ActiveCampaign

ActiveCampaign Does it All!

April 27, 2022

March 14, 2022

Reviewer Sentiment

Positive ()
Negative ()
Learn how we calculate reviewer sentiment

TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2022
TrustRadius Best of Award, Best Of Relationship 2022
TrustRadius Best of Award, Best Of Value 2022
TrustRadius Best of Award, Best Of Feature Set 2022

Email deliverability reporting (612)

9.2

List management (587)

Dashboards (535)

WYSIWYG email editor (526)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of ActiveCampaign, and make your voice heard!

Lite

Per Month [3 Users]

Plus

$49

Per Month [25 Users]

Professional

$129

Per Month [50 Users]

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.activecampaign.com/pricing

Starting price (does not include set up fee)

• $9 per month

Email & Online Marketing

Lead Management

Campaign Management

Social Media Marketing

Reporting & Analytics

Platform & Infrastructure

What is ActiveCampaign?

The vendor states ActiveCampaign's category-defining customer experience automation platform (CXA) helps over 130,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to 500+ pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation and CRM for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat and text. Pricing starts at just $9/month.

By removing the silos that typically exist between email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and account management solutions, businesses can automate truly personalized experiences that feel authentic. The vendor states that over 75% of ActiveCampaign's customers use its 850+ integrations including Microsoft, Shopify, Square, Facebook, and Salesforce.

Additionally, ActiveCampaign offers 500+ pre-built automation templates that make it easy for customers to instantly create and run connected campaigns across all channels, and free customer service, including live chat and phone support, a self-help knowledge base and complementary data migration. Combined with the ActiveCampaign Customer Success Commitment—a set of 14 promises pledging that customers will always be able to get what they need, when they need it—ActiveCampaign aims to deliver value on Day 1 to customers of all sizes.

ActiveCampaign Screenshots

Combine tagging with conditional content to put the right message in front of each customer.Powerful, easy-to-use marketing automationFinely segment your audience based on engagement, purchase activity, lead score, or any other dimension you can think of.Use live chat, site messaging, email, and a unified inbox to build relationships with customers.A simple, intuitive CRM helps your sales reps to get more done in less time

ActiveCampaign Video

ActiveCampaign: Customer Experience Automation Demo

ActiveCampaign Integrations

ActiveCampaign Competitors

ActiveCampaign Technical Details

Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android

What is ActiveCampaign?

ActiveCampaign integrates email marketing, marketing automation, sales automation, and CRM software into one platform designed for small businesses.

How much does ActiveCampaign cost?

ActiveCampaign starts at $9.

What is ActiveCampaign's best feature?

Reviewers rate Email deliverability reporting highest, with a score of 9.2.

Who uses ActiveCampaign?

The most common users of ActiveCampaign are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Marketing & Advertising industry.

We use ActiveCampaign to send email marketing messages to our followers. Each week we do a live show and the day before we send out reminder emails of the upcoming event and then a final email just before we go live. We also make use of ActiveCampaign to do follow-up funnels for people who subscribe to our list through a lead magnet.
  • Automation & Follow-Up Email Sequences
  • Customer support is easy to get a hold of and walks you through problems on video
  • Manage subscribers with Tags and segments
  • The conditional logic for managing your automations and emails is really good.
  • I have had no issues so far.
ActiveCampaign has a very intuitive automation system. I make use of tags to put subscribers into follow-up sequences and funnels. They do a really good job with that. It's also easy to segment different audiences, though it could be a little clearer on setting it up if you're a new user.
We have used ActiveCampaign for over a year. We use it for customer management and automatic emails. Great functionality and customization. Easy to scale and tailor for large or small data sets. We have only begun using the many features available.
  • automated emails
  • integration with other platforms
  • Onboarding instructions
Anyone looking for a CRM that integrates well with other platforms.
Amy Hayes | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have been using ActiveCampaign for the last year to market my coaching practice through paid traffic to opt-in automations. I love how I able to use automations to not only send email drip campaigns, but also to track which of my subscribers are the most engaged. It really helps me then nurture the warmer leads differently than pure cold traffic, so I can tailor my messaging accordingly. The templates are easy to use, and support has always been extremely responsive and helpful when I had any questions.
  • I can create and send campaigns easily.
  • I can access reports and easily gauge the effectiveness of my marketing efforts.
  • I can see a contacts entire history easily.
  • Sometimes the campaign builder can be a little glitchy.
  • The automations have a bit of a learning curve.
  • You cannot process payments, like you can on some of the other platforms.
I have enjoyed using ActiveCampaign and have no intentions of switching any time soon. It has a learning curve, but I have dedicated myself to learning one feature at a time and there is a great library of resources to help whenever I get stuck. It's been a fantastic platform as a solorpreneur that provides the mix of email marketing and CRM that I was looking for to grow my audience and serve each segment in an automated yet personalized way. Highly recommend!
We use ActiveCampaign in a variety of ways, from campaigns to automations as well as the site and forms. We use the program on an everyday basis and build out campaigns and automations often. The problem the ActiveCampaign addresses is to contact continuously with our contacts. It helps us to soft sell our product and brings news and information to our customers at different times.
  • Increasing ability in automations
  • Ease of use of campaigns
  • Sites are easy to put together
  • Themes can be improved
ActiveCampaign can be used by a variety of people in different industries. It's great for anyone who wants to connect with any consumer, prospect, or leads.
We came to ActiveCampaign from Pardot and we are very happy with the decision. Pardot was pretty expensive. ActiveCampaign offers just as many features and more integrations at a fraction of the cost. The list upload can be a little wonky sometimes and it can run a little slow but I believe they are working on both of these issues. We get monthly updates with new features so it is nice to know they are continually improving the product.
  • Integrations
  • Workflow Recipes/Automations
  • Landing Page Creation
  • List uploads are not as straightforward as they could be
  • Speed/responsiveness of the app
  • Let me create an email without selecting a list first
ActiveCampaign is a cost-effective replacement for Pardot. It's probably best for teams with some technical know-how so that you can get the workflows and integrations working properly. They do have customer support but setup is easier if you already know your way around basic automation and integration setups.
We use ActiveCampaign to build an email list to market our business. We link it to our marketing funnels and Google Ads. We send out marketing emails and newsletters.
  • Good user experience once you learn where everything can be found
  • Good delivery rate
  • Clear stats and contact information
  • Slow to load pages - although this may be my poor internet connection too!
I only have limited experience with this type of software but I did a lot of research before signing up. We are a very small business and it is a great way to keep us organised with email campaigns and sign-ups from the Google Ad Campaigns that we are running. I like that it integrates with the other software that we use, allowing automation to run, and tags to be added. I also like the visual layout for the automations.
ActiveCampaign helps us send the right communication to the right person at the right time. It saves us a lot of time and speeds up the workflow by automating messages and reminder notes to speak to our leads and clients based on where they are in their journey with our company.
  • Email and text automation.
  • Contact list segmentation.
  • Pipeline management.
  • Landing page templates.
  • The mainframe is slow and takes a long time to get some simple tasks done.
For the cost and value and feature-rich program you are getting, I don't think there is anything comparable right now. There are frequent updates each week, lots of training resources, including 1:1, which is very helpful when you are just getting started. The only issue is the software's speed which can drain some productivity.
I started with ActiveCampaign a year and a half ago. I switched from MailChimp. I needed a platform that would help me segment my contacts automatically and improve my sales and customer experience. I also needed a higher level of support than what I was getting from MailChimp. I have been able to build complicated automation sequences, with their help, which has drastically increased my customer engagement and experience. I use ActiveCampaign every single day, and their customer support is stellar.
  • Their customer support is stellar. For example, I accidentally deleted contacts out of one of my sequences. Their chat support made me a video to reenter them into the sequence. It took only minutes.
  • They have hundreds of existing automation "recipes". I was able to get my on-boarding and sales funnels in place within a couple of days of joining ActiveCampaign using their recipes.
  • ActiveCampaign has a help library that deals with many of its specific functions. They keep the pages up-to-date.
  • You can schedule one-on-one calls with their experts anytime you need them. This has allowed me to build an amazing customer experience.
  • They integrate with many of my other software platforms such as VideoAsk and MemberPress.
  • I find their design tools a bit clunky.
  • They don't have chat support on the weekends.
  • I have had a few instances where my open tickets haven't been responded to in a timely manner.
If you want to have sales funnels and customer experiences that react to people's choices, ActiveCampaign is perfect. I'm a small business, and with their support, I've created experiences for my base that are on the level of much bigger businesses. If you only want to send out email campaigns without any interaction, then ActiveCampaign probably has a lot of options that you wouldn't use, and it wouldn't be cost-effective.
Of all of the companies I work with to run my organization, ActiveCampaign has the best customer service. They are engaged, knowledgable, and dedicated. I always learn something that improves my business in the live calls. I feel that they are dedicated to helping my business grow and thrive.
ActiveCampaign allows me to seamlessly track my customer journey experience from start (inquiry) to finish (past client) so I can be organized and quickly communicate and nurture my clients throughout their experience with my company. ActiveCampaign has allowed me to scale my business to a level I would be unable to maintain without its features and integrations: email, text, phone call tracking and website form integration are a few places we commonly utilize ActiveCampaign.
  • Client nurturing
  • Email sequences
  • Organization of clients through different aspects of the business
  • Landing pages are not as user friendly compared to Click Funnels
  • Done for you templates for different categories of client engagement
One-stop shop for client management, engagement, and tracking are excellent!
Robin Waite | TrustRadius Reviewer
I switched to ActiceCampaign a year or so ago to manage my contacts and email marketing. I was originally using two apps (Mailchimp and Insightly) but found switching between the two apps was super clunky and contacts were falling through the gap, especially with my follow-up. We have sub 5,000 contacts and needed a sales pipeline (in ActiveCampaign this is called Deals) which works incredibly smoothly, and also ensures contacts are segmented out into various lists/tags. The Automations in ActiveCampaign are its most powerful feature as this allows you to build out really tailored landing pages and send specific people very specific content.
  • The deals (Sales Pipeline) feature is amazing.
  • The automations are very customisable.
  • Integrating into websites and apps is nice and easy.
  • It's quite pricey.
  • The site can sometimes be quite slow.
  • The dashboard is quite basic.
For managing my sales pipeline the dashboard in ActiveCampaign is fantastic. It's like a Kanban board where you can simply move clients from one step onto the next which automatically tags the prospect and adds or removes them in specific automation. I'd say it's perfect for a small business like mine but wouldn't be suitable if we scaled, and it's quite expensive compared to most CRM platforms available.
Oliver Martin | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use ActiveCampaign for our online marketing automation for both client-side and customer-side funnels. ActiveCampaign integrates wonderfully with our eCommerce platform of choice and makes setting up advanced logic and custom flows super fast and easy without having to code hooks from the API.
  • Marketing Automation
  • Email Designer
  • Customer Support & Feedback
  • Ecommerce Logic and Dynamic Content
  • Integration with fulfillment platforms
  • Contact bot filtering & form builder
ActiveCampaign is awesome in complex automation scenarios. It delivers tools that competitors like Mailchimp and Hubspot cannot match with its integrations with eCommerce. ActiveCampaign is less appropriate for making signup forms due to its lack of support for invisible ReCaptcha v3 meaning each form needs to include the big ReCaptcha box unless you integrate it site-side.
I am using it to generate leads for my lodge. I manage a number of lists. The most important being a destination list for the Drakensberg region. I capture leads using a competition as bait and then trigger an automated email series that starts to nurture the leads. Weekly newsletters for the region are used with a call to action with an offer is currently resulting in 4 bookings a week from the email list. By growing the email list further this number will scale
  • Segmentation.
  • Automated email series.
  • Integration with WordPress and Elementor.
  • Access to sending messages to whatsapp and telegram. There is a feature to send to SMS users in a higher package which I have not tried.
I can't think of a situation where it is not suited. I am very focused on tourism so tend to think of the whole world in those terms.
Amanda McCombs | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use ActiveCampaign to track internal leads through the sales cycle as well as maintain marketing lists based on different business rules.
  • Automations are easy to create and use.
  • Customization of fields is very user friendly and intuitive.
  • ActiveCampaign has a robust integrations list.
  • Customer service is excellent. :)
  • Tasks cannot be automated outside of deals.
  • It can be difficult to understand how automations may interplay.
  • Zapier integration to GoogleSheets double or triple charges the task runs if new contacts come through that are part of automation to add data to custom fields.
ActiveCampaign is great for people who use a lot of platforms in their tech stack. If working inside various platforms is second nature to you, this platform is very user-friendly. I think it is best suited to small businesses, startups, and medium-sized businesses, but the reporting needs at larger scale enterprises may not be met with AC. That being said, their customer service is excellent, even if it is not phone-based.
[ActiveCampaign] is used for communication with our clients, and it is used by the marketing team[.] We design our newsletters and maintain our client list in ActiveCampaign.
  • Email designer
  • Automations
  • Response and site tracking
  • Landing page design
  • Support
  • Advanced search of contacts
  • Performance reports
  • Speed of platform
  • More user friendly navigation like breadcrumbs
[ActiveCampaign] is perfect for regular marketing communication. It is not quite smart if you often need to write personal emails to a certain contact - there the templates are very limited, cannot be designed like the campaign designer. So: perfect for everything that can be [standardized], based on countless automation possibilities, but doesn't quite work for following up a client personally.
  • no training
Live chat would be even better :)
waiting for it to happen.
Capturing email addresses from potential clients, managing mailing lists, automating email sequences, collecting information from leads via a web form ahead of sales calls.
  • Tech support is brilliant, really quick and effective
  • Robust, easy to use, reliable compared to alternative products my colleagues use
  • Info on which level is right and early flag when approaching a need to level up without pressure
  • Can't currently think of any! Will come back to this if I can...
Really helpful feedback statistics to understand which email campaigns are getting engagement/clicks/sales. Can do this at the campaign level or look at engagement from individual clients. Easy for them to unsubscribe. Automations are very straightforward. When I get stuck, tech support makes me video walk-throughs and is really quick to respond.
Dr Olivier Becherel - Leadership and Executive Coaching | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use ActiveCampaign for email marketing, delivering content to our database, and creating lead funnels automation. It allows us to educate our leads, our clients and deliver value in a simple and consistent manner.
  • Simple to use
  • Good value for the price
  • Automation sequences
  • Lead scoring
  • Cannot capture the overall structure of an automation sequence. Would be nice to capture the whole automation sequence as an image file or PDF file to go back to when I want to make amendments.
  • Sometimes the platform is a bit slow to respond.
  • Have more examples of automation sequences of aces studies on how to use automation features with real-life examples of sequence and details of how each step functions. That would help build better automation sequences.
It does the job and it's cost-effective and has a simple user interface compared to other competitors.
Aku Viskari | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use ActiveCampaign to get leads from our website using downloadable content. We then nurture them using email marketing. Nurtured leads are then contacted by sales which we track using ActiveCampaign Deals pipeline. Currently, our email list is under 1,000 contacts but steadily growing. ActiveCampaign suits our needs at this stage.
  • Emails
  • Easy to use CRM
  • Activity tracking
  • Servers are a bit laggy sometimes
ActiveCampaign is very well suited for running marketing and is an easy to use CRM.
We use ActiveCampaign for multiple scopes. We use it to send broadcasts to our lists. We use it to automate processes. We use it to collect data from our contacts. It's one of our most important assets. The crucial thing is to understand how to collect data that make sense for your specific business.
  • Automating Emails Sequences like "welcome emails".
  • Collecting every data for future segmentations.
  • Automating delivery of information.
  • Broadcasting using advanced functions like A/B tests, conditional fields.
  • Big automation gets clunky and slow.
  • Contacts data could be hugely improved (for example understanding how engaged contacts are is not so easy, there's a workaround with automation but it's not immediate).
  • The historical "activities" of a specific user are not so detailed and hard to navigate if you go back in time.
I recommend it for every business that could automate operations with emails. If you just send "normal" emails maybe there are more suitable solutions.
We use ActiveCampaign to keep our current and potential clients organized and ensure their information is updated, as well as sending marketing campagins.
  • Customer Support
  • Customizable actions
  • Keeping contacts well organized
  • Tags seem to randomly malfunction when sending campaigns
ActiveCampaign is great for most of our daily operations, including marketing campaigns and keeping our contacts organized. However, occasionally, there is a small, unpredictable glitch that causes some headache. For example, there was an issue with a marketing campaign that only went to some of the desired contacts for no apparent reason, despite the necessary logic being in place. You have to learn how to predict what tends to go wrong and work around it, which once you know is fine, but it can cause a problem the first time or two it happens.
We switched from another platform a few years ago and mainly use ActiveCampaign for our email marketing. Since then, it has streamlined our efforts and we've seen a positive impact from our community. Because it's so user-friendly and easy to understand, our email marketing has improved greatly and allowed us to automate a ton of communication.
  • Customizable Templates.
  • Easy to Understand Automations.
  • Segmentation for Targeted Marketing.
  • CRM is slightly confusing to understand.
  • Integrations can be hard to connect at times.
  • Every once in a while certain automation won't trigger correctly and it's hard to figure out why.
ActiveCampaign is a great platform if you're looking for user-friendly, easily customizable email marketing. They also have a really great customer service team that will help you with whatever questions or issues you may run into. I've had awesome customer service reps help me any time I need assistance and they are always quick and efficient with their solutions.
Paula Tadzik | TrustRadius Reviewer
I switched to ActiveCampaign when I needed more from my emails. I loved ActiveCampaign as it allowed me to run my business efficiently and also scale and expand to other parts... I love the automations, being able to run different emails to different lists, tag, and keep my business goals clear.
  • Automations
  • Tracking links
  • Allowing easy building of emails
  • UTM tracking in Google
  • Not always easy to use dates and times for automations - could be clearer
  • Adding more touch points for customers on the Lite plan
  • The training modules be centred around the plan you are on
I always recommend ActiveCampaign to my clients and those in my membership group, I understand it well and its intuitive enough to teach to other people. I am able to demo and walk through very easily using my account when I am teaching others. Although, I would like a demo account where I don't have to disclose my business data to those who I teach.
December 31, 2021

Great Platform

Ahkisha Owens | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am absolutely glad that I found this platform for my email campaigns. I use this to schedule my emails and to stay in constant contact with my clients and potential clients. The email campaigns are so easy to set up and get started. Before ActiveCampaign I was not getting out my information on a regular basis and now I can stay top of mind with multiple emails thru out the month without me having to do it. Set it and forget it. The analytics help me stay on top of people who do not want an email or if they click any links in the email. Fantastic platform!
  • Campaigns.
  • Analytics.
  • Forms.
  • Make pages available for everyone.
  • More detailed instruction.
  • Training for improvement.
For me, it is exactly what I was looking for. If you are a person that needs to send emails on a regular basis then this is the platform to use. It probably would not be a good investment if you only send a few emails a month, but you can send single emails.
We use ActiveCampaign as an email response and automation, sales automation, and SMS messaging tool.
  • Customer Service
  • Tech support
  • Sales Automations
  • More User friendly
  • Reduce learning curve
  • More tutorials
We use it in an online-based business that coaches ADHD writers. I think an online-based company would really get a lot of use out of all the features. The sales automation is great and there were no glitches on the day of our campaign launches. It was worth the extra money.
We use ActiveCampaign for all our email automations, email campaigns and even as a CRM in some cases. We needed a solution that could help us build out great looking email templates for our clients and perform complex automations that help make everyone's lives so much easier. Many of our clients have under 2500 contacts which makes ActiveCampaign an extremely affordable option for them.
  • ActiveCampaign is great for creating simple and complex automations easily and for almost any use case you can think of.
  • No code Email template design. ActiveCampaign allows you to quickly create stunning email marketing templates with no code (though I think you also have the option to use code if you want to).
  • ActiveCampaign as CRM may not be the most powerful although when combined with their automations it may well be. But typically we use it in its most basic form and this allows our clients to manage their clients very easily with little interference or even education from us.
  • I use the ecommerce feature for email template design and there's been a bug where I can't change the colours of the shopping block to match a theme. Which is annoying in of itself and is actually quite critical but beyond that it would be nice if they could either fix it quickly or keep me up to date on the progress of the fix.
  • It could be a little bit easier to find pricing online.
  • Support isn't online at all times of the day, which is understandable but definitely would be a nice thing to have.
If I'm being honest, I haven't tried many of ActiveCampaign's competitors so I can't say with certainty that it is clearly the best option. However it very rarely fails to do what I need it to, and the innumerable options it gives me in terms of automations really appeals to my nerdy side.
Charlie Piehler | TrustRadius Reviewer
We need an automated way to reach out to customers and potential customers in their inboxes. Sharing valuable information about why our company can help and why they should talk to us. We've looked at many email marketing providers and ActiveCampaign is robust enough to handle the integrations and automatons we need at a price that is competitively affordable.
  • Email Automation
  • Email Template Drag and Drop Builder
  • Segmenting Email Lists
  • Attaching specific lists to automation campaigns
  • Their drag and drop email template builder is limited. Need to know CSS to make the emails really shine
  • Phone Support would be valuable occasionally
We've looked at many email marketing providers and ActiveCampaign is robust enough to handle the integrations and automatons we need at a price that is competitively affordable. they do a great job with their customer support chat as well to give you the tools you need to implement the email campaigns and automations you're after in a relatively easy amount of time.