Overall Satisfaction with Act-On
Act-On is used by marketing mainly. Sales is slowly starting to use to send out template emails and initiate marketing actions.
- Email marketing - It is quite well set up to send multiple emails, with nice personalisation in a sequential manner.
- Support - a success manager is on hand to help set up marketing automation programs, guide around general use and strategies.
- Their customer support team seems to be ready and awaiting a call at all hours, and almost always help find a solution even if it means escalating the issue.
- Website prospector tool - is supposed to be able to show who visited and thus provide another lead channel, but it's too cluttered with ISPs and other useless non-leads.
- Integration with CRM - is generally strong but it does have limitations and has needed troubleshooting.
- Has helped improve our prospective with lead nurturing emails.
- Has helped host content that is not gated so that's another source of leads.
- Has not enabled me to be on top of all leads as much as I had hoped.
Flexible payment options (hence better than HubSpot) and better service than Salesforce's marketing automation tool - Pardot.
Act-On is cost-effective for email marketing automation. It is great for marketing managers/lead generators who are relatively new to the space and want to trial this. It is not so great with all round user tracking and integrated marketing - for instance, I haven't been able to use it to track a lead through our blog and social media and into the sales funnel.