Email deliverability reporting (612)
List management (587)
WYSIWYG email editor (526)
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of ActiveCampaign, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Starting price (does not include set up fee)
- $9 per month
The vendor states ActiveCampaign's category-defining customer experience automation platform (CXA) helps over 130,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to 500+ pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation and CRM for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat and text. Pricing starts at just $9/month.
By removing the silos that typically exist between email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and account management solutions, businesses can automate truly personalized experiences that feel authentic. The vendor states that over 75% of ActiveCampaign's customers use its 850+ integrations including Microsoft, Shopify, Square, Facebook, and Salesforce.
Additionally, ActiveCampaign offers 500+ pre-built automation templates that make it easy for customers to instantly create and run connected campaigns across all channels, and free customer service, including live chat and phone support, a self-help knowledge base and complementary data migration. Combined with the ActiveCampaign Customer Success Commitment—a set of 14 promises pledging that customers will always be able to get what they need, when they need it—ActiveCampaign aims to deliver value on Day 1 to customers of all sizes.
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android|
- Automation & Follow-Up Email Sequences
- Customer support is easy to get a hold of and walks you through problems on video
- Manage subscribers with Tags and segments
- The conditional logic for managing your automations and emails is really good.
- I have had no issues so far.
- automated emails
- integration with other platforms
- Onboarding instructions
- I can create and send campaigns easily.
- I can access reports and easily gauge the effectiveness of my marketing efforts.
- I can see a contacts entire history easily.
- Sometimes the campaign builder can be a little glitchy.
- The automations have a bit of a learning curve.
- You cannot process payments, like you can on some of the other platforms.
- Increasing ability in automations
- Ease of use of campaigns
- Sites are easy to put together
- Themes can be improved
- Workflow Recipes/Automations
- Landing Page Creation
- List uploads are not as straightforward as they could be
- Speed/responsiveness of the app
- Let me create an email without selecting a list first
- Good user experience once you learn where everything can be found
- Good delivery rate
- Clear stats and contact information
- Slow to load pages - although this may be my poor internet connection too!
- Email and text automation.
- Contact list segmentation.
- Pipeline management.
- Landing page templates.
- The mainframe is slow and takes a long time to get some simple tasks done.
- Their customer support is stellar. For example, I accidentally deleted contacts out of one of my sequences. Their chat support made me a video to reenter them into the sequence. It took only minutes.
- They have hundreds of existing automation "recipes". I was able to get my on-boarding and sales funnels in place within a couple of days of joining ActiveCampaign using their recipes.
- ActiveCampaign has a help library that deals with many of its specific functions. They keep the pages up-to-date.
- You can schedule one-on-one calls with their experts anytime you need them. This has allowed me to build an amazing customer experience.
- They integrate with many of my other software platforms such as VideoAsk and MemberPress.
- I find their design tools a bit clunky.
- They don't have chat support on the weekends.
- I have had a few instances where my open tickets haven't been responded to in a timely manner.
- Client nurturing
- Email sequences
- Organization of clients through different aspects of the business
- Landing pages are not as user friendly compared to Click Funnels
- Done for you templates for different categories of client engagement
- The deals (Sales Pipeline) feature is amazing.
- The automations are very customisable.
- Integrating into websites and apps is nice and easy.
- It's quite pricey.
- The site can sometimes be quite slow.
- The dashboard is quite basic.
- Marketing Automation
- Email Designer
- Customer Support & Feedback
- Ecommerce Logic and Dynamic Content
- Integration with fulfillment platforms
- Contact bot filtering & form builder
- Automated email series.
- Integration with WordPress and Elementor.
- Access to sending messages to whatsapp and telegram. There is a feature to send to SMS users in a higher package which I have not tried.
- Automations are easy to create and use.
- Customization of fields is very user friendly and intuitive.
- ActiveCampaign has a robust integrations list.
- Customer service is excellent. :)
- Tasks cannot be automated outside of deals.
- It can be difficult to understand how automations may interplay.
- Zapier integration to GoogleSheets double or triple charges the task runs if new contacts come through that are part of automation to add data to custom fields.
- Email designer
- Response and site tracking
- Landing page design
- Advanced search of contacts
- Performance reports
- Speed of platform
- More user friendly navigation like breadcrumbs
- no training
- Tech support is brilliant, really quick and effective
- Robust, easy to use, reliable compared to alternative products my colleagues use
- Info on which level is right and early flag when approaching a need to level up without pressure
- Can't currently think of any! Will come back to this if I can...
- Simple to use
- Good value for the price
- Automation sequences
- Lead scoring
- Cannot capture the overall structure of an automation sequence. Would be nice to capture the whole automation sequence as an image file or PDF file to go back to when I want to make amendments.
- Sometimes the platform is a bit slow to respond.
- Have more examples of automation sequences of aces studies on how to use automation features with real-life examples of sequence and details of how each step functions. That would help build better automation sequences.
- Easy to use CRM
- Activity tracking
- Servers are a bit laggy sometimes
- Automating Emails Sequences like "welcome emails".
- Collecting every data for future segmentations.
- Automating delivery of information.
- Broadcasting using advanced functions like A/B tests, conditional fields.
- Big automation gets clunky and slow.
- Contacts data could be hugely improved (for example understanding how engaged contacts are is not so easy, there's a workaround with automation but it's not immediate).
- The historical "activities" of a specific user are not so detailed and hard to navigate if you go back in time.
- Customer Support
- Customizable actions
- Keeping contacts well organized
- Tags seem to randomly malfunction when sending campaigns
- Customizable Templates.
- Easy to Understand Automations.
- Segmentation for Targeted Marketing.
- CRM is slightly confusing to understand.
- Integrations can be hard to connect at times.
- Every once in a while certain automation won't trigger correctly and it's hard to figure out why.
- Tracking links
- Allowing easy building of emails
- UTM tracking in Google
- Not always easy to use dates and times for automations - could be clearer
- Adding more touch points for customers on the Lite plan
- The training modules be centred around the plan you are on
- Make pages available for everyone.
- More detailed instruction.
- Training for improvement.
- Customer Service
- Tech support
- Sales Automations
- More User friendly
- Reduce learning curve
- More tutorials
- ActiveCampaign is great for creating simple and complex automations easily and for almost any use case you can think of.
- No code Email template design. ActiveCampaign allows you to quickly create stunning email marketing templates with no code (though I think you also have the option to use code if you want to).
- ActiveCampaign as CRM may not be the most powerful although when combined with their automations it may well be. But typically we use it in its most basic form and this allows our clients to manage their clients very easily with little interference or even education from us.
- I use the ecommerce feature for email template design and there's been a bug where I can't change the colours of the shopping block to match a theme. Which is annoying in of itself and is actually quite critical but beyond that it would be nice if they could either fix it quickly or keep me up to date on the progress of the fix.
- It could be a little bit easier to find pricing online.
- Support isn't online at all times of the day, which is understandable but definitely would be a nice thing to have.
- Email Automation
- Email Template Drag and Drop Builder
- Segmenting Email Lists
- Attaching specific lists to automation campaigns
- Their drag and drop email template builder is limited. Need to know CSS to make the emails really shine
- Phone Support would be valuable occasionally