Overall Satisfaction with Adaptive Insights
Adaptive is being used across the entire company as our budget software. We also use it to generate some operational metrics, and are expanding that functionality now. We have all of our financials, track our bookings, and track our ARR in Adaptive.
- I love how easy it is to track software and general amortizations in Adaptive. The software has been an issue with my past employers, but it flows very easily here in Adaptive.
- We also use Adaptive's OfficeConnect for easy reporting. It has helped us automate our reporting as we work with internal departments. We have the reports built, and the software and can refresh all of them simultaneously, reducing generation time and giving us more time for analysis.
- We are building out more operational metrics now. We are starting to track sales opportunities across different business segments to see the correlation between spending activities and opportunity generation. This helps us set better targets in the future. This paired with OfficeConnect also makes it very easy to track and report on operational metrics in addition to financial metrics.
- It can get cumbersome to have separate sheets for all prepaid expenses. The software works out very neatly - but creating a new sheet for each prepaid expense can be difficult. Because of this, I feel like forecasting is less based on actual plans, and more based on gut feelings, and trends rather than actual plans.
- I wish OfficeConnect could pull individual lines rather than just aggregated data. The example that I'm trying to work on now is that I would like to pull personnel information from OfficeConnect (mainly pulling lists of employees, or open positions). I don't know how to do that currently. I can pull aggregated data and show totals - but I can't see the individual lines that make up that total within OfficeConnect.
- We are seeing more and more how Adaptive can go beyond financial metrics and cross into operational metrics. As we work with other departments in the business, we are working hard to make Adaptive the system of record when it comes to KPI reporting and measuring.
I like how easy Essbase is to pull reports - but I think that OfficeConnect fills that gap. When looking at Hyperion vs Adaptive, I think that Adaptive's input is much easier to navigate. I like Adaptive much more. Because input is so much easier, it helps me be in the system more frequently and rely on it more heavily.
It is very helpful for budgeting and reporting. I love how easy it is to automate reports and presentations. It can be more difficult to plan specific activities. It feels more high-level than activity-level. It shows totals rather than individual transactions (either past or future transactions).