Score 8.5 out of 10
Starting at $9 per month
View Pricing

What is ActiveCampaign?

ActiveCampaign integrates email marketing, marketing automation, sales automation, and CRM software into one platform designed for small businesses.

Well worth it

January 18, 2023
I found it a good all-round tool and is easy to integrate with other systems. We use this to capture information from several lead …

Amazing!

December 10, 2022
I've thoroughly enjoyed using ActiveCampaign. Our company switched from Mailchimp a couple of years back, and we have not looked back. We …

• Email deliverability reporting (661)
  • List management (637)
  • Standard reports (571)
  • Dashboards (584)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of ActiveCampaign, and make your voice heard!

Lite

Per Month [3 Users]

Plus

$49

Per Month [25 Users]

Professional

$129

Per Month [50 Users]

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.activecampaign.com/pricing

Starting price (does not include set up fee)

• $9 per month

Product Demos

Customer Experience Automation Demo
01:44

Features

Email & Online Marketing

Using software to manage lists, send emails, automate email campaigns and track results.

8.6Avg 7.6

Lead Management

The process of tracking and managing prospective customers from lead generation to conversion.

8.8Avg 7.6

Campaign Management

Users can schedule campaigns and/or events with reminders, announcements, etc.

8.6Avg 7.5

Social Media Marketing

Using social media networks to help amplify marketing endeavors.

8.8Avg 7.4

Reporting & Analytics

Users can report on and analyze usage, performance, ROI, and/or other metrics of success.

8.6Avg 7.4

Platform & Infrastructure

Features related to platform-wide settings and structure, such as permissions, languages, integrations, customizations, etc.

8.8Avg 7.4

What is ActiveCampaign?

The vendor states ActiveCampaign's category-defining customer experience automation platform (CXA) helps over 130,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to 500+ pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation and CRM for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat and text. Pricing starts at just $9/month.

By removing the silos that typically exist between email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and account management solutions, businesses can automate truly personalized experiences that feel authentic. The vendor states that over 75% of ActiveCampaign's customers use its 850+ integrations including Microsoft, Shopify, Square, Facebook, and Salesforce.

Additionally, ActiveCampaign offers 500+ pre-built automation templates that make it easy for customers to instantly create and run connected campaigns across all channels, and free customer service, including live chat and phone support, a self-help knowledge base and complementary data migration. Combined with the ActiveCampaign Customer Success Commitment—a set of 14 promises pledging that customers will always be able to get what they need, when they need it—ActiveCampaign aims to deliver value on Day 1 to customers of all sizes.

ActiveCampaign Screenshots

Screenshot of Combine tagging with conditional content to put the right message in front of each customer.Screenshot of Powerful, easy-to-use marketing automationScreenshot of Finely segment your audience based on engagement, purchase activity, lead score, or any other dimension you can think of.Screenshot of Use live chat, site messaging, email, and a unified inbox to build relationships with customers.Screenshot of A simple, intuitive CRM helps your sales reps to get more done in less time

ActiveCampaign Video

ActiveCampaign: Customer Experience Automation Demo

ActiveCampaign Integrations

ActiveCampaign Technical Details

Deployment TypesSoftware as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based
Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android

ActiveCampaign starts at $9.

Mailchimp, HubSpot Marketing Hub, and Klaviyo are common alternatives for ActiveCampaign.

Reviewers rate Email deliverability reporting highest, with a score of 9.3.

The most common users of ActiveCampaign are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees).

Miguel Angel Horta Camacho | TrustRadius Reviewer
When we start using the tool, we have a gap or some issues to make proper sales; we started working with the CRM creating campaigns on different platforms to generate leads; before Activecampaign, we were selling around 15 cars a month; after we implement all the marketing strategies, email, and automation, and start to integrate WhatsApp and other tools into it, now we are selling around 350 - 400 cars a month.
Joseph Arroyo | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is so easy to get subscribers added to a list, and execute automations from the first moment. I am an owner-only business, so it's amazing to be able to design and implement a welcome sequence that has automations built in. Once I design the flow it all happens automatically. I do think that it's a little hard to use, but only because there are so many features. I'm certain I'm only touching the tip of the iceberg of available features. For the price I pay, ActiveCampaign is an absolute steal.
January 18, 2023

Well worth it

I have used many different email marketing tools and this is by far the best. I do not use it for its full potential, as I am sure the CRM tools are easy to manage
December 30, 2022

Good email marketing tool

ActiveCampaign is well suited for a small organization like ours to help us drive our end to end marketing strategy. It is priced right, and with optimum set of features. Both automated drip campaigns and one time email campaigns are good to use making it well rounded. We use it for our Onboarding campaigns for our coaches and students with separate campaigns. It helps me get analytics over a period of time on how these are performing as well
It is best suited for a small to medium sized business that wants a single platform for managing their marketing outreach and their sales efforts. If your business wants to manage a newsletter, communicate periodically with a list of contacts or manage a funnel of leads from the top of the funnel to conversion, then this is great. Basically, you need something more powerful than Mailchimp, but don't want to jump up to Hubspot or Salesforce.
Dr. Christine Sauer MD, ND | TrustRadius Reviewer
For a serious business working in more than one area of business - or wanting to be able to sort customers based on behavior Not so much for a start-up coach that wants to get experience with emailing clients
December 10, 2022

Amazing!

ActiveCampaign is definitely suited for creating word and image-based emails, but probably not an excellent tool for someone who creates only word-based emails. If you're gathering content and links to share with your audience, then ActiveCampaign does a great job at this bit as well! I also believe ActiveCampaign is well-suited for media companies in general.
December 04, 2022

ActiveCampaign Review

ActiveCampaign is useful for improving the customer experience and for customer follow-up, but also for being present throughout the sales process and allowing the company to develop new prospects and leads through this software. ActiveCampaign also allows you to create landing pages to promote a service or a particular product.
I think ActiveCampaign is a strong entry to mid-level marketing automation platform for specific businesses. Those with subscription or e-commerce models. It does all the things you would need from a CRM, well. But falls down in its lack of precision and depth, but this is reflected in its low price point and generalist approach to CRM.
I think ActiveCampaign is very useful for setting up newsletters, forms, and automated responses that are nicely branded, with good functionality. It's also useful if you are starting small and want something both inexpensive to get started but also very scaleable as you grow. Do use the double security because I got a lot of spam through forms, even with a captcha.
[ActiveCampaign] is great for any level of user. I myself am not at all technically inclined and I found it simple to navigate and keep up with changes in my workload. It is a program that grows with you and tracks all that is necessary to keep up with the growth of your own company.

I can't actually think of a scenario where one wouldn't benefit from their services and platform.
ActiveCampaign is ideal for solo traders through to medium-sized enterprises who want control and oversight of all their email communications in one user-friendly platform. I love being able to design quick, effective email campaigns that I trust to go out on time as scheduled, with little to no technical expertise needed. The ability to track how each campaign performs gives me all the data I need to adapt my marketing strategy and test different approaches. It's the one tool in my business that I never question the value of. I have my entire client base at my fingertips.
Mei Tan | TrustRadius Reviewer
For creating landing pages, sending SMS, and having personalized discussions with website visitors, ActiveCampaign is effective. It's beneficial as it allows you to automate chatbots and even control how Facebook ads are shown to your connections. Automations can be started directly from emails you receive from leads.
If you want to set up robust automations that have several dependencies, ActiveCampaign has you covered. You can adjust everything as needed without too much hassle and set up an easy or complicated automation that will do everything that you want it to do. The data you can pull is also great and can help your business make better decisions.
ActiveCampaign is perfect if you intend to use advanced email marketing strategies and use the software as a CRM tool. If you're only looking for an email provider to send emails here and there without a project of segmenting and running automation, then this is probably not the tool for you.
Ellie Busby | TrustRadius Reviewer
ActiveCampaign is great for anyone who wants loads of flexibility for building automations. They really excel at allowing you do build any automation you want.

However, because it's slightly more expensive than some other options for email marketing, if you're sending general newsletters or don't need complicated automations, you could go for a cheaper alternative.
ActiveCampaign suits as well as the pipeline tracking works well with our sales funnel process and allows us to feature our video content directly in the emailers. It was super easy to bring over our data from our old CRM and editing contacts in bulk is seamless.
Sheldon Brow | TrustRadius Reviewer
If you are looking for the quickest bang for your buck for a CRM and email marketing/drip for the limited time you have, this is the quickest, easiest implementation and graduation of understanding on how to use that I have seen.
Patrick Hemus | TrustRadius Reviewer
AC has allowed us to get rid of various pieces of software because of its combined power of email, automation, and CRM. Before we had a separate CRM, then used Zapier to link it up to an email marketing tool. Because of this, we can also see everything that's happening on one dashboard. Makes life so much easier. A specific scenario is trying to organise and communicate to your email list effectively and efficiently. It's hard to say where it's not appropriate in the areas of email and CRM. Maybe for a business with zero budget, you can get an email marketing tool that does automation for free. But It's not sustainable if you plan on growing; the features will dry up quickly.
David Kennett | TrustRadius Reviewer
Very well suited to automated email campaigns that are driven by events, eg a form filled out on the website

Very good for one-off email campaigns/email blasts to your mailing list

Works well in tandem with other systems - lots of integrations available out of the box with systems like Salesforce
August 29, 2022

Simple review

The support was great and I liked the timing feature to release the emails but being able to preview it in various ways is always a nice surprise. Being able to see the workflow for the emails and changing the timing of the release of the campaign is good as well. I would like to be able to find out more info on the emails sent. It seems like whatever I'm trying to do on that screen doesn't work. Yet I always try it and right now can't remember what it is. But I'm always like - dang it. How do I find...

The count of the number of people in the CRM vs how many the email gets sent out to is confusing to me. I don't see any reason why they haven't all entered into the master list to get all the standard emails.