Reviews (1-25 of 156)
- Great visual landing page and email builder on the marketing side. Easy to build templates, or you can use existing ones to start from
- Automated social media tool lets me connect multiple platforms (Linkedin, Twitter, Facebook) and schedule posts for all of them while utilizing my landing pages and blog posts with tracking links.
- Contact record/timeline provides a detailed history of how a contact has interacted/engaged with our business on our blogs, landing pages, emails and workflow programs.
- I'd like the see the UI updated to look more like other newer, modern software (HubSpot is the prettiest)
- I'd like to see a larger community forum so that SharpSpring users can connect with each other to share ideas on how the platform could be better and how to create workflows to solve common business problems.
- I would like to see the ability to edit html in the visual on a per module basis instead of just on the entire page/email.
- The UI is really nice and intuitive, everything is exactly where you would expect it to be. Even non-tech people are easily able to figure out how to use and implement the software.
- Customer support is really good. In my experience, support tickets are always responded to within an hour and always helpful.
- The feature set in relation to pricing is as good as you will find anywhere in the marketing automation industry. Sharpspring gives you some serious bang for your buck.
- The email editor is drag and drop and easy to use, but still has bugs that need to be worked out.
- Specific event-based automation are missing. An example is sending an email on a contacts birthday or anniversary, there is currently no way to do this in Shaprpsring
- Email deliverability was a real issue for a while but I believe has been sorted out. Sharpspring had a hard-line approach to email sending which resulted in many emails being suppressed without cause., but have fixed the issues users where having
- Collecting website visitor information and actions taken
- Easy to upload and manage contact information
- Healthy and robust analytics make reporting easy
- Creating emails is very clunky. We were used to Constant Contact and SharpSpring is miles away from that. It struggles mightily with Outlook, and most of our customers use Outlook so this is a real problem. I have a very light knowledge of coding and in Constant Contact, I could work through the code and sometimes figure out what the problem was. SharpSpring coding is a nightmare. We can't ever fix anything in the code.
- Support: the model is that you buy SharpSpring through an agency, so anytime you have any questions, you have to go through your agency. This adds time and cost to solving what could actually be a simple problem.
- They will lock your account and you cannot send emails, not even a test email to yourself. They ended up unsubscribing thousands of our users and that was the only way we were able to send emails again. They can be unreasonable with their expectations on list performance. Our customers frequently use "info@" type email addresses and SharpSpring tries to block us from sending to them. It's very frustrating especially when you are committed to a schedule.
- The email builder and email marketing features are particularly good. Having used a variety of email marketing solutions, having the power of the additional visual workflows and tasks available makes a difference.
- The social media features are good and it's great to see the social calendar with everything planned and the option to post from there is great. The social listening tool is also great to manage our social media centrally.
- The life of the lead is a great feature to see when clients have opened their emails, interacted with our media, social channels or even our tracked YouTube videos.
- I also like the reminders option for the CRM, so I can plan my week and to list every monday, and the system reminds me each day.
- An appointment calendar option would be great to synchronise with the social calendar.
- A better basic search function would be good for the contacts section of the CRM.
- The social sharing options could be improved for LinkedIn, and the addition of sharing to Instagram would be great.
- Complete control over the entire marketing funnel, from smart, dynamic landing pages to emails that can deliver highly-personalized content, while providing transparency over the entire process.
- Intelligent automation tools that take the guesswork and drudgery out of common marketing tasks.
- Unified user experience that translates across the entire platform.
- The initial learning curve is a challenge, though the support team is very good about training during the initial onboarding period.
- Users need to be willing to commit to utilizing the tool, across every team who is using it, or it won't be as effective as it can be.
- Continue to improve the ease-of-use in the marketing production tools.
Review: "If you're looking for a great CRM and marketing automation platform, look no further and SharpSpring."
- CRM: Super easy to use with great functionality. I love the "life of the lead" timeline, "Smart Mail" and other thoughtful features. The lead scoring provides a nice snapshot of how hot a lead is.
- Marketing Automation: Really easy to use "Visual Workflows" and "Action Groups" let you set up complicated marketing automation fast. Easy learning curve for my clients.
- Inbound Marketing: Love the landing page and blog builders. Easy to set up inbound workflows.
- Reports and Analytics: Great dashboard and deep-dive tools.
- The social media tools could be more robust. I know they're working on it.
- Love to have an instant chat feature to put on client websites.
- Working in contact windows can get a little confusing.
For large, enterprise clients, platforms like Marketo might be a better fit.
- We also have clients using Marketo and Pardot, but I think SharpSpring has the best support when comparing to competitors. Their responses are timely and clear. There are different ways to contact so you always have access if there are any issues.
- By far SharpSpring has the best price when being compared to competitors, making it accessible for small businesses as well as large.
- The platform is very easy to use. I have clients, with varying technical skills, that have all been on-boarded successfully.
- SharpSpring is incredible at tracking communication from your team.
- SharpSpring has a robust and feature-rich marketing automation system - from workflow and rule creation to actual email design and development.
- SharpSpring has the best customer support - both with issues and the openness to ask for implementation requests and then putting them into the product live. 100% the best feature of SharpSpring is the care of the support team.
- SharpSpring could improve its reporting functionality - it lacks the ability to truly create drag and drop custom reports.
- SharpSpring could use a little more ease of use for its email design editor - it requires some technical knowledge of HTML code to really create high-level emails outside of its canned templates.
SharpSpring Review: "Customer and technology focused and is a great product with a lot of features for a great price."
We are also using it to link to our back-end system to handle the onboarding of customers.
- They have a lot of features that other MA tools don't have for the price.
- They seem to really focus on technology for the companies using it
- It is mostly out of the box tools, but they have a decent amount of API capability that we have taken advantage of.
- It is mostly out of the box, so it sacrifices some CRM features, and other out of the box features are a little less customize-able than some other, albeit more expensive, tools like Salesforce, Pardot, and Marketo.
- There are some more out of the box options that need even less customization that may be better for smaller companies.
They have a lot of features for a mid-tier level price. You can jump in with their out of the box features or tap into their well-documented API, or even sync with Salesforce.
- The automation workflow builder is user-friendly, flexible, and extremely powerful.
- Support has been great which is essential for a platform with this type of complexity.
- Importing contacts with custom fields is very straightforward and efficient.
- Social media integration seems like a newer feature and has limited functionality/platform integrations.
- SharpSpring allows us to create workflows to send automated emails on a dynamic schedule, catering content to each unique persona.
- SharpSpring tracks the behavior of visitors on our site and gives us insight about how best to interact with them.
- SharpSpring creates analytics reports for us to share with our team, allowing us to gather real-time data.
- We would appreciate it if SharpSpring could add action steps to workflows retroactively.
- We would like to sort by tags in SharpSpring.
- Sometimes, reading analytics reports is confusing because the rationale is not clear.
- SharpSpring has visual workflows for email automation that are very helpful when trying to set up complex marketing workflows. Being able to see the branches of a workflow really helps when designing one.
- The way in which you can view individual contacts in SharpSpring is very useful. You can see which lists and campaigns a contact is a member of and also look through a timeline of their interactions with you and your website.
- SharpSpring does campaign tracking very well and integrates with external campaigns.
- The social media scheduling platform is a little bit clunky You can't schedule a post more than once, you can't see your scheduling calendar once you've started a post, you aren't notified when you've used too many characters for a post on Twitter, and a few other things.
- We've had some issues with buggy email and page creation: Plugins from browsers inserting unwanted code into emails, forms not working, etc.
- Generally the tools for page and email creation are not particularly user friendly when it comes down to it. Something as simple as adding a text box in a specific place on an email or page can be a frustrating experience.
- SharpSpring provides an affordable, all-in-one sales and marketing solution for agencies and small businesses.
- SharpSpring provides Visitor ID which is a great tool to identify anonymous traffic.
- SharpSpring's CRM is straightforward and simple for smaller sales teams.
- SharpSpring's support is mediocre and could improve.
- I've seen our email send data be rather sporadic and unpredictable. SharpSpring's email servers may be the cause of that.
- I'd love to see SharpSpring provide more integration capabilities with Wordpress and other CMS platforms.
- SharpSpring is relatively easy to learn, and you can quickly get started creating campaigns.
- SharpSpring is intuitive enough that you can create complex campaigns without a great deal of time investments.
- Marketers and designers found it easy to collaborate, creating assets and linking them together.
- I loved the way you could send customers through various funnels and switch them mid-stream.
- Lack of or limited calendaring is a challenge.
- The email interface is a bit limited in scope, and templates may not always be compliant with all browsers.
- While you can integrate with Zaps, would love to see major players in chat and social integrations.
- Automation is great in SharpSpring. The workflow builder is intuitive and a great way to visualize your automations. It shows all the available triggers, and then you can select from a vast array of automated tasks. These are great for anything from form notifications to complex automated email nurture campaigns with lots of "if this, then that" statements.
- The Life of the Lead function on the contact record is great for CRM purposes. Right on the contact record, you can see all the activity of a contact record, even website visits before they ever filled out a form. It can match the IP address of a website visitor to an email address as soon as they fill out a form. You can then see how long someone was evaluating a product or service and which pages they viewed. Then as the lead grows, you can see which emails they've opened and clicked, and the form data they've submitted.
- The email builder is kinda disappointing. While it's not necessarily difficult to use, the blocks and layouts available are not as expansive as some other platforms, and the ease of dragging and reordering and making it responsive on mobile is pretty lacking. The look of an email in the builder is very deceiving. The live email almost never looks like it does in the builder, especially on mobile. It hurts the trust I have in the platform when I am building emails.
- Lead generation
- Tracking behaviors beyond a person's job title
- Allowing us to consolidate communications
- Email template designs look out of proportion in Outlook.
- Ability to load a survey in and have a non-recipient complete it—have it forwarded.
- More strategy training, templates, and campaign approaches.
- Email Marketing: The email editor could use some improvements, but overall the emails created are sleek. They provide good stats and analysis and work to help you make them engaging for customers.
- Lead Generation: SharpSpring is great at allowing you to create criteria and a points system that's important to you and allowing you to see what leads are hot and which people aren't engaged.
- Contact Management: It's easy to see who you've talked to and what you've said to them, which is cool and helpful.
- Sales Pipeline: We don't really use this (yet), but their sales pipeline is great for a sales team to track opportunities and successes.
- Social Media Posting: It's great that they have it, but other platforms like HootSuite are still superior in execution. I know the SharpSpring team is working to get Instagram on the system, but it's not there yet.
- Campaign Management: Their Campaigns tool is kind of confusing, and they don't have a real "campaign planner" tool, which is something I'd really like to see.
- Content Calendar: It's good but could use more flexibility. I wish it was more like the Sales Pipeline, where you can easily move things around, check things as complete, show overdue, etc.
- Lead Scoring. The algorithm allows for negative points when there's a bad fit or decay due to a lead not moving forward through the funnel.
- Pipeline Management. Creating opportunities is super easy and they are tied to people, rather than companies, which allows us to get more granular on associated behavior with various lead magnets.
- Personas. Building personas, that are both ideal and not ideal fits for the product or service, allows us to segment our audiences quickly and also provides us with an easy filter for who we should be talking to now.
- Landing page builder. We have tied in a 3rd party software because we like the functionality better.
- Easy-to-use platform that makes marketing automation simple for both our agency and our clients. Great partner agency program that provides huge value for us.
- Awesome VisitorID feature. VisitorID gives you the ability to see which individuals and companies are looking at your website.
- Detailed email and website reports that provide key info and are easy to digest.
- SharpSpring is not as robust as other marketing automation platforms. As a result, it lacks many features that other systems have and the site often glitches.
- It's difficult to automate drip campaigns, notifications, etc., as the automation functionality is missing a number of key features.
- CRM does not seem fully developed; it is not intuitive and lacking a lot of basic search/filtering functionally.
- You may have to know a bit of HTML to design emails, as the pre-built templates can be a bit finicky.
- Integration into various platforms allows for customized deliverability & validation of the efficiency. We can send a newsletter created within SharpSpring, add & change content on the fly and measure the effectiveness of the inbox, click rates, feedback and more.
- When updating the contact database, it is easily maintained by customized rules based on our specific company or client needs. This saves us tons of time managing thousands & thousands of contacts.
- I enjoy being able to add & remove content with the provided interface for email campaigns as it provided me a streamlined way to pull info & data from other locations right into the campaign without having to switch back and forth.
- There are a few quirks with naming conventions but nothing that couldn't be quickly resolved or even modified on their own back-end. The support team is above & beyond! Every time I have come across an issue its has been immediately resolved.
- Friendly user interface
- The use of templates to build emails, landing pages.
- The automation tools like visual workflows, it does everything on a few clicks
- The support team is one of the fastest I've ever seen, they answer within minutes, it's just amazing
- When saving the templates sometimes it does not save and you have to do it again.
- Email reporting could be easier to navigate. Currently, there's a drop-down menu and you have to remember what your email was called.
- Sometimes it gets slow.
- Visitor ID
- Manage and create emails
- You can build your own landing pages without extra costs
- Thousands of rules to give personalized follow-up to each of the prospects based on their interests
- I would love an integration with WhatsApp
- Facilitate synchronization processes for emails that do not belong to Hotmail or Gmail
This technology has enabled us to identify and automate our key repeatable marketing processes. It has also given us the tools to systemize our marketing and sales and build a reliable business.
- Very good user support - quick, friendly and helpful
- Ongoing improvement and product development
- Extensive help guides and product training
- Faster resolution of email sending on the rare occasion there is a glitch
SharpSpring Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
SharpSpring is a flexible and comprehensive marketing automation platform. This solution offers behavior-based email marketing, native or third party CRM integration, dynamic forms, social media management, landing page and blog builders, universal CMS compatibility, and integration with hundreds of third-party applications. SharpSpring offers an intuitive interface with all of the features one would expect from a marketing automation platform – at less than 1/3 of the cost of the competition.
A special partner program is available for marketing agencies.
SharpSpring Videos (3)
SharpSpring Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||56%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||43%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||1%|
SharpSpring Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
SharpSpring Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone|
|Supported Countries:||Available Internationally|
|Supported Languages:||English, French, Spanish, Dutch, German, Italian, Turkish, Portuguese, Romanian|