- The value is exceptional. There is no way we'd be able to offer the benefits of marketing automation to our clients with any other platform out there now.
- The people have always been a pleasure to work with.
- The onboarding was customized to how we were planning to use the platform. At no point were we made to feel that we didn't know marketing at all just because we hadn't yet used a marketing automation platform.
- They are constantly rolling out new features and capabilities.
- Really easy to keep our clients up to date with their automatic VisitorID emails and other automation we've set up.
- You want to have someone on your team who knows basic HTML. The WYSIWYG editor can be glitchy and it is much easier to just hop into the code.
- Some features are not totally robust. For example, negative triggers are not available (has not visited the page/has not opened the email/has not viewed the media). However, there are ways to work around that using filters or lists.
- Roll out and features and capabilities are slightly behind the industry. For example, social media was only integrated in December 2017. That has not been a huge downside for us because, for example, we had been using another platform for social media.
- Can be glitchy, especially when new features are rolled out. For example, automatic image resizing while maintaining proportions didn't work for a couple of weeks. I did the calculations on my phone until it was working again. The glitches have never been deleted-all-your-contacts level, just a bit annoying.
- Onboarding was really good. Tailored to our specific needs and usually very vast replies on questions and answers.
- It is easy to manage your clients and work in the accounts of your clients.
- Once you get the hang of using flows, there are a lot of possibilities to work with
- The sales process (pipeline) has no automation functionality. It would be great if this could be automated to some extend as well.
- You can only create triggers on actions that people take. Not on actions people do not take. To create this it often takes a workaround. For example, it is not possible to create a trigger on 'did not open e-mail'.
- We are a Dutch agency, and the tooling SharpSpring uses for recognizing who visits your website is quite poor in Holland. We do not get a lot of data. Would be great if the could partner up with a Dutch party for this. That would give us a bit more value.
- Some things could use an update. For example button creation in e-mails, this has limited possibilities.
- Some things are not adjustable. Like the message people get whet they unsubscribe. We would like to make this a bit more personal / friendlier but this is not possible.
- Easily integrates with your website to give powerful insights on visitor interests and behaviors--and can send automated follow-up messages to return visitors to cultivate the relationship.
- A powerful CRM platform that shows every step, or "touch point" of the prospect/customer journey with you.
- A "Visitor ID" feature that can identify business visitors' organizations based upon their IP address--don't think many platforms do that.
- When I send someone an email, in most cases it can alert me when the recipient opens it. That's powerful.
- It's constantly improving, based on feedback from users like me.
- I would also like to see some improvements on the mobile app--it's too cumbersome to open up and access which prevents me from using it as much as I may otherwise.
- I would like to see stronger integration with ThriveThemes--which is the conversion-focused platform I use for my WordPress websites and those of my clients.
- I use LinkedIn exclusively for prospecting, and stronger integration with that platform would be welcome (much of that is on LinkedIn). That said, it does have strong connectivity with all three social media platforms: LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
- A CRM for all my prospects, partners, press, search consultants, past clients, and colleagues – with a delightfully simple contact page to work with.
- Business rules automate for various tasks like emails, notifications, reporting, reminders, website, calls and meeting follow-ups, birthdays, anniversaries, the list is endless – the time savings is appreciated
- An email platform to create, send and track email and click activity – integrated and intelligent so I know what I have sent and what I should do next
- To schedule and track outreach; introductions, reoccurring emails, nurture campaigns, recontacting and retargeting – I set the triggers and voilà, it happens whether I remember or not
- A website tracker to see when prospects and new leads pay a visit to my website and what specific content they were interested in – I can follow up with relevant next steps
- For pipeline management, reporting and forecasting – I know what opportunities are ahead, when and how to work them, and produce sensible forecasting for budgeting, staffing, resources and timing
- Full visibility into all the processes involved in business development– I feel in control rather than being controlled by the chaos
- To share my activities with clients and teams, reporting, BD analysis and optimization, win and loss analysis – status reports are so much easier and more meaningful
- Simple and sensible infographics show me what I want to know at a glance – I see just what I want without sifting through all kinds of stuff I don’t want to know
- For prospect engagement tracking, lead scoring and prioritization – my best opportunities are always at the top of the list
- For campaign analytics, email and content ROI tracking – I know what works and what doesn’t and what to invest in and what to avoid
- I'd like to see more training videos in each section. Currently, SharpSpring has a unique feature that brings contextually relevant help to every page. I love the videos because my clients can easily learn and troubleshoot on their own. I like to see more
- I'd like to see more use cases and examples of common business rules automation, short-cuts, lessons learned.
- Ease of use in getting data into SharpSpring
- Customer support and on-boarding was second to none
- Creating leads is super fast: name, email that's it
- We don't have a dedicated marketing team and therefore the MA side seems a little daunting for us.
- The mobile experience is adequate, but could have better integrations to my phone.
- Would love to see a integration with LinkedIn
- UX and navigation are really easy. The email funnel builder is particularly good.
- Finally. An automation solution with a good CRM attached to the automation side.
- Social media integration and touch points through the user journey
- Excellent Lead scoring capabilities
- Mobile phone offering
- Not suitable for Enterprise but wouldn't surprise me if they improved that
We no longer need to use multiple vendors for email (like MailChimp), A/B testing of landing pages (Unbounce) and other third-party apps and tools. It's all within SharpSpring. And I've been hearing that social integration is coming soon!
- Dynamic page content - we use this to build a one-to-one landing page for leads that are in our nurture campaigns.
- VisitorID - know your anonymous page visitors with SharpSprings VisitorID feature. Uncover contacts at businesses that visit your site anonymously. This has been as great tool to enable us to find key decision makers and reach out directly to them.
- In my option, SharpSpring is still seen as a maturing platform for marketing automation. It's great for the small to mid sized businesses.
- In the past year I struggled with using the visual email builder. It was a little glitchy in the early stages but seem to have fixed the bugs lately.
- SharpSpring is cutting-edge in terms of marketing automation capabilities. As a firm who delivers this level of smart marketing to our clients, we take these capabilities very seriously- and are very impressed with the level of detail and smart coding that have been done, to make our jobs easier and more intelligent.
- Customer service is top-notch. It's unlimited and personal. We had daily meetings with our onboarding coordinator and she never once tried to charge us. It was truly unlimited. And they have tons of tools and resources so we can quickly find our own answers- and a cool ability to suggest new features to their development team.
- Their sales and pipeline reporting is the best we've seen. We can create limitless pipelines- so we have a pipeline per product, region and event. It's amazing insight- and just what my finance team was looking for.
- It's a robust platform and you need to dedicate serious time upfront to learn and roll it out. We have experience in marketing automation but every tool is different- and this has a lot of new functionality as well that's unique to SharpSpring- so each and every week of the 6-week onboarding process was definitely needed and worthwhile.
- Comprehensive set of tools - landing page builder, email campaigns, site visitor ID, sales insight, funnel builder, form builder, CRM and more.
- Amazing value - it's such good value that when you first look at it, it seems too good to be true! Compared to Pardot and Hubspot it is a fraction of what they charge and you get free licenses included to use with clients. It's incredibly generous and also removes all the barriers to entry which are financially very high for companies like Hubspot that I was evaluating for over a year before I discovered SharpSpring.
- Superb onboarding - I was assigned Matthew for a period of around 6 weeks and he could not have been more helpful. The onboarding is unlimited and very comprehensive and a credit to the company.
- Great support - the technical and general support is brilliant. Although I am based in the UK and the company is in Florida, I always get a reply the same day from a technical person and am kept informed until it is resolved. SharpSpring have really invested in their support infrastructure after you sign on and it really shows. I have also suggested a few product features and receive a comprehensive reply back from the product team as to whether they see value in my suggestion and if it is going to be added to the work stack or not.
- Onboarding prep - onboarding is great but you need to be aware that after about 3-4 weeks you will have explored all the features and then are expected to begin running campaigns. if you have not built a database or created good content for yourself then you could be naval gazing. This is not a criticism of SharpSpring but generally a warning they new users need to have the materials in place to start their own campaigns about 3 weeks in.
- The landing page builder can be maddeningly frustrating to use and the email builder has a few glitches. These tools are not as WYSIWYG as they aspire to be but once you get the hang of them then you can create nice-looking emails and landing pages. Just be prepared to want to throw your laptop against the wall at times.
- The actual materials that are there to help us as an agency to sell the SharpSpring/marketing automation proposition to clients could definitely be improved. This is in terms of volume and quality of design. That said, I have fed this back to them and they have been very receptive and acknowledged it is a core area that they are working on.
- Very intuitive and easy to use.
- Great support. SharpSpring has not just been a vendor but a partner that has allowed us to grow our business.
- SharpSpring has allowed us to give our clients a simple and clear picture of their ROI on all marketing campaigns.
- The manual data entry is a little clunky.
- If you have not used marketing automation you need to understand the commitment it takes. You have to be all in and set aside a good amount of time and resources to implement and be committed to use 100%.
- It is so easy to build forms and embed them onto your own webpage. Not only static, but also dynamic forms that allows you to gather more and more information about your leads.
- The timeline is very useful and gives a nice overview of what your leads are doing on your websites.
- Lead scoring allows you to do dynamic segmentation of leads.
- The new visual work flow builder allows you to easily build advanced automation.
- At the moment there is no SoMe integration.
- Some minor bugs around in the system.
- Ease of use - really easy to set up and use, it's uncomplicated but can be as sophisticated as you wish.
- Price - vey cost effective especially as a reseller - allows us to resell at a competitive rate as well as support without having to charge all the time.
- Support - the support is very responsive, sometimes things go wrong but the response time is very quick.
- The email interface is old fashioned - our technical people have few issues but our designer gets very frustrated with it.
- No social - it's on the roadmap.
- The Life of the lead is great - a timeline of when the lead first became tracked then when they became a registered lead, the day and time these activities happened are shown, it tells you when the lead owner was assigned and when they were called - the outcome of the call along with emails and what they clicked on if they opened it etc. It holds a lot of detail so you can know exactly when they were last contacted.
- The email builder is great there are so many layout options and it is completely customizable! It allows you to add dynamic content anywhere you wish! You can design the background and borders to completely match your theme. It gives you the option to text send, View in a pop out screen all to ensure it looks exactly how you wish! If you get a design you really like you can set it as a template so you can save time next time you want that design again instead of starting from scratch!
- The vast array of analytic choices on SharpSpring appear endless they have several report you can build just on the sales pipeline side which is just one aspect of SharpSpring. you are able to export everything you do in SharpSpring which is really helpful as there is no complicated spreadsheets, on top of this you can schedule and send over reports via email to your colleagues to save more time and keep everything electronic.
- I would like to be able to access a calendar within SharpSpring to help with planning and booking in Meetings etc.
- The ability to add manual events/notes to the life of lead not just the notes section.
- Social Media Scheduling - However I believe this is a new feature coming in the future.
- SharpSpring offers partner-preferred licenses and other agency-exclusive benefits.
- Agencies are able to custom-build, scale, and efficiently manage a client’s entire or partial digital marketing stack.
- Helps agencies and digital marketers transition from time-intensive manual reports to easy, integrated reports with charts and graphs - and available in seconds.
- Don’t jump the starting gate. Build training into your schedule for all marketing and IT staff. Give your team some time to fully integrate before activating services with clients.
- Transitioning an existing SharpSpring agency client to your agency account can be a hassle.
current platforms and integrate sales and marketing into one streamlined workflow.
- Month-to-month billing and open structure make it easy to kick the tires at a fraction of the cost of other services.
- Agencies are able to open a new client service / revenue channel with ongoing subscriptions that increase a client’s understanding of customer data through the customer lifecycle.
- This fully integrated use of marketing data gives us an invaluable compass as we help clients plan long-term and real-time sales/marketing strategy based on that data.
- The only con is if you neglect SharpSpring’s training / onboarding process. It’s quite a time commitment to get ramped up but I’d imagine the most satisfied SharpSpring clients are also the most trained and experienced.
- Email Marketing Automation - A simple trigger engages the client or prospect on their own respective path down our email chain.
- Team Filtering - Filter lead lists for each team member to avoid duplicate efforts.
- Pipeline Tracking - Track all pipeline activities to stay on top of leads and deals.
- Add the ability to search for client profiles with only the phone number.
SharpSpring Review: "Great for marketing agencies and if you have someone who can set it up for you."
- Customise many different options—it's great to have the flexibility to customise at such a good price point.
- Extremely powerful—you can do lots of different things across the CRM, lead scoring, emails, campaigns etc.
- Great price point—comparable to Hubspot but at a fraction of the price.
- Excellent service—as an agency, we've been blown away at how helpful SharpSpring has been.
- Steep learning curve.
- Need help setting it up.
- Not as intuitive as other software because of how powerful and flexible it is.
SharpSpring allows me to use it's powerful tools to promote my business and also market my clients' businesses. I can use it on their behalf or give them a user account and train them to use the tools themselves.
SharpSpring also, offers me agency pricing and allows me to white label their interface and decide for myself what to charge them to use it.
Right now, I mainly use SharpSpring's CRM feature to collect customer data from the various ads I run. I also use it to collect customer data from things like chat applications, Facebook Messenger, and text message applications.
I collect the information and segment it into campaigns and lists using SharpSprings automation features. Then I follow up with these prospects through email drip campaigns.
- SharpSpring supports marketing agencies like no other automation provider. They offer agency pricing that is a fraction of what companies like Infusionsoft and HubSpot charge. They don't compete for my customers. And they have my back at every turn with amazing customer service.
- SharpSpring makes automation available to companies of all sizes. Small to mid-sized businesses are used to seeing Google Analytics and Facebook Insights. But, with SharpSpring, suddenly those numbers and graphs become people, faces, and profiles. It gives a business owner a clearer view his or her customer which, in turn, focuses his or her marketing efforts like never before.
- SharpSpring listens to its partner agencies and responds with serious hustle. Digital Marketing is always evolving. That means the needs of agencies are always evolving. SharpSpring values input from its customers and uses that input to drive the development of new features. I truly feel that when I make a suggestion, it is received and valued by the SharpSpring team.
- SharpSpring provides fast and reliable support for any technical issue. Any time I have called for tech support, my call has been treated with earnest concern. My issues have been addressed immediately and are often fixed before my call has ended. The support staff is kind, courteous, and a pleasure to talk to.
- SharpSpring is easy to learn and enjoyable to use. The onboarding process (which costs significantly less than the competition) is thorough and fun. I looked forward to my calls with Justin. He was knowledgable and patient. He allowed me to explore at my own pace while guiding me through all of the necessary skills I would need to learn.
- I would love to see SharpSpring develop integration with popular chat platforms. Right now I have to connect it through Zapier links and custom form fields. I can get the job done, but a native integration would be better.
- I would like the ability to duplicate things more easily within the interface. It's simpler to edit a duplicate action group than it is to start from scratch. There are ways to duplicate many things, but the duplicate commands are sometimes hard to find, because there isn't a standard way to perform this action across the whole platform.
- The things I would like to see are all minor additions or improvements. All in all, there aren't many things that I find SharpSpring lacking. It's an amazing tool at an amazing price run by amazing people.
People would click the ad, but leave the landing page when they saw the complexity of the application. I was able to craft a different ad that ran to a landing page containing just some information and a SharpSpring form requesting a name and an email address. Soon people began filling out the form because it was easier. Their contact information was collected in SharpSpring and the proper HR representative was alerted via email. The applicant received a call back very quickly and, after a short conversation with a real human being was more willing to complete the online application.
As a result, one of my clients was able to hire 48 people in less than 90 days.
- Segmenting our lists by lead score / buyer interest
- Using dynamic text on landing pages for a more fulfilling/customized visitor experience
- Strong marketing automation features such as dynamic lists and tracking
- Strong reporting features
- There's really nothing that I would recommend improvement on. They have great live support that so far has always been available, they continuously update their documentation -- it's all very current, which I love and rarely see in other companies.
- The Lead Score features are so helpful. We can set custom behavior rules, use them in automation and define how much value attribute to each step of the lead in the storyline in our website.
- We really put inbound marketing fundamentals in practice using the Personas feature. We can use forms with persona fields, create dynamic landing page content for personas and email content dynamic for personas. It's a game changer.
- It's possible to track any campaign using the tool to better understand what marketing efforts are generating the highest ROI.
- Despite the SharpSpring Landing page builder being an excellent feature, it only allows us to use it in one subdomain. Most of the times we need more than one.
- The "logical" in automation flows is different than other marketing automation platforms, and there's a learning curve to understand the relation between tasks, triggers, and workflows. As you learn it, it goes well.
- We're having troubles with integrating Typeform forms and SharpSpring via Zapier. We simply can't do it.
By the way, even if you're a digital agency or an SMB with a few leads, it will cost you less than what you 'll probably pay for other solutions.
- Tracking ROI from first click through to sale - this is a key issue for clients and Sharpspring resolves this in a simple interface.
- Dynamic Lists - removing manual segmentation and enabling on the fly dynamic segmentation is very powerful and saves a lot of time.
- Life of the Lead - this is a brilliant visual feature which gives clients the ability to see every way their lead has engaged with their business over time is a fantastic sales tool.
- The Landing Page generator has always been a bit glitchy and although designed to not need code, I've ended up learning more code since I started using it (no bad thing!) but a recent update has fixed a lot of the issues, just changing the publishing button onto the main page is a big time saver. I would like to see this feature improve though to be able to control the placement of headers, images etc through the editing function rather than the code.
- At the moment the workflow structure is enabled with drop down functionality, once a criteria is added, it can't be edited. Having a more visual 'tree' structure would be more helpful and I believe is in the features pipeline.
- The Visitor ID tool is fairly periphery to my clients needs, but it could be improved if it were possible to remove the site visiters which aren't leads that visit your site; spiders and such like.
In the 20% of situations where I perhaps wouldn't use Sharpspring would be a where a business has a strong customer service requirement with multiple internal teams involved, particularly those converting from free to paid trial as I've seen other solutions which can handle this in a better way.
SharpSpring Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
SharpSpring is a flexible and comprehensive marketing automation platform. This solution offers behavior-based email marketing, native or third party CRM integration, dynamic forms, social media management, landing page and blog builders, universal CMS compatibility, and integration with hundreds of third-party applications. SharpSpring offers an intuitive interface with all of the features one would expect from a marketing automation platform – at less than 1/3 of the cost of the competition.
A special partner program is available for marketing agencies.
SharpSpring Videos (3)
SharpSpring Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||56%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||43%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||1%|
SharpSpring Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
SharpSpring Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone|
|Supported Countries:||Available Internationally|
|Supported Languages: ||English, French, Spanish, Dutch, German, Italian, Turkish, Portuguese, Romanian|