ActiveCampaign Reviews

February 05, 2021
Renan Kabariti | TrustRadius Reviewer
I've been so far very impressed with ActiveCampaign. Been a Mailchimp user before, I miss a little bit the friendliness, cuteness and more humanized and intuitive experience. On the other hand, my company gained a robust professional tool with super powerful unlimited automation capabilities and an excelent and responsive support team. If you're ready to take the next step in professionalizing your companies email marketing and marketing automation, just get on this train!
  • Mail Marketing
  • Marketing Automation
  • CRM
  • Not 100% friendly
  • Contact search limitations
  • Lack of visual reports
I love how robust and reliable this platform is. The automation capabilities are endless. It's not as friendly and easy as I was used in Mailchimp. It lacks a little bit on UX. I was able to mass email my customer and leads, welcome new customers and do all sorts of tagging and segmenting in my email base
Great support. They did a series of onboarding calls, sent me extensive help content, videos, tutorials, examples, best practices. When I had some issues, the email support answered very quickly. I am deeply satisfied with their support
Read Renan Kabariti's full review
January 27, 2021
Greg Howard | TrustRadius Reviewer

I use Active Campaign to run my mailing list and all my promotional & course emails.

ActiveCampaign allows me to trigger personalised, timely emails to my clients without my constant intervention which as a business owner gives me more time to concentrate on growing my business.

As a creative person I love the visual automation builder and the fact that you can trigger different actions/automations based on my customers behaviour.

I also love the fact that [ActiveCampaign] seamlessly integrates with the other software I use.

• Visual Automations Builder - This helps you see clearly how your automations will work
  • Deep WooCommerce Integration: Means I can trigger/schedule emails to customers who have purchased certain products
  • Can be slow to load
  • Can be pricey depending on what you need to do
If you are a small to medium sized business looking for a way to manage all your leads or existing customer communications and are looking for a program that integrates with your existing software and does all this well then look no further.

I only wish that I had moved to ActiveCampaign earlier.
Excellent!!!
Read Greg Howard's full review
January 13, 2021
Chesare Johnson | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use ActiveCampaign to automate my marketing. I've set up funnels for all of my products, and as people join my various lists, they go through the automation process. I literally only had to set up and now I just check on it from time to time, make some tweaks here and there and let it go. It's the closest thing you can come to truly automating your market. I also use it with Zapier. That is another feature that I enjoy. I am able to integrate other things that I use into ActiveCampaign. I have the lowest membership available, and I already feel like I have more than what I need. I enjoy the option to upgrade my account as I get more subscribers. I believe the pricing is fair and I have no complaints about it. It's an investment, but if you aren't able to invest in your business, then don't expect to get very far. The customer service is friendly and helpful. I had to ask for help with one of my automations and the chat rep answered my question in less than 2 minutes. Great company. Great product.
  • Affordable and you can easily scale up.
  • Very helpful support.
  • Automate your marketing!!
  • Setting up the automations takes a little more than basic knowhow.
  • It took me forever to find the custom forms for lists.
  • They send a lot of emails. Lol. They're helpful for the most part....but it's a lot.
If you are wanting to use a lead magnet to capture emails for specific lists, and then send those lists into an automated funnel, then ActiveCampaign is the email platform that you want to use. While I'm sure the other features are great, all I needed was something that could do this for me and ActiveCampaign more than met my needs.
This might be the best part. The chat support lady offered to make a video to help me solve my problem. I worked in customer service for years and I've never done that, lol. So, if they're offering things like that, I can only imagine that they'd be able to handle most any issue you throw at them.
Read Chesare Johnson's full review
Jim Harshaw Jr | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am the owner of a sole proprietorship. I use ActiveCampaign for email marketing and marketing automation. I use it for lead collection both on my website as well as integrated with a sales funnel software called ClickFunnels.
  • Integration with Wordpress: I have a form integrated with my website to collect leads. Works great and has for years.
  • Integration with ClickFunnels: I have Active Campaign integrated with ClickFunnels. I use it for website pop-ups as well as other lead gen purposes.
  • Automated marketing: The visual automation creator is a game changer. It's helped me automate my marketing to new leads.
  • I wish there were more detailed reporting options available at the "plus" level.
  • It can be hard to find things you're looking for at times. I had a hard time finding the reports recently and had to jump on live chat to find them. Pretty intuitive most of the time but sometimes not so much.
Very suitable for online lead generation and marketing automation. I don't use the CRM feature but that's also available.
If you're looking for an email marketing platform, I really can't think of anywhere where it's not appropriate. I've used Mailchimp, Vertical Response and others over the years and I'm sticking with ActiveCampaign.
Responsive. Great people as support agents. They often send little videos to demonstrate how to do things.
Read Jim Harshaw Jr's full review
February 25, 2021
Ebony Ashley | TrustRadius Reviewer
ActiveCampaign is being used across my entire organization. ActiveCampaign connects seamlessly to my client portal through a direct MemberVault integration. I use it for CRM, email marketing, form building, sales pages, gamification, and more! What I value the most about ActiveCampaign is its scalability. If I can think it up, I can build it in ActiveCampaign, and that is huge to me as a business owner.
  • With ActiveCampaign, I am able to build automated engagement workflows for my clients that are targeted to where they are in my unique client experience. We all want targeted and timely information, and ActiveCampaign makes this easy for me to provide to my customers.
  • With ActiveCampaign, I can integrate directly with MemberVault, within which I have built my client portal and all my offers. No double entering information or having to set up a third-party integration to zap my data from MemberVault to ActiveCampaign.
  • With ActiveCampaign's scoring abilities, it was very easy to extend the gamification within my client portal to things my clients do outside of the client portal. Not only can I reward clients for completing modules and lessons, but I can also reward them for reading emails and checking out my social media sites.
  • Every time I am creating a workflow, there comes a time when I will copy an action or set of actions and the system will give me the spinning wheel of death--until I refresh the screen. This is disruptive and happens so often that I see it as a part of using ActiveCampaign. That is not good, and if another system could do what ActiveCampaign does without this issue, I would leave ActiveCampaign. That is how frustrating this time suck is.
  • I wish that there were a way to input a field as text into another field so that whenever one field is updated, another field's data changes accordingly. For instance, if a client books an appointment with me for Monday and I want ActiveCampaign to input that date plus two days in another field.
  • I wish there was a way to make sales pages and forms pretty. These are so boxy and clunky and there is no modernization to draw the eye.
Someone or some businesses wanting their email marketing system to do the most if asked to, wants ActiveCampaign and will see value in the time it takes to set it up. Others who want their email marketing system to be simple, offer well-designed emails and sales funnel pages, and low in tech intensity will hate ActiveCampaign.
I have never needed to reach out to support for ActiveCampaign, so I cannot rate their direct support. What I can speak to is their indirect support. I haven't had to call because their online support resources have answered my questions every time. I like that, after years of working with them, the system has been reliable for me.
Read Ebony Ashley's full review
February 17, 2021
sarah rosten | TrustRadius Reviewer
We started using ActiveCampaign from a recommendation, as we were building another platform. We had been using another CRM and found the tags and automations so effective for us to manage our mailing list and to have regular contact with engaged users.
  • Tags
  • Automations
  • Campaign options
  • The speed of loading and moving between automations is slow
It works to send monthly/weekly information to our mailing list and to manage people and the content they get.
I attended a few workshops when I first started using it. I have also been able to reach out to consultants who use it in the Facebook community for questions.
Read sarah rosten's full review
February 12, 2021
Simone Mabellini | TrustRadius Reviewer
I personally use Active Campaign practically every day for the construction of automatic responders, e-mail sequences and for sending the company newsletter. Active Campaign is built to be very intuitive and easy to use. Over time I have also used other systems and I must say that Active Campaign is the one that has satisfied me the most of all, also in terms of the relationship between price and product quality.
  • Active Campaign is great for managing automatic emails
  • Active Campaign is well built for tag management
  • Active Campaign does not duplicate the number of users if they are subscribed to more than one list, avoiding the increase of costs as happens with other suppliers
  • Providing the landing page function in a reduced form also in the lite plan would be an interesting plus
  • Providing the Custom audience function on Facebook also in the lite plan would be an interesting plus
  • Integrating a webinar feature could be an interesting plus
Active Campaign is so simple that it is also suitable for inexperienced users and for those approaching the world of mail marketing for the first time. Ease of use is one of the reasons why I recommend it gladly.
All the processes in Active Campaign are so intuitive that I didn't need to ask for assistance at the moment, so I give a very good grade, "what is well done reduces the need to ask for assistance" seems to be the motto of Active Campaign.
Read Simone Mabellini's full review
James Crook ☛ Business Coach for Massage Therapists ☚ | TrustRadius Reviewer
I help run a small coaching business and ActiveCampaign is used as our CRM for marketing and sales. It keeps information centralized for our leads, and we send out regular email communications and connect with Facebook audiences for automated marketing.
  • Connects with a variety of other marketing platforms like ClickFunnels, Elementor (WordPress editor), and Facebook Ads
  • The pipeline area is great for organizing leads and sales for a small team of salespeople, and it's great that it's integrated easily inside the CRM
  • Creating automated email sequences that also trigger the contact being added to Facebook audiences helps consistent communication reach leads across various platforms.
  • The email editor itself is a bit clunky, for example sometimes the font sizes don't match.
  • It's challenging to edit deals in bulk in the sales pipeline.
If you run a small business and want to do online marketing and create an email list
Online chat support is quick and easy, and email support is often very helpful.
Read James Crook ☛ Business Coach for Massage Therapists ☚'s full review
Erika Tebbens | TrustRadius Reviewer
I'm a small business owner and use AC for my email marketing and funnels. My VA also helps me set up automation funnels and forms and AC makes it so simple. I've been using ActiveCampaign for a couple of years now and I've never had any issues. I always recommend it to my clients as well.
  • I love that I can easily segment my list so that I'm only sending certain emails to certain people (and not spamming the rest).
  • I absolutely love the automation capabilities because I know that when anyone joins my list they will have a great similar experience and I don't have to worry about them not receiving an important email.
  • Being able to duplicate past campaigns and create templates is a huge time saver for me and my VA.
  • I'm not really sure how to fix this, but I swear I'm not even using it to its full capacity because I would need to take the time to search through the trainings and watch them.
  • It might just be my computer but I often have really slow loading speeds when using it.
If you're a busy small business owner who wants to build and grow your list and easily connect with them, then AC is great! If you are solely relying on social media and aren't moving people over to an email list, then it's probably not the best fit. However, I don't suggest that as a strategy! Better to move people to a list just in case.
I believe I only had to use support once and it was helpful and relatively quick.
Read Erika Tebbens's full review
Paul Boehnke | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use ActiveCampaign as my email platform to stay in touch with customers. I'm a solopreneur and this helps me communicate with my audience efficiently.
  • I love how easy it is to create automated campaigns
  • The dashboard has all the handy info in one place and navigation to more detail is clear.
  • I've found support to be fairly easy to access.
  • I wish YouTube videos could be embedded in the text of emails.
  • I wish anchors to a particular part of a webpage could be included in links.
I don't really have an answer for this.
Generally easy to access, relatively quick response, accuracy of response is good.
Read Paul Boehnke's full review
March 04, 2021
Colleen Gallagher | TrustRadius Reviewer
My whole organization uses it. We see what keywords people open our emails with to make our podcast episodes. We see what social media platform people use from us the most. It allows us to connect with our customers.
  • Providing analytics on emails
  • Customer support
  • Creating great email guidelines
  • The templates being used and saving our brand colors and fonts.
Any business wanting to communicate with clients via email and create customer journeys through email is the best platform.
Read Colleen Gallagher's full review
October 30, 2020
Kati Kiefer | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use ActiveCampaign for all our marketing needs to communicate with customers and automate funnels. The interface is easy to navigate because it's intuitive. The steps to begin automations and segment customers so that they only see what is most relevant is awesome because it makes it easy to customize (and personalize) each customer's experience. Ever wanted to make a real evergreen funnel? With ActiveCampaign you can choose to tell your customers that the sale will end in two days and include the day and date so it actually looks authentic. Plus, when connected to Deadline Funnel, it is authentic because that sale will never be seen again (by that person). I honestly just had my mom switch from Mailchimp to ActiveCampaign a couple months ago because she kept mentioning features that weren't available on MailChimp. ActiveCampaign is an incredible platform with outstanding features. Oh, and the support is excellent also.
  • Automations are incredibly powerful to deliver evergreen funnels
  • Segmenting is super simple with if/then logic
  • Deliverability is outstanding
  • The image upload area is ordered alphabetically; it'd be nice for it to be ordered by "recent" uploads instead
ActiveCampaign is perfect for digital marketers and bloggers. You can use as many lists and tags as you need because you'll never get double charged by having contacts on multiple lists.
Any time I've reached out to support they've been extremely helpful. I've used the chat feature (when something was urgent) and email support (when the problem could wait). Every time they understood what issue I was having and how to fix it quickly. A++
Read Kati Kiefer's full review
October 30, 2020
Nick Papps | TrustRadius Reviewer
ActiveCampaign is by far the most functional "email autoresponder" out there that I've tried. I use the quotes because it does so much more than just deal with simple email list campaigns.

I really love the tagging feature. Right now I'm working with a client for a series of live events. I'm using the tagging feature to create separate automations to go out and send people follow ups after each event. So, I can set up the automations when they register, auto-tag each sign up, then remind people of the event at distinct times and follow up to get feedback to quickly improve for the next week. All on autopilot! I'm looking like a rockstar lately.

The support is really good. They answer any question and have helped me figure out some cool solutions to make my life way easier.
  • Robust email automation
  • Great visual editors for both campaigns and automation chains
  • Patient, knowledgeable staff
  • I feel that ActiveCampaign can get a bit laggy, not as snappy as I would like
  • Sometimes the support queue can get very long
Compared to other options out there, this is by far the best that I've seen. I do feel it's expensive compared to the competition.
Support is great. I wish my price tier had phone support; the chat queue can be quite long.
Read Nick Papps's full review
October 16, 2020
Arlene Caffrey | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use ActiveCampaign in our administration and marketing departments. ActiveCampaign handles our lead capture, with webforms that sit on our website, and lead management / nurture, by allowing us to see where our leads are in our pipeline and to communicate with them applicable to the stage that they are currently at; for example, the way we communicate to someone who is making contact for the first time and someone who has already been chatting to us multiple times is quite different (like human interaction right?). ActiveCampaign is perfect for this and takes the emotional load out of having to remember how many times we've contacted someone, it's right there in front of us and we can make notes at every step of the way. The software also handles our client management and communications, again by allowing us to see clearly how long someone has been a client and how much feedback we're getting from them. We also use it for basic marketing such as handling our email newsletters.
  • ActiveCampaign is robust against spam contacts; since we switched from Infusionsoft our spam-bot problem disappeared overnight.
  • ActiveCampaign is comparatively easy to use and set up; it's more intuitive and visual than Infusionsoft.
  • The customer support is bang on, the agents (shout out to Logan!) are really great at teaching you how to use the software and understanding how it works so that you're empowered to do it yourself.
  • A migration service from other software platforms would be great. I had to rebuild my automations from scratch which took me a long time to fit into my already hectic schedule.
ActiveCampaign is great if you're looking for a less costly alternative to Infusionsoft (no offence to Infusionsoft, it's great but definitely not priced appropriately), I feel that AC is priced appropriately to the market and is also more robust.

It seems to be better built in terms of integrity, so far we haven't bombarded by spam bots with this software, which was a problem we had with IS.

It's also just easier to use and more visual when you're building automations to handle your lead nurture, you'll save time by having your well-thought out and easy to build automation sequences to take the mental load out of remembering to send emails and follow-ups, this will do it for you and you can also include reminders for more human interactions like reminders to call a lead and what stage they are at.
The team are quick at responding, the support agents are really good at teaching you how to use the software in a way that makes sense and empowers you.
Read Arlene Caffrey's full review
Tanisha Lemelle | TrustRadius Reviewer
ActiveCampaign is used to automate my followup process with prospective clients and through the proposal process. It helps make sure things don't fall through the cracks and prospects don't get lost. ActiveCampaign saves me time and energy, plus I know current and prospective clients are being nurtured through my email campaign without me having to send out a ton of individual emails (or even think about it).
  • The dashboard is user-friendly, so it was easy set up and learn.
  • ActiveCampaign reporting is easy to understand at a quick glance. I can easily find what I need to know about an existing campaign or client.
  • The cost compared to other options I researched was far better and well worth it!
Easy set up, easy to use, and reasonably priced. Great for small-business owners needing to automate their lead-nurturing or follow-up process.
I've not contacted support.
Read Tanisha Lemelle's full review
Serge Waseh | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use ActiveCampaign for many purposes to send out newsletters, to recover abandoned carts, and to stay in contact with our email lists. It helps us to nurture the relationship with our customers and potential customers.
  • Auto Responder
  • Recover abandoned carts
  • Lead Generation
  • SMS not included as core feature
  • Ease to use
  • Landing Pages
ActiveCampaign is been great in helping us recover abandoned carts as we are able to follow up with customers that don't complete the purchase on our website. This has given us a 2-3% uplift in sales.
I have only had to use their support service once so far as everything works fine but when I did the response was fast and everything got sorted out
Read Serge Waseh's full review
February 08, 2021
We use ActiveCampaign to run all of our email marketing campaigns as well as our email automations. [ActiveCampaign] is a great platform, as it allows you to easily manage all of your email needs in one place. The automation capabilities are robust and also quite easy to learn and to use. For more standard email campaigns such as weekly newsletters, [ActiveCampaign] also does a good job and provides you with usable stats to track email performance.
  • Email automations
  • Email campaigns
  • Contact tagging
  • Form building
  • I wish that I could use my own IP and a third party tool like SendGrid to manage deliverability
  • Some of the contact search capabilities are lacking
  • Ability to add additional users for a small fee would be preferable to needing to upgrade for a substantial monthly additional fee
[ActiveCampaign] is well suited for companies that need a really robust email automation tool that's easy to setup and use. It's great if you're running webinar funnels or other funnels where there are multiple different places for contacts to "fall out" and you rely on email marketing to get those contacts to re-enter the funnel in the right place. Th automation tools in [ActiveCampaign] make it easy to pinpoint exactly where a contact has left the funnel and intelligently push them back to where they left from.
The support is always relatively quick, though the response time could certainly be improved. Expect a response time of around 10-20 minutes. This can also be a bit frustrating when they close a ticket after you've waited in queue for a long time, simply because you missed the agent's response. Additionally, the support team seems to have relatively limited knowledge and problem solving capabilities. The account reps are much more knowledgable and helpful.
December 17, 2020
We use ActiveCampaign to automate our email opt-in sheet for our free ebook; We originally got it due to GDPR features that other SAAS were not offering and loved how quick one can automate funnels so we kept it, use it today and keep referring people to this software.
  • Automation
  • Integrations
  • GDPR Compliant
  • Sometimes images and/or text are difficult to format
  • I don’t believe they have phone support
[ActiveCampaign is] a software that can modify landing pages and provide data real time, the automation process is the main reason why we use it today. For GDPR it’s important to have the steps set up properly including check box and double opt-in which ActiveCampaign provides plus a lot more.
The chat is great and it’s pretty fast, I personally would like a phone agent at times to facilitate the process yet that’s just my preference; Again, the chat agents are quick, effective and do the actual work that support agents are hired to do. I’m happy with my subscription.
October 16, 2020
I use ActiveCampaign for sending weekly emails for my email list and automating online course delivery. I am building my email list with the help of ActiveCampaign and staying in contact with potential customers and with people who have already purchased something from me (either services or digital products, like online courses).
  • Building email automations that are sent after a purchase has been wonderful and it has been a fairly easy thing to learn how to set up these automations.
  • Being able to use filters in email automations has also been great. Sometimes I have email content that I only want to send to people who either have or have not done something previously (e.g. have purchased something or not, clicked a certain link or not). ActiveCampaign makes this easy to do.
  • I also like the ability to easily tag subscribers with additional information on opt-in forms, e.g. which lead magnet they opted in for.
  • There may be a learning curve in learning to use all the great functions of ActiveCampaign. So for a non-techy type of person it may take a bit time to familiarize with the functions.
I can't really think of examples where I would consider it to be less appropriate, especially because I think most of the businesses and solopreneurs should use email marketing, and I consider ActiveCampaign to be a great choice for that. Some scenarios where ActiveCampaign is well suited, in my opinion, are for example service providers who want a simple way to organize email leads (tagging is great) and build connection and trust with them, warm them up for the purchase decision if they aren't ready immediately. And to keep in contact with people who have shown interest in their services or products.
Whenever I have had a question to ask I have either been able to find the solution from the Help section inside my account or by contacting customer support. I have been satisfied with the help I have gotten. All my questions so far have been answered in a friendly and helpful manner.
January 30, 2021
We use it to generate leads and communicate with our list. I know there's so much more it can do and we're working towards being able to use it in more advanced and sophisticated ways. We use it across the whole organization. Business problems it addresses: nurturing our list and audience members.
  • Easy to create email campaigns.
  • Able to create detailed automations.
  • Customer service is available to help.
  • Sales for new customers: My entry into using AC was super lame and I reported the salesperson for over-selling me without my knowledge or understanding.
  • Automations can be difficult to execute without hassles.
  • My team couldn't figure out how to send a re-engagement campaign. That should be more obvious.
I only know my own experience coming from a really HORRIBLE experience with Infusionsoft. But I was oversold initially and AC isn't cheap so that was super lame. It could be more user-friendly for newer businesses and entrepreneurs. But I think it's best suited for people who are really committed to growing their biz and have email lists of 5K or larger.
The support is there but they often can't help us solve problems in a simple or timely manner and it's frustrating.
November 17, 2020
I use this to maintain an email list, send out weekly automations, send out campaigns and to monitor activity.
  • Very user friendly and easy to use.
  • It looks professional.
  • The support is great!
  • Some more customization would be nice.
  • It's hard to insert images at times.
  • The videos show up dark.
I have already recommended it to friends who are starting to build an email list and talk to their audiences. It doesn't always link well with my Squarespace website, so that's one area where it needs improvement.
Great so far, and very responsive.
August 31, 2020
Ann Korb | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use ActiveCampaign throughout our whole business. As we are a small firm, everyone involved uses ActiveCampaign between departments. We use it to simplify newsletter subscriptions and for marketing purposes, as we send out individualized marketing to our customers and other interested groups. We also use it to track engagement.
  • Well structured automations
  • Easy to understand interface
  • A lot of options, even in the free version.
  • Problems with deliverability.
  • Premium prices are quite high.
  • Tracking can be complicated.
For small businesses and self-employed customers who want easy solutions to advertise their business via newsletter emails. If you are a coach, it will be perfect, as prices are affordable, it gives you lots of options and is easy to understand for inexperienced sellers. ActiveCampaign will help you find the best marketing strategy for your business.
Read Ann Korb's full review
August 31, 2020
Scott Samels | TrustRadius Reviewer
Using ActiveCampaign to stay in touch with our entire customer/client-base. It helps us stay in touch with them and affords us a very professional & smooth communication medium via which to do so. If we launch a new product or wish to keep tabs on how a recent rollout went, ActiveCampaign gives us a very quick & easy way to reach out.
  • Smooth/professional looking communications.
  • Good templates = plug & play.
  • Good support & training modules.
  • A bit higher price point than competitors.
  • Drag & drop features within email composition can rarely be a bit clunky.
  • Sometimes experience a font resizing issue in the signature line.
ActiveCampaign provides our organization with a really tremendous communication method that helps us provide targeted correspondence to our customers. The level of professionalism does not go unnoticed by our valued clients who've expressed their appreciation of our newsletter that stands out from our competition. When you need to get the word out quickly about a new product, ActiveCampaign stands head & shoulders above the competition in our experience.
Read Scott Samels's full review
August 29, 2020
Herschel Berkowitz | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use ActiveCampaign as our primary email marketing platform and CRM tool. We use ActiveCampaign extensively for lead generation campaigns, subscriber segmentation and automations. ActiveCampaign makes all of these tasks a breeze without the need for any complex integration or coding.
  • Email Marketing
  • Drip Campaigns
  • Segmentation
  • Sending limits penalises companies that send frequent emails by forcing them to upgrade to a higher subscribers tier.
  • Account manager non-responsive and difficult to get hold of.
  • No transactional email functionality.
Great for email marketing and automations. Automations very easy to setup and allows for unlimited scenarios.
Read Herschel Berkowitz's full review
August 26, 2020
Roma Waterman | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Active Campaign to send emails out regularly to my list. I’ve also set up email automations for funnels, as well as segregating lists depending on marketing efforts. It’s been great for selling products, keeping customers informed, and targeting the right customer with segregation. The email automations are brilliant and very easy to use.
  • Email automation
  • Segregating lists
  • Tagging
  • Connecting it via Zapier to our website, etc.
  • More email design templates.
  • Loading and selecting images for email templates can take a little while.
  • Some real stories of people using the product for medium and small size businesses.
  • I would like to see how creative industries like music use Active Campaign.
I love the automation sequences I can set up. And then being able to read the metrics of what emails are working and what aren’t. It’s been very helpful in improving my sequences. I would not consider myself a “tech” person and I was nervous to try the email automation but it was easy to set up. I love going in and seeing how many people are in the sequence, where they are, and what’s working and what’s not.
Read Roma Waterman's full review

WYSIWYG email editor (207)
Dynamic content (189)
Ability to test dynamic content (169)
Landing pages (78)
A/B testing (133)
Mobile optimization (184)
Email deliverability reporting (228)
List management (228)
Triggered drip sequences (209)
Lead nurturing (147)
Lead scoring and grading (105)
Data quality management (116)
Automated sales alerts and tasks (105)
Calendaring (88)
Event/webinar marketing (78)
Social sharing and campaigns (73)
Social profile integration (70)
Dashboards (211)
Standard reports (208)
Custom reports (131)
API (116)
Role-based workflow & approvals (74)
Customizability (122)
Integration with Salesforce.com (23)
Integration with Microsoft Dynamics CRM (13)
Integration with SugarCRM (12)

What is ActiveCampaign?

The vendor states ActiveCampaign's Customer Experience Automation (CXA) platform helps over 130,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to hundreds of pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text. Pricing starts at $9 a month.

By removing the silos that typically exist between email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and account management solutions, businesses can automate truly personalized experiences that feel authentic. The vendor states that over 70% of ActiveCampaign's customers use its 300+ integrations including Shopify, Square, Facebook, and Salesforce.

Additionally, ActiveCampaign offers 500+ pre-built automation templates that make it easy for customers to instantly create and run connected campaigns across all channels, and free customer service, including live chat and phone support, a self-help knowledge base and complementary data migration. Combined with the ActiveCampaign Customer Success Commitment—a set of 14 promises pledging that customers will always be able to get what they need, when they need it—ActiveCampaign aims to deliver value on Day 1 to customers of all sizes.

ActiveCampaign Screenshots

ActiveCampaign Video

ActiveCampaign: Customer Experience Automation Demo

ActiveCampaign Integrations

LiveChat, Survicate, BigCommerce, Calendly, Dropbox, Facebook Pages Manager, MINDBODY, Pipedrive, Shopify, Slack, SurveyMonkey, Typeform, unbounce, Zendesk Support Suite, Twilio Programmable SMS, part of Twilio CPaaS, Magento Commerce, part of Adobe Commerce Cloud

ActiveCampaign Competitors