Reviews (1-25 of 244)
SharpSpring allows us to combine multiple different points of our sales funnel into one easy-to-use platform. We're able to easily capture data on leads before they submit any info to us, and then after they fill out a form, we're able to keep them engaged with regular touchpoints that are set up in automated workflows.
- Lead Scoring - SharpSpring offers a service known as Lead Scoring, which utilizes rules that you create to better determine if someone visiting your website is an ideal customer for your company. Each lead is given a number based on the actions they take while visiting your site. The more items that they check-off, the warmer the lead is likely to be. The best part is that the lead is unaware that this is going on behind the scenes.
- Email Builder - SharpSpring has an easy-to-use email builder. You can work with templates or build your own emails in a drag-and-drop manner. These emails allow you to add in Dynamic Content as well, which makes the emails custom to the person that you're sending them to. It makes the email seem more personalized than most email blasts.
- Visual Workflows - Automation is king, and SharpSpring allows you to create a workflow for just about anything. Visual Workflows allow you to create journeys that your customers will go on, and then you can set it and forget it. Customers will be taken down branching paths and journeys that you've already created for them, but you won't need to lift a finger to keep them engaged.
- Instagram: SharpSpring is currently lacking the feature to post on Instagram. The other major social platforms are available though.
- I really like their content calendar for social media, email campaigns and blog posts. It makes looking at what you have posting the entire month at a glance. When using it for clients, it makes it easy for them to see what you are doing for their company as well.
- I like their meetings function that was just recently released.
- I like that the features above are built into the same price. You don't have to purchase separate versions, or "hubs" if you will in order to get the functionality you want.
- I'm not a big fan of their media upload section - specifically you can't upload videos to it. You can only link videos to it that were uploaded to other places like YouTube. While I understand the basic purpose of being able to track clicks better the way they do it, I want to be able to schedule video uploads to Facebook through Sharpspring and have the video native on Facebook as opposed to sharing it from YouTube.
- While they have a lot of third party plugins through Zapier, I would like to see more native plugins.
- The biggest native plugin I wish they had is a good message bot. I really miss that with my last software.
- The UI is really nice and intuitive, everything is exactly where you would expect it to be. Even non-tech people are easily able to figure out how to use and implement the software.
- Customer support is really good. In my experience, support tickets are always responded to within an hour and always helpful.
- The feature set in relation to pricing is as good as you will find anywhere in the marketing automation industry. Sharpspring gives you some serious bang for your buck.
- The email editor is drag and drop and easy to use, but still has bugs that need to be worked out.
- Specific event-based automation are missing. An example is sending an email on a contacts birthday or anniversary, there is currently no way to do this in Shaprpsring
- Email deliverability was a real issue for a while but I believe has been sorted out. Sharpspring had a hard-line approach to email sending which resulted in many emails being suppressed without cause., but have fixed the issues users where having
- SharpSpring is RAZOR FOCUSED on partnering with agencies, not competing against them for the same client. In this context, we experience top-notch support, quarterly town-halls, and lots of communication.
- SharpSpring is terrific to work with in implementing the platform. They will work with you to help you pitch, and they will work with you to help you install.
- While all marketing automation platforms are confusing (I'm looking at you, HubSpot!), SharpSpring is constantly refining its interface to become CLEARER and more intuitive. Sometimes these efforts backfire, but the relationship is so good, if enough feedback is received, changes are made. They listen carefully.
- SharpSpring's email editor is NOT as good as HubSpot's. That said, it is constantly improving and is easier to use all the time.
- Small things can be frustrating, such as labeling contacts, or some workflows. But this is offset by the company's willingness to listen and implement change from it's users.
- Certain automations (such as pushed content via RSS feeds) are missing.
- Customer Relationship Management - very robust, customizable fields, integrates with Google products (calendar, Gmail,) phone call log, etc.
- Email Marketing and Lead Nurturing
- Ease-of-use. Very intuitive and doesn't take long to learn.
- I would love to see more reports, metrics, etc. They have some good reporting but could be expanded upon.
- I would like to see more training materials. People inherently fear or hate change and when a business decides to implement a new CRM it can be hard to get people to adopt. Anything that can make this easier is welcome! SharpSpring does have a pretty extensive database for help and support, and some videos that can be accessed directly from the platform. But more would be nice!
- Always improving the software - because they primarily work with agencies, they are always continuing to improve and launch new features to help the agencies in managing their own clients.
- Adaptability - we started with them when they were still a start-up company. Throughout the years, we've seen them adapt to trends in the marketplace, new compliance and partner requests/needs. They have grown a lot over the years, but continue to do it strategically and in a way that the Partners are always first.
- User friendly interface - when I provide demos or training, I'm continually told how user-friendly the platform is. It's very intuitive and easy to follow.
- While they are continually launching new features, I sometimes feel that they need to improve their current features first.
- Improve Support - They have a dedicated Partner Support team which is great, but when submitting cases, I often get different feedback from different people on the team. They aren't very consistent and I have to often push for them to answer the actual question.
It's not going to be a good fit for a business who doesn't have those resources available. SharpSpring does not create content for you, or build the automation for you - you need to be able to do that on your own.
- Excellent training and support plus a ton of specific tutorials and videos we can access at any time.
- Simple process to create (and save for reuse) landing pages.
- The CRM is simple but very flexible - we can tag clients and prospects in just about any way we need.
- Would like to see more live webinars showing case studies of companies and how they use the platform effectively.
- More email templates.
- More pre-made landing page templates.
Less well suited: small businesses with very low marketing budget or no desire to put the resources against building this tool properly. It takes either effort or a budget or both to get the most out of marketing automation. New companies may not be ready for this yet.
- Their team is second to none. You aren't just getting use of the software, you are getting an entire "marketing automation" department on your staff.
- It does a remarkable job of covering everything. It was clearly built and designed for certain things, but there is nothing in the marketing/automation/strategy field it doesn't natively do, or seamlessly integrate.
- The interface is simple and intuitive after an introductory break-in phase. Unlike some of its competitors whose interface feels like you need an MIT engineer. This is a simple portal, but remarkably powerful.
- There are a few (not many) places where something that absolutely should be customizable, isn't. The main page dashboard is setup with a sales focus. That makes sense, but I don't use revenue as my KPI 80% of the time. However, my main dashboard doesn't allow me to change what it features or where. Additionally, things like client photos are handled by an external data scraper, they aren't customizable. I have a photo of every client, they didn't integrate as they are my photos and they aren't from the web. SharpSpring won't allow me to customize/add/modify certain fields, such as a photo.
- There are dozens of social media in the world, they follow 3. I understand that they are working on the 4th. But even with it, they will still be at 1/3 of the socials I track daily.
- The analytics are comprehensive and provide real-time data for our marketing initiatives.
- Its intuitive interface is easy to understand and use.
- Management of distribution lists is very easy.
- The design interface is clunky.
- Creating layouts that don't look awkward and unappealing due to odd spacing issues, lack of columns, lack of customizable areas is more challenging than it should be.
- Font choices are limited and challenging to use.
- Templates are boring.
We use POS data to drive personalised product offers to existing members who spend at the club’s bar or golf shop.
SharpSpring manage’s leads and opportunities not previously realised.
SharpSpring’s reporting provides insight to ROI and website visitors.
- Email automation is very easy. You can create different sequences and then apply them to any contact within the CRM.
- Being able to track actual leads to Google Ads is incredibly useful. It allows us to work out our true Return on Investment from the marketing channel as a whole but also gives us insight into keywords that generate the best quality leads.
- Lead scoring is a simple and effective way of prioritizing leads.
- It would be good to have more options on reporting, to be able to create reports you can easily customize with the data you want.
- Perhaps I just don't know how but it would also be good to be able to add fields into the CRM to capture additional data on users.
- Cost versus benefit: Better support, same features to others. It has support throughout the implementation and helps sales to other customers.
- Actually for our company it's better software for these key points: Excellent price and Benefit, Advanced automation features, Excellent support at the right time, Easy to use and easy customization and Scalable for any company size.
- It does not have updated mobile app
- Some problems with the support of the features in Spanish language
- Collecting website visitor information and actions taken
- Easy to upload and manage contact information
- Healthy and robust analytics make reporting easy
- Creating emails is very clunky. We were used to Constant Contact and SharpSpring is miles away from that. It struggles mightily with Outlook, and most of our customers use Outlook so this is a real problem. I have a very light knowledge of coding and in Constant Contact, I could work through the code and sometimes figure out what the problem was. SharpSpring coding is a nightmare. We can't ever fix anything in the code.
- Support: the model is that you buy SharpSpring through an agency, so anytime you have any questions, you have to go through your agency. This adds time and cost to solving what could actually be a simple problem.
- They will lock your account and you cannot send emails, not even a test email to yourself. They ended up unsubscribing thousands of our users and that was the only way we were able to send emails again. They can be unreasonable with their expectations on list performance. Our customers frequently use "info@" type email addresses and SharpSpring tries to block us from sending to them. It's very frustrating especially when you are committed to a schedule.
- Customer support is fantastic. Whenever I have a question or run into an issue, they are always so quick to respond with a helpful answer.
- Lead management and tracking tools are helpful. Knowing who is on your site, on what pages, and for how long has been really nice. Also, the ability to customize the sales pipeline makes organization a breeze for our sales team.
- The automation/workflow feature is really easy to use and makes life so easy.
- The landing page development tools are a bit difficult to navigate during the first few page builds. The landing page development is also pretty basic, unless you're savvy with coding.
- The form builder doesn't have the ability to do conditional logic.
We use this as a tool for our business and also for our clients. As part of our business growth system, we advise clients need to set up the tools and systems to achieve maximum results. SharpSpring is like a swiss army knife of marketing tools and systems.
We have leveraged the tool for clients to assist with Lead Generation, Automated Responses & Drip Campaigns. We have also utilized the CRM component and Lead Scoring and SMART emails to nurture relationships.
More recently we utilized the event and calendar functionality to promote local events and online webinars. The ability to set up the system once and have it customized dynamically based on user behavior is very helpful and time-saving. While there are a lot of other companies out there that offer similar services, we recommend SharpSpring as a solution for businesses who are serious about taking their marketing to the next level. We appreciate the company and its team. They do a great job for their clients.
- Easy to use, nice interface
- Powerful automation engine
- Nice to have a CRM integrated into the tool
- The email builder could use some improvement
- Additional flexibility with sending addresses
- Bulk editing features in the CRM
SharpSpring has decent integrations with Salesforce but does struggle with pulling complex data from Salesforce. Tying into a CRM really needs a technology partner to assist with the integration.
- Targeted communications - Segmented audiences for finely honed communication tone and language.
- Automation - Automated trigger responses and passive actions on my behalf.
- CRM managing sales through the pipeline - Reminders about actions and provocation material for the sometimes dreaded sales follow-up.
- Pricepoint - There has been some feedback on more cost-effective competition in the market.
- Not a fan of the name.
- Diversity of the scope of functions is sometimes overwhelming for clients - A more graduated learning curve would be more readily adopted as people are averse to change.
- Usability - Both the CRM and now Sales Process Automation is easy for our clients to use and can often mean ditching clunky systems they'd been using before.
- Features - The marketing teams love the automation processes (customer profiling/lead score etc.) and new features like the integration with appointment booking 'out of the box' as well as the social listening and posting features, means that it is an extremely comprehensive platform at an economic cost.
- I would like SMS functionality to be built in as well as email (I appreciate it's not as big in the USA where SharpSpring's biggest customer base is) but it's big here in the UK.
- Although SharSpring has implemented visualization of MA processes, they are not always as intuitive as they might be (although the online help/videos do help).
- If someone is moving from an existing platform (like HubSpot) it's not always easy to bring in all the data (often that's the 3rd party making it difficult!). So the help of 3rd parties who've been through this will help.
- To help you map out your marketing process.
- Your sales processes.
- Create and track marketing leads.
- Prioritize and track those into sales prospects and eventual ROI.
- For sales management to keep an eye on the relative performance of their sales team members.
- If you have little or no technical ability (as setting up the landing pages and emails does require some technical capability).
- Lead scoring allows our sales team to identify how strong a lead is.
- Meeting scheduler gives our client success team along with sales to get meetings scheduled more efficiently, especially using the team meeting function.
- Lead tracking allows us to know when the person opens and reads an email, that way we can follow up when the time is right.
- An end-user issue that could be resolved with effort on my part is taking advantage of any end-user training opportunities available.
- When a new user is added automatically send end-user training documents to the new user.
- Easy to design templates. We use the existing templates, then adjust them to our brand.
- You have the ability to schedule an email to send days before you want it to. Set and forget!
- It's easy to set up newsletters, event emails, etc... the look of the template is so easy to change.
- When designing the email, for the pre-existing templates, it's very difficult to change something that they have already created. For example, if you want to change the color of a line, you cannot, as it's embedded in the code.
- SharpSpring monitors content and sends lists extremely closely. For example, if after three times you send an email to someone and they don't open it, they will automatically unsubscribe that user for you. This can be frustrating because that contact is unsubscribed from all the emails you want to send them going forward... whether it be a newsletter or other.
- The contact manager is a little confusing to use... you have to click around until you can find what you want or who you want.
- Email marketing platform utilizing best sending practices.
- Robust CRM that has the ability to tie end-to-end ROI, bridging the sales/marketing gap.
- Good customer support.
- Endless opportunities for marketing automation.
- Could be more intuitive in general.
- Email templates need updates.
- Copy and paste email marketing automation for basic, commonly used automations would be very helpful.
- Customer Service is second-to-none. Incredibly quick response/resolution times to help requests (often 15-30 minutes). Very thorough and helpful specialists in every area of the platform are there to help anytime you need.
- Thorough and detailed training. You never have to worry that you won't be able to learn the platform! You get a dedicated person that you schedule virtual meetings with to learn each and every piece of the software. They start with whatever is most important to you, the client.
- They actually listen to clients. Clients are able to make suggestions for adds/upgrades to the platform, and SharpSpring actually listens. They have a detailed system that allows them to track how many clients are suggesting similar changes, and they rank/roll them out accordingly. Not only that - they communicate regularly to let users know what upgrades are coming when.
- It does everything you could want. It's a CRM, it's all aspects of marketing (email, landing pages, forms, media storage, social integration) and it truly tracks each and every lead - where they came from, every time they've interacted, what they've interacted with, when/if they become an opportunity, or a client. Used correctly, it truly allows you to see where your clients are coming from so you can focus your efforts on what works best.
- Email/Landing page designer isn't super intuitive. It's not that hard to learn, but it's certainly not the easiest tool I've ever used for designing. I almost can't even list this as a con, though, because if I get stuck, the help desk is AMAZING and FAST. Even if I need help updating code. Side note: if you know HTML, you will probably love the ability to toggle between what it looks like to leads and the code.
SharpSpring Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
SharpSpring is a flexible and comprehensive marketing automation platform. This solution offers behavior-based email marketing, native or third party CRM integration, dynamic forms, social media management, landing page and blog builders, universal CMS compatibility, and integration with hundreds of third-party applications. SharpSpring offers an intuitive interface with all of the features one would expect from a marketing automation platform – at less than 1/3 of the cost of the competition.
A special partner program is available for marketing agencies.
SharpSpring Videos (3)
SharpSpring Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||56%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||43%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||1%|
SharpSpring Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
SharpSpring Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone|
|Supported Countries:||Available Internationally|
|Supported Languages:||English, French, Spanish, Dutch, German, Italian, Turkish, Portuguese, Romanian|