ActiveCampaign Reviews

Jonathan Aluzas | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 02, 2020

Great Infusionsoft replacement... unless you just enjoy complicated and expensive software

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I used to use Infusionsoft which is a powerful marketing platform but very cumbersome and costly. I switched over to ActiveCampaign and have been thoroughly pleased with it.

I use it for automated marketing campaigns, newsletters, sales and the ease-of-use is terrific. I didn't have to spend six weeks in a bootcamp to understand the basic functionality of it and how to apply it. I'm the primary user, but a few of my employees use it for occasional things and find it user-friendly.

It saved me money, saved me time, and enabled me to match the features of Infusionsoft, for the most part. And the customer service is terrific. If I ever run into an issue or have a question, I am able to get help almost immediately, which is HUGE.

In a crowded market, ActiveCampaign distinguishes itself, and I recommend at least putting in on your list to research if you're looking for a new marketing automation platform.
Read Jonathan Aluzas's full review
Josh Walsh | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 02, 2020

Perfect for small or mid-sized companies. Very user friendly.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

ActiveCampaign provides us a solid marketing automation foundation, from keeping a database of our leads, to email marketing, and managing our lead-gen drip campaigns. In the past, we've struggled with needing to use multiple products, and keeping the data in sync and up to date was a challenge. We've centralized that information in ActiveCampaign, which has been quite valuable.
Read Josh Walsh's full review
Paul J. Cortissoz, SPHR | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 01, 2020

Pleased With ActiveCampaign

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

ActiveCampaign has been a great addition to our in/outbound marketing efforts. What you receive in the platform rivals others I tried like Hubspot e.g. marketing automations for a lot less in terms of monthly costs to our business. The platform is very user friendly and intuitive and they are always upgrading features/functionality. Highly recommend.
Read Paul J. Cortissoz, SPHR's full review
Max Quiroz | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 01, 2020

Why we use ActiveCampaign and won't go back to other providers!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use ActiveCampaign to automate all of our email marketing efforts. We link it to different platforms like WebinarJam, Calendly and Hotmart so that we can automatically segment our leads and contacts, and carry out email automations depending on the actions taken by our contacts, and we also design and send different stand alone campaigns through it.
Read Max Quiroz's full review
Imelda Rodriguez | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 29, 2020

Great option if you are serious about your business

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I am using ActiveCampaign in my own company as my main marketing channel. Not just for email marketing but for building and growing my client list consistently. I love how easily I can set up automations (the new templates on offer are amazing). ActiveCampaign is the third email marketing I've used and I think I am going to keep using it for a long time.
Read Imelda Rodriguez's full review
James McCracken | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 29, 2020

Build trust, responsiveness and your business with Active Campaign

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use ActiveCampaign to communicate with our current clients and our followers through a combination of direct messages and automated sequences.

It is used to manage contacts, update and engage with our clients and prospects so we can deliver the right messages to them according to what they are most interested in learning. The dynamic nature of Active Campaign makes it much easier to setup these automations.
Read James McCracken's full review
Kristen Robinson | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 26, 2020

ActiveCampaign is the ONLY email marketing tool you need!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

ActiveCampaign is being used across the entire company as a way to keep in contact with our potential customers and current clients. We also use it to update our current clients on courses and programs that they have purchased. Lastly, ActiveCampaign is used to inform our potential clients about our services and convert them into clients. ActiveCampaign addresses the problem of being consistent with building the relationship with potential clients and staying in Constant Contact with our current clients.
Read Kristen Robinson's full review
Menachem Glik | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 26, 2020

ActiveCampaign Review

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I've been doing email marketing for a few years. We use ActiveCampaign for our newsletter that we send on a regular basis to our readers.

Before using ActiveCampaign, we used GetResponse and were not satisfied. Then we switched to Mailchimp and yet were not satisfied. Then around 4 years ago, in 2016 we switched to ActiveCampaign and since then we're very happy with the service. ActiveCampaign is a lot lot better than GetResponse and Mailchimp. It has a lot of features. One of the features that is very useful is ActiveCampaign's advanced segmentation.
The segmentation feature allows to send the newsletter to those contacts which haven't open the email, joined recently, etc. It is a very useful feature.

Over the years there were some issues with the services - like slowness of uploading pictures, etc. but they made sure to fix it and improve the service. One thing I really missed is an app, which recently they just launched. ActiveCampaign is a really great service which I recommend. If you're still using GetResponse or Mailchimp I really encourage you to give a try to ActiveCampaign!!
Read Menachem Glik's full review
Alessandro Di Ruscio | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 24, 2020

The best CRM I've ever tried.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use ActiveCampaign to store my email list and communicate with my subscribers. I use it to deliver broadcast emails on a daily basis, but at the same time I've created different automations for different segments of users in my list. I have tried several email software, but ActiveCampaign is so far the best and the most flexible one. I highly recommended it to everyone, especially for service based companies.
Read Alessandro Di Ruscio's full review
Stephane Primard , Rédacteur de vente | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 23, 2020

AC + CF = Clients + Time

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use it to sell more of my own and my clients' services on autopilot. It's used across the whole organization. It really helps free up precious time that we can use to better help our clients and scale.
Read Stephane Primard , Rédacteur de vente's full review
Crismer La Pignola | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 23, 2020

Active Campaign for small and big business is the right choice

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I have a small business, a project for coaching in digital education and network dependencies, and several problems like bullying, cyberbullying, and security risk for young people. My goal is to speak to young people and parents. After several searches, I found Active Campaign the best for me because of the modular and robust platform. I tested several other products, but Active Campaign gives me all I need for my campaign and specifically for my small business. Automation and reports help me to remain in contact with my customers and followers.
Read Crismer La Pignola's full review
Remco Dumortier | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 22, 2020

Great way to automate your marketing and increase acquisition ratio

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Our sales and marketing department are using ActiveCampaign as a marketing automation tool for multiple customers. It helps us building sequences during the on-boarding of prospects. Thanks to the easy setup of the automation flow, sales can focus on direct follow up with the warmest leads, instead of wasting time on every inbound email.
Read Remco Dumortier's full review
Jessica Nevins | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 18, 2020

ActiveCampaign has made my life easier!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use ActiveCampaign to communicate with the subscribers on my list. It helps me to deliver great content, communications and announcements to them in an organized efficient way. It is only being used by me presently as I am a solopreneur, however, as I expand my team, I will delegate tasks for them on the platform. The business problems it addresses is it helps me to segment my list and speak to portions of my audience with greater relevancy than I would be able to do before. It helps me to be more specific and address their needs than doing it generally (as I did with previous email marketing providers) which is not as effective.
Read Jessica Nevins's full review
Nick Brix | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 18, 2020

Great email software

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I have been growing my email list with ActiveCampaign the last year or so. I especially find the structured automations very useful to grow my email list and my subscribers and keep my subscribers engage. At the same time I have used it to segment them into different groups, based on their needs. I have tried several email software, but ActiveCampaign is the best email software I have tried so far. Can only recommend, especially for service based companies.
Read Nick Brix's full review
Lianna Patch | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 16, 2020

Better than most alternatives...

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I've used ActiveCampaign for one of my two copywriting businesses since 2016, and recently migrated my other business to ActiveCampaign from ConvertKit. As a marketing consultant and copywriter for SaaS and ecommerce businesses, I look for email service platforms that integrate well with store software and other tools. I preferred AC's old interface (I think it changed about a year and a half ago?), which I thought was more intuitive, but regardless, it still offers a MUCH better user experience and much more flexibility of use than ConvertKit.
Read Lianna Patch's full review
Igor Klibanov | TrustRadius Reviewer

How I Used ActiveCampaign to Grow My Business with Email Marketing

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use ActiveCampaign for a few purposes:
1. To send emails to my subscribers.
2. To use automations (sequences of emails) to convert prospects to buyers.
3. To send specific emails to segments of subscribers, based on common characteristics.

Read Igor Klibanov's full review
Drumm McNaughton | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 15, 2020

ActiveCampaign: two thumbs up!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

ActiveCampaign is our primary platform for communications and prospect tracking/CRM. It gives us the flexibility to do almost everything we need (and we're still discovering new things after 4 years!). What I like most about it is how it gives great visibility to our clients through monthly newsletters and posts, and how I can track clicks and opens. The automation features are excellent and it simplifies the usual followup with prospects. The learning curve isn't very steep, either.
Read Drumm McNaughton's full review
Ian Griffiths - High Voltage Earthing Design | TrustRadius Reviewer

ActiveCampaign keeps you active

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

ActiveCampaign (AC) is used across the organization to help: Automate repetitive tasks, manage comms externally, promote the business, grow the pipeline, manage online events, integrate with our e-learning platform, manage engagement and optimize deliverability. In essence, to do the heavy lifting and leverage so much more with less so that we can comfortably punch way above our weight!
Read Ian Griffiths - High Voltage Earthing Design's full review
Brian Armstrong | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 12, 2020

ActiveCampaign - hidden gem everyone should know

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

ActiveCampaign is being used by the sales and marketing department. As a small business with positive growth, it was the first CRM implemented by the company. It helps us connect and engage with our current customers and helps to manage prospects and leads. The main idea is for better email marketing and contact management but with simplicity in mind and still robust enough.
Read Brian Armstrong's full review
Melissa Shervington | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 11, 2020

My Experience Using ActiveCampaign

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I started using ActiveCampaign whilst streamlining my business, to enable me to run it more efficiently & effectively. The software has helped me to re-claim valuable time, by effectively scheduling my communication to go out to my database, regularly. I am very happy with the product & service.
Read Melissa Shervington's full review

WYSIWYG email editor (127)
Dynamic content (115)
Ability to test dynamic content (101)
Landing pages (45)
6.7
A/B testing (81)
Mobile optimization (111)
Email deliverability reporting (137)
List management (137)
Triggered drip sequences (124)
9.4
Lead nurturing (72)
Lead scoring and grading (52)
Data quality management (55)
Automated sales alerts and tasks (50)
Calendaring (42)
Event/webinar marketing (36)
Social sharing and campaigns (31)
Social profile integration (32)
Dashboards (129)
Standard reports (126)
Custom reports (87)
API (61)
Role-based workflow & approvals (36)
Customizability (55)
Integration with Salesforce.com (9)
Integration with Microsoft Dynamics CRM (5)
Integration with SugarCRM (5)

About ActiveCampaign

The vendor states that ActiveCampaign's Customer Experience Automation Platform presently helps 90,000+ businesses in 161 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to hundreds of pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for orchestration, segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text. 300+ integrations. Pricing starts at $9/month.

Email Marketing

Predictive Sending
Predictive Content Beta

ActiveCampaign Integrations

ActiveCampaign Competitors

Mailchimp, HubSpot, Klaviyo, Marketo, Campaign Monitor, Constant Contact, Keap (formerly Infusionsoft), ConvertKit

ActiveCampaign Technical Details