Reviews (1-25 of 195)
- Intuitive and clear dashboard. The categories are well divided and easy to use.
- Create automations is great. It takes some time to understand the initial settings, but then it becomes very intuitive and easy. Many many options are available.
- The balance between quality and price is very good. Similar competitors are often more expensive with less options available.
- The interface for creating and designing emails has all the options and functionality. However it could be more user friendly and dynamic, especially in the way it integrates pictures inside the message (which is quite limited).
Great for small business owners and solopreneurs looking for automation but cost can quickly escalate if you want certain features.
- The automation feature is easy to set up and allows me to deliver digital products and important information to new and potential clients.
- The ability to create tags and custom fields on the lowest pricing tier helps me personalize the content I send out which results in better open rates and more sales.
- While the "lite" price tier is powerful and works great for my small business there is a huge increase in cost to access certain features. For example, the ability to create dynamic content is possible on the "lite" tier if you do it manually with tags and custom fields. However, if you want to use the actual dynamic content feature then the cost of jumping from the "lite" tier to the "plus" tier is 5x the cost.
If you need to send different email chains based on different conditions through the use of programmatic if-else conditions, then there is no better option than Activecampiagn. Through the use of tagging, you can run automation campaigns based on tags that you have attached to certain email subscribers.
With tagging, you can also segment your audiences so that you are sending them more tailored content rather than generic content that would result in unsubscribes. I didn't find anything else on the market that was better, so you can do your own research and see if AC is for you.
I was with Mailchimp before ActiveCampaign but MC was very difficult to use with conditionals.
With ActiveCampiagn, it is easy to send an email or not based on pre-existing conditions, which are more advanced than what you get with Mailchimp. If you are not tagging or segmenting your audience, then you are not doing email marketing correctly and you're losing money. The best email marketers know that segmenting, tagging, and providing tailored content is the way to make money with email marketing.
Automations are defined as email chains. If you're not familiar with the terminology or email marketing, it's probably better to study up on email marketing or quit. Because ActiveCampaign will do nothing for you.
GetResponse does Webinars and automations as well. If you're doing webinars, then I'd check them out instead (I haven't used them). Sending reminder emails on webinars is not supported on ActiveCampaign, if you need that. You gotta go with someone else.
I'm also not a fan of webinars. So maybe, I'm not the right person to get an opinion on here.
- Really good segmentation.
- Nice visual to plan your funnels.
- The scaling pricing is fine and fair, not only because the more people you have, the more you get charged, but also because it forces you to have a quality list, not numbers for the sake of numbers.
- Ok, I like Active Campaign, but the email editor is horrendous: zero usability, lots of editing mistakes, lots of difficulties just to put one paragraph after another. Lots to be improved there.
- Our onboarding process was amazing. The account management team is super knowledgeable and was supremely helpful with getting us started. The service is like no other I have ever experienced.
- The tool itself is exceedingly intuitive. It was important to have a tool which was simple yet robust.
- The reporting systems are perfect for what we need and are also easily accessible and understandable. They are delivered and reported in a format which makes it easy to follow.
- I would offer a tutorial for each function as sometimes once you start a function you can't change it along the way. We started "playing" around with the forms only to find out each time we made changes it meant resubmitting it to our site dev.
- Customer Service is exceptional - they always point me in the right direction
- Automations - easy to set up
- Clean - the dashboard isn't cluttered with a bunch of tabs that distract or confuse
- Scheduling - It would be nice if they could combine their features with calendly to set appointments
- Simple to use.
- Multiple automation tools.
- Works with every other online platform I use.
- Audience tracking and segmentation is very useful.
- I cannot immediately see open rates from the main page.
- Some details are deeper in menus and could be a little more obvious.
- The mobile site is difficult to navigate easily.
- Easy to use.
- Great automation options.
- Compatible with everything I need.
- The mobile app could be clearer.
- Open rates and CTR aren't visible on the main page.
- The site on mobile isn't formatted very well.
- Competitive price point.
- Great design flexibility.
- Integrates with lots of other software I use.
- Super robust features make for a steep learning curve.
- Hard to know where to start with so many different features.
Integrations with other software in our tech stack, when used in conjunction with automations and workflows help to save time, create a seamless customer experience and optimise our customer relationships.
- It is easy to set up automations.
- Great contact tracking across interaction points.
- Reporting is clear.
- Easy to see the full relationship with a contact.
- The drag and drop email designer isn't the best looking.
- Could have more elements in the email designer.
Some ways Active Campaign has helped me include adding people to my mailing list, creating automatic followups, email sequences, and weekly communication campaigns. I have used it primarily for email marketing. I can't think of situations where I would not recommend ActiveCampaign over its competitors - it's more cost effective than ConvertKit though perhaps a bit less pretty, and oodles more cost effective than Keap (Infusionsoft).
Occasionally, I receive email marketing from someone and am unable to unsubscribe, and I wish they'd get set up with ActiveCampaign!
When it comes to supporting my community and maintaining email connections, I have trusted ActiveCampaign for more than three years.
- Automation: the setup is simple and straightforward.
- Formatting: again, simplicity rules.
- Delivery: I've never noticed a major deliverability problem.
- Sign up form - I still use a form plugin to dress up the ActiveCampaign form.
- Not as pretty, well-designed or elegant looking as ConvertKit.
- I run into occasional formatting issues when selecting font to make it bold, and the entire line gets wonky. This has been the one consistent glitch over the years.
- Very easy to create templates.
- Vast automation tools.
- New app integrates well with Salesforce Lightning.
- Immediately after renewing our service (twice) our sending servers were switched which created deliverability issues. After considerable back and forth with their deliverability team, we were finally switched to a third server which was better for deliverability.
- Automation sometimes is delayed.
- Salesforce app only works in Lightning.
- Easy to use due to their awesome documentation whenever I need to add new automation for my marketing effort.
- Best in class customer support despite the fact that I was on free trail.
- Provides continuous education to allow me to become better at using it through webinars.
- Static site generators integrations like Hugo & GatsbyJS.
- Better and more variety of email templates for newsletters.
- Finer control in adding tags to hyperlinks for the email.
- The automation is simple to use.
- I can write a letter anytime and have it go out at anytime in the future. This saves me quite a bit of time.
- Because I can time block and do multiple emails at one time to be sent later, I am saving myself hours of going back and forth.
- I would like to see Active Campaign have a mobile version.
- Possibly a reminder feature would be useful to some.
- Automations - this is the primary feature that got us to make the decision for ActiveCampaign.
- Integrations - ActiveCampaign is integrated with almost any service your company will use.
- Analytics - We love how ActiveCampaign allows us to understand so much about our customers and their behavior.
- Price - We think that it's a little higher-priced than some of its competitors. But, we've been more than happy to pay for it anyway!
- Ease of use - We are a highly technical team, so we can use all features of ActiveCampaign with no issues, but a little less tech savvy team would probably face some issues.
- Excellent for complicated user flows, mapping out emails depending on user behaviour. The simple flow chart way of creating automations is very easy for anyone with a logical thought process.
- Fantastic at managing and segmenting large contact bases because you can tag people through automations depending on almost anything you can think of.
- Very strong at deliverability, because it flags when spam warnings are there and gets us over 90% open rates.
- It could have better options for templates and making emails look good on mobile.
- Easy to use/organize automations and campaigns.
- Good analytics.
- Good options for email layout and style depending on the marketing purpose.
- It would be helpful to be able to create a new list after starting a new campaign/automation but currently you have to create the list first and then go back and start the campaign/automation.
- Personalization - Easy to set conditional content based on location, tags, custom fields.
- Contact Management - Easy to organize lists and segments and edit contacts by bulk or individually.
- Email design - User-friendly drag and drop features or the option to add in custom HTML.
- Automations - Able to effectively use automations based on criteria.
- Price - Competitively priced software and get lots of bang for your buck!
- Deliverability - Can be hard to get emails out of the junk folder.
ActiveCampaign Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
The vendor states ActiveCampaign's Customer Experience Automation (CXA) Platform helps over 100,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to hundreds of pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text. Pricing starts at $9 a month.
By removing the silos that typically exist between email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and account management solutions, businesses can automate truly personalized experiences that feel authentic. The vendor states that over 70% of ActiveCampaign's customers use its 300+ integrations including Shopify, Square, Facebook, Eventbrite, Wordpress and Salesforce.
Additionally, ActiveCampaign offers 280+ pre-built automation templates to aim to make it easy to create and run connected campaigns across all channels, and free customer service, including live chat and phone support, a self-help knowledge base and complementary data migration. Combined with the ActiveCampaign Customer Success Commitment; a set of 14 promises pledging that users will always be able to get what they need, when they need it, ActiveCampaign aims to deliver value on Day 1 to customers of all sizes.
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?No
ActiveCampaign Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
ActiveCampaign Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|