Reviews (1-25 of 234)
I use Active Campaign to run my mailing list and all my promotional & course emails.
ActiveCampaign allows me to trigger personalised, timely emails to my clients without my constant intervention which as a business owner gives me more time to concentrate on growing my business.
As a creative person I love the visual automation builder and the fact that you can trigger different actions/automations based on my customers behaviour.
I also love the fact that [ActiveCampaign] seamlessly integrates with the other software I use.
I only wish that I had moved to ActiveCampaign earlier.
- Affordable and you can easily scale up.
- Very helpful support.
- Automate your marketing!!
- Setting up the automations takes a little more than basic knowhow.
- It took me forever to find the custom forms for lists.
- They send a lot of emails. Lol. They're helpful for the most part....but it's a lot.
- Integration with Wordpress: I have a form integrated with my website to collect leads. Works great and has for years.
- Automated marketing: The visual automation creator is a game changer. It's helped me automate my marketing to new leads.
- I wish there were more detailed reporting options available at the "plus" level.
- It can be hard to find things you're looking for at times. I had a hard time finding the reports recently and had to jump on live chat to find them. Pretty intuitive most of the time but sometimes not so much.
If you're looking for an email marketing platform, I really can't think of anywhere where it's not appropriate. I've used Mailchimp, Vertical Response and others over the years and I'm sticking with ActiveCampaign.
- With ActiveCampaign, I am able to build automated engagement workflows for my clients that are targeted to where they are in my unique client experience. We all want targeted and timely information, and ActiveCampaign makes this easy for me to provide to my customers.
- With ActiveCampaign, I can integrate directly with MemberVault, within which I have built my client portal and all my offers. No double entering information or having to set up a third-party integration to zap my data from MemberVault to ActiveCampaign.
- With ActiveCampaign's scoring abilities, it was very easy to extend the gamification within my client portal to things my clients do outside of the client portal. Not only can I reward clients for completing modules and lessons, but I can also reward them for reading emails and checking out my social media sites.
- Every time I am creating a workflow, there comes a time when I will copy an action or set of actions and the system will give me the spinning wheel of death--until I refresh the screen. This is disruptive and happens so often that I see it as a part of using ActiveCampaign. That is not good, and if another system could do what ActiveCampaign does without this issue, I would leave ActiveCampaign. That is how frustrating this time suck is.
- I wish that there were a way to input a field as text into another field so that whenever one field is updated, another field's data changes accordingly. For instance, if a client books an appointment with me for Monday and I want ActiveCampaign to input that date plus two days in another field.
- I wish there was a way to make sales pages and forms pretty. These are so boxy and clunky and there is no modernization to draw the eye.
- Active Campaign is great for managing automatic emails
- Active Campaign is well built for tag management
- Active Campaign does not duplicate the number of users if they are subscribed to more than one list, avoiding the increase of costs as happens with other suppliers
- Providing the landing page function in a reduced form also in the lite plan would be an interesting plus
- Providing the Custom audience function on Facebook also in the lite plan would be an interesting plus
- Integrating a webinar feature could be an interesting plus
- The pipeline area is great for organizing leads and sales for a small team of salespeople, and it's great that it's integrated easily inside the CRM
- Creating automated email sequences that also trigger the contact being added to Facebook audiences helps consistent communication reach leads across various platforms.
- The email editor itself is a bit clunky, for example sometimes the font sizes don't match.
- It's challenging to edit deals in bulk in the sales pipeline.
- I love that I can easily segment my list so that I'm only sending certain emails to certain people (and not spamming the rest).
- I absolutely love the automation capabilities because I know that when anyone joins my list they will have a great similar experience and I don't have to worry about them not receiving an important email.
- Being able to duplicate past campaigns and create templates is a huge time saver for me and my VA.
- I'm not really sure how to fix this, but I swear I'm not even using it to its full capacity because I would need to take the time to search through the trainings and watch them.
- It might just be my computer but I often have really slow loading speeds when using it.
- I love how easy it is to create automated campaigns
- The dashboard has all the handy info in one place and navigation to more detail is clear.
- I've found support to be fairly easy to access.
- I wish YouTube videos could be embedded in the text of emails.
- I wish anchors to a particular part of a webpage could be included in links.
- Automations are incredibly powerful to deliver evergreen funnels
- Segmenting is super simple with if/then logic
- Deliverability is outstanding
- The image upload area is ordered alphabetically; it'd be nice for it to be ordered by "recent" uploads instead
I really love the tagging feature. Right now I'm working with a client for a series of live events. I'm using the tagging feature to create separate automations to go out and send people follow ups after each event. So, I can set up the automations when they register, auto-tag each sign up, then remind people of the event at distinct times and follow up to get feedback to quickly improve for the next week. All on autopilot! I'm looking like a rockstar lately.
The support is really good. They answer any question and have helped me figure out some cool solutions to make my life way easier.
- Robust email automation
- Great visual editors for both campaigns and automation chains
- Patient, knowledgeable staff
- I feel that ActiveCampaign can get a bit laggy, not as snappy as I would like
- Sometimes the support queue can get very long
- ActiveCampaign is robust against spam contacts; since we switched from Infusionsoft our spam-bot problem disappeared overnight.
- ActiveCampaign is comparatively easy to use and set up; it's more intuitive and visual than Infusionsoft.
- The customer support is bang on, the agents (shout out to Logan!) are really great at teaching you how to use the software and understanding how it works so that you're empowered to do it yourself.
- A migration service from other software platforms would be great. I had to rebuild my automations from scratch which took me a long time to fit into my already hectic schedule.
It seems to be better built in terms of integrity, so far we haven't bombarded by spam bots with this software, which was a problem we had with IS.
It's also just easier to use and more visual when you're building automations to handle your lead nurture, you'll save time by having your well-thought out and easy to build automation sequences to take the mental load out of remembering to send emails and follow-ups, this will do it for you and you can also include reminders for more human interactions like reminders to call a lead and what stage they are at.
- The dashboard is user-friendly, so it was easy set up and learn.
- ActiveCampaign reporting is easy to understand at a quick glance. I can easily find what I need to know about an existing campaign or client.
- The cost compared to other options I researched was far better and well worth it!
- Email automations
- Email campaigns
- Contact tagging
- Form building
- I wish that I could use my own IP and a third party tool like SendGrid to manage deliverability
- Some of the contact search capabilities are lacking
- Ability to add additional users for a small fee would be preferable to needing to upgrade for a substantial monthly additional fee
- Building email automations that are sent after a purchase has been wonderful and it has been a fairly easy thing to learn how to set up these automations.
- Being able to use filters in email automations has also been great. Sometimes I have email content that I only want to send to people who either have or have not done something previously (e.g. have purchased something or not, clicked a certain link or not). ActiveCampaign makes this easy to do.
- I also like the ability to easily tag subscribers with additional information on opt-in forms, e.g. which lead magnet they opted in for.
- There may be a learning curve in learning to use all the great functions of ActiveCampaign. So for a non-techy type of person it may take a bit time to familiarize with the functions.
- Easy to create email campaigns.
- Able to create detailed automations.
- Customer service is available to help.
- Sales for new customers: My entry into using AC was super lame and I reported the salesperson for over-selling me without my knowledge or understanding.
- Automations can be difficult to execute without hassles.
- My team couldn't figure out how to send a re-engagement campaign. That should be more obvious.
- Smooth/professional looking communications.
- Good templates = plug & play.
- Good support & training modules.
- A bit higher price point than competitors.
- Drag & drop features within email composition can rarely be a bit clunky.
- Sometimes experience a font resizing issue in the signature line.
- Email Marketing
- Drip Campaigns
- Sending limits penalises companies that send frequent emails by forcing them to upgrade to a higher subscribers tier.
- Account manager non-responsive and difficult to get hold of.
- No transactional email functionality.
- Email automation
- Segregating lists
- Connecting it via Zapier to our website, etc.
- More email design templates.
- Loading and selecting images for email templates can take a little while.
- Some real stories of people using the product for medium and small size businesses.
- I would like to see how creative industries like music use Active Campaign.
ActiveCampaign Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is ActiveCampaign?
The vendor states ActiveCampaign's Customer Experience Automation (CXA) platform helps over 130,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to hundreds of pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text. Pricing starts at $9 a month.
By removing the silos that typically exist between email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and account management solutions, businesses can automate truly personalized experiences that feel authentic. The vendor states that over 70% of ActiveCampaign's customers use its 300+ integrations including Shopify, Square, Facebook, and Salesforce.
Additionally, ActiveCampaign offers 500+ pre-built automation templates that make it easy for customers to instantly create and run connected campaigns across all channels, and free customer service, including live chat and phone support, a self-help knowledge base and complementary data migration. Combined with the ActiveCampaign Customer Success Commitment—a set of 14 promises pledging that customers will always be able to get what they need, when they need it—ActiveCampaign aims to deliver value on Day 1 to customers of all sizes.
Starting Price: $9
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?No
|Lite||$9.00||Per Month [3 Users]|
|Plus||$49||Per Month [25 Users]|
|Professional||$129||Per Month [50 Users]|
|Enterprise||$229||Per Month [Unlimited Users]|
ActiveCampaign Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
ActiveCampaign Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|