SharpSpring Reviews

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

Chuck Smith | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is used by Marketing for e-mail and forms on our websites, as well as to generate lead lists and follow-up lists for Sales. We are able to easily generate e-mails for our multiple brands, and then extract actionable data. Now, our Marketing has the backing of analytics. Very helpful.

Delivering leads to Sales is also very important, and SharpSpring's Visual Workflow tools allow us to create complex logic flows. Any field in SharpSpring can be used to create workflows, lists, campaigns, dynamic fields, etc. There's complete flexibility, and that's a great thing.
  • List generation and filtering
  • Automated workflows
  • Drag-and-drop email templates that anyone can use
  • Email organization should allow for subfolders and archiving
  • Lists within lists should intelligently refresh
  • Organizations should be able to be filtered and actioned on, much like leads / contacts.
Perfect for sending e-mails. The interface is clean and intuitive. However, it is a little tricky for brands that communicate in multiple languages, as currently the unsubscribe links have to be controlled by the SharpSpring company language field.
Grabbing analytics and reports has never been easier, and the support is truly top notch.
Read Chuck Smith's full review
Vikki Baumler, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
The three main reasons we launched SharpSpring was for 1) branded marketing automation in response to online inquiries 2) digital data tracking relative to sales pipeline 3) marketing ROI measurement - i.e., which campaigns are driving traffic and lead to the most won leads? It's used across the organization - but not all users log into the system to access data. Most users receive notifications from online inquiries. Only half the organization is using the sales pipeline feature (because one side of the business is primarily medical referrals.)
  • The ability to create beautiful, branded marketing messages with links to videos or marketing collateral - or to online content.
  • Dynamic content - the ability to change the message based on the persona and location.
  • Blog - this feature is still a bit weak in that the page name for the page reads "PAGE 1 (or 2, etc.) instead of being a branded URL - or "Company" Blog.
  • Reporting - this feature is growing but I would like the ability to include my custom fields in reporting. To me, since the data is there, I'd like to run a report on that. I have figured out I can export data to excel and create reports but that's a little time consuming.
SharpSpring was a big step forward for our company since we were tracking inquiries on paper - in binders - or via Excel documents. Now, we can track leads efficiently, associate them with personas and campaigns and follow-up/nurture leads more easily. I particularly like the personas and the data I've been able to pull to understand which persona (i.e., the son or daughter helping mom and dad research) contacts us most frequently. It's a great confirmation of our target audience information (and which campaigns are most effective for certain target audiences. i.e., I've discovered Google Ads are most effective for employment prospects.)
Read Vikki Baumler, MBA's full review
Jenny Lassi | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is being used for marketing, sales, and account management. For marketing it allows us to automate repetitive marketing activities making it easier for a team of 1 to look like a team of 10. For sales, it allows us to host all materials digitally, generate leads, and track activity of the leads that come into the CRM. It also allows us to use the sales pipeline for helping to plan internal resources and know when work will be hitting our teams. For account management, our executives have a full view of all activities, emails, forms submitted, and web pages visited in the Life of the Lead.
  • I love having a view of all email engagement, all web pages visited, all forms submitted for a single contact in a single view on Life of the Lead.
  • Anytime there is a repetitive marketing task that can be automated, I set up an automation in SharpSpring. It helps a marketing execution team of 1, act like a team of 10.
  • The trigger criteria & filters can be a bit frustrating/limiting, and I wish adding a contact to a list was as easy as running a query against a database.
  • I wish there were a user permission to allow a designer to disable the landing page CSS that users don't have access to so we didn't have to code "important" tags into the custom HTML to override the system's CSS.
Well suited for small - medium sized businesses with small teams. There isn't a way to customize user permissions to specific features of the platform, and the user permission templates don't apply to all scenarios so at times, I had to give admin access so a user had access to features needed as a part of their role.
Read Jenny Lassi's full review
Lucy Nguyen | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 11, 2020

SharpSpring is a good bet

SharpSpring is currently being used by our Marketing Department. We are a small team and needed a program that can do it all. SharpSpring is definitely that program. Right now, we use SharpSpring to create and send out emails to a mass amount of people which you cannot simply do well on Outlook. Its reporting function, email creation, and tracking has helped us send out better emails to get a better open rate. It is also being used internally to automate emails to send to our employees.

It also helps posting on social media quickly and efficiently with their social media calendar. This way I can schedule posts ahead of time for Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. If they implement Instagram it would be a slam dunk.

They also offer many tutorials to help you familiarize yourself with email marketing and best practices. I've learned a lot from them and continue to do so. They are there to support you and your business. It has been a nice experience, I know I haven't even scratched the surface on what this can do. It is pretty powerful and I Iook forward to seeing what other problems I can solve.
  • Cost Effective - Compared to other programs you get a pretty good bang for buck.
  • Month-to-month contracts - You aren't locked into a contract, they are flexible and aren't trying to suck you dry.
  • Works a bit differently with different browsers - It didn't work with Microsoft Edge with Email creation but switching browsers fixed the issue.
  • Landing Page Creation - It's a bit clunky, I would like it to be like Wix. It does restrict me in some ways but it's okay! I can work around it.
SharpSpring is well suited for email marketing, that is where I think their strength lies the best. You can create emails, landing pages to work with it, forms for sign up, and Automation workflow. With SharpSpring, I really like their email creator and
templates. It is intuitive to use with the drag and drop features, and looks
really professional. Easy to create nice emails. It helps makes it efficient to do email marketing. If you are looking to just do email marketing SharpSpring is a good bet. It's intuitive to use and I would recommend it to others.

Social media automation is getting there, it's pretty good for where it is now. It has the major ones, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter, and you can schedule posts. I'm looking forward to getting Instagram. Their listening is a neat feature to have everything in a single place to see other people's feeds, look at certain key words and keep on top of those things. I've used other social media automation like Buffer and it does it better, but SharpSpring isn't too bad. I know they are working on new features constantly, so I look forward to seeing how they change in this regard.

Read Lucy Nguyen's full review
Mark Cohen | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use SharpSpring for my clients for inbound marketing campaigns. With it we can quickly and easily create campaigns, optimize them, and track them.

With that, our most basic "drip" or follow-up communications are completely automated and customizable. Sales data is relayed to the contact manager which can be integrated into CRMs, though it isn't necessary in many cases, and the pipeline tracking and sales automation resulting from this is also efficient and effective.

All told we are able to generate and track leads and optimize key communications channels for conversions.
  • SharpSpring provides all the functionality my clients and I need most at a fraction of the cost of leading competitors.
  • SharpSpring is a user-friendly application with excellent self-help tools and support.
  • SharpSpring is constantly improving its application without passing on costs to subscribers.
  • SharpSpring is constantly improving support.
  • There are times the application is slow but it is hard to tell where that "fault" lies. Regardless it hasn't caused major problems.
  • Email design can be a little clunky. When using our designs using built-in templates, the HTML doesn't always behave.
  • Social analytics to connect with campaigns that SharpSpring supports would be nice to have.
I use SharpSpring for companies of different sizes and industries so I think it is ok there. The only place there may not be sympatico is if a company requires an enterprise solution. For example, I don't know that SharpSpring supports SSO.
Read Mark Cohen's full review
Emma Jackson | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • We first bought SharpSpring to sell to our clients and ended up using it to streamline our entire marketing and sales process as an agency. I love that this is truly an all-in-one solution. Before SharpSpring, my team and I were juggling several different programs. This was expensive and time consuming and honestly, a hassle. At first, SharpSpring seemed too good to be true, but the software and the people behind it have really come through.
  • Like any in-depth software, it takes some time to learn. You have to be willing to sit down and learn the ins and outs. Thankfully, they have a fantastic archive of support questions and a support team that is immensely helpful. They are also constantly adding new features. This means that SharpSpring is committed to being relevant.
  • We continue to be impressed with all that SharpSpring has to offer. They are truly here to help agencies like us. If you're looking for an all-in-one solution, look no further. We were spending way too much time and money juggling lots of different services. SharpSpring really does it all, and does it well.
  • Drip Campaigns make it so that you can automate emails. This makes keeping up with clients and targeting new leads so much easier.
  • The smart forms are a game changer. We can track and capture information so much faster. This means we're able to convert leads at a much higher rate.
  • Sharpspring is great at managing your workflow. We can access a sales and a marketing side and keep track of our employee output.
  • Sharpspring is still new, so they don't have every feature we would like. That being said, they are constantly adding new features and listening to users!
  • Sharpspring, like any complex product, takes some time to learn. However their support is second to none!
SharpSpring is incredibly well suited to any company involved in sales. It is also useful for companies who want an all-in-one marketing solution. This may not be the best software for a small company who is only just getting started in marketing and does not have much money to spend. That being said, it is definitely a good investment, as we've grown several of our clients since we started using this software with them.
Read Emma Jackson's full review
Penn Hoyt | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Sharpspring for two purposes: 1. to communicate with our current customers about new products, updates and sales. 2. To market to prospects, inform them about us and to have them become customers. It is used across the whole office for any types of communication. It is our main marketing platform and has helped us increase our sales and add over 50 new retailers so far.
  • Very easy to create emails. It is easy to upload photos.
  • The reports we get are extremely helpful. It has helped me craft better emails and headers as well as better predict the responses to the types of products.
  • Data uploads are easy.
  • Setting up automation flows are very intuitive.
  • The templates are good, but some more flexibility in customization would be great for those of us who are not programmers.
SharpSpring has been a great tool for all of our marketing. The development of landing pages that incorporate into our two websites was very easy. We were able to keep the themes the same and the reporting has been very helpful in terms of how we schedule our communications as well as targeting our messages.
Read Penn Hoyt's full review
Caio Almeida | TrustRadius Reviewer
The marketing and project managers use SharpSpring. It is used in our organization for email campaigns, campaign tracking, landing pages, funnels, project management, social media posting, marketing automation, leads capturing, and much more along those lines. This software is amazing for us and our clients helping them distinguish their consumers and how to capture more of them. The customer support is also unreal. They help with any concerns at amazingly considerable times. Always giving us what we need and more when we stumble across an issue. The effectiveness of SharpSpring is also amazing with the abilities it has to interact with clients/prospects.
  • SharpSpring gives the ability to nurture prospects all the way to them being a client and tracking everything your agency has started and completed with them.
  • The marketing aspects of SharpSpring are truly amazing to be able to build landing pages, effective funnels, email campaigns, with all of those being able to be tracked from start to finish in order to see what is helping your agency and what is not.
  • Customer support always helps very quickly with any troubles we stumble upon clearing up any confusion we had and always following up with emails that go even deeper than what we asked for with tons and tons of information towards that subject.
  • Nothing to complain about. There is nothing else out there with this quality and price.
It is suitable for almost anything a creative/marketing agency could need. The campaigns and targeting techniques are so effective whilst being able to track it all. Helps with creating leads lists and capturing them to convert into clients.
Read Caio Almeida's full review
Rich Grisak | TrustRadius Reviewer
Combining multiple disparate systems into one platform where marketing and sales could work together to better track ROI. SharpSpring combines many system functions into one platform allowing for easy ROI tracking, better marketing decisions, and speed of lead conversion, all with a better bottom line.
  • Tracks the life of a lead extremely well. Allows for our sales teams to be more efficient, transfer leads through the sales funnel and monitor communications so that no information is lost.
  • Automation, based on user actions. This is the most used function and this allows for our marketing teams to deliver relevant content helping gain and convert leads to sales.
  • Social posting and monitoring.
  • Email creation. SharpSpring has an easy to use email builder so that we can develop and deploy emails quickly.
  • The site analytics is helpful but very basic.
  • It is not yet integrated with Instagram and we see huge potential there.
SharpSpring comes with all of the essentials to run effective marketing automation campaigns at a very, very competitive price. An easy user interface and features that make sense. SharpSpring has a very nice division between the sales and marketing functions making it easy for the different teams to utilize. They are always exploring and rolling out new features which is great, keeping the platform fresh.
Read Rich Grisak's full review
Maria Clara Santa Cruz | TrustRadius Reviewer
We support and coach our clients in their marketing and sales processes. We use SharpSpring to design with them their clients' customer journey from brand recognition to sales objectives fulfilled. We consolidate digital channels interactions getting segmentation through prospect interests. We support this work with design and content management.

• Feedback and consolidation of interest in multiple channels.
  • Lead score qualification to understand prospect interest.
  • In customer service you can work around with workflows.
  • Custom reports can be improved. Basic reports are covered.
SharpSpring is well suited to business-to-business scenarios where digital marketing and sales are priorities.
For B2C businesses, the marketing is completely covered, but customer service has to be completed through workflows.
Read Maria Clara Santa Cruz's full review
Jared Beasley | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 11, 2020

Strongly Recommended!

We are segmenting users based on form fills and smaller campaigns. The Smart Mails allow us to turn out SDK license keys in a matter of 30 seconds or less rather than the 24 hour turnaround time, plus we can engage with customers at the same time! We are deploying organization-wide with an approximate daily user count of 10-15.
  • Open API.
  • Easy set-up.
All departments have a place in SharpSpring. Our marketing team can easily store and deploy content, meanwhile, our sales team can draw upon that content and monitor real-time behavior of hot clients. As a startup, our performance is so critical and investor reports and constantly needing data to back it up. With the reporting tool, we can easily turn these around and even schedule them to be sent on a monthly basis. Our DevOps and Infrastructure teams were easily able to integrate with the current stack (Wordpress, WP Themes, and Contact Form7) and I was able to easily sink up to our Zendesk integration and continue processing tickets created by form on the website. The integration and onboarding team at SharpSpring has been absolutely fantastic and accommodating to our schedules. I strongly recommend anyone to give this platform a chance.
Read Jared Beasley's full review
Florian Bösenkopf | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using SharpSpring in our Marketing & Sales department. The main goal of SharpSpring at influence.vision is to create a marketing automation process. We are a platform and once a user registers we are now able to assign a sales rep, send automated e-mail workflows and create tasks to follow-up on the costumer. This has made us much more productive in terms of conversion and life-time value of our users.
  • Automation workflows for emails and tasks
  • CRM
  • Visitor ID outside of US
  • Meetings iframe for website integration
SharpSpring is especially useful in SMEs. If you are on a limited budget and need all necessary features to implement a proven marketing automation tool. SharpSpring is the perfect fit. It has everything you need and is totally affordable. If you have a lot of contacts (>50.000) the SharpSpring pricing might not be ideal for you. You do not pay per user but per contact in the system.
Read Florian Bösenkopf's full review
Mike Koolwijk | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use SharpSpring for creating multiple touch-points, marketing automation, email automation, and event pages--with the built-in page builder. It's also the tool we sell to our customers without our method. The system is being used by our marketing and sales users for creating leads and for following-up on leads. As a whole, SharpSpring is a perfect system to bring the two teams together.
  • Easy to build automation flows, with many options and clean visual builder
  • Good segmentation between marketing and sales (both teams can work in one system)
  • Most API connections with CRMs need to be built. It can be done with Zapier for example, but it's not complete. (So in the end it's better to build an API connection.)
  • Email WYSIWYG builders can do weird things sometimes. If you want to have a perfect template you need to dive into the HTML editor (but there is an HTML editor!).
SharpSpring is our base marketing system, so we kinda NEED to work with it.

• Scenario 1: You have a lot of web traffic and want to convert more leads, with SharpSpring you can easily create forms that you can embed in the website. With the form, you can create an automation flow as a follow-up. Combine that with good questions to segment your lead + the lead-scoring so your sales team can get in contact with the lead at the right moment.
  • Scenario 2: You don't have a lot of traffic. Then you can go for the existing customer database approach, or use only email campaigns to segment the leads. This can be done with SharpSpring, but we could also use other options.
Read Mike Koolwijk's full review
Dalton Sapp | TrustRadius Reviewer
Black Bear Design utilizes SharpSpring as our Customer Relationship Management platform. Every department uses it in some form, whether it be the sales team reaching out to new leads, our internal marketing team creating a newsletter, or web developers building a new website and embedding SharpSpring forms on the pages.

SharpSpring allows us to combine multiple different points of our sales funnel into one easy-to-use platform. We're able to easily capture data on leads before they submit any info to us, and then after they fill out a form, we're able to keep them engaged with regular touchpoints that are set up in automated workflows.
  • Lead Scoring - SharpSpring offers a service known as Lead Scoring, which utilizes rules that you create to better determine if someone visiting your website is an ideal customer for your company. Each lead is given a number based on the actions they take while visiting your site. The more items that they check-off, the warmer the lead is likely to be. The best part is that the lead is unaware that this is going on behind the scenes.
  • Email Builder - SharpSpring has an easy-to-use email builder. You can work with templates or build your own emails in a drag-and-drop manner. These emails allow you to add in Dynamic Content as well, which makes the emails custom to the person that you're sending them to. It makes the email seem more personalized than most email blasts.
  • Visual Workflows - Automation is king, and SharpSpring allows you to create a workflow for just about anything. Visual Workflows allow you to create journeys that your customers will go on, and then you can set it and forget it. Customers will be taken down branching paths and journeys that you've already created for them, but you won't need to lift a finger to keep them engaged.
  • Instagram: SharpSpring is currently lacking the feature to post on Instagram. The other major social platforms are available though.
I think that SharpSpring is tremendously helpful for any business that wants to better manage their sales funnel and keep customers and potential customers engaged with their business. It comes at a much lower price than many customer relationship management platforms, but still offers all of, if not more, of the features that you'd want. The marketing side of the platform is able to handle all of your digital marketing needs, and the sales side of the platform makes it easy for a team of 1 to 100 salespeople to bring on new clients.
Read Dalton Sapp's full review
Brad Meinen | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is being used by multiple business units within our company to take our marketing to the next level. Being able to communicate with customers in a quick and targeted manner and drive lead generation. We use it to integrate with Salesforce to get our Sales team as much helpful info as possible.
We are also using it to link to our back-end system to handle the onboarding of customers.
  • They have a lot of features that other MA tools don't have for the price.
  • They seem to really focus on technology for the companies using it
  • It is mostly out of the box tools, but they have a decent amount of API capability that we have taken advantage of.
  • It is mostly out of the box, so it sacrifices some CRM features, and other out of the box features are a little less customize-able than some other, albeit more expensive, tools like Salesforce, Pardot, and Marketo.
  • There are some more out of the box options that need even less customization that may be better for smaller companies.
Great for Partners and people selling MA and CRM technologies. Great option for multiple accounts and clients. They are dedicated to help their partners and listen to feature requests. They are quick to help on support tickets and everyone I have dealt with is very knowledgeable.
They have a lot of features for a mid-tier level price. You can jump in with their out of the box features or tap into their well-documented API, or even sync with Salesforce.
Read Brad Meinen's full review
Jessica Adams | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use SharpSpring as an agency and use it for our own marketing needs as well as sell it to our clients for their marketing automation needs. It's being used across the whole organization and it helps to centralize all our data into one easy to use marketing tool.
  • Easy to use and find data
  • Tells the life of a lead in an easy to view format
  • Lack of image / icon library to use when building emails/LP
SharpSpring is perfect for anyone looking to create a marketing automation program. Create drip campaigns, automatic emails, landing pages and, media that's trackable. See the life of a lead and what interactions they're taking.
Read Jessica Adams's full review
Bo Ray | TrustRadius Reviewer
We utilize SharpSpring to help in our lead generation and nurturing processes. We also use it to see how effective our marketing campaigns are. We use it on our website, we send emails through it and we use it to post our social media content. It is use in both our marketing and sales departments.
  • I really like their content calendar for social media, email campaigns and blog posts. It makes looking at what you have posting the entire month at a glance. When using it for clients, it makes it easy for them to see what you are doing for their company as well.
  • I like their meetings function that was just recently released.
  • I like that the features above are built into the same price. You don't have to purchase separate versions, or "hubs" if you will in order to get the functionality you want.
  • I'm not a big fan of their media upload section - specifically you can't upload videos to it. You can only link videos to it that were uploaded to other places like YouTube. While I understand the basic purpose of being able to track clicks better the way they do it, I want to be able to schedule video uploads to Facebook through Sharpspring and have the video native on Facebook as opposed to sharing it from YouTube.
  • While they have a lot of third party plugins through Zapier, I would like to see more native plugins.
  • The biggest native plugin I wish they had is a good message bot. I really miss that with my last software.
SharpSpring is very well suited for a local business. Their price points are fantastic considering the functionality you get from it. I don't know how well it would scale for a large corporate business. Since I don't work with large businesses, I could be wrong about that.
Read Bo Ray's full review
Kevin DeLong | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use SharpSpring to have all of our sales and marketing information in one place. Our entire organization is using it. Sales uses the CRM portion of the tool and gets insights from our marketing efforts to see the journey of the prospect and help identify buy signs and when the lead could potentially be ready to make a purchase. This helps brings our sales and marketing teams into one unit (which is usually challenging). They have insight into the actions each does and they can see the impacts on the lead.
  • Tracking leads and their interactions with your company (sites, media, landing pages, email opens, etc).
  • Our sales manager uses the reporting to check opportunities and ensure they are being followed up.
  • Their social media posting is lacking a bit. It doesn't give in-depth look to replies, mentions, etc.
  • Their landing page builder, while good, could be better.
SharpSpring can follow the first contact with a lead, through their journey with your company. It gives insight to all the interactions a lead has with your company. From the first form, email opens, clicks, shopping cart integration, pages visited, videos and media watched or downloaded. All this is immediately passed to your sales teams where they can see the full interaction through a feature called "life of the lead". Very powerful. Automation is the most powerful part of SharpSpring. We use it to notify sales teams when a lead has scored a certain amount of points and are a potential for a sale. The lead can be dropped into any number of automated emails/drip campaigns depending on their actions.
Read Kevin DeLong's full review
René Häfliger | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have dealt very intensively with various marketing automation systems. One of my favorites is clearly SharpSpring as it is one of the most flexible full-service marketing automation systems on the market. SharpSpring offers all the features an SME needs for lead generation and lead nurturing.
  • Easy to operate.
  • Easy handling is one reason why SharpSping is a favorite of mine. All functions are clearly arranged and can be called up intuitively. SharpSpring offers functions for marketing and sales. If these are different teams in your company, access to the relevant functions can be restricted.
  • Monthly subscriptions.
  • Another point that is a clear advantage, in my opinion, are the monthly subscriptions. Most competitor tools bind you for at least one year. This means you can try out SharpSpring without having to think about long-term commitments.
  • Some labels are not yet translated into German. But this will change in the next few weeks.
SharpSpring is ideal for small and medium-sized businesses. All necessary functions for lead generation, lead nurturing and marketing automation are available at a high level. The price is very attractive.
Read René Häfliger's full review
Sylva Pieczonka | TrustRadius Reviewer
SharpSpring is used throughout our whole organization and we've had extremely positive experiences from clients using it. It has cleared up problems of social media.

It's much easier to track a lead and see what exactly they are interested in. Before even contacting them forever to close a deal, you already have all the info on what their touchpoints are that brought them to you in the first place.
  • Dynamic Email Marketing Automation - It really gives you that personalization you need for your audience, and you only have to make one email! This feature also lets you use Buyer Personas which is really handy when creating marketing for different audiences
  • Life of the Lead - you can see all the actions a lead took from start to finish
  • Email editor
  • Landing Page Builder - this editor is a little difficult to use without the knowledge of HTML coding
SharpSpring is a great "everything online marketing" tool. Everything that you need is right there in one dashboard. From making landing pages, emails, sending one-off emails, social media scheduling, sales pipelines and even CRM. The features and functionality are phenomenal. SharpSpring makes marketing automation easy by having layouts, training and customer support all at your fingertips.
Read Sylva Pieczonka's full review
Garrett Ewers | TrustRadius Reviewer

SharpSpring was first brought in to help our sales staff track their leads but we quickly found out how it could help our marketing, front desk and admin staff also. The ability to use a function like Smart Emails allows our staff members to quickly disperse information to clientele as the request. That is what really won over our staff members into engaging with the system.

So now, using this program our staff members can finally work as a team to help prospects and client find solutions to their questions.

• Lead Tracking
  • Engagement Tracking
  • Social Posting
  • Social Ad Tracking
I do think that SharpSpring is built with almost any scenario in mind. This is because it is a marketing and sales tracking tool, meaning if you don't need to track sales, then the marketing tool will be great for you until you want start tracking sales. It could be considered cumbersome if you are just looking for high volume of quick sales, so employees might not engage. But for the majority of businesses out there, I think it would work great.
Read Garrett Ewers's full review
Erin Spencer | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our company utilizes this for clients across a variety of industries. Our clients utilize the platform to manage and vet leads and send out emails primarily.
  • Wide range of marketing capabilities in one platform.
  • Lead generation tracking is great.
  • Slightly difficult to pick up, there's a bit of a learning curve.
  • It's not cheap.
SharpSpring is best suited for a person with advanced marketing goals and who might wish to limit the number of platforms they utilize to reach their marketing goals. It's less suited for someone who isn't looking to take advantage of more sophisticated marketing features as there are simpler platforms out there that they could use instead.
Read Erin Spencer's full review
Beau Baumbach | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our marketing department uses SharpSpring for email marketing, automation, lead tracking, campaign tracking, and ROI analysis. Our company has been able to improve our email marketing strategy 10 fold by using SharpSpring. We weren't even doing automation before SharpSpring came along, now I don't know how we can move forward without it. We can help create hyper-targeted emails to relevant lists because of the ability to be ultra-personalized with SharpSpring.
  • ROI tracking.
  • Email marketing.
  • Social media tracking.
  • Reporting.
SharpSpring is great for agencies and organizations looking to dive into the automation world. It is great for adding all mar-tech into one system. It's best if the entire organization dives in with both feet rather than having a few experts in the system. An issue can arise when an organization is not fully committed to the software. There is so much that can be done with SharpSpring that it can take an entire team to unlock all the features for a company.
Read Beau Baumbach's full review
Lawrence Copeman | TrustRadius Reviewer
SharpSpring is a key feature of our company's tech stack and is being used across multiple account-based marketing campaigns to generate customizable and bespoke campaign collateral - including emails, landing pages, and bio personas - for all key members of our client base. We often run large scale integrated campaigns so SharpSpring acts as the tool to create the content and manage automated email campaigns on behalf of the client.
  • SharpSpring is an efficient marketing automation platform. The software is reliable allowing you to easily manage a large number of campaigns at once.
  • SharpSpring is an insightful reporting tool. It allows you to generate instant and exportable marketing reports around your activity.
  • The biggest drawback to SharpSpring is the time-consuming elements it imposes upon the build phase of any campaign. This is particularly problematic when constructing multiple large campaigns as we often use similar templates and/or workflow structures that are stored within their separate client instances. The lack of simply copy and paste elements between instances means that our design team loses a lot of time in recreating their work across different client instances.
  • The volume of contacts that can be added to a single action group for email sends is relatively low at 1,500, meaning that often data lists must be broken down into segments which can be harder to track.
SharpSpring is well suited to large campaigns that follow simple email marketing templates and are based around a pre-defined targeted account list. Here the consistency of the automation platform and capacity to manage large scale campaigns can be effective in getting the client's marketing message out to a large scale audience list. However, whne the clients require more creative templates with interactive/moving features SharpSpring has proved to be less effective.
Read Lawrence Copeman's full review
Martha Jackson | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 16, 2019

One stop option!

Our entire organization uses SharpSpring to help streamline our sales and marketing procedures. We have also identified a number of clients that would benefit from the software and are reselling it on behalf of SharpSpring. We no longer have to subscribe to multiple platforms with multiple logins, saving time and money.
  • Before this software, we had no CRM or easy way to organize our sales/marketing funnels.
  • Before, we had logins for many different platforms to keep track of. Now, everything is in one place, and all the data is streamlined.
  • It's so comprehensive; it does take time to learn.
  • It currently does not have an official Instagram or Facebook API.
Well suited for anyone in the retail industry or companies looking for a robust CRM and data analytics program. It is less appropriate for small businesses without much of a budget.
Read Martha Jackson's full review

WYSIWYG email editor (277)
Dynamic content (256)
Ability to test dynamic content (246)
Landing pages (250)
A/B testing (229)
Mobile optimization (259)
Email deliverability (291)
List management (293)
Triggered drip sequences (283)
Lead nurturing (280)
Lead scoring and grading (286)
Data quality management (270)
Automated sales alerts and tasks (269)
Calendaring (160)
Event/webinar marketing (175)
Social sharing and campaigns (150)
6.6
Social profile integration (199)
Dashboards (288)
Standard reports (288)
Custom reports (261)
API (206)
Role-based workflow & approvals (235)
Customizability (255)
Integration with Salesforce.com (138)
Integration with Microsoft Dynamics CRM (54)
Integration with SugarCRM (50)

About SharpSpring

SharpSpring is a flexible and comprehensive marketing automation platform. This solution offers behavior-based email marketing, native or third party CRM integration, dynamic forms, social media management, landing page and blog builders, universal CMS compatibility, and integration with hundreds of third-party applications. SharpSpring offers an intuitive interface with all of the features one would expect from a marketing automation platform – at less than 1/3 of the cost of the competition.

A special partner program is available for marketing agencies.

SharpSpring Features

Email & Online Marketing Features
Has featureWYSIWYG email editor
Has featureDynamic content
Has featureAbility to test dynamic content
Has featureLanding pages
Has featureA/B testing
Has featureMobile optimization
Has featureEmail deliverability
Has featureList management
Has featureTriggered drip sequences
Lead Management Features
Has featureLead nurturing
Has featureLead scoring and grading
Has featureData quality management
Has featureAutomated sales alerts and tasks
Campaign Management Features
Has featureCalendaring
Has featureEvent/webinar marketing
Social Media Marketing Features
Has featureSocial sharing and campaigns
Has featureSocial profile integration