Reviews (1-25 of 179)
- Collecting website visitor information and actions taken
- Easy to upload and manage contact information
- Healthy and robust analytics make reporting easy
- Creating emails is very clunky. We were used to Constant Contact and SharpSpring is miles away from that. It struggles mightily with Outlook, and most of our customers use Outlook so this is a real problem. I have a very light knowledge of coding and in Constant Contact, I could work through the code and sometimes figure out what the problem was. SharpSpring coding is a nightmare. We can't ever fix anything in the code.
- Support: the model is that you buy SharpSpring through an agency, so anytime you have any questions, you have to go through your agency. This adds time and cost to solving what could actually be a simple problem.
- They will lock your account and you cannot send emails, not even a test email to yourself. They ended up unsubscribing thousands of our users and that was the only way we were able to send emails again. They can be unreasonable with their expectations on list performance. Our customers frequently use "info@" type email addresses and SharpSpring tries to block us from sending to them. It's very frustrating especially when you are committed to a schedule.
- The UI is really nice and intuitive, everything is exactly where you would expect it to be. Even non-tech people are easily able to figure out how to use and implement the software.
- Customer support is really good. In my experience, support tickets are always responded to within an hour and always helpful.
- The feature set in relation to pricing is as good as you will find anywhere in the marketing automation industry. Sharpspring gives you some serious bang for your buck.
- The email editor is drag and drop and easy to use, but still has bugs that need to be worked out.
- Specific event-based automation are missing. An example is sending an email on a contacts birthday or anniversary, there is currently no way to do this in Shaprpsring
- Email deliverability was a real issue for a while but I believe has been sorted out. Sharpspring had a hard-line approach to email sending which resulted in many emails being suppressed without cause., but have fixed the issues users where having
- Customer Service is second-to-none. Incredibly quick response/resolution times to help requests (often 15-30 minutes). Very thorough and helpful specialists in every area of the platform are there to help anytime you need.
- Thorough and detailed training. You never have to worry that you won't be able to learn the platform! You get a dedicated person that you schedule virtual meetings with to learn each and every piece of the software. They start with whatever is most important to you, the client.
- They actually listen to clients. Clients are able to make suggestions for adds/upgrades to the platform, and SharpSpring actually listens. They have a detailed system that allows them to track how many clients are suggesting similar changes, and they rank/roll them out accordingly. Not only that - they communicate regularly to let users know what upgrades are coming when.
- It does everything you could want. It's a CRM, it's all aspects of marketing (email, landing pages, forms, media storage, social integration) and it truly tracks each and every lead - where they came from, every time they've interacted, what they've interacted with, when/if they become an opportunity, or a client. Used correctly, it truly allows you to see where your clients are coming from so you can focus your efforts on what works best.
- Email/Landing page designer isn't super intuitive. It's not that hard to learn, but it's certainly not the easiest tool I've ever used for designing. I almost can't even list this as a con, though, because if I get stuck, the help desk is AMAZING and FAST. Even if I need help updating code. Side note: if you know HTML, you will probably love the ability to toggle between what it looks like to leads and the code.
- Great visual landing page and email builder on the marketing side. Easy to build templates, or you can use existing ones to start from
- Automated social media tool lets me connect multiple platforms (Linkedin, Twitter, Facebook) and schedule posts for all of them while utilizing my landing pages and blog posts with tracking links.
- Contact record/timeline provides a detailed history of how a contact has interacted/engaged with our business on our blogs, landing pages, emails and workflow programs.
- I'd like the see the UI updated to look more like other newer, modern software (HubSpot is the prettiest)
- I'd like to see a larger community forum so that SharpSpring users can connect with each other to share ideas on how the platform could be better and how to create workflows to solve common business problems.
- I would like to see the ability to edit html in the visual on a per module basis instead of just on the entire page/email.
- Email automation is a great way o reach a large amount of clients quickly and easily.
- Opportunities are a great way to track your sales funnel and stay organized to reach goals.
- Analytics and reports help to assess past goals and create future goals for the department.
- The email marketing tool is a bit challenging.
- Building customer lists with a lot of options to segment.
- Landing pages that are very easy to create and work seamlessly with the lists.
- Content calendar that publish it to social media, saves time!
- Unfortunately, social media content calendar doesn't work flawlessly on LinkedIn due to restrictions on their side.
- You have to dive into action groups, because that can be a little bit difficult to create automation.
- Creating newsletters could be faster when you can scale the content with lines (like in adobe).
- End to end measurement of ROI is really impressive and allows us to focus our marketing spend.
- The life of the lead feature is also invaluable and enable us to track customer journeys.
- Core to our business is the opportunities management features.
- The recently released automated sales opportunities will also greatly enhance process.
- While a lot of native integrations exist we are still required to use Zapier on occasions so the number of integration could be better
- Date based automation is lacking
- Having the ability to have a primary as well as secondary lead owner would offer a lot more flexibility
- Companies who have a fairly complicated/longer sales cycle.
- Need to communicate intelligently with a large number of clients on a regular basis.
- Companies that need to understand how effective their marketing is.
Not well suited to
- Companies that sell low-cost items.
- Environments which have a short sales cycle (retail).
- Once you start using it, it's easy to use and update.
- You're able to pull reports to see the progress of your team.
- Training videos to help you use the product and use it to the full benefits.
- If you have questions, the SharpSpring team reaches out to you immediately and keeps following-up until all your questions and concerns are answered.
- Being an impatient person, it took me time to get used to it. I decided to seek help from a more seasoned user at my office. I don't use the marketing portion of this product so I don't know much about that area though there are training videos.
- Email management: Sharpspring allows us to upload our emails to a system that tracks opens, clicks, location email was received. This helps gives us more information about our customer so we can better serve them.
- Opportunity pipeline: Our sales team uses this customizable pipeline to manage inbound leads and pull them to closed-won.
- Smartmail: Allows us to see when a lead opened our email and where in the US that email was opened.
- SharpSping needs to update their reporting features. Can't accurately report how many leads responded to smart mail per sales representative.
- The interface could be a little more clean.
- The help & partner support team is excellent
- There is a large breadth of features
- The price is excellent, giving us features that you'd normally see on a much more expensive platform
- There is no Facebook custom audience integration
- There is no Google Ads custom audience integration
- The visual workflows have been great for helping our clients to understand how marketing automation works
- The sales pipelines are extremely easy to set up and report on
- The campaign analytics are extremely easy to use
- The mobile interface needs work
- The automatic attribution doesn't work so well with UTMs
- When reporting on campaigns longer than a month, there is no option for monthly spend that isn't equal each month
- Dashboard feature is very intuitive and comprehensive. It gives me a clear view of everything happening.
- The Contact Manager feature allows me to quickly access information on any one of my contacts and easily follow up with them to nurture leads.
- The Automation feature is a great way to bring leads into the site and follow up with each one according to their interest. It feels personalized and saves us a lot of time.
- First and foremost, I have never received the level of support to any of the questions that I have had when working within the platform that I have from SharpSpring. They are extremely responsive and their follow up is incredible.
- Their updates on service advancements has been top notch. They appreciate feedback and want to know how they can improve in all areas by reaching out to us for recommendations.
- The ease of use within their platform makes my job so much easier. Love working with everyone at SharpSpring. The fact that I can talk to a live support within, on average, less than one minute, helps my job tremendously.
- So use to drop and drag functions in other software can be slightly problematic when working within SharpSpring. Would love to see this as an option in future when creating landing pages, emails, etc...
- When wishing to go back during creation of emails, landing pages, etc... would love the option of an arrow back, similar to PowerPoint, Excel, etc...
- We have several clients that have joined onto SharpSpring under us. I would love for them to be able to have the option of directly reaching out to support with their issues and eliminate me as the middleman.
It is not ideal for larger organisations or ecommerce businesses as they may require more flexibility and specialised functions in a platform.
- Automation is great in SharpSpring. The workflow builder is intuitive and a great way to visualize your automations. It shows all the available triggers, and then you can select from a vast array of automated tasks. These are great for anything from form notifications to complex automated email nurture campaigns with lots of "if this, then that" statements.
- The Life of the Lead function on the contact record is great for CRM purposes. Right on the contact record, you can see all the activity of a contact record, even website visits before they ever filled out a form. It can match the IP address of a website visitor to an email address as soon as they fill out a form. You can then see how long someone was evaluating a product or service and which pages they viewed. Then as the lead grows, you can see which emails they've opened and clicked, and the form data they've submitted.
- The email builder is kinda disappointing. While it's not necessarily difficult to use, the blocks and layouts available are not as expansive as some other platforms, and the ease of dragging and reordering and making it responsive on mobile is pretty lacking. The look of an email in the builder is very deceiving. The live email almost never looks like it does in the builder, especially on mobile. It hurts the trust I have in the platform when I am building emails.
- Friendly user interface
- The use of templates to build emails, landing pages.
- The automation tools like visual workflows, it does everything on a few clicks
- The support team is one of the fastest I've ever seen, they answer within minutes, it's just amazing
- When saving the templates sometimes it does not save and you have to do it again.
- Email reporting could be easier to navigate. Currently, there's a drop-down menu and you have to remember what your email was called.
- Sometimes it gets slow.
- Complete control over the entire marketing funnel, from smart, dynamic landing pages to emails that can deliver highly-personalized content, while providing transparency over the entire process.
- Intelligent automation tools that take the guesswork and drudgery out of common marketing tasks.
- Unified user experience that translates across the entire platform.
- The initial learning curve is a challenge, though the support team is very good about training during the initial onboarding period.
- Users need to be willing to commit to utilizing the tool, across every team who is using it, or it won't be as effective as it can be.
- Continue to improve the ease-of-use in the marketing production tools.
Review: "If you're looking for a great CRM and marketing automation platform, look no further and SharpSpring."
- CRM: Super easy to use with great functionality. I love the "life of the lead" timeline, "Smart Mail" and other thoughtful features. The lead scoring provides a nice snapshot of how hot a lead is.
- Marketing Automation: Really easy to use "Visual Workflows" and "Action Groups" let you set up complicated marketing automation fast. Easy learning curve for my clients.
- Inbound Marketing: Love the landing page and blog builders. Easy to set up inbound workflows.
- Reports and Analytics: Great dashboard and deep-dive tools.
- The social media tools could be more robust. I know they're working on it.
- Love to have an instant chat feature to put on client websites.
- Working in contact windows can get a little confusing.
For large, enterprise clients, platforms like Marketo might be a better fit.
- We also have clients using Marketo and Pardot, but I think SharpSpring has the best support when comparing to competitors. Their responses are timely and clear. There are different ways to contact so you always have access if there are any issues.
- By far SharpSpring has the best price when being compared to competitors, making it accessible for small businesses as well as large.
- The platform is very easy to use. I have clients, with varying technical skills, that have all been on-boarded successfully.
- SharpSpring is incredible at tracking communication from your team.
- SharpSpring has a robust and feature-rich marketing automation system - from workflow and rule creation to actual email design and development.
- SharpSpring has the best customer support - both with issues and the openness to ask for implementation requests and then putting them into the product live. 100% the best feature of SharpSpring is the care of the support team.
- SharpSpring could improve its reporting functionality - it lacks the ability to truly create drag and drop custom reports.
- SharpSpring could use a little more ease of use for its email design editor - it requires some technical knowledge of HTML code to really create high-level emails outside of its canned templates.
SharpSpring Review: "Customer and technology focused and is a great product with a lot of features for a great price."
We are also using it to link to our back-end system to handle the onboarding of customers.
- They have a lot of features that other MA tools don't have for the price.
- They seem to really focus on technology for the companies using it
- It is mostly out of the box tools, but they have a decent amount of API capability that we have taken advantage of.
- It is mostly out of the box, so it sacrifices some CRM features, and other out of the box features are a little less customize-able than some other, albeit more expensive, tools like Salesforce, Pardot, and Marketo.
- There are some more out of the box options that need even less customization that may be better for smaller companies.
They have a lot of features for a mid-tier level price. You can jump in with their out of the box features or tap into their well-documented API, or even sync with Salesforce.
- The automation workflow builder is user-friendly, flexible, and extremely powerful.
- Support has been great which is essential for a platform with this type of complexity.
- Importing contacts with custom fields is very straightforward and efficient.
- Social media integration seems like a newer feature and has limited functionality/platform integrations.
SharpSpring Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
SharpSpring is a flexible and comprehensive marketing automation platform. This solution offers behavior-based email marketing, native or third party CRM integration, dynamic forms, social media management, landing page and blog builders, universal CMS compatibility, and integration with hundreds of third-party applications. SharpSpring offers an intuitive interface with all of the features one would expect from a marketing automation platform – at less than 1/3 of the cost of the competition.
A special partner program is available for marketing agencies.
SharpSpring Videos (3)
SharpSpring Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||56%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||43%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||1%|
SharpSpring Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
SharpSpring Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone|
|Supported Countries:||Available Internationally|
|Supported Languages:||English, French, Spanish, Dutch, German, Italian, Turkish, Portuguese, Romanian|