- Having used other marketing automation products in the past, SharpSpring comes in with a fresh and relevant product, packed full of workflow features that help our marketing team and sales team reach their goals.
- The CRM is well crafted and easier than most other CRMs we have either tried ourselves or worked on for our clients.
- They are always new features in planning and SharpSpring are very welcoming of new feature requests.
- The automation and visual workflow system is easy to operate once you have a marketing plan in mind. Once you have something to say, it is easy to say using SharpSpring.
- GDPR compliance on all aspects is great.
- The mobile app is a little basic in terms of full automation access but works well as a CRM when I am traveling.
- The landing pages are not fully SSL certified, but I understand that is a work in progress from the developers.
- The opportunities section for managing potential sales is set up for 1-time contract fees or job totals, rather than options for monthly management contracts.
- The built-in tag system is for automation only, where new clients assume when they see the option, that is for the contact manager and are a little disappointed when it is not a contact searching tool. I understand that is also a work in progress to make better in the future.
Smaller SME clients, who have a smaller contact database may not get the full value, compared to using free available marketing tools.
- The value is exceptional. There is no way we'd be able to offer the benefits of marketing automation to our clients with any other platform out there now.
- The people have always been a pleasure to work with.
- The onboarding was customized to how we were planning to use the platform. At no point were we made to feel that we didn't know marketing at all just because we hadn't yet used a marketing automation platform.
- They are constantly rolling out new features and capabilities.
- Really easy to keep our clients up to date with their automatic VisitorID emails and other automation we've set up.
- You want to have someone on your team who knows basic HTML. The WYSIWYG editor can be glitchy and it is much easier to just hop into the code.
- Some features are not totally robust. For example, negative triggers are not available (has not visited the page/has not opened the email/has not viewed the media). However, there are ways to work around that using filters or lists.
- Roll out and features and capabilities are slightly behind the industry. For example, social media was only integrated in December 2017. That has not been a huge downside for us because, for example, we had been using another platform for social media.
- Can be glitchy, especially when new features are rolled out. For example, automatic image resizing while maintaining proportions didn't work for a couple of weeks. I did the calculations on my phone until it was working again. The glitches have never been deleted-all-your-contacts level, just a bit annoying.
- The CRM is very easy to use - adding/editing info for each contact, assigning to specific users, etc
- Emails are easy to set up and manage
- Tracking email opens/clicks is very easy
- Like many software platforms there is more functionality than I know how to use it. They do a good job of communicating updates but I would like to see more frequent video "how-to" demos
- After some basic training setting up email drip campaigns is pretty easy but would like to see more drag and drop like I'm seeing with other competitors
- It's absolutely perfect for marketing automation and is less expensive than some of the bigger name CRMs.
- Could be easier to configure. I would not use it if you are a small business looking for a simple CRM.
- Marketing automation is great. The visual workflow tool is great and works as expected. We were able to replace email replies previously handled by the Gravity Forms WordPress plugin pretty easily with SharpSpring - and they look much better.
- Fairly straightforward. Everything works pretty much as expected and the interface works and looks about as expected.
- While not every feature is stellar, it is packed with tools. You can build landing pages, forms, email campaigns, custom email templates and a lot more. The interfaces may be clunky at times and it takes some work, but it sure is a powerful tool for the price.
- Clunky search.
- HTML editors for email/landing pages/etc. are pretty clunky. But you can certainly make them work.
- The interface seems to change regularly.
- It's not as intuative as you would think.
- Better for product focused companies, not necissarily B2B/service-focused companies.
- User management and roles are pretty limited.
- Support isn't the most helpful. They are often not available when you need them and they don't usually seem to have an answer - though my questions tend to be pretty specific. However, they do always come back eventually with an answer, sometimes a solution.
- Tracks the life of a lead extremely well. Allows for our sales teams to be more efficient, transfer leads through the sales funnel and monitor communications so that no information is lost.
- Automation, based on user actions. This is the most used function and this allows for our marketing teams to deliver relevant content helping gain and convert leads to sales.
- Social posting and monitoring.
- Email creation. SharpSpring has an easy to use email builder so that we can develop and deploy emails quickly.
- The site analytics is helpful but very basic.
- It is not yet integrated with Instagram and we see huge potential there.
- Email nurturing
- Alerts on website activity
- Ease of use in form building
- Landing pages and some of the newer features could use help.
- Importing in large user lists (we have a client who needed to manage 250K users and had to import in smaller batches.
- Newsletter template builder function - I am not a graphic designer and this made my emails come across as more impressive.
- Analytics about who is opening and clicking on what within email campaigns.
- Building contact lists and allowing me to send to the same list or to create multiple lists for different purposes.
- We had issues with bounce rates and were limited from sending emails.
- Customer support took a long time to get back to us, hard to work with, and ultimately did not resolve important issues in our workflow.
- Would be nice to be able to have an easier way to organize and access my specific projects (my company used the tool for much more, so sometimes I'd have to dig for my work).
It did not work well when we did not understand why SharpSpring was limiting us from sending more emails - not specific about what we did wrong or what we needed to do to correct things.
- Email Automation
- Lead Score tracking
- Contact management
- html email creation is often glitchy.
- Better templating options with improved drag and drop
- A bit better of a kickstart helper. Getting clients to fully understand its power from the get go is challenging at times.
- A CRM for all my prospects, partners, press, search consultants, past clients, and colleagues – with a delightfully simple contact page to work with.
- Business rules automate for various tasks like emails, notifications, reporting, reminders, website, calls and meeting follow-ups, birthdays, anniversaries, the list is endless – the time savings is appreciated
- An email platform to create, send and track email and click activity – integrated and intelligent so I know what I have sent and what I should do next
- To schedule and track outreach; introductions, reoccurring emails, nurture campaigns, recontacting and retargeting – I set the triggers and voilà, it happens whether I remember or not
- A website tracker to see when prospects and new leads pay a visit to my website and what specific content they were interested in – I can follow up with relevant next steps
- For pipeline management, reporting and forecasting – I know what opportunities are ahead, when and how to work them, and produce sensible forecasting for budgeting, staffing, resources and timing
- Full visibility into all the processes involved in business development– I feel in control rather than being controlled by the chaos
- To share my activities with clients and teams, reporting, BD analysis and optimization, win and loss analysis – status reports are so much easier and more meaningful
- Simple and sensible infographics show me what I want to know at a glance – I see just what I want without sifting through all kinds of stuff I don’t want to know
- For prospect engagement tracking, lead scoring and prioritization – my best opportunities are always at the top of the list
- For campaign analytics, email and content ROI tracking – I know what works and what doesn’t and what to invest in and what to avoid
- I'd like to see more training videos in each section. Currently, SharpSpring has a unique feature that brings contextually relevant help to every page. I love the videos because my clients can easily learn and troubleshoot on their own. I like to see more
- I'd like to see more use cases and examples of common business rules automation, short-cuts, lessons learned.
- Email marketing is ok, although templates don't perform very well when sent to Outlook express. This can be tricky if your target audience uses it and you don't have a web developer on the team. We usually need his help to clean up the template.
- The sales team is pretty happy with the CRM side of it. They reported that it's fairly easy to set it up and that prospects can be tagged and classified in different ways to help segment them.
- Their support team is very responsive and will find a solution with you quickly, which is helpful especially during the set-up phase.
- Email marketing - automation is pretty limited and can be done based only on contacts' actions, i.e. you cannot trigger any activity based on lists, which is a feature we frequently use with other CRMs.
- Landing pages - the layout is very "old" and doesn't match the modern design. Building them is glitchy and doesn't provide a wide palette of options.
- In general, it needs a lot of coding help. Our developer is constantly involved in projects in order for emails/landing pages/CTAs to work and look good.
- SharpSpring allows ease of use storing companies, contacts, and our proposals.
- SharpSpring has great sales pipeline tracking and conversion feature information.
- SharpSpring tracks email open rates very well that show who is opening our marketing automation and lead nurturing emails.
- There is no ease of use to set up dial blocks based on industry.
- The software has been slow at times and does crash at times.
- Onboarding was really good. Tailored to our specific needs and usually very vast replies on questions and answers.
- It is easy to manage your clients and work in the accounts of your clients.
- Once you get the hang of using flows, there are a lot of possibilities to work with
- The sales process (pipeline) has no automation functionality. It would be great if this could be automated to some extend as well.
- You can only create triggers on actions that people take. Not on actions people do not take. To create this it often takes a workaround. For example, it is not possible to create a trigger on 'did not open e-mail'.
- We are a Dutch agency, and the tooling SharpSpring uses for recognizing who visits your website is quite poor in Holland. We do not get a lot of data. Would be great if the could partner up with a Dutch party for this. That would give us a bit more value.
- Some things could use an update. For example button creation in e-mails, this has limited possibilities.
- Some things are not adjustable. Like the message people get whet they unsubscribe. We would like to make this a bit more personal / friendlier but this is not possible.
- Easily integrates with your website to give powerful insights on visitor interests and behaviors--and can send automated follow-up messages to return visitors to cultivate the relationship.
- A powerful CRM platform that shows every step, or "touch point" of the prospect/customer journey with you.
- A "Visitor ID" feature that can identify business visitors' organizations based upon their IP address--don't think many platforms do that.
- When I send someone an email, in most cases it can alert me when the recipient opens it. That's powerful.
- It's constantly improving, based on feedback from users like me.
- I would also like to see some improvements on the mobile app--it's too cumbersome to open up and access which prevents me from using it as much as I may otherwise.
- I would like to see stronger integration with ThriveThemes--which is the conversion-focused platform I use for my WordPress websites and those of my clients.
- I use LinkedIn exclusively for prospecting, and stronger integration with that platform would be welcome (much of that is on LinkedIn). That said, it does have strong connectivity with all three social media platforms: LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
- UX and navigation are really easy. The email funnel builder is particularly good.
- Finally. An automation solution with a good CRM attached to the automation side.
- Social media integration and touch points through the user journey
- Excellent Lead scoring capabilities
- Mobile phone offering
- Not suitable for Enterprise but wouldn't surprise me if they improved that
- Ease of use in getting data into SharpSpring
- Customer support and on-boarding was second to none
- Creating leads is super fast: name, email that's it
- We don't have a dedicated marketing team and therefore the MA side seems a little daunting for us.
- The mobile experience is adequate, but could have better integrations to my phone.
- Would love to see a integration with LinkedIn
We no longer need to use multiple vendors for email (like MailChimp), A/B testing of landing pages (Unbounce) and other third-party apps and tools. It's all within SharpSpring. And I've been hearing that social integration is coming soon!
- Dynamic page content - we use this to build a one-to-one landing page for leads that are in our nurture campaigns.
- VisitorID - know your anonymous page visitors with SharpSprings VisitorID feature. Uncover contacts at businesses that visit your site anonymously. This has been as great tool to enable us to find key decision makers and reach out directly to them.
- In my option, SharpSpring is still seen as a maturing platform for marketing automation. It's great for the small to mid sized businesses.
- In the past year I struggled with using the visual email builder. It was a little glitchy in the early stages but seem to have fixed the bugs lately.
- SharpSpring is cutting-edge in terms of marketing automation capabilities. As a firm who delivers this level of smart marketing to our clients, we take these capabilities very seriously- and are very impressed with the level of detail and smart coding that have been done, to make our jobs easier and more intelligent.
- Customer service is top-notch. It's unlimited and personal. We had daily meetings with our onboarding coordinator and she never once tried to charge us. It was truly unlimited. And they have tons of tools and resources so we can quickly find our own answers- and a cool ability to suggest new features to their development team.
- Their sales and pipeline reporting is the best we've seen. We can create limitless pipelines- so we have a pipeline per product, region and event. It's amazing insight- and just what my finance team was looking for.
- It's a robust platform and you need to dedicate serious time upfront to learn and roll it out. We have experience in marketing automation but every tool is different- and this has a lot of new functionality as well that's unique to SharpSpring- so each and every week of the 6-week onboarding process was definitely needed and worthwhile.
- Comprehensive set of tools - landing page builder, email campaigns, site visitor ID, sales insight, funnel builder, form builder, CRM and more.
- Amazing value - it's such good value that when you first look at it, it seems too good to be true! Compared to Pardot and Hubspot it is a fraction of what they charge and you get free licenses included to use with clients. It's incredibly generous and also removes all the barriers to entry which are financially very high for companies like Hubspot that I was evaluating for over a year before I discovered SharpSpring.
- Superb onboarding - I was assigned Matthew for a period of around 6 weeks and he could not have been more helpful. The onboarding is unlimited and very comprehensive and a credit to the company.
- Great support - the technical and general support is brilliant. Although I am based in the UK and the company is in Florida, I always get a reply the same day from a technical person and am kept informed until it is resolved. SharpSpring have really invested in their support infrastructure after you sign on and it really shows. I have also suggested a few product features and receive a comprehensive reply back from the product team as to whether they see value in my suggestion and if it is going to be added to the work stack or not.
- Onboarding prep - onboarding is great but you need to be aware that after about 3-4 weeks you will have explored all the features and then are expected to begin running campaigns. if you have not built a database or created good content for yourself then you could be naval gazing. This is not a criticism of SharpSpring but generally a warning they new users need to have the materials in place to start their own campaigns about 3 weeks in.
- The landing page builder can be maddeningly frustrating to use and the email builder has a few glitches. These tools are not as WYSIWYG as they aspire to be but once you get the hang of them then you can create nice-looking emails and landing pages. Just be prepared to want to throw your laptop against the wall at times.
- The actual materials that are there to help us as an agency to sell the SharpSpring/marketing automation proposition to clients could definitely be improved. This is in terms of volume and quality of design. That said, I have fed this back to them and they have been very receptive and acknowledged it is a core area that they are working on.
- Very intuitive and easy to use.
- Great support. SharpSpring has not just been a vendor but a partner that has allowed us to grow our business.
- SharpSpring has allowed us to give our clients a simple and clear picture of their ROI on all marketing campaigns.
- The manual data entry is a little clunky.
- If you have not used marketing automation you need to understand the commitment it takes. You have to be all in and set aside a good amount of time and resources to implement and be committed to use 100%.
- It is so easy to build forms and embed them onto your own webpage. Not only static, but also dynamic forms that allows you to gather more and more information about your leads.
- The timeline is very useful and gives a nice overview of what your leads are doing on your websites.
- Lead scoring allows you to do dynamic segmentation of leads.
- The new visual work flow builder allows you to easily build advanced automation.
- At the moment there is no SoMe integration.
- Some minor bugs around in the system.
- Ease of use - really easy to set up and use, it's uncomplicated but can be as sophisticated as you wish.
- Price - vey cost effective especially as a reseller - allows us to resell at a competitive rate as well as support without having to charge all the time.
- Support - the support is very responsive, sometimes things go wrong but the response time is very quick.
- The email interface is old fashioned - our technical people have few issues but our designer gets very frustrated with it.
- No social - it's on the roadmap.
- The Life of the lead is great - a timeline of when the lead first became tracked then when they became a registered lead, the day and time these activities happened are shown, it tells you when the lead owner was assigned and when they were called - the outcome of the call along with emails and what they clicked on if they opened it etc. It holds a lot of detail so you can know exactly when they were last contacted.
- The email builder is great there are so many layout options and it is completely customizable! It allows you to add dynamic content anywhere you wish! You can design the background and borders to completely match your theme. It gives you the option to text send, View in a pop out screen all to ensure it looks exactly how you wish! If you get a design you really like you can set it as a template so you can save time next time you want that design again instead of starting from scratch!
- The vast array of analytic choices on SharpSpring appear endless they have several report you can build just on the sales pipeline side which is just one aspect of SharpSpring. you are able to export everything you do in SharpSpring which is really helpful as there is no complicated spreadsheets, on top of this you can schedule and send over reports via email to your colleagues to save more time and keep everything electronic.
- I would like to be able to access a calendar within SharpSpring to help with planning and booking in Meetings etc.
- The ability to add manual events/notes to the life of lead not just the notes section.
- Social Media Scheduling - However I believe this is a new feature coming in the future.
SharpSpring Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
SharpSpring is a flexible and comprehensive marketing automation platform. This solution offers behavior-based email marketing, native or third party CRM integration, dynamic forms, social media management, landing page and blog builders, universal CMS compatibility, and integration with hundreds of third-party applications. SharpSpring offers an intuitive interface with all of the features one would expect from a marketing automation platform – at less than 1/3 of the cost of the competition.
A special partner program is available for marketing agencies.
SharpSpring Videos (3)
SharpSpring Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||56%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||43%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||1%|
SharpSpring Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
SharpSpring Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone|
|Supported Countries:||Available Internationally|
|Supported Languages: ||English, French, Spanish, Dutch, German, Italian, Turkish, Portuguese, Romanian|