Overall Satisfaction with ActiveCampaign
We are using Active Campaign to launch programs for parents and educators in early September where a number email sequences will be used to enroll in the webinar that will introduce them to the programs we offer. We are also offering them a giveaway when they visit our site.
- AC has by far the best customer service of any company I have used.
- AC extends training on their product on anything you want to learn.
- AC even schedules calls and follows-up with resources via email to support the use of their product.
- The website is overwhelming with the extensive posts and instructional sites. It would be great if there could be a menu to help navigate the tools so we do not have to experiment and waste valuable time.
- The AC navigation interface is too confusing and would suggest simplifying it for the novice user. For instance, what would a novice learner need to successfully develop email sequences, send out newsletters and just get started.
- Please provide step-by-step directions in using the menu.
- Please make AC work in Firefox. Tech support could never resolve it for me.
- I have had AC for about a year and have not had a return yet that covers the cost of this product. The learning curve is long and suggest that there be better price points for those starting out that may have an email list from a previous business.
Do you think ActiveCampaign delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with ActiveCampaign's feature set?
Did ActiveCampaign live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of ActiveCampaign go as expected?
Would you buy ActiveCampaign again?