sharpspring features. Our marketing team uses the CRM to push out our drip emails to existing and prospective clients. As a whole, we use the Sharpspring to organize everything correctly so that our whole team is on the same page on a consistent basis.
  • Email Marketing Automation - A simple trigger engages the client or prospect on their own respective path down our email chain.
  • Team Filtering - Filter lead lists for each team member to avoid duplicate efforts.
  • Pipeline Tracking - Track all pipeline activities to stay on top of leads and deals.
  • Add the ability to search for client profiles with only the phone number.
SharpSpring is great and cost-effective. Using the CRM as a digital agency has saved us so much stress, hassle and time that the price could be double what it is and we would still see the value immensely.
Read Zechariah Jones's full review
January 12, 2018

Review: "SharpSpring is great for an Information Technology company"

Supra ITS is a Managed IT Services Company located in Toronto, Ontario. We focus on working with our clients, partners and making sure that they get the most up-to-date resources and tools to run their business. SharpSpring makes this so much easier for us to; manage, automate and work with our current CRM.
  • Simple and Easy to use
  • Quick and fast templates to use
  • Support is AMAZING
  • Live Chat feature would be amazing
I think the pricing model is great and very easy for any sized company to use :)
Read Quan K Luu 🌎's full review
October 04, 2017

SharpSpring Review: "Multiple pay-per-user tools at one flat price!"

eliminate multiple subscription fees and the need to use multiple tools with separate logins to accomplish certain goals all into one.
  • Price point
  • no per-user fees
  • Onboarding attention
  • support attention
  • Mobile App could use a bit of improvement
Sharpspring is well suited for agencies that want to manage their clients all from one place and it's good for dumping multiple different per user per month platforms to pay one fixed price.
August 15, 2017

SharpSpring Review: "Simply the best value marketing automation solution on the market"

We are relatively new to SharpSpring and we are a small agency. That said, it offers us a whole raft of capabilities that were previously lacking in what we were able to offer clients. As a B2B PR & marketing agency, it's crucial to help clients establish strong thought leadership which we were doing through content creation. The problem was always that clients lacked the ability to promote the content effectively and we were reluctant to start introducing ESPs like MailChimp and trying to design landing pages. We were also unable to offer clear value in helping disseminate the content properly. SharpSpring now gives us an incredibly affordable way to give clients an end-to-end B2B service offering including much greater insight, tracking, and accountability as well as non-invasive capabilities such as building landing pages, forms, and email campaigns.
  • Comprehensive set of tools - landing page builder, email campaigns, site visitor ID, sales insight, funnel builder, form builder, CRM and more.
  • Amazing value - it's such good value that when you first look at it, it seems too good to be true! Compared to Pardot and Hubspot it is a fraction of what they charge and you get free licenses included to use with clients. It's incredibly generous and also removes all the barriers to entry which are financially very high for companies like Hubspot that I was evaluating for over a year before I discovered SharpSpring.
  • Superb onboarding - I was assigned Matthew for a period of around 6 weeks and he could not have been more helpful. The onboarding is unlimited and very comprehensive and a credit to the company.
  • Great support - the technical and general support is brilliant. Although I am based in the UK and the company is in Florida, I always get a reply the same day from a technical person and am kept informed until it is resolved. SharpSpring have really invested in their support infrastructure after you sign on and it really shows. I have also suggested a few product features and receive a comprehensive reply back from the product team as to whether they see value in my suggestion and if it is going to be added to the work stack or not.
  • Onboarding prep - onboarding is great but you need to be aware that after about 3-4 weeks you will have explored all the features and then are expected to begin running campaigns. if you have not built a database or created good content for yourself then you could be naval gazing. This is not a criticism of SharpSpring but generally a warning they new users need to have the materials in place to start their own campaigns about 3 weeks in.
  • The landing page builder can be maddeningly frustrating to use and the email builder has a few glitches. These tools are not as WYSIWYG as they aspire to be but once you get the hang of them then you can create nice-looking emails and landing pages. Just be prepared to want to throw your laptop against the wall at times.
  • The actual materials that are there to help us as an agency to sell the SharpSpring/marketing automation proposition to clients could definitely be improved. This is in terms of volume and quality of design. That said, I have fed this back to them and they have been very receptive and acknowledged it is a core area that they are working on.
It is very well suited to small-medium companies and agencies that it is designed for. That said, I have not used Pardot or Hubspot which are traditionally used by bigger companies and SharpSpring may well be a contender. You also need to be aware that if you are using it for yourself, then you need to have a good stream of content ready to go.
Read James Kaye's full review
June 06, 2017

SharpSpring Review: "Our default tool for digital marketing activities"

Since we started using SharpSpring as our default tool for digital marketing activities, we can do our complete marketing and sales process without getting out of the tool. We create content and offers, upload it to the media center, create campaigns, emails, workflows, landing pages with forms and calls to action buttons, automatize all these functions and receive sharp reports with impressive accurate data enabling us to move forward or re-do them when things aren't going right.
  • The Lead Score features are so helpful. We can set custom behavior rules, use them in automation and define how much value attribute to each step of the lead in the storyline in our website.
  • We really put inbound marketing fundamentals in practice using the Personas feature. We can use forms with persona fields, create dynamic landing page content for personas and email content dynamic for personas. It's a game changer.
  • It's possible to track any campaign using the tool to better understand what marketing efforts are generating the highest ROI.
  • Despite the SharpSpring Landing page builder being an excellent feature, it only allows us to use it in one subdomain. Most of the times we need more than one.
  • The "logical" in automation flows is different than other marketing automation platforms, and there's a learning curve to understand the relation between tasks, triggers, and workflows. As you learn it, it goes well.
  • We're having troubles with integrating Typeform forms and SharpSpring via Zapier. We simply can't do it.
We think that best SharpSpring use is for marketing agencies. They can add so much value to their clients' business in terms of costs, investments, and results.

By the way, even if you're a digital agency or an SMB with a few leads, it will cost you less than what you 'll probably pay for other solutions.
Read Alexandre Vilarinho's full review
August 30, 2017

SharpSpring Review: "Great for marketing agencies and if you have someone who can set it up for you."

We use SharpSpring as a comprehensive solution for our agency. It's our CRM, email marketing tool and all of our ROI for campaigns is measured in SharpSpring. We also offer clients the same benefits - to bring sales and marketing into one system so they can work together and increase ROI.
  • Customise many different options—it's great to have the flexibility to customise at such a good price point.
  • Extremely powerful—you can do lots of different things across the CRM, lead scoring, emails, campaigns etc.
  • Great price point—comparable to Hubspot but at a fraction of the price.
  • Excellent service—as an agency, we've been blown away at how helpful SharpSpring has been.
  • Steep learning curve.
  • Need help setting it up.
  • Not as intuitive as other software because of how powerful and flexible it is.
SharpSpring allows you to customise many different options. It's extremely powerful and is brilliant value for money compared to products such as Hubspot. The support has been excellent and the SharpSpring team are constantly releasing new features and seem very approachable with new ideas and questions. Being so powerful and customisable means there is a steep learning curve in setting up SharpSpring. Running it is simple enough but for an entrepreneur or person in a role where marketing is only one part of their function, the learning curve could definitely be too steep if you don't have help setting it up and getting it going.
Read Jonno White's full review
August 22, 2017

Review: "SharpSpring Is Absolutely the Best Bang for the Buck in Digital Marketing Today!"

SharpSpring allows me to use it's powerful tools to promote my business and also market my clients' businesses. I can use it on their behalf or give them a user account and train them to use the tools themselves.

SharpSpring also, offers me agency pricing and allows me to white label their interface and decide for myself what to charge them to use it.

Right now, I mainly use SharpSpring's CRM feature to collect customer data from the various ads I run. I also use it to collect customer data from things like chat applications, Facebook Messenger, and text message applications.

I collect the information and segment it into campaigns and lists using SharpSprings automation features. Then I follow up with these prospects through email drip campaigns.

• SharpSpring supports marketing agencies like no other automation provider. They offer agency pricing that is a fraction of what companies like Infusionsoft and HubSpot charge. They don't compete for my customers. And they have my back at every turn with amazing customer service.
  • SharpSpring makes automation available to companies of all sizes. Small to mid-sized businesses are used to seeing Google Analytics and Facebook Insights. But, with SharpSpring, suddenly those numbers and graphs become people, faces, and profiles. It gives a business owner a clearer view his or her customer which, in turn, focuses his or her marketing efforts like never before.
  • SharpSpring listens to its partner agencies and responds with serious hustle. Digital Marketing is always evolving. That means the needs of agencies are always evolving. SharpSpring values input from its customers and uses that input to drive the development of new features. I truly feel that when I make a suggestion, it is received and valued by the SharpSpring team.
  • SharpSpring provides fast and reliable support for any technical issue. Any time I have called for tech support, my call has been treated with earnest concern. My issues have been addressed immediately and are often fixed before my call has ended. The support staff is kind, courteous, and a pleasure to talk to.
  • SharpSpring is easy to learn and enjoyable to use. The onboarding process (which costs significantly less than the competition) is thorough and fun. I looked forward to my calls with Justin. He was knowledgable and patient. He allowed me to explore at my own pace while guiding me through all of the necessary skills I would need to learn.
  • I would love to see SharpSpring develop integration with popular chat platforms. Right now I have to connect it through Zapier links and custom form fields. I can get the job done, but a native integration would be better.
  • I would like the ability to duplicate things more easily within the interface. It's simpler to edit a duplicate action group than it is to start from scratch. There are ways to duplicate many things, but the duplicate commands are sometimes hard to find, because there isn't a standard way to perform this action across the whole platform.
  • The things I would like to see are all minor additions or improvements. All in all, there aren't many things that I find SharpSpring lacking. It's an amazing tool at an amazing price run by amazing people.
SharpSpring is particularly well suited to plugging the holes of a traditional marketing or recruiting program with automation. I use SharpSpring to collect data from recruiting ads posted on Facebook, Indeed, Craig's List, and elsewhere. Before SharpSpring, my clients wanted to use Facebook ads to promote openings in their companies, but they weren't seeing much success. The ads would run to a landing page where the person would be asked to complete a large and intimidating application that would place him or her in the client's applicant tracking system.

People would click the ad, but leave the landing page when they saw the complexity of the application. I was able to craft a different ad that ran to a landing page containing just some information and a SharpSpring form requesting a name and an email address. Soon people began filling out the form because it was easier. Their contact information was collected in SharpSpring and the proper HR representative was alerted via email. The applicant received a call back very quickly and, after a short conversation with a real human being was more willing to complete the online application.

As a result, one of my clients was able to hire 48 people in less than 90 days.
Read Greg Dungan's full review
August 04, 2017

User Review: "SharpSpring Is Our First Choice!"

We use SharpSpring within our organization to track our leads' activity on our website and through the sales funnel, identify areas where we can possibly accelerate the buyers journey for our leads, assign lead scoring in order to better identify prospects who are interested in working with us or learning from us, and build dynamic landing pages and microsites for a more fulfilling and customized user experience. We've also deployed SharpSpring for three of our clients.
  • Segmenting our lists by lead score / buyer interest
  • Using dynamic text on landing pages for a more fulfilling/customized visitor experience
  • Strong marketing automation features such as dynamic lists and tracking
  • Strong reporting features
  • There's really nothing that I would recommend improvement on. They have great live support that so far has always been available, they continuously update their documentation -- it's all very current, which I love and rarely see in other companies.
SharpSpring is an affordable choice for companies with really large lists who want to follow the 'crawl-walk-run' method of building out their marketing automation without having to outgrow a provider too quickly. It has a lot of capabilities, so I would recommend to any company that is evaluating it to be sure to understand the full benefits and full power of what they have when they use SharpSpring. It is a great tool for companies who recognize that they would be best served by having better Sales Team & Marketing Team collaboration.
Read Susan Merlo's full review
March 31, 2017

SharpSpring Review: "The Marketing Automation tool for SMEs and Agencies"

I help clients understand what marketing tools they need for their business and I work with a number of different suppliers including Sharpspring. It is currently being used both for my business Bright Dials as well as my clients. Sharpspring addresses a number of areas for my clients; seeing ROI from the first click through to sale, understanding customer behaviour and being able to automate relevant and timely communications based on that behaviour. It also enables clients to know when their leads are ready to buy rather than the traditional cold calling, scattergun approach.
  • Tracking ROI from first click through to sale - this is a key issue for clients and Sharpspring resolves this in a simple interface.
  • Dynamic Lists - removing manual segmentation and enabling on the fly dynamic segmentation is very powerful and saves a lot of time.
  • Life of the Lead - this is a brilliant visual feature which gives clients the ability to see every way their lead has engaged with their business over time is a fantastic sales tool.
  • The Landing Page generator has always been a bit glitchy and although designed to not need code, I've ended up learning more code since I started using it (no bad thing!) but a recent update has fixed a lot of the issues, just changing the publishing button onto the main page is a big time saver. I would like to see this feature improve though to be able to control the placement of headers, images etc through the editing function rather than the code.
  • At the moment the workflow structure is enabled with drop down functionality, once a criteria is added, it can't be edited. Having a more visual 'tree' structure would be more helpful and I believe is in the features pipeline.
  • The Visitor ID tool is fairly periphery to my clients needs, but it could be improved if it were possible to remove the site visiters which aren't leads that visit your site; spiders and such like.
Sharpspring suits smaller businesses brilliantly when compared to the more enterprise solutions like Hubspot, Marketo etc. I am a big believer in a serviced agency model; most smaller businesses need a lot of help understanding what the tool can do and support ongoing to maximise its use and this is Sharpspring's philosophy too. To max out the benefit of using Sharpspring, your business needs to be lead driven and I would say generating minimum of 5-10 leads per day. You probably have a longer sales cycle too.

In the 20% of situations where I perhaps wouldn't use Sharpspring would be a where a business has a strong customer service requirement with multiple internal teams involved, particularly those converting from free to paid trial as I've seen other solutions which can handle this in a better way.
Read Lindsey Pickles's full review

WYSIWYG email editor (92)
6.2
Dynamic content (80)
Ability to test dynamic content (73)
Landing pages (75)
A/B testing (71)
Mobile optimization (78)
Email deliverability (94)
List management (95)
Triggered drip sequences (92)
Lead nurturing (90)
Lead scoring and grading (90)
Data quality management (86)
Automated sales alerts and tasks (89)
Calendaring (11)
Event/webinar marketing (52)
Social sharing and campaigns (8)
Social profile integration (48)
Dashboards (92)
Standard reports (90)
Custom reports (79)
API (64)
Role-based workflow & approvals (74)
Customizability (81)
Integration with Salesforce.com (53)
Integration with Microsoft Dynamics CRM (4)
4.5
Integration with SugarCRM (7)

About SharpSpring

SharpSpring is a flexible and comprehensive marketing automation platform. This solution offers behavior-based email marketing, native or third party CRM integration, dynamic forms, social media management, landing page and blog builders, universal CMS compatibility, and integration with hundreds of third-party applications. SharpSpring offers an intuitive interface with all of the features one would expect from a marketing automation platform – at less than 1/3 of the cost of the competition.

A special partner program is available for marketing agencies.

SharpSpring Features

Email & Online Marketing Features
Has featureWYSIWYG email editor
Has featureDynamic content
Has featureAbility to test dynamic content
Has featureLanding pages
Has featureA/B testing
Has featureMobile optimization
Has featureEmail deliverability
Has featureList management
Has featureTriggered drip sequences
Lead Management Features
Has featureLead nurturing
Has featureLead scoring and grading
Has featureData quality management
Has featureAutomated sales alerts and tasks
Campaign Management Features
Has featureCalendaring
Has featureEvent/webinar marketing
Social Media Marketing Features
Has featureSocial sharing and campaigns
Has featureSocial profile integration