Reviews (1-25 of 310)
Delivering leads to Sales is also very important, and SharpSpring's Visual Workflow tools allow us to create complex logic flows. Any field in SharpSpring can be used to create workflows, lists, campaigns, dynamic fields, etc. There's complete flexibility, and that's a great thing.
- List generation and filtering
- Automated workflows
- Drag-and-drop email templates that anyone can use
- Email organization should allow for subfolders and archiving
- Lists within lists should intelligently refresh
- Organizations should be able to be filtered and actioned on, much like leads / contacts.
Grabbing analytics and reports has never been easier, and the support is truly top notch.
- The ability to create beautiful, branded marketing messages with links to videos or marketing collateral - or to online content.
- Dynamic content - the ability to change the message based on the persona and location.
- Blog - this feature is still a bit weak in that the page name for the page reads "PAGE 1 (or 2, etc.) instead of being a branded URL - or "Company" Blog.
- Reporting - this feature is growing but I would like the ability to include my custom fields in reporting. To me, since the data is there, I'd like to run a report on that. I have figured out I can export data to excel and create reports but that's a little time consuming.
- I love having a view of all email engagement, all web pages visited, all forms submitted for a single contact in a single view on Life of the Lead.
- Anytime there is a repetitive marketing task that can be automated, I set up an automation in SharpSpring. It helps a marketing execution team of 1, act like a team of 10.
- The trigger criteria & filters can be a bit frustrating/limiting, and I wish adding a contact to a list was as easy as running a query against a database.
- I wish there were a user permission to allow a designer to disable the landing page CSS that users don't have access to so we didn't have to code "important" tags into the custom HTML to override the system's CSS.
It also helps posting on social media quickly and efficiently with their social media calendar. This way I can schedule posts ahead of time for Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. If they implement Instagram it would be a slam dunk.
They also offer many tutorials to help you familiarize yourself with email marketing and best practices. I've learned a lot from them and continue to do so. They are there to support you and your business. It has been a nice experience, I know I haven't even scratched the surface on what this can do. It is pretty powerful and I Iook forward to seeing what other problems I can solve.
- Cost Effective - Compared to other programs you get a pretty good bang for buck.
- Month-to-month contracts - You aren't locked into a contract, they are flexible and aren't trying to suck you dry.
- Works a bit differently with different browsers - It didn't work with Microsoft Edge with Email creation but switching browsers fixed the issue.
- Landing Page Creation - It's a bit clunky, I would like it to be like Wix. It does restrict me in some ways but it's okay! I can work around it.
templates. It is intuitive to use with the drag and drop features, and looks
really professional. Easy to create nice emails. It helps makes it efficient to do email marketing. If you are looking to just do email marketing SharpSpring is a good bet. It's intuitive to use and I would recommend it to others.
Social media automation is getting there, it's pretty good for where it is now. It has the major ones, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter, and you can schedule posts. I'm looking forward to getting Instagram. Their listening is a neat feature to have everything in a single place to see other people's feeds, look at certain key words and keep on top of those things. I've used other social media automation like Buffer and it does it better, but SharpSpring isn't too bad. I know they are working on new features constantly, so I look forward to seeing how they change in this regard.
With that, our most basic "drip" or follow-up communications are completely automated and customizable. Sales data is relayed to the contact manager which can be integrated into CRMs, though it isn't necessary in many cases, and the pipeline tracking and sales automation resulting from this is also efficient and effective.
All told we are able to generate and track leads and optimize key communications channels for conversions.
- SharpSpring provides all the functionality my clients and I need most at a fraction of the cost of leading competitors.
- SharpSpring is a user-friendly application with excellent self-help tools and support.
- SharpSpring is constantly improving its application without passing on costs to subscribers.
- SharpSpring is constantly improving support.
- There are times the application is slow but it is hard to tell where that "fault" lies. Regardless it hasn't caused major problems.
- Email design can be a little clunky. When using our designs using built-in templates, the HTML doesn't always behave.
- Social analytics to connect with campaigns that SharpSpring supports would be nice to have.
- We first bought SharpSpring to sell to our clients and ended up using it to streamline our entire marketing and sales process as an agency. I love that this is truly an all-in-one solution. Before SharpSpring, my team and I were juggling several different programs. This was expensive and time consuming and honestly, a hassle. At first, SharpSpring seemed too good to be true, but the software and the people behind it have really come through.
- Like any in-depth software, it takes some time to learn. You have to be willing to sit down and learn the ins and outs. Thankfully, they have a fantastic archive of support questions and a support team that is immensely helpful. They are also constantly adding new features. This means that SharpSpring is committed to being relevant.
- We continue to be impressed with all that SharpSpring has to offer. They are truly here to help agencies like us. If you're looking for an all-in-one solution, look no further. We were spending way too much time and money juggling lots of different services. SharpSpring really does it all, and does it well.
- Drip Campaigns make it so that you can automate emails. This makes keeping up with clients and targeting new leads so much easier.
- The smart forms are a game changer. We can track and capture information so much faster. This means we're able to convert leads at a much higher rate.
- Sharpspring is great at managing your workflow. We can access a sales and a marketing side and keep track of our employee output.
- Sharpspring is still new, so they don't have every feature we would like. That being said, they are constantly adding new features and listening to users!
- Sharpspring, like any complex product, takes some time to learn. However their support is second to none!
- Very easy to create emails. It is easy to upload photos.
- The reports we get are extremely helpful. It has helped me craft better emails and headers as well as better predict the responses to the types of products.
- Data uploads are easy.
- Setting up automation flows are very intuitive.
- The templates are good, but some more flexibility in customization would be great for those of us who are not programmers.
- SharpSpring gives the ability to nurture prospects all the way to them being a client and tracking everything your agency has started and completed with them.
- The marketing aspects of SharpSpring are truly amazing to be able to build landing pages, effective funnels, email campaigns, with all of those being able to be tracked from start to finish in order to see what is helping your agency and what is not.
- Customer support always helps very quickly with any troubles we stumble upon clearing up any confusion we had and always following up with emails that go even deeper than what we asked for with tons and tons of information towards that subject.
- Nothing to complain about. There is nothing else out there with this quality and price.
- Tracks the life of a lead extremely well. Allows for our sales teams to be more efficient, transfer leads through the sales funnel and monitor communications so that no information is lost.
- Automation, based on user actions. This is the most used function and this allows for our marketing teams to deliver relevant content helping gain and convert leads to sales.
- Social posting and monitoring.
- Email creation. SharpSpring has an easy to use email builder so that we can develop and deploy emails quickly.
- The site analytics is helpful but very basic.
- It is not yet integrated with Instagram and we see huge potential there.
- Feedback and consolidation of interest in multiple channels.
- Lead score qualification to understand prospect interest.
- In customer service you can work around with workflows.
- Custom reports can be improved. Basic reports are covered.
- Open API.
- Easy set-up.
- Easy to build automation flows, with many options and clean visual builder
- Good segmentation between marketing and sales (both teams can work in one system)
- Most API connections with CRMs need to be built. It can be done with Zapier for example, but it's not complete. (So in the end it's better to build an API connection.)
- Email WYSIWYG builders can do weird things sometimes. If you want to have a perfect template you need to dive into the HTML editor (but there is an HTML editor!).
- Scenario 1: You have a lot of web traffic and want to convert more leads, with SharpSpring you can easily create forms that you can embed in the website. With the form, you can create an automation flow as a follow-up. Combine that with good questions to segment your lead + the lead-scoring so your sales team can get in contact with the lead at the right moment.
- Scenario 2: You don't have a lot of traffic. Then you can go for the existing customer database approach, or use only email campaigns to segment the leads. This can be done with SharpSpring, but we could also use other options.
SharpSpring allows us to combine multiple different points of our sales funnel into one easy-to-use platform. We're able to easily capture data on leads before they submit any info to us, and then after they fill out a form, we're able to keep them engaged with regular touchpoints that are set up in automated workflows.
- Lead Scoring - SharpSpring offers a service known as Lead Scoring, which utilizes rules that you create to better determine if someone visiting your website is an ideal customer for your company. Each lead is given a number based on the actions they take while visiting your site. The more items that they check-off, the warmer the lead is likely to be. The best part is that the lead is unaware that this is going on behind the scenes.
- Email Builder - SharpSpring has an easy-to-use email builder. You can work with templates or build your own emails in a drag-and-drop manner. These emails allow you to add in Dynamic Content as well, which makes the emails custom to the person that you're sending them to. It makes the email seem more personalized than most email blasts.
- Visual Workflows - Automation is king, and SharpSpring allows you to create a workflow for just about anything. Visual Workflows allow you to create journeys that your customers will go on, and then you can set it and forget it. Customers will be taken down branching paths and journeys that you've already created for them, but you won't need to lift a finger to keep them engaged.
- Instagram: SharpSpring is currently lacking the feature to post on Instagram. The other major social platforms are available though.
We are also using it to link to our back-end system to handle the onboarding of customers.
- They have a lot of features that other MA tools don't have for the price.
- They seem to really focus on technology for the companies using it
- It is mostly out of the box tools, but they have a decent amount of API capability that we have taken advantage of.
- It is mostly out of the box, so it sacrifices some CRM features, and other out of the box features are a little less customize-able than some other, albeit more expensive, tools like Salesforce, Pardot, and Marketo.
- There are some more out of the box options that need even less customization that may be better for smaller companies.
They have a lot of features for a mid-tier level price. You can jump in with their out of the box features or tap into their well-documented API, or even sync with Salesforce.
- I really like their content calendar for social media, email campaigns and blog posts. It makes looking at what you have posting the entire month at a glance. When using it for clients, it makes it easy for them to see what you are doing for their company as well.
- I like their meetings function that was just recently released.
- I like that the features above are built into the same price. You don't have to purchase separate versions, or "hubs" if you will in order to get the functionality you want.
- I'm not a big fan of their media upload section - specifically you can't upload videos to it. You can only link videos to it that were uploaded to other places like YouTube. While I understand the basic purpose of being able to track clicks better the way they do it, I want to be able to schedule video uploads to Facebook through Sharpspring and have the video native on Facebook as opposed to sharing it from YouTube.
- While they have a lot of third party plugins through Zapier, I would like to see more native plugins.
- The biggest native plugin I wish they had is a good message bot. I really miss that with my last software.
- Tracking leads and their interactions with your company (sites, media, landing pages, email opens, etc).
- Our sales manager uses the reporting to check opportunities and ensure they are being followed up.
- Their social media posting is lacking a bit. It doesn't give in-depth look to replies, mentions, etc.
- Their landing page builder, while good, could be better.
- Easy to operate.
- Easy handling is one reason why SharpSping is a favorite of mine. All functions are clearly arranged and can be called up intuitively. SharpSpring offers functions for marketing and sales. If these are different teams in your company, access to the relevant functions can be restricted.
- Monthly subscriptions.
- Another point that is a clear advantage, in my opinion, are the monthly subscriptions. Most competitor tools bind you for at least one year. This means you can try out SharpSpring without having to think about long-term commitments.
- Some labels are not yet translated into German. But this will change in the next few weeks.
It's much easier to track a lead and see what exactly they are interested in. Before even contacting them forever to close a deal, you already have all the info on what their touchpoints are that brought them to you in the first place.
- Dynamic Email Marketing Automation - It really gives you that personalization you need for your audience, and you only have to make one email! This feature also lets you use Buyer Personas which is really handy when creating marketing for different audiences
- Life of the Lead - you can see all the actions a lead took from start to finish
- Email editor
- Landing Page Builder - this editor is a little difficult to use without the knowledge of HTML coding
SharpSpring was first brought in to help our sales staff track their leads but we quickly found out how it could help our marketing, front desk and admin staff also. The ability to use a function like Smart Emails allows our staff members to quickly disperse information to clientele as the request. That is what really won over our staff members into engaging with the system.
So now, using this program our staff members can finally work as a team to help prospects and client find solutions to their questions.
- SharpSpring is an efficient marketing automation platform. The software is reliable allowing you to easily manage a large number of campaigns at once.
- SharpSpring is an insightful reporting tool. It allows you to generate instant and exportable marketing reports around your activity.
- The biggest drawback to SharpSpring is the time-consuming elements it imposes upon the build phase of any campaign. This is particularly problematic when constructing multiple large campaigns as we often use similar templates and/or workflow structures that are stored within their separate client instances. The lack of simply copy and paste elements between instances means that our design team loses a lot of time in recreating their work across different client instances.
- The volume of contacts that can be added to a single action group for email sends is relatively low at 1,500, meaning that often data lists must be broken down into segments which can be harder to track.
- Before this software, we had no CRM or easy way to organize our sales/marketing funnels.
- Before, we had logins for many different platforms to keep track of. Now, everything is in one place, and all the data is streamlined.
- It's so comprehensive; it does take time to learn.
- It currently does not have an official Instagram or Facebook API.
SharpSpring Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
SharpSpring is a flexible and comprehensive marketing automation platform. This solution offers behavior-based email marketing, native or third party CRM integration, dynamic forms, social media management, landing page and blog builders, universal CMS compatibility, and integration with hundreds of third-party applications. SharpSpring offers an intuitive interface with all of the features one would expect from a marketing automation platform – at less than 1/3 of the cost of the competition.
A special partner program is available for marketing agencies.
SharpSpring Videos (3)
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Required
SharpSpring Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||56%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||43%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||1%|
SharpSpring Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
SharpSpring Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone|
|Supported Countries:||Available Internationally|
|Supported Languages:||English, French, Spanish, Dutch, German, Italian, Turkish, Portuguese, Romanian|