SharpSpring Reviews

Everett Miner | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 29, 2020

My favorite SaaS at work

The main use of SharpSpring by our organization is for lead nurturing and generation through email marketing campaigns. We support these with landing pages. We utilize SharpSprings automation features for creating and executing various workflows. We then send internal notifications and store appropriate CRM info in the system related to the leads. It is being used exclusively by the marketing and sales department. This software allows us to stay connected to our customers/audience, nurture them with relevant info (ex. if they attended our webinar then we follow up with related information and helpful documents), and create collaboration opportunities for our sales team.
  • Automating the system to notify sales that a particular lead has taken a certain action on your emails or landing pages.
  • Behavior-based marketing allows different triggers to be set so customers experience a customized set of emails, landing pages, and/or content.
  • Great customer support and ticket process. Our account manager is great and the live chat has always been helpful.
  • Email builder can be a bit clunky at times.
  • Needs improvement in creating custom data field history so it remembers old data that was overwritten (without having to use integration with Zapier).
  • Trackable mailto: links would be nice.
A great scenario where SharpSpring excels is when we put a lead (or list) in a drip campaign, we can create customized 'report cards' that send out to lead owners. What happens is we start a lead on a campaign, and follow this up with an email that has relevant custom field data that is sent to the lead owner with all the lead info and campaign details. The lead owner can then click the link and view the whole lead history (life of the lead) in SharpSpring directly. From there we can easily report on basic email metrics, but also keep track of who clicked what to see know what they were interested in. SharpSpring lets us track everything they do on a landing page, if they fill out a form, download something, etc. We get a look into the user's whole experience so that next time we can target them with their specific needs/interests.
Read Everett Miner's full review
Steph Hilfer | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 31, 2020

SharpSpring is an all-in-one powerful tool for an incredible price!

SharpSpring is currently being used as my core CRM. It's utilized to implement my email automation, leads and lead scoring, sales and opportunities, manage and schedule social media, and much more. My booking is all done through SharpSpring's scheduling feature and I've recently implemented the Chatbot feature on my website.
  • Friendly and helpful customer service
  • Implementation & on-going support
  • Lead scoring
  • Marketing automation
  • Mobile App Accessibility
  • Instagram Scheduling
SharpSpring is extremely well suited for marketing agencies supporting other businesses. It is also a great CRM for any business that is wanting to house all of their marketing information in one platform to both save money but to also better understand the impact of their marketing efforts. Small businesses that are not doing much marketing would benefit from the sales aspect of SharpSpring more than the marketing portion, however, having the foundation for both is an incredible start for any serious business owners.
Read Steph Hilfer's full review
Tom Mulhern | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 05, 2020

SharpSpring - All of the functionality your business needs

SharpSpring is a complete email marketing tool that we use to reach out to clients and market to new leads. We use the automation tools to create drip campaigns and re-marketing campaigns for potential leads. We also use the page builder to build simple landing pages and sales funnels. The contact manager has the ability to mange our list of 30,000+ without any extra costs.

It used by both our sales teams and client care teams to help the business grow. As a marketer I use SharpSpring to create campaigns that convert to sales and retention.
  • Email Marketing
  • Analytics and Reporting
  • Automation and Drip Campaigns
  • Visual email builder
  • Contact management
  • Blogs
SharpSpring is well suited for small to mid size businesses that are looking for a cost effective way to build email marketing campaigns. It is significantly cheaper than most of it's competitors with all of the functionality of the larger platforms.

It is also a valuable sales tools for companies looking to grow leads and bring in new business.
Read Tom Mulhern's full review
Chuck Smith | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 27, 2020

Full-featured marketing automation on a budget

It is used by Marketing for e-mail and forms on our websites, as well as to generate lead lists and follow-up lists for Sales. We are able to easily generate e-mails for our multiple brands, and then extract actionable data. Now, our Marketing has the backing of analytics. Very helpful.

Delivering leads to Sales is also very important, and SharpSpring's Visual Workflow tools allow us to create complex logic flows. Any field in SharpSpring can be used to create workflows, lists, campaigns, dynamic fields, etc. There's complete flexibility, and that's a great thing.
  • List generation and filtering
  • Automated workflows
  • Drag-and-drop email templates that anyone can use
  • Email organization should allow for subfolders and archiving
  • Lists within lists should intelligently refresh
  • Organizations should be able to be filtered and actioned on, much like leads / contacts.
Perfect for sending e-mails. The interface is clean and intuitive. However, it is a little tricky for brands that communicate in multiple languages, as currently the unsubscribe links have to be controlled by the SharpSpring company language field.
Grabbing analytics and reports has never been easier, and the support is truly top notch.
Read Chuck Smith's full review
Vikki Baumler, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 26, 2020

Customization and Excellent Support Team - Have it your way! (Stealing from Burger King)

The three main reasons we launched SharpSpring was for 1) branded marketing automation in response to online inquiries 2) digital data tracking relative to sales pipeline 3) marketing ROI measurement - i.e., which campaigns are driving traffic and lead to the most won leads? It's used across the organization - but not all users log into the system to access data. Most users receive notifications from online inquiries. Only half the organization is using the sales pipeline feature (because one side of the business is primarily medical referrals.)
  • The ability to create beautiful, branded marketing messages with links to videos or marketing collateral - or to online content.
  • Dynamic content - the ability to change the message based on the persona and location.
  • Blog - this feature is still a bit weak in that the page name for the page reads "PAGE 1 (or 2, etc.) instead of being a branded URL - or "Company" Blog.
  • Reporting - this feature is growing but I would like the ability to include my custom fields in reporting. To me, since the data is there, I'd like to run a report on that. I have figured out I can export data to excel and create reports but that's a little time consuming.
SharpSpring was a big step forward for our company since we were tracking inquiries on paper - in binders - or via Excel documents. Now, we can track leads efficiently, associate them with personas and campaigns and follow-up/nurture leads more easily. I particularly like the personas and the data I've been able to pull to understand which persona (i.e., the son or daughter helping mom and dad research) contacts us most frequently. It's a great confirmation of our target audience information (and which campaigns are most effective for certain target audiences. i.e., I've discovered Google Ads are most effective for employment prospects.)
Read Vikki Baumler, MBA's full review
Jenny Lassi | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 14, 2020

A great tool for a great value.

It is being used for marketing, sales, and account management. For marketing it allows us to automate repetitive marketing activities making it easier for a team of 1 to look like a team of 10. For sales, it allows us to host all materials digitally, generate leads, and track activity of the leads that come into the CRM. It also allows us to use the sales pipeline for helping to plan internal resources and know when work will be hitting our teams. For account management, our executives have a full view of all activities, emails, forms submitted, and web pages visited in the Life of the Lead.
  • I love having a view of all email engagement, all web pages visited, all forms submitted for a single contact in a single view on Life of the Lead.
  • Anytime there is a repetitive marketing task that can be automated, I set up an automation in SharpSpring. It helps a marketing execution team of 1, act like a team of 10.
  • The trigger criteria & filters can be a bit frustrating/limiting, and I wish adding a contact to a list was as easy as running a query against a database.
  • I wish there were a user permission to allow a designer to disable the landing page CSS that users don't have access to so we didn't have to code "important" tags into the custom HTML to override the system's CSS.
Well suited for small - medium sized businesses with small teams. There isn't a way to customize user permissions to specific features of the platform, and the user permission templates don't apply to all scenarios so at times, I had to give admin access so a user had access to features needed as a part of their role.
Read Jenny Lassi's full review
Lucy Nguyen | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 11, 2020

SharpSpring is a good bet

SharpSpring is currently being used by our Marketing Department. We are a small team and needed a program that can do it all. SharpSpring is definitely that program. Right now, we use SharpSpring to create and send out emails to a mass amount of people which you cannot simply do well on Outlook. Its reporting function, email creation, and tracking has helped us send out better emails to get a better open rate. It is also being used internally to automate emails to send to our employees.

It also helps posting on social media quickly and efficiently with their social media calendar. This way I can schedule posts ahead of time for Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. If they implement Instagram it would be a slam dunk.

They also offer many tutorials to help you familiarize yourself with email marketing and best practices. I've learned a lot from them and continue to do so. They are there to support you and your business. It has been a nice experience, I know I haven't even scratched the surface on what this can do. It is pretty powerful and I Iook forward to seeing what other problems I can solve.
  • Cost Effective - Compared to other programs you get a pretty good bang for buck.
  • Month-to-month contracts - You aren't locked into a contract, they are flexible and aren't trying to suck you dry.
  • Works a bit differently with different browsers - It didn't work with Microsoft Edge with Email creation but switching browsers fixed the issue.
  • Landing Page Creation - It's a bit clunky, I would like it to be like Wix. It does restrict me in some ways but it's okay! I can work around it.
SharpSpring is well suited for email marketing, that is where I think their strength lies the best. You can create emails, landing pages to work with it, forms for sign up, and Automation workflow. With SharpSpring, I really like their email creator and
templates. It is intuitive to use with the drag and drop features, and looks
really professional. Easy to create nice emails. It helps makes it efficient to do email marketing. If you are looking to just do email marketing SharpSpring is a good bet. It's intuitive to use and I would recommend it to others.

Social media automation is getting there, it's pretty good for where it is now. It has the major ones, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter, and you can schedule posts. I'm looking forward to getting Instagram. Their listening is a neat feature to have everything in a single place to see other people's feeds, look at certain key words and keep on top of those things. I've used other social media automation like Buffer and it does it better, but SharpSpring isn't too bad. I know they are working on new features constantly, so I look forward to seeing how they change in this regard.

Read Lucy Nguyen's full review
Alan Armijo | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 25, 2020

SharpSpring - Takes our Marketing Business to the Next Level

We having been using SharpSpring for about six months. We use the software for our own marketing agency business and are starting to introduce and implement it for specific existing clients and prospects.

Our main reason for using SharpSpring is its ability to track and attribute leads. So, it solves the business problem of attributing a person to a lead instead of leads being associated as part of a group of statistics like hits, or visits or engagement.
  • Lead tracking.
  • Lead attribution.
  • Action and trigger that leads to notifications.
  • Life of the lead that shows the customer journey or status as a lead.
  • I would like to see more hands-on office hours to help with specific problems as we learn the system.
  • Technical Support is great, but can be hard to reach on the phone to talk to someone live.
  • Email and Landing page features are very structured and takes a lot of effort to design and set up. Maybe more hands-on training hours would help here.
SharpSpring is well suited for businesses who care about and require sales followup. Because SharpSpring can prove who a lead is and the lead's interest in a product or service, the sales team has to want to go in and follow up and close the deal. SharpSpring would work well with companies that have a long sales cycle. SharpSpring can shorten that sales cycle.
Read Alan Armijo's full review
Mark Cohen | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 29, 2020

Marketing Automation Best Bang for the Buck

I use SharpSpring for my clients for inbound marketing campaigns. With it we can quickly and easily create campaigns, optimize them, and track them.

With that, our most basic "drip" or follow-up communications are completely automated and customizable. Sales data is relayed to the contact manager which can be integrated into CRMs, though it isn't necessary in many cases, and the pipeline tracking and sales automation resulting from this is also efficient and effective.

All told we are able to generate and track leads and optimize key communications channels for conversions.
  • SharpSpring provides all the functionality my clients and I need most at a fraction of the cost of leading competitors.
  • SharpSpring is a user-friendly application with excellent self-help tools and support.
  • SharpSpring is constantly improving its application without passing on costs to subscribers.
  • SharpSpring is constantly improving support.
  • There are times the application is slow but it is hard to tell where that "fault" lies. Regardless it hasn't caused major problems.
  • Email design can be a little clunky. When using our designs using built-in templates, the HTML doesn't always behave.
  • Social analytics to connect with campaigns that SharpSpring supports would be nice to have.
I use SharpSpring for companies of different sizes and industries so I think it is ok there. The only place there may not be sympatico is if a company requires an enterprise solution. For example, I don't know that SharpSpring supports SSO.
Read Mark Cohen's full review
Martin Thoma | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 08, 2020

Not Just Lip Service to Being an "Agency Partner"

We use SharpSpring as the marketing automation, email marketing and sales CRM for our company, and we implement digital marketing programs for clients on the SharpSpring platform. Our agency is a Platinum Partner to SharpSpring.
  • Dynamic email marketing platform that seamlessly inserts any database elements into your email messages; easy to use and powerful design features.
  • Dynamic landing page builder that easily inserts any merge field into the LP so that your LP is fully personalized to the visitor.
  • Powerful sales enablement and automation functions that seamlessly integrate sales and marketing; this platform makes it possible.
  • SharpSpring's product team is actually way ahead of me on this. They are releasing new features faster than I can conceive of them.
  • Chatbots, live video calling, sales automation are all examples. Best of all, SharpSpring generally rolls all of these features into the base price and does not nickle-and-dime you with add-on charges.
  • As an agency partner I would love to see SharpSpring feeding me leads!
SharpSpring is a great tool for supporting inbound marketing, lead-gen and lead nurture programs. It works well for any organization that has a sales force...allowing us to feed leads right into the sales team and monitor progress/results. For the c-level execs we work with, the reporting tools create the visibility necessary to justify the program and report ROI.

For those clients that ONLY need/want a social media service, email marketing or similarly limited engagements, SharpSpring is a bazooka when they only wanted a flyswatter. A Cadillac for the Kia client.
Read Martin Thoma's full review
Ryan Carey | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 29, 2020

Economical and POWERFUL marketing automation solution

Marketing automation is the primary problem being solved by our use of SharpSpring. It is used by 75% of our team members and each team member has a particular role/function on the platform. We utilize SharpSpring for marketing automation tools like the chatbot, email automation, and workflow automation. The automation allows our company to maintain a connection to our sales funnel and continue to have a presence in their day-to-day routines which helps us close on our sales.
  • Feature development.
  • Customer service.
  • Great price.
  • Incredible automation tools.
  • Chatbot.
  • Marketing automation.
  • Visual design.
  • I have had some issues with attempting to manage our agency account and also manage our agency as a client. There are user permissions that can get messed up.
  • Visitor Email Notification responses can be confusing at times if you have multiple clients that you are managing in the platform. This is more of a user error on my part.
For a small marketing agency, this tool is perfect. It allows us to use automation to streamline our day-to-day workflow and keep up on things that a small sales team could not keep up with. I highly recommend this platform to marketing agencies!

Though it is packed full of resources, I would recommend other solutions for large enterprise level companies that are looking for other enterprise features in addition to what SharpSpring is offering.
Read Ryan Carey's full review
Colin Sullivan | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 26, 2020

Everything We Need!

We use SharpSpring across many departments. The tools it provides helps us with websites, emails, and social media. It gives us the ability to create forms, landing pages, emails, and automated workflows that can take customers down custom journeys. With it's easy to use drag and drop builders, we get to create professional content without knowing code or taking months of training.
  • The support is very friendly and usually responds within an hour or two of submitting a support ticket. Their quick responses have been the difference between success and failure when we've faced time-sensitive tasks.
  • SharpSpring is very easy to use and offers dozens of help docs and step-by-step videos.
  • They listen to their customers! SharpSpring even offers feature requests where the community can make recommendations and vote on desired features.
  • SharpSpring offers the ability to customize styling in many ways. However, I wish they had more options.
SharpSpring is excellent for businesses that want the full package for a very competitive price. We love the fact that everything we need for our marketing efforts is in one place and can be automated. SharpSpring may be less appropriate for someone who just wants a tool to send emails alone.
Read Colin Sullivan's full review
Devin Littlefield | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 26, 2020

SharpSpring Is My Marketing Automation Platform of Choice!

SharpSpring is being used by our organization to automate our marketing and sales follow-up processes. In addition, we work with our clients to implement SharpSpring effectively, so they also can harness the power of this amazing platform. SharpSpring helps us and our clients solve the problem of manually interacting with potential business leads, tracking our online performance, and helping us determine our direct ROI with our different marketing efforts. It also acts as our CRM to help us keep tabs on our most valuable prospects and existing clients.
  • Helps us organize our contact database.
  • Helps us automate processes to help us market ourselves, even when we're asleep.
  • Provides true ROI tracking, so we can prove the marketing efforts that are driving results.
  • The user interface can be seen as clunky.
  • Some features, like the email builder, are not as refined as other competing products.
  • Would love to see less features done better than more features done not as well.
We recommend SharpSpring because it is an incredible value for the price you're paying. Most other automation software has similar features for 5X the cost. SharpSpring brings you the functionality most businesses need at a reasonable price. And they're constantly adding new features regularly, so you don't feel like you're missing anything from other competing platforms.
Read Devin Littlefield's full review
Charles Fashana, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 21, 2020

A lucrative alternative to other marketing automation platforms.

We use SharpSpring in two ways: to help generate and manage our leads to aid in our company business development efforts and to sell/offer the service to our clients to help them do the same. Currently, our digital marketers, account executives and business development teammates use the platform. SharpSpring helps us keep a close eye on where prospects are in their purchase journey.
  • The platform is intuitive and simple to use..
  • The pricing model is favorable and more competitive than other options out there.
  • The ability to integrate into other systems we use is available.
  • We haven't found a use for the content calendar function, compared to other methods we use.
  • Lead scoring could be improved.
Our primary lens for looking at SharpSpring was based on a comparison to HubSpot. We found the platform to essentially be fully comparable with a more favorable pricing structure. Since making the switch we haven't seen any reduction in capabilities and are finding it much easier to sell to our clients.
Read Charles Fashana, MBA's full review
Gareth Roberts | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 09, 2020

Great system

We use SharpSpring for the management of our inbound marketing campaigns as well as for the management of contacts. It is used across the organisation to develop leads as well as nurture those leads to sales-ready opportunities. We use the CRM, forms/emails and workflow features, and additional features, for this purpose.
  • CRM features are vast, yet easy to use.
  • Flexibility in the initial set up, with good support.
  • Campaign creation is made easy.
  • Analytics and reporting are basic.
  • Blogging capabilities are minimal.
Should your business require a cost-effective and easy-to-use marketing automation system, where you might not have lots of content initially, SharpSpring would be a good fit. It would also be particularly good should you already have a CMS/functional website where you are looking to improve on your content activities in a more strategic manner.
Read Gareth Roberts's full review
Federico Lopez Arana | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 03, 2020

CRM for dummies

It is used across the whole organization, especially by the sales teams. It helps keep all our sales info in one place that can be accessed online. It is very easy to use and helps us keep track of our daily efforts.
  • It is easy to use.
  • Reports.
  • Centralized customer info.
  • Smartphone integration.
If you have a large sales team and need to know how they are doing on a day to day basis, this is a very useful tool for you as a manager.
Read Federico Lopez Arana's full review
Chris Lawson | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 02, 2020

Excellent value, well-functioning marketing automation software

We use SharpSpring to manage our internal sales and marketing campaigns, but also use it on our client's behalf to manage their lead generation campaigns. We are a team of seven and all our staff use SharpSpring in some form or other. We have found it an easy tool to use and navigate, which encourages staff to use the tool as they understand it. We managed to rationalise various tools and replace with just SharpSpring, so it replaced our outgoing CRM, outgoing marketing automation software saving us thousands of pounds.
  • Marketing automation.
  • Lead nurturing.
  • Recording sales activity.
  • Some reduced functionality (minor) vs more expensive alternatives.
  • Web analytics don't match our other tool.
We moved to SharpSpring from another leading marketing automation software provider and SharpSpring provides 95% of the features for less than half the cost. The software itself is easy to understand and navigate (much easier than our previous system) and the support team are responsive, friendly and helpful. We've been very happy with our migration to SharpSpring and intend to be a user for the foreseeable future. It meets our needs as a specialist life science marketing agency perfectly.
Read Chris Lawson's full review
Emma Jackson | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 03, 2019

SharpSpring - Automation that works!

• We first bought SharpSpring to sell to our clients and ended up using it to streamline our entire marketing and sales process as an agency. I love that this is truly an all-in-one solution. Before SharpSpring, my team and I were juggling several different programs. This was expensive and time consuming and honestly, a hassle. At first, SharpSpring seemed too good to be true, but the software and the people behind it have really come through.
  • Like any in-depth software, it takes some time to learn. You have to be willing to sit down and learn the ins and outs. Thankfully, they have a fantastic archive of support questions and a support team that is immensely helpful. They are also constantly adding new features. This means that SharpSpring is committed to being relevant.
  • We continue to be impressed with all that SharpSpring has to offer. They are truly here to help agencies like us. If you're looking for an all-in-one solution, look no further. We were spending way too much time and money juggling lots of different services. SharpSpring really does it all, and does it well.
  • Drip Campaigns make it so that you can automate emails. This makes keeping up with clients and targeting new leads so much easier.
  • The smart forms are a game changer. We can track and capture information so much faster. This means we're able to convert leads at a much higher rate.
  • Sharpspring is great at managing your workflow. We can access a sales and a marketing side and keep track of our employee output.
  • Sharpspring is still new, so they don't have every feature we would like. That being said, they are constantly adding new features and listening to users!
  • Sharpspring, like any complex product, takes some time to learn. However their support is second to none!
SharpSpring is incredibly well suited to any company involved in sales. It is also useful for companies who want an all-in-one marketing solution. This may not be the best software for a small company who is only just getting started in marketing and does not have much money to spend. That being said, it is definitely a good investment, as we've grown several of our clients since we started using this software with them.
Read Emma Jackson's full review
Paul Bies | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 27, 2020

SharpSpring – Forward Thinking Marketing Automation Platform

I use SharpSpring daily to help me manage leads, opportunities, and clients. For my own use… I start each day with SharpSpring, looking at visitors to our site, checking my opportunities, and scheduled events. SharpSpring has introduced a bunch of new tools in 2019/20… chatbots, video conferencing (with share screen capability), a remarketing engine, calendar appointment integration. Beyond the typical automation tools, our company uses it to post social media. We also use SharpSpring to manage our clients in the same fashion.
  • A/B testing for emails and landing pages.
  • Identify anonymous website visitors - this shows company that hits the site - not the individual, but still powerful.
  • Automated workflows.
  • Team video conferencing - with screen sharing.
  • Customer Relationship Management - notes, contacts, engagement, lead scoring, communication dashboard.
  • Email marketing.
  • Not a big fan of the new billing process which requires us to invoice new clients through them rather than invoicing them ourselves. This has caused a number of issues with our clients who prefer single-source billing.
  • Better calendar integration with Mac iCal - currently works with Google calendar which our team doesn't use much. This means we need to copy and paste.
  • SEO tool integration would round this tool out nicely however we do have other capable tools for this.
The original model was very well suited for marketing agencies. I suppose it still is, however they seem to have changed the game plan somewhat with the client direct billing.
I don't think the system is suitable for micro-businesses. Even those with 10-15 sometimes don't understand the value of the platform.
Read Paul Bies's full review
Dwight Zähringer | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 26, 2020

Well-Thought Out Tool That Can Drive Your Business

Our entire organization is utilizing SharpSpring. We think this is a well-thought-out tool that is growing and expanding to meet customers' needs. The replacements it makes are good and single-platform integration replaces many other tools that we struggled to integrate, or had to jump from spot to spot to determine info and ROI.
  • Centralized data of your customers, leads and proposals in the queue.
  • Good customer support service that is timely.
  • Replaces email campaign tools.
  • Lead values can be assigned depending on contact engagement.
  • Media library with easy to use WYSIWYG landing pages.
  • Better, detailed life cycle of onboarding "What to expect."
  • Faster servers for conductivity.
  • Better integrations with third-party tools.
Onboarding and set-up guidance. They help during a window of time however, there is a lot required to get you up and going. They refer often to the EDU and Classroom hours for help. This actually helps but you should anticipate 30-60 days with your current schedule to be up and running.

Validation of leads, the assignment from leads to opportunities and the lead scoring, with automation helps salespeople realize where they are in the pipeline with prospects. We wanted to have more integration from forms to collecting leads, company and associated sub-accounts organized with individual opportunities. The ability to replace MailChimp, Lead Pages and Pipedrive while adding more functionalities was beneficial and outweighed the cons. This puts us in a good position to walk other customers through the process correctly and have longer-term contracts with them.
Read Dwight Zähringer's full review
Jailyn Glass | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 19, 2020

SharpSpring is a GREAT Marketing Automation Tool

SharpSpring is being used to automate our agency's marketing efforts and 3 of our clients' marketing by nurturing leads, sending out emails, creating automation, and seeing which visitors are coming to our websites. Each profile uses it differently, but the main solution is to streamline how we do marketing overall. So far, it's being used by the entire organization.
  • Share demographics about the visitors coming to your website.
  • Automations that helps you get the right information needed.
  • Create individualized landing pages to personalize the marketing experience.
  • The landing builder can be improved by offering more templates and an easier way to manipulate the links.
  • We recommend adding templates for automation like emails and landing pages have.
  • Implement an integration with Instagram.
There is a lot of heavy lifting to complete when setting up a SharpSpring account from scratch. Even though the SharpSpring team is there to help with the first account, you have to set up the rest on your own. Once you get the hang of it, it's not as bad as it seems.
Read Jailyn Glass's full review
Aneliya Georgieva | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 18, 2020

Powerful automation at a low cost

Currently, SharpSpring is being used as a Marketing Automation tool, but we are considering to also use it as our CRM as well. It is mostly being used by the Marketing department, but may be used by Sales in the future.
SharpSpring solves for our need of personalized automated emails and segmented workflows.
  • Excellent automation workflows
  • New features being added all the time
  • Excellent support
  • inability to integrate with reporting tool like TapClicks
This is an excellent tool for B2B business where there is more of a relationship-building and long-term conversion period. I am not sure how strong the tool is for e-commerce businesses, as I have not used it for such a business.
Read Aneliya Georgieva's full review
Matthew Stewart | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 16, 2020

Great for it's price! Needs some more improvements but am happy with the product.

We use SharpSpring as our go-to CRM platform. It is used primarily by our CRM department to track user behavior on websites, manage drip campaigns, create automation flows and triggers, create microsites, and create dynamic emails.

This helps us manage all contacts for multiple events throughout the year, create workflows and funnels, and automate many hours of updating our contact lists. We love that we can use this on multiple clients easily!
  • The automation workflow builder is the best we have ever worked with. Efficient, easy to understand, teach, and to edit.
  • Dynamic email creation is one of the best in the business.
  • The price is much more affordable than other big names such as Salesforce/HubSpot.
  • Billing is handled in house and is billed inconvenient ways.
  • Dynamic email creation does not work at scale for changing content.
  • Customer support needs more internal assistance. Can take hours to receive answers. Though the support when they do answer is helpful.
You should be looking at SharpSpring if you need an all in one program for all CRM needs. From dynamic emails to automation it can cover it all. Especially for the price, it is difficult to beat.

If you have many programs already handling automation or that would need to integrate with the program, it becomes much more difficult. Typically requiring a Zapier connection where most other competitors such as Mailchimp have had these integrations built for years.
Read Matthew Stewart's full review
Nancy Hamlet | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 11, 2020

Powerful, yet cost-effective and easy-to-use marketing automation platform

SharpSpring is being used at Kokua Creative Group across our entire client base to provide CRM/marketing automation, digital advertising, website tracking/analytics, and social media monitoring/management. The platform is successfully generating and nurturing leads throughout the sales cycle. On the client-side, the platform is being used by the company's sales team. On the agency side, our entire team uses the platform.
  • Automation Sequences - SharpSpring makes it really easy to set up automation sequences (Action Groups) that allow you to automate your communications based on actions taken by the prospect. The automatic lead scoring based on digital body language makes it easy for the sales team to prioritize follow-ups.
  • Designing emails and landing pages - There are a lot of really great templates for emails and landing pages so that even a non-designer, or non-techie, can create the emails and pages needed to support a campaign. The ability to track campaign ROI is built into the process so it's easy to see what marketing efforts are working and what needs to be fine-tuned.
  • Customer Service & Onboarding - From the moment you sign a contract with SharpSpring, you are assigned a customer success manager whose job is to make sure you receive training on the platform and that it is set up to ensure success. During the 3-month implementation period, the SharpSpring team gives you all the tools you need to learn the software. After implementation, the support does not go away. You can call with questions anytime it's needed and the team will walk you through how to do something until your question is resolved.
  • I'd like to see some survey tools integrated into the platform so that our campaigns can track user feedback (and whether they started/completed a survey) was captured in the system.
  • While the landing pages and email templates are easy to use, it would be nice if the setup was the same on both. On one, you have to double-click to add new elements; on the other you have to drag-and-drop. It's not a big deal, as you get used to it very quickly, but it would be good if it was consistent.
This is the best CRM/Marketing Automation platform for agencies - hands down. The best value for the money. SharpSpring is comparable to its competitors but offered at a much lower price point.
Read Nancy Hamlet's full review
Alex Polamero | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 04, 2020

SharpSpring Offers Great Value at an Unbeatable Price

SharpSpring enables us to qualify and nurture leads through the sales funnel for a variety of B2B and B2C clients across financial services, real estate, SaaS, and start-ups. We leverage SharpSpring to build automated marketing and sales workflows to personalize and scale communications, score leads and behaviors, and notify sales team members of warm and hot prospects in real-time. We also build robust client referrals and new client onboarding campaigns.
  • Marketing automation
  • Sales automation
  • Calendar integration
  • Lead scoring
  • Behavioral scoring
  • Email marketing
  • No native SMS features.
  • Buggy integration with Salesforce.
  • Landing page builder is difficult to use.
I often recommend SharpSpring to B2B and B2C clients looking to grow their business if they do not already have Salesforce or have robust ERP needs. SharpSpring offers solid technology at an affordable rate and it's very easy to recognize a positive ROI with SharpSpring software.
Read Alex Polamero's full review

WYSIWYG email editor (311)
Dynamic content (292)
Ability to test dynamic content (282)
Landing pages (287)
A/B testing (259)
Mobile optimization (290)
Email deliverability reporting (331)
List management (330)
Triggered drip sequences (316)
Lead nurturing (316)
Lead scoring and grading (323)
Data quality management (308)
Automated sales alerts and tasks (304)
Calendaring (193)
Event/webinar marketing (198)
Social sharing and campaigns (180)
6.6
Social profile integration (230)
Dashboards (325)
Standard reports (325)
Custom reports (295)
API (229)
Role-based workflow & approvals (264)
Customizability (289)
Integration with Salesforce.com (148)
Integration with Microsoft Dynamics CRM (61)
Integration with SugarCRM (57)

About SharpSpring

SharpSpring is a flexible and comprehensive marketing automation platform. This solution offers behavior-based email marketing, native or third party CRM integration, dynamic forms, social media management, landing page and blog builders, universal CMS compatibility, and integration with hundreds of third-party applications. SharpSpring offers an intuitive interface with all of the features one would expect from a marketing automation platform – at less than 1/3 of the cost of the competition.

A special partner program is available for marketing agencies.

SharpSpring Features

Email & Online Marketing Features
Has featureWYSIWYG email editor
Has featureDynamic content
Has featureAbility to test dynamic content
Has featureLanding pages
Has featureA/B testing
Has featureMobile optimization
Has featureEmail deliverability reporting
Has featureList management
Has featureTriggered drip sequences
Lead Management Features
Has featureLead nurturing
Has featureLead scoring and grading
Has featureData quality management
Has featureAutomated sales alerts and tasks
Campaign Management Features
Has featureCalendaring
Has featureEvent/webinar marketing
Social Media Marketing Features
Has featureSocial sharing and campaigns
Has featureSocial profile integration