Reviews (1-25 of 281)
- We first bought SharpSpring to sell to our clients and ended up using it to streamline our entire marketing and sales process as an agency. I love that this is truly an all-in-one solution. Before SharpSpring, my team and I were juggling several different programs. This was expensive and time consuming and honestly, a hassle. At first, SharpSpring seemed too good to be true, but the software and the people behind it have really come through.
- Like any in-depth software, it takes some time to learn. You have to be willing to sit down and learn the ins and outs. Thankfully, they have a fantastic archive of support questions and a support team that is immensely helpful. They are also constantly adding new features. This means that SharpSpring is committed to being relevant.
- We continue to be impressed with all that SharpSpring has to offer. They are truly here to help agencies like us. If you're looking for an all-in-one solution, look no further. We were spending way too much time and money juggling lots of different services. SharpSpring really does it all, and does it well.
- Drip Campaigns make it so that you can automate emails. This makes keeping up with clients and targeting new leads so much easier.
- The smart forms are a game changer. We can track and capture information so much faster. This means we're able to convert leads at a much higher rate.
- Sharpspring is great at managing your workflow. We can access a sales and a marketing side and keep track of our employee output.
- Sharpspring is still new, so they don't have every feature we would like. That being said, they are constantly adding new features and listening to users!
- Sharpspring, like any complex product, takes some time to learn. However their support is second to none!
- Very easy to create emails. It is easy to upload photos.
- The reports we get are extremely helpful. It has helped me craft better emails and headers as well as better predict the responses to the types of products.
- Data uploads are easy.
- Setting up automation flows are very intuitive.
- The templates are good, but some more flexibility in customization would be great for those of us who are not programmers.
- SharpSpring gives the ability to nurture prospects all the way to them being a client and tracking everything your agency has started and completed with them.
- The marketing aspects of SharpSpring are truly amazing to be able to build landing pages, effective funnels, email campaigns, with all of those being able to be tracked from start to finish in order to see what is helping your agency and what is not.
- Customer support always helps very quickly with any troubles we stumble upon clearing up any confusion we had and always following up with emails that go even deeper than what we asked for with tons and tons of information towards that subject.
- Nothing to complain about. There is nothing else out there with this quality and price.
SharpSpring allows us to combine multiple different points of our sales funnel into one easy-to-use platform. We're able to easily capture data on leads before they submit any info to us, and then after they fill out a form, we're able to keep them engaged with regular touchpoints that are set up in automated workflows.
- Lead Scoring - SharpSpring offers a service known as Lead Scoring, which utilizes rules that you create to better determine if someone visiting your website is an ideal customer for your company. Each lead is given a number based on the actions they take while visiting your site. The more items that they check-off, the warmer the lead is likely to be. The best part is that the lead is unaware that this is going on behind the scenes.
- Email Builder - SharpSpring has an easy-to-use email builder. You can work with templates or build your own emails in a drag-and-drop manner. These emails allow you to add in Dynamic Content as well, which makes the emails custom to the person that you're sending them to. It makes the email seem more personalized than most email blasts.
- Visual Workflows - Automation is king, and SharpSpring allows you to create a workflow for just about anything. Visual Workflows allow you to create journeys that your customers will go on, and then you can set it and forget it. Customers will be taken down branching paths and journeys that you've already created for them, but you won't need to lift a finger to keep them engaged.
- Instagram: SharpSpring is currently lacking the feature to post on Instagram. The other major social platforms are available though.
- I really like their content calendar for social media, email campaigns and blog posts. It makes looking at what you have posting the entire month at a glance. When using it for clients, it makes it easy for them to see what you are doing for their company as well.
- I like their meetings function that was just recently released.
- I like that the features above are built into the same price. You don't have to purchase separate versions, or "hubs" if you will in order to get the functionality you want.
- I'm not a big fan of their media upload section - specifically you can't upload videos to it. You can only link videos to it that were uploaded to other places like YouTube. While I understand the basic purpose of being able to track clicks better the way they do it, I want to be able to schedule video uploads to Facebook through Sharpspring and have the video native on Facebook as opposed to sharing it from YouTube.
- While they have a lot of third party plugins through Zapier, I would like to see more native plugins.
- The biggest native plugin I wish they had is a good message bot. I really miss that with my last software.
- The UI is really nice and intuitive, everything is exactly where you would expect it to be. Even non-tech people are easily able to figure out how to use and implement the software.
- Customer support is really good. In my experience, support tickets are always responded to within an hour and always helpful.
- The feature set in relation to pricing is as good as you will find anywhere in the marketing automation industry. Sharpspring gives you some serious bang for your buck.
- The email editor is drag and drop and easy to use, but still has bugs that need to be worked out.
- Specific event-based automation are missing. An example is sending an email on a contacts birthday or anniversary, there is currently no way to do this in Shaprpsring
- Email deliverability was a real issue for a while but I believe has been sorted out. Sharpspring had a hard-line approach to email sending which resulted in many emails being suppressed without cause., but have fixed the issues users where having
- SharpSpring is RAZOR FOCUSED on partnering with agencies, not competing against them for the same client. In this context, we experience top-notch support, quarterly town-halls, and lots of communication.
- SharpSpring is terrific to work with in implementing the platform. They will work with you to help you pitch, and they will work with you to help you install.
- While all marketing automation platforms are confusing (I'm looking at you, HubSpot!), SharpSpring is constantly refining its interface to become CLEARER and more intuitive. Sometimes these efforts backfire, but the relationship is so good, if enough feedback is received, changes are made. They listen carefully.
- SharpSpring's email editor is NOT as good as HubSpot's. That said, it is constantly improving and is easier to use all the time.
- Small things can be frustrating, such as labeling contacts, or some workflows. But this is offset by the company's willingness to listen and implement change from it's users.
- Certain automations (such as pushed content via RSS feeds) are missing.
- Customer Relationship Management - very robust, customizable fields, integrates with Google products (calendar, Gmail,) phone call log, etc.
- Email Marketing and Lead Nurturing
- Ease-of-use. Very intuitive and doesn't take long to learn.
- I would love to see more reports, metrics, etc. They have some good reporting but could be expanded upon.
- I would like to see more training materials. People inherently fear or hate change and when a business decides to implement a new CRM it can be hard to get people to adopt. Anything that can make this easier is welcome! SharpSpring does have a pretty extensive database for help and support, and some videos that can be accessed directly from the platform. But more would be nice!
- The user interface is easy to work with.
- The design of the product helps in doing initial set-up
- Training is great, very methodical, hands-on, as well as a great library of reference
- Maybe adding more standard fields
- Ability to edit and enhance standard fields without creating new custom fields
- Shared CRM Database with custom fields. Easy to use, custom fields can be all sorts of data types. Building lists of people in the CRM works well.
- Embedded customized forms. We have created and embedded lots of forms. Adding custom fields plus GDPR is easy to do.
- Tracking email sends and website visits. The platform records website visits, form fills and email opens, all into the CRM system.
- Customer support is good - we get answers quickly from people who know what they are doing.
- We use Stripo to construct emails as we find it much easier than the built-in email editor.
- Styling forms need knowledge of CSS. Some basic options can be decided within SharpSpring. We have a developer who does the work to match the form styling with the specific website designs.
- Organizing assets such as emails, forms, lists, and workflows is a little hit and miss. But, a new feature using Tags is coming which should make it easy to tag related assets so that projects can be kept organized.
- Sales CRM: easy to track opportunities and after they are won or lost, see where the lead came from.
- Marketing Automation: they make it easy to trigger internal and external actions, like sending an on-boarding email after a deal is won.
- Reporting: the ability to see where a lead came from and all the actions they took is priceless.
- Mobile App: They have a good mobile app and have plans to update it for 2020 that I'm looking forward to.
- Always improving the software - because they primarily work with agencies, they are always continuing to improve and launch new features to help the agencies in managing their own clients.
- Adaptability - we started with them when they were still a start-up company. Throughout the years, we've seen them adapt to trends in the marketplace, new compliance and partner requests/needs. They have grown a lot over the years, but continue to do it strategically and in a way that the Partners are always first.
- User friendly interface - when I provide demos or training, I'm continually told how user-friendly the platform is. It's very intuitive and easy to follow.
- While they are continually launching new features, I sometimes feel that they need to improve their current features first.
- Improve Support - They have a dedicated Partner Support team which is great, but when submitting cases, I often get different feedback from different people on the team. They aren't very consistent and I have to often push for them to answer the actual question.
It's not going to be a good fit for a business who doesn't have those resources available. SharpSpring does not create content for you, or build the automation for you - you need to be able to do that on your own.
- A visual editor to create complex workflows.
- Integrations with third-party solutions.
- Forms and list management are pretty easy.
- Customer support is fantastic, one of the best I've personally experienced.
- Shopping cart integrations can be a little bit complex, and you definitely need a developer with coding experience.
- The image management in the email editor could be better.
- The landing page editor has some room for improvement. Coding skills are needed if you want to do some tweaks in your design.
- CRM is easy to use and understand.
- The visual workflows allow you to automate processes and reminders.
- Opportunities helps us keep track of all our current leads.
- The site has run slowly on one or two occasions.
- There could be better Wordpress integration.
- Automations allow for easy content flow and management.
- API integration to third party software, i.e. Gravity forms.
- Landing pages allow for a great lead generation.
- Would like to see the ability to group forms per campaign.
- Marketing and sales to work together and improve sales results
- The prospect and customer experience is improving a lot
- Providing good insight in the whole buyer cycle thus helping us service our prospects and customers better
- Insight in the prospect / customer timeline
- The ability to let marketing and sales work together and improve continuously
- Keep things simple where they need to be kept simple
- Frequent new features
- Auto-save functionality would be nice instead of the save button.
- Tracking opportunities and people.
- Same features at comparatively lesser cost compared to that similar competitive products.
- Email tracking is great.
- The atheistic look could be improved. Use brighter colors.
- Could add more features for reporting (like graphical reporting).
- Cannot integrate with other platforms like Zoom, Go-to meeting, Vonage Business, etc.
- Cannot add or save documents for contact or opportunity. So we lose out on knowing what was sent and what was not for future use.
- Identifying new opportunities
- Nurturing leads
- Storing customer data
- Adjusting data in bulk
- More options to generate lists, for instance to be able to generate a list without having to select a trigger
- Sending emails to individual contacts
- Easy to use, nice interface
- Powerful automation engine
- Nice to have a CRM integrated into the tool
- The email builder could use some improvement
- Additional flexibility with sending addresses
- Bulk editing features in the CRM
SharpSpring has decent integrations with Salesforce but does struggle with pulling complex data from Salesforce. Tying into a CRM really needs a technology partner to assist with the integration.
- SharpSpring is very user-friendly once going through the modules in the virtual classroom. Any information that you may need to build upon in the workflow can be found on their help pages, that provide both step by step lists with how to do things as well as a video that shows an example of what you are reading. SharpSpring also allows for live classroom sessions throughout the week that allow you to ask questions about anything else you may be wondering.
- SharpSpring provides amazing customer service that always responds within 30 minutes of sending an email. Typically I would expect to hear back from customer service on a site in 24 hours, however, I have never waited longer than about 25 minutes, with the shortest time hearing back being about 3 minutes.
- SharpSpring provides a company utilization score which is very helpful to see what areas of the site you are exceeding in as well as where you may need to put in a little more work. It rates these in areas such as landing pages, lead scoring, emails, personas, automation, analytics, sales, media center, forms, visitor ID, and agency. This ensures that you can easily see and focus on everything SharpSpring has to offer to get the most out of the money you are paying.
- When creating emails in SharpSpring, it is difficult to size your images how you want. You must type in a numerical size then enter in order to change the size which can be both tedious and a bit difficult. A much easier way to do this would be to provide arrows in the corner of the picture that allows you to resize it exactly how you would like instead of doing a trial and error of entering numbers to size your photo which ends up taking much more time.
- Another area SharpSpring may have room for improvement is also dealing with email images. SharpSpring doesn't allow you to manually move your images around exactly where in the email templet that you want them. If it does, I just have not found exactly how to yet after spending a great amount of time doing so, so if this is a function SharpSpring allows, it does not provide good instructions on how to do so.
- When giving someone a marketing or sales manager user account, it would be nice if they were allowed to unsubscribe contacts from emails on their own. This was a problem I ran into for one of our clients who we made a marketing manager user role for. We did not want to give full access to all features on SharpSpring but wanted to give her some more flexibility. SharpSpring should consider allowing administrators to create custom roles for users that allows the admins to select exactly what they want and don't want their other users to be able to do.
- Automating responses and workflows to nurture leads in the sales funnel.
- Track engagement and automatically assign lead scores.
- Excellent training and support plus a ton of specific tutorials and videos we can access at any time.
- Simple process to create (and save for reuse) landing pages.
- The CRM is simple but very flexible - we can tag clients and prospects in just about any way we need.
- Would like to see more live webinars showing case studies of companies and how they use the platform effectively.
- More email templates.
- More pre-made landing page templates.
Less well suited: small businesses with very low marketing budget or no desire to put the resources against building this tool properly. It takes either effort or a budget or both to get the most out of marketing automation. New companies may not be ready for this yet.
- Their team is second to none. You aren't just getting use of the software, you are getting an entire "marketing automation" department on your staff.
- It does a remarkable job of covering everything. It was clearly built and designed for certain things, but there is nothing in the marketing/automation/strategy field it doesn't natively do, or seamlessly integrate.
- The interface is simple and intuitive after an introductory break-in phase. Unlike some of its competitors whose interface feels like you need an MIT engineer. This is a simple portal, but remarkably powerful.
- There are a few (not many) places where something that absolutely should be customizable, isn't. The main page dashboard is setup with a sales focus. That makes sense, but I don't use revenue as my KPI 80% of the time. However, my main dashboard doesn't allow me to change what it features or where. Additionally, things like client photos are handled by an external data scraper, they aren't customizable. I have a photo of every client, they didn't integrate as they are my photos and they aren't from the web. SharpSpring won't allow me to customize/add/modify certain fields, such as a photo.
- There are dozens of social media in the world, they follow 3. I understand that they are working on the 4th. But even with it, they will still be at 1/3 of the socials I track daily.
- The analytics are comprehensive and provide real-time data for our marketing initiatives.
- Its intuitive interface is easy to understand and use.
- Management of distribution lists is very easy.
- The design interface is clunky.
- Creating layouts that don't look awkward and unappealing due to odd spacing issues, lack of columns, lack of customizable areas is more challenging than it should be.
- Font choices are limited and challenging to use.
- Templates are boring.
SharpSpring Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
SharpSpring is a flexible and comprehensive marketing automation platform. This solution offers behavior-based email marketing, native or third party CRM integration, dynamic forms, social media management, landing page and blog builders, universal CMS compatibility, and integration with hundreds of third-party applications. SharpSpring offers an intuitive interface with all of the features one would expect from a marketing automation platform – at less than 1/3 of the cost of the competition.
A special partner program is available for marketing agencies.
SharpSpring Videos (3)
SharpSpring Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||56%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||43%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||1%|
SharpSpring Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
SharpSpring Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone|
|Supported Countries:||Available Internationally|
|Supported Languages:||English, French, Spanish, Dutch, German, Italian, Turkish, Portuguese, Romanian|