Reviews (1-25 of 348)
- Automating the system to notify sales that a particular lead has taken a certain action on your emails or landing pages.
- Behavior-based marketing allows different triggers to be set so customers experience a customized set of emails, landing pages, and/or content.
- Great customer support and ticket process. Our account manager is great and the live chat has always been helpful.
- Email builder can be a bit clunky at times.
- Needs improvement in creating custom data field history so it remembers old data that was overwritten (without having to use integration with Zapier).
- Trackable mailto: links would be nice.
It used by both our sales teams and client care teams to help the business grow. As a marketer I use SharpSpring to create campaigns that convert to sales and retention.
It is also a valuable sales tools for companies looking to grow leads and bring in new business.
Delivering leads to Sales is also very important, and SharpSpring's Visual Workflow tools allow us to create complex logic flows. Any field in SharpSpring can be used to create workflows, lists, campaigns, dynamic fields, etc. There's complete flexibility, and that's a great thing.
- List generation and filtering
- Automated workflows
- Drag-and-drop email templates that anyone can use
- Email organization should allow for subfolders and archiving
- Lists within lists should intelligently refresh
- Organizations should be able to be filtered and actioned on, much like leads / contacts.
Grabbing analytics and reports has never been easier, and the support is truly top notch.
- The ability to create beautiful, branded marketing messages with links to videos or marketing collateral - or to online content.
- Dynamic content - the ability to change the message based on the persona and location.
- Blog - this feature is still a bit weak in that the page name for the page reads "PAGE 1 (or 2, etc.) instead of being a branded URL - or "Company" Blog.
- Reporting - this feature is growing but I would like the ability to include my custom fields in reporting. To me, since the data is there, I'd like to run a report on that. I have figured out I can export data to excel and create reports but that's a little time consuming.
- I love having a view of all email engagement, all web pages visited, all forms submitted for a single contact in a single view on Life of the Lead.
- Anytime there is a repetitive marketing task that can be automated, I set up an automation in SharpSpring. It helps a marketing execution team of 1, act like a team of 10.
- The trigger criteria & filters can be a bit frustrating/limiting, and I wish adding a contact to a list was as easy as running a query against a database.
- I wish there were a user permission to allow a designer to disable the landing page CSS that users don't have access to so we didn't have to code "important" tags into the custom HTML to override the system's CSS.
It also helps posting on social media quickly and efficiently with their social media calendar. This way I can schedule posts ahead of time for Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. If they implement Instagram it would be a slam dunk.
They also offer many tutorials to help you familiarize yourself with email marketing and best practices. I've learned a lot from them and continue to do so. They are there to support you and your business. It has been a nice experience, I know I haven't even scratched the surface on what this can do. It is pretty powerful and I Iook forward to seeing what other problems I can solve.
- Cost Effective - Compared to other programs you get a pretty good bang for buck.
- Month-to-month contracts - You aren't locked into a contract, they are flexible and aren't trying to suck you dry.
- Works a bit differently with different browsers - It didn't work with Microsoft Edge with Email creation but switching browsers fixed the issue.
- Landing Page Creation - It's a bit clunky, I would like it to be like Wix. It does restrict me in some ways but it's okay! I can work around it.
templates. It is intuitive to use with the drag and drop features, and looks
really professional. Easy to create nice emails. It helps makes it efficient to do email marketing. If you are looking to just do email marketing SharpSpring is a good bet. It's intuitive to use and I would recommend it to others.
Social media automation is getting there, it's pretty good for where it is now. It has the major ones, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter, and you can schedule posts. I'm looking forward to getting Instagram. Their listening is a neat feature to have everything in a single place to see other people's feeds, look at certain key words and keep on top of those things. I've used other social media automation like Buffer and it does it better, but SharpSpring isn't too bad. I know they are working on new features constantly, so I look forward to seeing how they change in this regard.
Our main reason for using SharpSpring is its ability to track and attribute leads. So, it solves the business problem of attributing a person to a lead instead of leads being associated as part of a group of statistics like hits, or visits or engagement.
- Lead tracking.
- Lead attribution.
- Action and trigger that leads to notifications.
- Life of the lead that shows the customer journey or status as a lead.
- I would like to see more hands-on office hours to help with specific problems as we learn the system.
- Technical Support is great, but can be hard to reach on the phone to talk to someone live.
- Email and Landing page features are very structured and takes a lot of effort to design and set up. Maybe more hands-on training hours would help here.
With that, our most basic "drip" or follow-up communications are completely automated and customizable. Sales data is relayed to the contact manager which can be integrated into CRMs, though it isn't necessary in many cases, and the pipeline tracking and sales automation resulting from this is also efficient and effective.
All told we are able to generate and track leads and optimize key communications channels for conversions.
- SharpSpring provides all the functionality my clients and I need most at a fraction of the cost of leading competitors.
- SharpSpring is a user-friendly application with excellent self-help tools and support.
- SharpSpring is constantly improving its application without passing on costs to subscribers.
- SharpSpring is constantly improving support.
- There are times the application is slow but it is hard to tell where that "fault" lies. Regardless it hasn't caused major problems.
- Email design can be a little clunky. When using our designs using built-in templates, the HTML doesn't always behave.
- Social analytics to connect with campaigns that SharpSpring supports would be nice to have.
- Dynamic email marketing platform that seamlessly inserts any database elements into your email messages; easy to use and powerful design features.
- Dynamic landing page builder that easily inserts any merge field into the LP so that your LP is fully personalized to the visitor.
- Powerful sales enablement and automation functions that seamlessly integrate sales and marketing; this platform makes it possible.
- SharpSpring's product team is actually way ahead of me on this. They are releasing new features faster than I can conceive of them.
- Chatbots, live video calling, sales automation are all examples. Best of all, SharpSpring generally rolls all of these features into the base price and does not nickle-and-dime you with add-on charges.
- As an agency partner I would love to see SharpSpring feeding me leads!
For those clients that ONLY need/want a social media service, email marketing or similarly limited engagements, SharpSpring is a bazooka when they only wanted a flyswatter. A Cadillac for the Kia client.
- Feature development.
- Customer service.
- Great price.
- Incredible automation tools.
- Marketing automation.
- Visual design.
- I have had some issues with attempting to manage our agency account and also manage our agency as a client. There are user permissions that can get messed up.
- Visitor Email Notification responses can be confusing at times if you have multiple clients that you are managing in the platform. This is more of a user error on my part.
Though it is packed full of resources, I would recommend other solutions for large enterprise level companies that are looking for other enterprise features in addition to what SharpSpring is offering.
- The support is very friendly and usually responds within an hour or two of submitting a support ticket. Their quick responses have been the difference between success and failure when we've faced time-sensitive tasks.
- SharpSpring is very easy to use and offers dozens of help docs and step-by-step videos.
- They listen to their customers! SharpSpring even offers feature requests where the community can make recommendations and vote on desired features.
- SharpSpring offers the ability to customize styling in many ways. However, I wish they had more options.
- Helps us organize our contact database.
- Helps us automate processes to help us market ourselves, even when we're asleep.
- Provides true ROI tracking, so we can prove the marketing efforts that are driving results.
- The user interface can be seen as clunky.
- Some features, like the email builder, are not as refined as other competing products.
- Would love to see less features done better than more features done not as well.
- The platform is intuitive and simple to use..
- The pricing model is favorable and more competitive than other options out there.
- The ability to integrate into other systems we use is available.
- We haven't found a use for the content calendar function, compared to other methods we use.
- Lead scoring could be improved.
- We first bought SharpSpring to sell to our clients and ended up using it to streamline our entire marketing and sales process as an agency. I love that this is truly an all-in-one solution. Before SharpSpring, my team and I were juggling several different programs. This was expensive and time consuming and honestly, a hassle. At first, SharpSpring seemed too good to be true, but the software and the people behind it have really come through.
- Like any in-depth software, it takes some time to learn. You have to be willing to sit down and learn the ins and outs. Thankfully, they have a fantastic archive of support questions and a support team that is immensely helpful. They are also constantly adding new features. This means that SharpSpring is committed to being relevant.
- We continue to be impressed with all that SharpSpring has to offer. They are truly here to help agencies like us. If you're looking for an all-in-one solution, look no further. We were spending way too much time and money juggling lots of different services. SharpSpring really does it all, and does it well.
- Drip Campaigns make it so that you can automate emails. This makes keeping up with clients and targeting new leads so much easier.
- The smart forms are a game changer. We can track and capture information so much faster. This means we're able to convert leads at a much higher rate.
- Sharpspring is great at managing your workflow. We can access a sales and a marketing side and keep track of our employee output.
- Sharpspring is still new, so they don't have every feature we would like. That being said, they are constantly adding new features and listening to users!
- Sharpspring, like any complex product, takes some time to learn. However their support is second to none!
- A/B testing for emails and landing pages.
- Identify anonymous website visitors - this shows company that hits the site - not the individual, but still powerful.
- Automated workflows.
- Team video conferencing - with screen sharing.
- Customer Relationship Management - notes, contacts, engagement, lead scoring, communication dashboard.
- Email marketing.
- Not a big fan of the new billing process which requires us to invoice new clients through them rather than invoicing them ourselves. This has caused a number of issues with our clients who prefer single-source billing.
- Better calendar integration with Mac iCal - currently works with Google calendar which our team doesn't use much. This means we need to copy and paste.
- SEO tool integration would round this tool out nicely however we do have other capable tools for this.
I don't think the system is suitable for micro-businesses. Even those with 10-15 sometimes don't understand the value of the platform.
- Centralized data of your customers, leads and proposals in the queue.
- Good customer support service that is timely.
- Replaces email campaign tools.
- Lead values can be assigned depending on contact engagement.
- Media library with easy to use WYSIWYG landing pages.
- Better, detailed life cycle of onboarding "What to expect."
- Faster servers for conductivity.
- Better integrations with third-party tools.
Validation of leads, the assignment from leads to opportunities and the lead scoring, with automation helps salespeople realize where they are in the pipeline with prospects. We wanted to have more integration from forms to collecting leads, company and associated sub-accounts organized with individual opportunities. The ability to replace MailChimp, Lead Pages and Pipedrive while adding more functionalities was beneficial and outweighed the cons. This puts us in a good position to walk other customers through the process correctly and have longer-term contracts with them.
- Share demographics about the visitors coming to your website.
- Automations that helps you get the right information needed.
- Create individualized landing pages to personalize the marketing experience.
- The landing builder can be improved by offering more templates and an easier way to manipulate the links.
- We recommend adding templates for automation like emails and landing pages have.
- Implement an integration with Instagram.
SharpSpring solves for our need of personalized automated emails and segmented workflows.
This helps us manage all contacts for multiple events throughout the year, create workflows and funnels, and automate many hours of updating our contact lists. We love that we can use this on multiple clients easily!
- The automation workflow builder is the best we have ever worked with. Efficient, easy to understand, teach, and to edit.
- Dynamic email creation is one of the best in the business.
- The price is much more affordable than other big names such as Salesforce/HubSpot.
- Billing is handled in house and is billed inconvenient ways.
- Dynamic email creation does not work at scale for changing content.
- Customer support needs more internal assistance. Can take hours to receive answers. Though the support when they do answer is helpful.
If you have many programs already handling automation or that would need to integrate with the program, it becomes much more difficult. Typically requiring a Zapier connection where most other competitors such as Mailchimp have had these integrations built for years.
- Automation Sequences - SharpSpring makes it really easy to set up automation sequences (Action Groups) that allow you to automate your communications based on actions taken by the prospect. The automatic lead scoring based on digital body language makes it easy for the sales team to prioritize follow-ups.
- Designing emails and landing pages - There are a lot of really great templates for emails and landing pages so that even a non-designer, or non-techie, can create the emails and pages needed to support a campaign. The ability to track campaign ROI is built into the process so it's easy to see what marketing efforts are working and what needs to be fine-tuned.
- Customer Service & Onboarding - From the moment you sign a contract with SharpSpring, you are assigned a customer success manager whose job is to make sure you receive training on the platform and that it is set up to ensure success. During the 3-month implementation period, the SharpSpring team gives you all the tools you need to learn the software. After implementation, the support does not go away. You can call with questions anytime it's needed and the team will walk you through how to do something until your question is resolved.
- I'd like to see some survey tools integrated into the platform so that our campaigns can track user feedback (and whether they started/completed a survey) was captured in the system.
- While the landing pages and email templates are easy to use, it would be nice if the setup was the same on both. On one, you have to double-click to add new elements; on the other you have to drag-and-drop. It's not a big deal, as you get used to it very quickly, but it would be good if it was consistent.
- Marketing automation
- Sales automation
- Calendar integration
- Lead scoring
- Behavioral scoring
- Email marketing
- No native SMS features.
- Buggy integration with Salesforce.
- Landing page builder is difficult to use.
SharpSpring Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
SharpSpring is a flexible and comprehensive marketing automation platform. This solution offers behavior-based email marketing, native or third party CRM integration, dynamic forms, social media management, landing page and blog builders, universal CMS compatibility, and integration with hundreds of third-party applications. SharpSpring offers an intuitive interface with all of the features one would expect from a marketing automation platform – at less than 1/3 of the cost of the competition.
A special partner program is available for marketing agencies.
SharpSpring Videos (3)
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Required
SharpSpring Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||56%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||43%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||1%|
SharpSpring Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
SharpSpring Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone|
|Supported Countries:||Available Internationally|
|Supported Languages:||English, French, Spanish, Dutch, German, Italian, Turkish, Portuguese, Romanian|