Overall Satisfaction with ActiveCollab
ActiveCollab is used at my company as the main ticketing system. We rely on ActiveCollab for:
- Tracking internal tasks
- Projecting progress
- Client requests
- Internal and external communications
- Project Management - Makes it very efficient to manage projects using Gantt Charts, daily email reports and custom reports!
- Collaboration - Allows to collaborate with team members, tag them in tasks, send files/attachments.
- Task delegation - With just 2 clicks you can delegate tasks to other team members/users.
- Search functionality - The search functionality is not so promising and I'm unable to find the tasks/items that I need even though I use the keywords that are in the ticket/comments -- Definitely something that needs to be improved.
- No snooze functionality for tasks - If you work on multiple projects and deal with large number of tasks/tickets then things can get messy in your "workspace." An easy feature that can resolve this is to add snooze functionality. That way users can snooze tasks and optimize their workspace until when they really need to work on the task.
- No ability to color code tasks - I'm a visual person and deal with a large number of tasks on ActiveCollab. Seeing my huge pile of tasks in the same color makes me lose track of things and slows me down. It would be very helpful for me if task color coding was added to Active Collab -- I'm sure there are others out there who benefit from this feature, too!
- Allows our team to stay organized and keep conversations on tasks.
- The To-Do List email every morning helps me mentally prepare and know exactly what I should be doing as soon as I start work.
- Powerful and useful integrations save lots of time (Google Drive, Slack, Dropbox, Zapier and more!).
I have used multiple project management platforms such as ActiveCollab, JIRA, Trello, etc. Trello has great visualization with their (Kanban Board) board system and support drag and drop functionality for managing tasks. ActiveCollab, however, does not have the fancy visualization, but is very powerful when it comes to ticketing, task management, task delegation, time tracking, etc.
Overall, ActiveCollab is a great project management tool. If you're looking for a platform for your team to track their tasks, communicate with one another, share files, etc., then ActiveCollab is the exact right choice. It even allows you to invite external users to collaborate with (such as clients) and lets you set up custom visibility for them.